T 55A and why I sold it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #1 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30856 battles

It's mobility is weak,the gun trolls often,armor is still pretty weak after the buff. I was... disappointed. And couldn't stand it. Besides,the pretty expensive upkeep. 

I just couldn't stand having 50% WR on this crappy discount T-54. 

It's like the game goes your way only if enemy does a bunch of silly mistakes.

(And no,I do not ask for further buffing).

SuNo_TeSLa #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41428 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
I like it, and I'm not a fan of ruskie meds :)

tajj7 #3 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Silly IMO, probably one of the strongest tier 9 meds now, if not the strongest, it can do pretty much everything. 

It can do a bit of tanking against lower tiers, certainly hull down against higher tiers, it can snipe as the gun has good accuracy and velocity now, it can spot as it has a good camo/view range combo, its got good DPM, good mobility, good gun handling and its got 330 pen HEAT to deal with all the over armoured abominations like Type 5s. 

Probably only real weakness is the gun depression. It actually feels now like the T-62A used to feel like before it got power crept, basically a tier 9 T-62A when the the T-62A was very strong. 

Edited by tajj7, 26 March 2019 - 09:13 AM.

LordSkyFury #4 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13981 battles
  • [R_D1] R_D1

View PostlnfernaI, on 26 March 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

It's mobility is weak,the gun trolls often,armor is still pretty weak after the buff. I was... disappointed. And couldn't stand it. Besides,the pretty expensive upkeep. 

T-55A has better ground resistance, view range, gun handling and shell velocity than T-54. The gun has better penetration than T-54 on standard rounds and still have high DPM (much better than snipe gun, little lest than DPM gun). Armor on this tank was always weaker, not to mention it has different turret model. This tank is more suitable for players who like to play support role. If you like to brawl, stick to T-54. This is one of the better tier 9 mediums you can get.

Edited by LordSkyFury, 26 March 2019 - 09:17 AM.

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostlnfernaI, on 26 March 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Why would you sell any tanks? Are you running out of garage slots?

Hezs #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27490 battles
You sold one of the best tier 9 meds and a reward tank. *edit

Edited by Rvirgo, 27 March 2019 - 04:27 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Knight_Zao #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32522 battles

Sorry OP, you have made a mistake in selling that tank, as others have said its a very good all round tank. Its got mobilty, good turret and decent gun. I cant think of a better single shot med in the game at tier 9. I personally like the standard B and skoda more but i love clipper tanks. 

Hammerhead20 #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27238 battles

When I unlocked this tank (after some years of frustration), I had over 67% win ratio in the first battles.

Now, I'm sitting below 48% win ratio with it...

How is this even possible? I know, I'm not the best player, I do mistakes most of the time but I'm not that bad player either...

I kinda like T-55A and I really wanted to get it but I didn't expected to get such a bad results with it...

And after 82 battles I still don't have the 1st mark on it + no Ace Tanker Badge...

Does this tank is "cursed" or what? Or maybe I just suck?

After all, I'm not going to sell it. It's pretty decent tank in my opinion but that bad streak makes me hate it sometimes...

AHLagman #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4499 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 March 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

When I unlocked this tank (after some years of frustration), I had over 67% win ratio in the first battles.

How is this even possible? I know, I'm not the best player, I do mistakes most of the time but I'm not that bad player either...

I kinda like T-55A and I really wanted to get it but I didn't expected to get such a bad results with it...

And after 82 battles I still don't have the 1st mark on it + no Ace Tanker Badge...

After all, I'm not going to sell it. It's pretty decent tank in my opinion but that bad streak makes me hate it sometimes...

T-55A has got to be one the best tier 9 mediums in the game. I despise facing it even with my tier 9 med because of it's low height and trollish armour. Even though tier 8s can usually deal with tier 9 meds, tier 8s stand no chance against T-55A. No one is good at everything, and the T-55A is just the tank that you aren't too good at. 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLordSkyFury, on 26 March 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

T-55A has better ground resistance, view range, gun handling and shell velocity than T-54. The gun has better penetration than T-54 on standard rounds and still have high DPM (much better than snipe gun, little lest than DPM gun). Armor on this tank was always weaker, not to mention it has different turret model. This tank is more suitable for players who like to play support role. If you like to brawl, stick to T-54. This is one of the better tier 9 mediums you can get.

What I love about the T-55A gun is that it's a hybrid of the T-54 guns. You don't have to pick between a brawler gun or a sniper gun with no dpm. You get a DPM that's no far off the brawler gun on the T-54. And still have the shell speed, dispersion and aim time of the sniper gun with more pen.  Sure the T-54 is 6 km/h faster. But everything else is just flat out better.

I've not played mine much after the buffs tbh. But it's def one of the more versatile tier 9 meds atm. So idk why OP would sell that.

VarzA #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24517 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
I don't get why anyone would sell a T9 tank tbh .... and i am close to snapping playing the Mauschen, which i utterly hate. :)

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 73335 battles

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 March 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Does this tank is "cursed" or what?

It's the German curse. I had T55 and T54 both on 400 battles with practically identical damage and assist stats, but the T55 had 10% lower WR. 

kaneloon #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29937 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Premiums can be rebought now.

And I'm not really a fan of the t55a too, it feels like a "unicum tank", you have to run food and special things to do great.

Plus what is the use to play a tiers 9 premium which fits in no gameplay and with all the grind to do ?

lnfernaI #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30856 battles

View Posttajj7, on 26 March 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Silly IMO, probably one of the strongest tier 9 meds now, if not the strongest, it can do pretty much everything. 

