Good credit earner, suggestions.

premium tanks credits

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

I am looking for suggestions for a good credit earner. I mainly play Heavy tanks (but I wont be offended if you suggest a medium as well)

Could be from Russia, China or USA.

P.s -maybe a stupid question but. Are premium tier 8 tanks better than premium tier 5-6 tanks when it comes to crew training (in terms of speed)? For example is Churchill 3 better or worse than IS6 for speed crew training. Because Churchill 3 feels like ages to level up a crew.

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Something significant changed this year about credits making. For a week every month we have frontline so grinding credits in randoms is almost dead.

Before FL you needed a tank that's not very sensitive to MM which means good standard pen and some ability to deal with tier 10s (armor, speed, etc.). The Lowe, Lorraine and the Skorpion G did that job very well IMO but if you're focusing your credit making in FL then the Lowe and all slow heavies are not that good for the mode since the mobility isn't that good and it's a huge open map.

Grinding credits in FL requires good mobility, good gun handling and all the DPM you can get. The Progetto is very successful there, Skorpion is kind of successful anywhere! Almost all the premium lights are good too especially the new HWK 30 and the M41D.

The hybrid tanks like the Caernarvon AX and the Centurion 5/1 also are successful in FL since they got okayish mobility, good standard pen, very good DPM and some armor.

As for crew training, the lower tier tanks have higher XP multiplier to compensate for the tank's tier so they should train a crew at the same speed as the higher tier ones. Playing those tanks though is painful! :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 26 March 2019 - 09:04 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 28622 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

I am looking for suggestions for a good credit earner. I mainly play Heavy tanks (but I wont be offended if you suggest a medium as well)

Could be from Russia, China or USA.

P.s -maybe a stupid question but. Are premium tier 8 tanks better than premium tier 5-6 tanks when it comes to crew training (in terms of speed)? For example is Churchill 3 better or worse than IS6 for speed crew training. Because Churchill 3 feels like ages to level up a crew.

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

youtube is the best place to get advice on premium tanks. the other good place is to go to the vehicles section and read up on those tanks.

cicis2016 #4 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 749 battles
defender or another premium tanks

Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 28622 battles

View Postcicis2016, on 26 March 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

defender or another premium tanks

thats not how you spell 'youtube'

Venom7000 #6 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 March 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

Something significant changed this year about credits making. For a week every month we have frontline so grinding credits in randoms is almost dead.

Before FL you needed a tank that's not very sensitive to MM which means good standard pen and some ability to deal with tier 10s (armor, speed, etc.). The Lowe, Lorraine and the Skorpion G did that job very well IMO but if you're focusing your credit making in FL then the Lowe and all slow heavies are not that good for the mode since the mobility isn't that good and it's a huge open map.

Grinding credits in FL requires good mobility, good gun handling and all the DPM you can get. The Progetto is very successful there, Skorpion is kind of successful anywhere! Almost all the premium lights are good too especially the new HWK 30 and the M41D.

The hybrid tanks like the Caernarvon AX and the Centurion 5/1 also are successful in FL since they got okayish mobility, good standard pen, very good DPM and some armor.

As for crew training, the lower tier tanks have higher XP multiplier to compensate for the tank's tier so they should train a crew at the same speed as the higher tier ones. Playing those tanks though is painful! :)

I bought Churchill 3 as my first premium (and only one). The grind feels terrible in it. Its not a good tank. But at least most time I earn credits. Just not a lot, especially if you shoot gold at tanks. And with Churchill 3 there are tanks that you need to shoot gold to pen at all. In that case 2.000credit profit is nothing. Also tier 5 is a terrible place to live since all the window lickers are there and arty almost always destroys me. :D

I was thinking since the Is6 got "buffed" I can take a swing at it. Or the Deffender. But I have to wait for the 2nd one to be on sale again. And I dont like the money they ask for it. 

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 26 March 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:

youtube is the best place to get advice on premium tanks. the other good place is to go to the vehicles section and read up on those tanks.

