Overexpectation or lack of communication?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_GoGen_ #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8644 battles

Situation (Tierspan 7/8/9):

One or two tanks on my side are stuck behind an obstacle, with one or two enemy tanks on the other side. It's a stalemate position for all, as no one wants to take a peak first.

Then I arrive and yolo past them all, even go around the enemy, taking their fire... BUT, although enemy furned their turrets away from my teammates, they mostly DON'T recognize the moment to go out and nail the opponents. Instead they remain there until I die and stalemate continues.

Question for experienced players:

Since most of the time such move obviously isn't "obvious" enough, how am I supposed to annouce I'm going to help by taking some hits just to divert enemy's attention for greater benefit?

Messageing to them in chat in the middle of the fight?

Ctrl-clicking?

Something else?

Or just stop doing that, expecting people occupied with their own battlefield problems to read my mind :)

Thanks for advice.

JocMeister #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26028 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post_GoGen_, on 25 March 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

Situation (Tierspan 7/8/9):

One or two tanks on my side are stuck behind an obstacle, with one or two enemy tanks on the other side. It's a stalemate position for all, as no one wants to take a peak first.

Then I arrive and yolo past them all, even go around the enemy, taking their fire... BUT, although enemy furned their turrets away from my teammates, they mostly DON'T recognize the moment to go out and nail the opponents. Instead they remain there until I die and stalemate continues.

Question for experienced players:

Since most of the time such move obviously isn't "obvious" enough, how am I supposed to annouce I'm going to help by taking some hits just to divert enemy's attention for greater benefit?

Ctrl-clicking?

Something else?

Or just stop doing that, expecting people occupied with their own battlefield problems to read my mind :)

Thanks for advice.

The sooner you realize WoT is 29vs1 the better off you will be. You can´t communicate with your "team". 95% of them don´t speak or understand English and 98% of them are struggling to tie their shoes. 

rustysprite #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22613 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Shoot them first and then they chase you?

;)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Post_GoGen_, on 25 March 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

This, the sooner you curb your enthusiasm and expect as little as possible from your team the better your games will be!

Bordhaw #5 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View Post_GoGen_, on 25 March 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Ctrl-clicking?

Something else?

Thanks for advice.

Maybe use the Help button that communicates "Help" to your team? 

_GoGen_ #6 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8644 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 25 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Maybe use the Help button that communicates "Help" to your team? 

Hmm, good idea... though I somehow think this is highly ignored, as Help! is being used also by LTs who storm 5 miles away from the pack in first 30 seconds.

BTW once I yelled Help! and got a reply: "There is no help - only Zuul

Cried my eyes out, repeated it many times since.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32035 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Target the friendly and ping 'help'. If they respond with an 'affirmative' then do the same and make your move. At least you know they're paying attention so you might get the help. If you don't get any response from your 'help' ping don't even bother. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users