• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

dd_keky #1 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7480 battles
  • [C-COM] C-COM
Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 26 March 2019 - 11:52 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

WoT_RU_Doing #2 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53123 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postdd_keky, on 25 March 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

In 14 games i had 2-4 guys litteraly going A1/0 and spending the entire battle there while they are aiming and firing at enemies, but they dont move.

Were 2-3 of them arty?

Renesco #3 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24659 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
I've never been one to call bad players bots, but I've been encountering some outright weird behaviour from 'red' players lately that makes me think no person is controlling that.

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

dd_keky #5 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7480 battles
  • [C-COM] C-COM
I am not useing xvm or any other mods to tell me stats/wn and other stats in-game, i've checked it manualy after game.
@

WoT_RU_Doing#2

no, usualy they were top tier or equal tier with me. Whats even funnier all of them were heavies / meds with no so ''snipy'' gun. I got it if you play Leo or Panther that u wanna be in back useing that 0.3 dis i get it i play my indien that way, but when i see is-6 t34 sniping from like 400m+ i just wanna  tell them plz delete sys32 lads

Dorander #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

Short answer: the punishment is nothing.

Longer answer: Wargaming has a detection system for automated programs, which we are told exists, but not how it works or how effective it is. The community, generally, does not trust Wargaming's ability or level of effort in maintaining the rules. This belief is reinforced by various violation types which rely on player reports rather than active enforcement, the most prominent recent examples being chat bans and offensive nickname/clanname renames. Most (if not all) situations of where players see cheaters is referred to Wargaming's own detection systems, and they may or may not review individual reports.

It is possible you've seen a few bots, they exist and pretty much everyone knows it. But you also need to take into account the alternative explanation, that what you've seen are just bad players who for some reason thought that hiding there was a good tactic compared to alternatives, or who did not even consider alternatives, that's just what they do for their own personal reasons. It's not illegal to be bad at this game. It's not illegal to make bad decisions. There are, in all seriousness so you understand what kind of thinking you need to take into your account, young children (under the age of 10) playing this game. You can't expect tactical genius, you can't legitimately expect tactical insight from everyone or anyone.

The real answer to whether or not people are bots will always be: we don't really know. We can have theories. We can detect behaviour patterns. But we don't really know for sure. The only thing you can do is try to report them to Wargaming in the hope that it helps, even if it just helps them modify their detection software. If you don't, the lack of action against cheaters is a self-fulfulling prophecy. If you do, you may feel discouraged that they don't do enough. You may feel that either way. Either way, the reality is we rely on Wargaming for enforcement and this is as it should be, and if you can't stand that people (bots or no) do not behave as you want them to... this is not the game for you.

dd_keky #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7480 battles
  • [C-COM] C-COM
I've heard stories about all those systems and what not, whats realy bugging me is that when u reprot someone you dont get a feedback on that report, for exaple Dota 2 you get message that they took actions against someone you reproted earlier.
I know that this game is free for all and i am fine with that, i am just stunned by their actions against those people who are ''cheating''. The punishemnt for those actions should be more severe.

WoT_RU_Doing #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53123 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

If you report someone for breaking the rules, WG will at most say thank you for bringing the incident to their attention, and will sometimes say that action has been taken. They will not tell you what action as they are worried about the legal implications of doing so. However, that does not mean that they do not take action where warranted. If you watch the players last battle date/time, you might even be able to tell that they have been banned for a period of time.

None of this applies to your initial post though, as the following rule does not exist:

1. players must not be rubbish.

Dorander #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View Postdd_keky, on 26 March 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

I've heard stories about all those systems and what not, whats realy bugging me is that when u reprot someone you dont get a feedback on that report, for exaple Dota 2 you get message that they took actions against someone you reproted earlier.
I know that this game is free for all and i am fine with that, i am just stunned by their actions against those people who are ''cheating''. The punishemnt for those actions should be more severe.

You realize that the difference between "We'll look into it" and "We took action" in terms of justified beliefs is nothing, and thus entirely dependent on how much you trust the source to accurately tell you what they're doing? You have no more evidence of any action in either scenario than the other. It doesn't matter what response you get if you can't verify the results.

Miepie #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

Wargaming calls them "TD players"; you'll see them a lot more often. :teethhappy:

Captain_Kremen0 #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38257 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
The problem is also the number of people screaming "Bots" and "cheaterhaxx" at anything and everything they don't like the look of. The only way to deal with the sheer number is an automated system. It's a free game open to anyone, and therein lies the problem........No such thing as an idiot-proof system because idiots are so bloody ingenious.

Signal11th #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40752 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Not that I agree with what people like that do but can you answer me this question. "do you pay these people to play the game" If you do then you can tell them how to play the game, if you don't well they can play the game however they want to. Do I agree with it nope but you can't expect people to play the way you want to.

SuedKAT #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The new map design approach have done it's very best to teach players that camping is the answer to success so it comes as no surprise that people camp at the back regardless of situation.

Asklepi0s #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

• 9566 battles

This thread has been closed by moderation team due to rule violation in the opening post.

Also tagged with Bots, cheats, cheating

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users