Smoking hot topic, but where is the voice of WG?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

SweZooT #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47278 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Hello WG.
As there is no way of getting straight answers from you in any way, not people in charge or developers, i am sending you this open letter here, and posting it on multiple forums.
You talk highly of the 'rebalance' of arty, how it is going to change the game for the better, so players who cant find artysafe spots to camp in will be better off..
How about the secret nerf you've been doing the last few updates? Probably alot of artyplayers with me have noticed how there magicaly apear rocks, much higher buildings, and other obsticles in your maps, without a word about it. I understand people got pissed off when you give arty stun, then you change your mind.
But now you need to rework you artymissions, lower price on shells because its not going to bring you the same income in silver, and remove your sneaky nerfs on all the maps.
While your at it, rework the physics for the wheeled vehicles, who in their right mind would put a tank that can do a flip mid air and land on their wheels without dmg into the game.. what have you been smoking??? 18tons of tank.. jebus christ people.. get a grip! 95% of the players i've talked to think the tank is missplaced, pretty much stupid. Are you aiming to make a clowntank arcade game then you are on a perfect course, else.. you need to rethink.. HARD. I've been playing this game now for more then 7 years and this has gotten outa hand. Please remind us again why we invest our real life money into getting had like this every major update? Physics, great, but recalc how you get 18tons to fly, and land on a aired tire without a scratch.

grensu #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36929 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well first .. I think you are in need of a tinfoil hat since I haven't noticed any of these map tweaks you're talking about when I play arty

Secondly most AFV's have full rubber tires to prevent puncture via bullets/spikes/barbed wire and other battlefield hazards like those (note I mentioned armored fighting vehicles not troop transport trucks)

Third I've been playing since beta and I've seen all the changes in the meta .. Shaking it up every once in a while is good and keeps the game from stagnating

Edit: if you want a realistic tank game go play WT .. WoT has always been more on the arcade side of a tank shooter

Edited by grensu, 25 March 2019 - 03:22 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 28622 battles

View PostSweZooT, on 25 March 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

Hello WG.
As there is no way of getting straight answers from you in any way, not people in charge or developers, i am sending you this open letter here, and posting it on multiple forums.
You talk highly of the 'rebalance' of arty, how it is going to change the game for the better, so players who cant find artysafe spots to camp in will be better off..
How about the secret nerf you've been doing the last few updates? Probably alot of artyplayers with me have noticed how there magicaly apear rocks, much higher buildings, and other obsticles in your maps, without a word about it. I understand people got pissed off when you give arty stun, then you change your mind.
But now you need to rework you artymissions, lower price on shells because its not going to bring you the same income in silver, and remove your sneaky nerfs on all the maps.
While your at it, rework the physics for the wheeled vehicles, who in their right mind would put a tank that can do a flip mid air and land on their wheels without dmg into the game.. what have you been smoking??? 18tons of tank.. jebus christ people.. get a grip! 95% of the players i've talked to think the tank is missplaced, pretty much stupid. Are you aiming to make a clowntank arcade game then you are on a perfect course, else.. you need to rethink.. HARD. I've been playing this game now for more then 7 years and this has gotten outa hand. Please remind us again why we invest our real life money into getting had like this every major update? Physics, great, but recalc how you get 18tons to fly, and land on a aired tire without a scratch.
Spoiler

jack_timber #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36797 battles
Yes there were a few 'tweaks' to maps for 1.4 but as an avid arty player, yes folks there are a few, can't say I have noticed anything different.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSweZooT, on 25 March 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

95% of the players i've talked to think the tank is missplaced, pretty much stupid. Are you aiming to make a clowntank arcade game then you are on a perfect course, else.. you need to rethink.. 

While we are making up stats, 100% of the people I talked to hate arty and would like to see it removed completely from the game.

Arty is the easiest class to play in this game so the rewards should be the lowest as well, there needs to be a proper risk/reward system in this game where skill based classes give you more rewards then classes that sit in base all match long doing damage from absolute safety without any risk involved in having to do that damage.

Cobra 6

WindSpIitter1 #6 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 278 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postgrensu, on 25 March 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

(...)

Edit: if you want a realistic tank game go play WT .. WoT has always been more on the arcade side of a tank shooter

Planes in WT tank battles are arguably a somewhat similar mechanic to WoT's SPGs - even if you have to sort of earn your place in one. The common argument is of course that you can spawn in anti-air, but that's like playing SPGs only to counter the enemy SPGs. Not a lot of fun.

Homer_J #7 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postgrensu, on 25 March 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well first .. I think you are in need of a tinfoil hat since I haven't noticed any of these map tweaks you're talking about when I play arty

Highway came back with some tower blocks... El Halluf when it was made HD made spots in heavy corner harder to hit with arty.  A few others during the HD rework got more protection but nothing recent.

