Jump to content


WG please let us recover the old tier 2 premiums


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

YewkaF6 #1 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15851 battles
  • 19
  • [D1SCO] D1SCO
  • Member since:
    01-02-2014
This function is currently in the game, which is very cool. You are able to recover any tank which you receive as a reward when you sell it ( mtls-1g14, tks, t-50-2 ) but why can't you recover old tanks like the bt7-art, pz 2 d, light vic? I really wanna play the bt7 art, which I should be able to recover but I can't. PLEASE WG fix this!

Edited by Jahpero, 27 March 2019 - 05:38 PM.
Title of thread edited due to full caps usage.


Cobra6 #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,703
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Please let us recover *ANY* premium tank, if we have battles in it in our profile, we should be able to recover it no matter how long ago it was sold since we have proof we owned it before (battles in it).

 

Cobra 6



divsmo #3 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 383
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Afaik it's time limited, so if you sold them more than 6months ago (or whatever the limit is) you won't be able to get them back.

krazypenguin #4 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27626 battles
  • 2,830
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011
Or.. just never sell a premium\reward tank.  You cannot be that desperate for garage space.

YewkaF6 #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15851 battles
  • 19
  • [D1SCO] D1SCO
  • Member since:
    01-02-2014

View Postkrazypenguin, on 26 March 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

Or.. just never sell a premium\reward tank.  You cannot be that desperate for garage space.

 

IMO mtls-1g14 isn't worth keeping because u can sell it for like 200k credits or something and its a pretty terrible tier 3 tank

krazypenguin #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27626 battles
  • 2,830
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View PostYewkaF6, on 26 March 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

IMO mtls-1g14 isn't worth keeping because u can sell it for like 200k credits or something and its a pretty terrible tier 3 tank

 

This makes no sense.  You say it's not worth keeping because you can sell it for 200k credits but a) 200k credits is nothing and b) it obviously IS worth keeping because otherwise you wouldn't be asking for the ability to get it back...


Edited by krazypenguin, 26 March 2019 - 01:21 PM.


The_Naa #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5199 battles
  • 664
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostCobra6, on 26 March 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Please let us recover *ANY* premium tank, if we have battles in it in our profile, we should be able to recover it no matter how long ago it was sold since we have proof we owned it before (battles in it).

 

Cobra 6

 

What about if you have it for rent with a rental code?

For example I have 1 battle in ELC EVEN 90 when I obtained a rental code for it.

Can I now proof that I once had it?

I'd cladly take it back and then sell it for extra credits. 



Laatikkomafia #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • 4,870
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 March 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

 

What about if you have it for rent with a rental code?

For example I have 1 battle in ELC EVEN 90 when I obtained a rental code for it.

Can I now proof that I once had it?

I'd cladly take it back and then sell it for extra credits. 

 

Nope.

 

And even if you could, you'd have to pay credits for it to begin with.



BlackBloodBandit #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3706 battles
  • 319
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 March 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

What about if you have it for rent with a rental code?

For example I have 1 battle in ELC EVEN 90 when I obtained a rental code for it.

Can I now proof that I once had it?

I'd cladly take it back and then sell it for extra credits. 

It seems you misunderstand it. You did not -own- it, but rented it, so it has nothing to do with being able to recover it or not. You should have kept it in the garage and use them as barracks slots =)



The_Naa #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5199 battles
  • 664
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 26 March 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

 

Nope.  Exactly. 

 

And even if you could, you'd have to pay credits for it to begin with.   Yeah this was a slight oversight i did not remember.

 

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 26 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

It seems you misunderstand it. You did not -own- it, but rented it, so it has nothing to do with being able to recover it or not. You should have kept it in the garage and use them as barracks slots =)    of course i would not tell anyone that i only had it for rental if would like to have it back. but the Cobra 6 said that ''Please let us recover *ANY* premium tank, if we have battles in it in our profile'' is a wrong way to proof if you actually had the tank.

 



_PanzerBitterbal_ #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11159 battles
  • 245
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

There where premium tanks that where only available on lease.

Every time I asked if I could buy it due to the big fun I had with it while it was sitting in my garage I was not allowed to buy it.

