Jump to content


After game or system crash tanks should stop at where they are!


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

rageman4u #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16540 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

There is one thing that is very annoying in this game!

When my system crash why my tank keeps going to nowhere? I received bluescreen while i was playing my game(which is annoying) I was driving forward the time i crashed and i found my tank in the sea .

I believe it is better for my tank to stop and stay where iit was the time i crashed.

 Same has happened when i was playing in malinovka and i found my tank in the middle of malinovka dead !



Homer_J #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Errmmm.. fix your system.  No crash no problem.

 

If your tank stopped after every blip in communication then driving would be impossible a lot of the time.



rageman4u #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16540 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Errmmm.. fix your system.  No crash no problem.

 

If your tank stopped after every blip in communication then driving would be impossible a lot of the time.

 

It happens rarely. If i were in battle we would definately win!

Now played two more games and 2-15 1-15 games! i deserted the game before finiish



pecopad #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26379 battles
  • 1,476
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Errmmm.. fix your system.  No crash no problem.

 

If your tank stopped after every blip in communication then driving would be impossible a lot of the time.

 

LOL, you are joking right... most of the issues are with the game and servers, not the riggs, unless he is playing in some old computer.

 

We had maps that had texture problems for years. 

 

But this either is frequent and its clearly a problem on your side,and you should upgrade you computer and try to keep the GPU drivers updated.

 

Or this is not frequent (mostly when new patches are released, and FL mode), and  its probably not worth the effort to find a better solution.


Edited by pecopad, 25 March 2019 - 05:01 PM.


Homer_J #5 Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postpecopad, on 25 March 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

 

LOL, you are joking right... most of the issues are with the game and servers, not the riggs, unless he is playing in some old computer.

 

The game cannot cause a BSOD, that's a hardware or driver problem.

MeetriX #6 Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:26 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21971 battles
  • 3,311
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
Release the W button before your system crash.

8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 73335 battles
  • 4,161
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

This actually happened to me just a couple of minutes ago. Started driving, game crash a few seconds in and I come back to a drowned Grille.

-1% on the mark (I had only played a couple of hours for that little progression so it's ok) and a reset on the secondary mission that I had 2/3 on.

Good times. :child: 

 

(luckily crashes are very rare to me)



PervyPastryPuffer #8 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32704 battles
  • 3,204
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

The game cannot cause a BSOD, that's a hardware or driver problem.

 

Last year's BSoD-while-playing-fullscreen outbreak proves it can. It affected more than just a few individuals.

 

I agree with OP. A connection loss lasting over 5 seconds should stop the tank.



Bordhaw #9 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13422 battles
  • 3,613
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Postrageman4u, on 25 March 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

Now played two more games and 2-15 1-15 games! i deserted the game before finiish

 



rageman4u #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:37 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16540 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View PostMeetriX, on 25 March 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Release the W button before your system crash.

 

that helped alot:D now i play inside cap circle :D

wEight_Tanker #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9735 battles
  • 915
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

View PostHomer_J, on 25 March 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Errmmm.. fix your system.  No crash no problem.

 

I've had enough of constructn't for today.



Robbie_T #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 04:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18802 battles
  • 641
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

in the 4 years i played i crashed a handfull of times at most.

and of those times 3 times the whole server went down.

 



250swb #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23225 battles
  • 5,496
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Postrageman4u, on 25 March 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

There is one thing that is very annoying in this game!

When my system crash why my tank keeps going to nowhere? I received bluescreen while i was playing my game(which is annoying) I was driving forward the time i crashed and i found my tank in the sea .

I believe it is better for my tank to stop and stay where iit was the time i crashed.

 Same has happened when i was playing in malinovka and i found my tank in the middle of malinovka dead !

 

The premise to your argument exhibits a staggering lack of logic and common sense. What if your tank stopped dead while in the middle of open terrain, or engaged in a firefight, you'd be crying for the opposite and asking why your tank can't at least keep going in the direction you'd wanted it to go. It is as they say a situation that's 'six of one and half a dozen of the other', meaning you can't win and you can't lose either way. 

Geno1isme #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 45858 battles
  • 9,529
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 25 March 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

Last year's BSoD-while-playing-fullscreen outbreak proves it can. It affected more than just a few individuals.

 

The game itself can't directly cause a BSOD. It may trigger a crash in a driver or the OS which then causes a BSOD, but that's because the driver, hardware or OS is faulty to begin with.



Mannanan #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27194 battles
  • 2,439
  • Member since:
    07-28-2017

In many, possibly the most cases you are at a vulnerable position during a movement and even a server would stop your tank just after detecting you have disconnected you die anyway. It would interfere with predictive rendering to hide short lags and stopping your tank would have to take some more time to distinguish it from a recoverable lag. Further hindering how often it helps because it would move you too much. It seems to me that the complexity is not worth it.


Edited by Mannanan, 26 March 2019 - 10:35 AM.


Homer_J #16 Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 25 March 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

 

I agree with OP. A connection loss lasting over 5 seconds should stop the tank.

 

So you would stop in the open somewhere and die.

 

I suffered a lot of disconnects at one time.  Sometimes I would get back in game and my tank would be in the sea somewhere, other times it had rolled across the map and stopped somewhere safe.  I got used to not heading directly for water if at all possible.  If it stopped after 5 seconds then most likely it would have stopped right in the firing line.



DeadLecter #17 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28808 battles
  • 1,387
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
Actually internet disconnection happens a lot so it would be good if the tank stopped moving after getting disconnected or a system crash. Why not? I know some fellow is gonna say go get a better PC or better Internet but for some people it may not be possible plus what harm would it do to have some nice features in the game?

Homer_J #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,700
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDeadLecter, on 26 March 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Actually internet disconnection happens a lot so it would be good if the tank stopped moving after getting disconnected or a system crash.

 

At what point do you say you have a disconnect though?  Every lost packet?  You could be stopping every few seconds if it did that.

 

Pull the plug on your router and see how long it takes the game to tell you.  It's a lot longer than you expect and plenty of time for most tanks to cross most maps.



rageman4u #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16540 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View Post250swb, on 26 March 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

The premise to your argument exhibits a staggering lack of logic and common sense. What if your tank stopped dead while in the middle of open terrain, or engaged in a firefight, you'd be crying for the opposite and asking why your tank can't at least keep going in the direction you'd wanted it to go. It is as they say a situation that's 'six of one and half a dozen of the other', meaning you can't win and you can't lose either way. 

 

I won't actually. It is the way it has to be! Imagine you peek out and shot and there blue secreen start to go somehwere unknown for 2mins :D

DeadLecter #20 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28808 battles
  • 1,387
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostHomer_J, on 27 March 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

 

At what point do you say you have a disconnect though?  Every lost packet?  You could be stopping every few seconds if it did that.

 

Pull the plug on your router and see how long it takes the game to tell you.  It's a lot longer than you expect and plenty of time for most tanks to cross most maps.

 

They can add a timer. Say if you're disconnected for more than 5 seconds the tank stops moving. Solves the problem for a lot of tanks.

Edited by DeadLecter, 27 March 2019 - 09:16 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users