SuNo_TeSLa #8 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41480 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
I call a truckload of [edited]on the OP :rolleyes:

erotic_hamster #9 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 480 battles

:amazed:

Pass it man...I want some.

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles

Hello WG.

How "I can't relocate to get a better angle" is WG's fault?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32037 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Nope, didn't happen.

the_nebuchadnezzar #12 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51406 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Nerfing arty when you can limit them to one per team is beyond stupid. 

Solstad1069 #13 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41844 battles

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 25 March 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Nerfing arty when you can limit them to one per team is beyond stupid. 

This, but it would be typical WG to waste their time on nerfing arty, when all you could do is drop the numbers of them.
Its funny when you pick your arty and press battlle it says it might take longer for arty to get in a battle, i have NEVER ever noticed this.

Edited by Solstad1069, 25 March 2019 - 08:33 PM.

SweZooT #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47278 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View Postgrensu, on 25 March 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Secondly most AFV's have full rubber tires to prevent puncture via bullets/spikes/barbed wire and other battlefield hazards like those (note I mentioned armored fighting vehicles not troop transport trucks)

Third I've been playing since beta and I've seen all the changes in the meta .. Shaking it up every once in a while is good and keeps the game from stagnating

SO i am sure with your comment that you are NOT an arty player of sort..
Just a few, and very few..
Ruinberg, buildings being raised, corners moved, tiny object blocking shooting lanes.
Himmelsdorf, same thing.
Pretty much most maps keep getting new houses, ruins, and other solid objects to effectivly block out any

arty lanes from the better shootingspots.

10:59 Added after 6 minutes

View PostCobra6, on 25 March 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

While we are making up stats, 100% of the people I talked to hate arty and would like to see it removed completely from the game.

Arty is the easiest class to play in this game so the rewards should be the lowest as well, there needs to be a proper risk/reward system in this game where skill based classes give you more rewards then classes that sit in base all match long doing damage from absolute safety without any risk involved in having to do that damage.

Cobra 6

Mmm, how about that.. reading seem to be over your level here.. I guess your one of those clownplayers. Read again, read slow and try to understand what you just read. Then air your opinion on the subject, not creating one of your own. Have a nice day.

11:02 Added after 9 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Highway came back with some tower blocks... El Halluf when it was made HD made spots in heavy corner harder to hit with arty.  A few others during the HD rework got more protection but nothing recent.

Extra houses on fisherman to cover heavy side pushes, that rework was not even called for.. making the map more unbalanced.
I could take screenshots of all those small things they put up, if needed =)
11:04 Added after 12 minutes

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 25 March 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

Nope, better angle is fine, but when they make changes to all those angles, then what?

WoT_RU_Doing #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53143 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postgrensu, on 25 March 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

View Postjack_timber, on 25 March 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yes there were a few 'tweaks' to maps for 1.4 but as an avid arty player, yes folks there are a few, can't say I have noticed anything different.

MOST of the map changes came in as each map was switched to HD, when suddenly a lot of buildings and structures got significantly taller, and inexplicably Redshire got a downed Zeppelin. This provides significantly better cover than was available in 9.x. Since then, there's been another unannounced change to HE behaviour, so that most HE shots now are not listed as penetrations. It doesn't affect the actual damage or stun as far as I can tell, but probably does affect the ability to use arty for the cause 12 penetrating hits mission in campaign 2.0.

Wintermute_1 #16 Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47425 battles
Both Paris and Empires Border were clearly designed with limiting artys ability to hit anything in mind. Everyone hated those maps anyway.

4nt #17 Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26060 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 26 March 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Both Paris and Empires Border were clearly designed with limiting artys ability to hit anything in mind. Everyone hated those maps anyway.

I'd think that wasn't the primary problem with those maps... But I've grown into Paris, somehow, not anymore facedesking when the loading screen pops up.

On the other hand, I need to repaint my desk, because lately I've had more games in Border than it is healthy.

satakuua #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12204 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 25 March 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

+1

Homer_J #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSweZooT, on 26 March 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

Extra houses on fisherman to cover heavy side pushes, that rework was not even called for.. making the map more unbalanced.

That wasn't about arty though, that was because people are too stupid to take a wide line to avoid being sniped from the middle.  Same reason they removed some bush (can I say bush without upsetting the censor) from the middle area.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69705 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Care to point out some of these "Higher buildings"? As I can't say I've noticed any of those things. Keep in mind that not all SPG's have the same shell arch. Even on the same arty on different guns. So what you could hit on one spg, is not what you can hit on another always.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 March 2019 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users