 

So asking for "old" tanks is like asking if you can buy a dinosaur back. You can't.



kaneloon #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 29937 battles
  • 2,726
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

I happily kept the Bt7 art and the Tetrach and others. The only one I regret to have sold are the americans : t7 combat car & t1e6 ...

Maybe the LTP too.

But anyway I still can play them on alt accounts.



CyberRage #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2124 battles
  • 427
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
Something tells me they are going to re-appear in the bonds shop.

BlackBloodBandit #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3706 battles
  • 319
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 March 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 26 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

It seems you misunderstand it. You did not -own- it, but rented it, so it has nothing to do with being able to recover it or not. You should have kept it in the garage and use them as barracks slots =)    of course i would not tell anyone that i only had it for rental if would like to have it back. but the Cobra 6 said that ''Please let us recover *ANY* premium tank, if we have battles in it in our profile'' is a wrong way to proof if you actually had the tank.

 

as if WG would not be able to check if you only had it for rental.. they can check if you still played a tank etc

WG doesn't care what you say, as they can check everything in their own data.



Cobra6 #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,703
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 March 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

 

What about if you have it for rent with a rental code?

For example I have 1 battle in ELC EVEN 90 when I obtained a rental code for it.

Can I now proof that I once had it?

I'd cladly take it back and then sell it for extra credits. 

 

Since they have a system that detects if rentals have expired it would be easy to hitch that onto the checking process.

 

Additionally, if they restore your rented premium tank, you still won't be able to play it so really it's a none issue to begin with :D

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 26 March 2019 - 03:15 PM.


The_Naa #16 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5199 battles
  • 664
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 26 March 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

as if WG would not be able to check if you only had it for rental.. they can check if you still played a tank etc

WG doesn't care what you say, as they can check everything in their own data.

sure if they can check it if you once paid money for the tank or received it as a gift that is a solid proof that you owned the tank. go nuts 

View PostCobra6, on 26 March 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

Since they have a system that detects if rentals have expired it would be easy to hitch that onto the checking process. i expect as much

 

Additionally, if they restore your rented premium tank, you still won't be able to play it so really it's a none issue to begin with :D  yes but as you said that battles count as proof. i say you need a little more than that alone. for example the recipe.

 

Cobra 6

 

so let me sum up what i went after: No, battles in your service record alone don't mean that you once owned the tank. you need additional proof.


Edited by The_Naa, 27 March 2019 - 09:29 AM.


8126Jakobsson #17 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 73335 battles
  • 4,161
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

All I ask for 2019 is the chance to get my shitty StuG IV back. I don't think that's unreasonable of me. 

 

:(  <---- my face 



Balc0ra #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69698 battles
  • 18,724
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostYewkaF6, on 26 March 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

 

IMO mtls-1g14 isn't worth keeping because u can sell it for like 200k credits or something and its a pretty terrible tier 3 tank

 

So 2 good games in a tier 8 premium. Def worth that sale. I don't care how bad they are. Not sold anyone. Even the Pz II D. They are still stuff that gets your crew up faster, even on a bad game. And you can still use them to store crew, when your bunks are full.

 

View PostCyberRage, on 26 March 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

Something tells me they are going to re-appear in the bonds shop.

 

They did say that after the tier X's were added. More mid tiers would appear later that was removed. So I suspect tanks like the T14 etc will appear there. But I doubt the gift tanks will, as WG sees them as a selling point for premium time as they are bundeled with 30 days rather often.



FryTheFly #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26532 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013
I would like to have T7 and LTP back.

Renesco #20 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 24661 battles
  • 753
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 26 March 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

All I ask for 2019 is the chance to get my shitty StuG IV back. I don't think that's unreasonable of me. 

 

:(  <---- my face 

 

Why? that thing is pure torture, I take it out every day so my German TD crew get another 2x outing and it's rarely pleasant even with 100% camo and all the fancy bits

 

View Postkaneloon, on 26 March 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

I happily kept the Bt7 art and the Tetrach and others. The only one I regret to have sold are the americans : t7 combat car & t1e6 ...

Maybe the LTP too.

But anyway I still can play them on alt accounts.

 

T1E6 is pretty fun, haven't played it in years though. T7 was never good and the LTP is terrible I take that out twice a week too.

 

PS: I once had a premium refunded several years after selling it (my M4A2E4 Sherman) but that was back in 2013 or 2014 or something when WG were more ... co-operative






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users