It can do a bit of tanking against lower tiers, certainly hull down against higher tiers, it can snipe as the gun has good accuracy and velocity now, it can spot as it has a good camo/view range combo, its got good DPM, good mobility, good gun handling and its got 330 pen HEAT to deal with all the over armoured abominations like Type 5s. 

Probably only real weakness is the gun depression. It actually feels now like the T-62A used to feel like before it got power crept, basically a tier 9 T-62A when the the T-62A was very strong. 

How silly? There are simply flat-out better options,one of them being TVP,T-54,one of my favorites post-change Obj.430 II,Standard B. I could easily keep up WR in these. I can't in this crap.

View PostLordSkyFury, on 26 March 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

This is one of the better tier 9 mediums you can get.

How is it better if if promotes passive gameplay? Games are not won by camping,but strategic pushes. Tank is still generally slow.

View PostJauhesammutin, on 26 March 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Why would you sell any tanks? Are you running out of garage slots?

No,rather out of my patience and mental wellbeing,both of which have their limits. 

View PostHezs, on 26 March 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

You sold one of the best tier 9 meds and a reward tank. *edit

I know right? Tanks' *edit I got to SELL it.

So I can buy better replacements.

View PostKnight_Zao, on 26 March 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Sorry OP, you have made a mistake in selling that tank, as others have said its a very good all round tank. Its got mobilty, good turret and decent gun. I cant think of a better single shot med in the game at tier 9. I personally like the standard B and skoda more but i love clipper tanks. 

I cannot take words of others for a fact around which to base my gameplay. There are many better options at T9,one of them being the Patton and Centurion.

View PostVarzA, on 26 March 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

I don't get why anyone would sell a T9 tank tbh .... and i am close to snapping playing the Mauschen, which i utterly hate. :)

Because some of them are implied garbage,and in order to free yourself from suffering,you get rid of the problem.

Edited by Rvirgo, 27 March 2019 - 04:32 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

TheDrownedApe #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 47206 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostVarzA, on 26 March 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

i acutally preferred the Mauschen to the VK or the Maus, just gotta spam gold

View PostlnfernaI, on 26 March 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

well done, do what you want, it's your account

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26363 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 March 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

Same story. I really like the tank and it performs well, I can't really fault it, it's my kinda tank, I just like that playstyle and attributes. Started off great, straight in with a first class 1300 base xp game, the wins and damage and kills were racking up over the next few battles, used its turret and camo and view range and accurate(ish) gun to good effect but then losses started to rain in, big time, my teams just melted in seconds, faster than I could do anything about and just went bad to worse. Dropped to something like 32% win rate. Honestly if I did zero damage per battle I get what, 10% win rate? I'm averaging over 2k dmg per battle which isn't amazing but it doesn't tell the full story of how I often take up the role of scouting because the lights yolo die in seconds most the time and then the spotting I make is rarely rewarded, my teams just ignore targets right there sitting on a plate not even moving, asking to be shot, sure I double bush and shoot them myself if I can but my God... it's just an incredible run. Dragged it back up to 42% but I'm not going to be put off playing it. I'll just do what I can do and if the wins come, good, if not, I can't do anything much else about that, but I like the tank and I'm going to keep playing it regardless. 

Laatikkomafia #17 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
https://youtu.be/QMI1uQBHUpA?t=72

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26363 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 March 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

What I love about the T-55A gun is that it's a hybrid of the T-54 guns. You don't have to pick between a brawler gun or a sniper gun with no dpm. You get a DPM that's no far off the brawler gun on the T-54. And still have the shell speed, dispersion and aim time of the sniper gun with more pen.  Sure the T-54 is 6 km/h faster. But everything else is just flat out better.

I've not played mine much after the buffs tbh. But it's def one of the more versatile tier 9 meds atm. So idk why OP would sell that.

I wouldn't call the T-55A gun a hybrid between the two T-54 top guns. It's just straight up a better version of the T-54 sniper gun. It's certainly not diluted to some hybrid between the two T-54 guns though, which would make it less accurate than the sniper gun in exchange for more dpm, which is not the case.It has the same accuracy and aim time as the T-54 sniper gun only it has a notably faster reload along with slightly improved soft stats, shell velocity and AP pen. The only similarity it has with the T-54 dpm gun option is the dpm.

To say everything else is flat out better? mmmmm.... frontally the T-54 is much better, you're talking an overall front armor no less than 200-210 effective which makes the T-54 a real bully boy as top tier and still pretty tough to crack for a lot a tanks whereas with the T-55A your talking frontal hull armor of about 170-180 and that dips just to within a rating that most all guns can pen so you can't face hug and bully lower tier tanks like you can with a T-54 since even lower tiers can 2 key through that sort of armor, but a T-34-85M shooting gold or a T29 shooting standard will not pen the 200+ of a T-54 so the T-54 is not inferior by any means. Different playstyle for sure, but they both have their strong points over each other, it's not all one way traffic for the T-55A

UserZer00 #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11915 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 26 March 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

So, did you share the information because you had doubts and want confirmation / validation or are you suggusting others do the same?

Not saying it was smart or stupid, just wondering what type of input you are looking for.

DeadLecter #20 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28807 battles
Don't know what you're talking about. I hate Stug IV and T28 Concept both are garbage but T55a is a very very decent tank now. It has an amazing gun. In fact the accuracy is very good and it can snap shot like Russian MTs. 330 HEAT means no one stands a chance against your gun and c'mon the mobility is really good. Decent top speed and decent engine power. It is definitely one of the best T9 MTs now. Just don't be shy to load HEAT. I have 2.2k average damage in it and about 52% WR but then again I'm a selfish player and don't really care about WR and my WR in most of my tanks is below 60% so I'm cool with it. I'm sure if you try to be a team player you can achieve much better WR in it.

Edited by DeadLecter, 26 March 2019 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users