[Suggestion] Remove the Gun Rammer equipment. I'll tell you why...

Waste of space Equipment 3rd slot

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Homer_J #41 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

Field Marshal

• 33857 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBad_Mojo_incoming, on 25 March 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

In my experience, Vstab is completely pointless on tanks that are not good at firing on the move. I only use Vstab on my M46, M48, T55a, T54 and T62...all other tanks, which don't have good accuracy on the move are better off with gun laying drive.

This has been done time and time again.  You are never ever better with a GLD.  The Vstab makes the circle smaller to start with, which reduces your aim time and it always works out more than the GLD reduction does.  Only use a GLD when you cannot use Vstab or with a Vstab.

Flash909 #42 Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36002 battles
  • [WAR-W] WAR-W

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 24 March 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

First of all, here's an example of having it will benefit you: even if everyone uses it, auto-loading tanks, cannot, that means that you need the extra reload to kill him before he reloads his clip again to finish you off, so yea, having a rammer is actually good in that situation.

Also for your argument, we can apply that logic to pretty much every equipment in the game,

why buy optics and camo-net, since everyone can?

Why put vents to give my tank better overall stats, everyone will do that, so there is no benefit,

etc...

... but the argument is not "why buy optics and camo-net, since everyone can", it is why HAVE it in the game since everyone DOES buy it, effectively nullifying any diversity it may bring to the game.

15:47 Added after 2 minute

View PostLanrefni, on 24 March 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Respectfully disagree.

You've got to love people respectfully disagreeing with math. They are special.

Mr_Burrows #43 Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 52205 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
I like to have a new shell ready as soon as possible, even if just relocating with a med or light tank. Specially on tanks that have longer reloads, a rammer makes a lot of sense. On an average 10 sec reload you gain 1 second, which is a lot in tighter combat situations. 
The standard layout on most tanks with rammer being one, makes a lot of tactical sense. 
One could, however, argue that on a smal caliber/fast reload guns the rammer is sort of unnecessary in any and all situations unless face hugging, due to the fact that the sights need more time to settle down between shots than the gun in itself needs to reload. You cannot utilize high ROF if you do not hit your target anyway. 

Orkbert #44 Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29941 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 March 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Y'all don't seem to realize that by equipping the Gun Rammer on EVERY tank - apart from autoloaders and maybe a few of your passive scouts - you're missing out on an entire equipment slot! I'd rather use that third slot for something else.

Well, why don't you use the third slot for something else already then and let all the others keep their rammer?

rimmer_the #45 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3571 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

At first, you're probably thinking "oh boy here we go again..." but, hear me out for a minute -

We all know what a Gun Rammer is and what it does. It reduces the reload time of your guns by 10%, seems like a pretty obvious investment, doesn't it?

Well, that's exactly the issue...no good tanker's loadout comes without a gun rammer, precisely because it's so "useful", however, EVERYBODY uses a Gun Rammer on their tank, and if that's the case then, realistically speaking, it's completely pointless!

If for example, all 30 tanks in a battle have it installed, what difference does it make? Maybe it speeds up the battle by 10%? Seriously?...that's all it does then.

Y'all don't seem to realize that by equipping the Gun Rammer on EVERY tank - apart from autoloaders and maybe a few of your passive scouts - you're missing out on an entire equipment slot! I'd rather use that third slot for something else.

It's a radical idea, but I've been thinking about it for a while now...I'm curious what you guys' thoughts are.

Nein, I want a gun rammer on my heavies and arty, derpers. Especially for those who don't just thow gold at retraing Loaders every time. And also to keep the Deadeye perk a little bit useful. 

rimmer_the #46 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3571 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostPanzerKFeldherrnhalle, on 24 March 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

Pointless is to use vents, every time, with only one exception: starting off with 80% crews. Then you need vents. Tanks with bad accuracy and aiming times that have vert stabs won't become decent with vents, they aren't noticeable, and that's the only parameter vents could be good for (a little extra boost for the gun handling). Gun rammer, vert stabs and optics is generally speaking the best arrangement.

Vents+BIA give a marked difference on some tanks turret rotation, aim time, view range, Certainly coupled with a directive or food. Some mediocre tank's biggest problem isnt reload or gun handling. Speaking of, what is the maximum skill % you can get ? Is there a cap at 126% ?

KillingJoker #47 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43292 battles

Everyone try 

cyclone filter, enhanced torsion bar system and fill tanks with CO2

You will feel safter when the enemies shot you (while you are still reloading...) because you know they won't set you on fire that easily or that won't track you or damage your engine so easily...

suddenly the game becomes so much less stressing you, and even the bad aim time of the gun won't upset you anymore because the gun will be still reloading

Venom7000 #48 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8649 battles

At first, you're probably thinking "oh boy here we go again..." but, hear me out for a minute -

We all know what a Gun Rammer is and what it does. It reduces the reload time of your guns by 10%, seems like a pretty obvious investment, doesn't it?

Well, that's exactly the issue...no good tanker's loadout comes without a gun rammer, precisely because it's so "useful", however, EVERYBODY uses a Gun Rammer on their tank, and if that's the case then, realistically speaking, it's completely pointless!

If for example, all 30 tanks in a battle have it installed, what difference does it make? Maybe it speeds up the battle by 10%? Seriously?...that's all it does then.

It's a radical idea, but I've been thinking about it for a while now...I'm curious what you guys' thoughts are.

While rammer seems like a popular "no brainer" choice. I personally only mount it if it gives me and extra shot per minute or when I cant mount Vstab.

I personally never mount rammer on lights.

I prefer camo, vents and v stab.

Also on tanks that have horrible reload like 17 seconds. For me putting a rammer wont help much.

I would rather lower the aim time.

Edited by Venom7000, 23 May 2020 - 04:12 PM.

Miljac72 #49 Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 60837 battles
I have never understood why players are mounting rammers on tanks with reload times below 8 seconds...

As if a reduction of 0,x seconds would be benefitial or useful instead of having a constant but small bonus of every trait with vents.

Galan7891 #50 Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10204 battles

View PostMiljac72, on 23 May 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

I have never understood why players are mounting rammers on tanks with reload times below 8 seconds...

As if a reduction of 0,x seconds would be benefitial or useful instead of having a constant but small bonus of every trait with vents.
Because if you use rammer and the rest of the stuff that can improve your reload you might get that reload down to 7 or less seconds.Which means you get to fire more and do more damage and win more...theoretically.

ZlatanArKung #51 Posted 24 May 2020 - 10:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostMiljac72, on 23 May 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

You go Rammer - V-stab - Vents. 

And then you are done, no other equipments are useful for tanks with 390m+ viewrange, since all of these get enough viewrange (445+) anyway.

Camo net, Binos etc are in just a waste of equipment slot regardless of tank (except Swedish T8+ TD that can have use of binos).

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 24 May 2020 - 10:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users