Actually I found Youtube to be the worst place to look for any advice on this game. Since there is very little content of WOT on it. And when there is its almost 90% WOT Blitz. Other YT channels dedicated to WOT haven't updated their reviews since like 2011 or 2012. So the info is horribly outdated.

Try it, type any tank and look for reviews. Most are from 2011 or from some jackass who plays WOT Blitz. :amazed:

Verblonde #7 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

Rewards tend to be vaguely in proportion to how well you do in the tank (not surprisingly), so it's often a good idea to pick things that mesh well with your play style, and you can expect to do well with.

@XxKuzkina_MatxX's point about FL mode is very valid - it's an excellent way to bump up your earnings, but does lend itself to different vehicles, compared to standard randoms.

I would suggest that there are a number of (sometimes contradictory) things to consider when selecting a premium:

• Is it fun? If you're going to play something a lot for credits/xp, you want to avoid it being a chore - get things that are fun to play.
  • How well does it uptier, if you're going to play a lot of standard randoms?
  • How well does it spot? A good way to get 'bonus' rewards is via spotting damage; things like the US Mediums, and Patriot have excellent view-ranges which can generate useful rewards. I run my Vanilla Patriot with a medium build (Rammer, VStab, and Optics) for this reason, for example.
  • Is it fast(ish)? Decent mobility is very useful if you want to do well in FL.
  • Does it do lots of damage (ideally without excessive gold use)? Damage = rewards, of course.
  • Can it take a decent crew that you already have, or does it fill a training need? Good crews help in FL, plus being able to train existing crews is very helpful.
  • Does it come with a zero skill BIA crew? These crews can be really helpful, but are mainly lower tier (I've bought several 'spares' just for the crews). For FL, I bought a Caern AX, *and* a Bromwell, and converted the crew from the latter to the former.

As to specific recommendations:

• Patriot/Vanilla Patriot: technically a heavy, but acts more like a tubby medium. Works well in FL.
  • Progetto (I have one on NA): probably the best FL tank overall.
  • Oz Centurion/Caern AX: both great for FL, and not hopeless the rest of the time.
  • T-34-3: I actually really like this tank, although I suspect I may be in a minority. Decent mobility, okay armour, and good alpha - works well in FL, and gets pref MM the rest of the time.

Personally, I have too many premiums - across two servers - so picking just one for everything is difficult; I tend to have a few favourites, and tend to pick according to what I'm doing. I'm mainly logging in for FL at the moment, so the above might be where I would start.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I bought Churchill 3 as my first premium (and only one). The grind feels terrible in it. Its not a good tank. But at least most time I earn credits. Just not a lot, especially if you shoot gold at tanks. And with Churchill 3 there are tanks that you need to shoot gold to pen at all. In that case 2.000credit profit is nothing. Also tier 5 is a terrible place to live since all the window lickers are there and arty almost always destroys me. :D

I was thinking since the Is6 got "buffed" I can take a swing at it. Or the Deffender. But I have to wait for the 2nd one to be on sale again. And I dont like the money they ask for it.

Churchy the third is a weird tank, usually tanks in this line have some usable armor. This isn't the case here, combine that with the pew pew gun and the low pen and you'll start to get bored real quick. I played '3' battles in this tank and it felt like a disaster so i stopped and i am happy about that decision. :)

IS-6s, defenders and all slow tanks really suffer in FL, they're just easy prey for arty, air strikes and sniping TDs. Think about this, a hull down 5/1 got better chances than a sluggish heavy with no gun depression and crappy gun, it's cheaper too. ;)

Verblonde #9 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I bought Churchill 3 as my first premium (and only one). The grind feels terrible in it. Its not a good tank. But at least most time I earn credits. Just not a lot, especially if you shoot gold at tanks. And with Churchill 3 there are tanks that you need to shoot gold to pen at all. In that case 

Churchill III used to be pretty decent, at least as a suitable-for-all introduction for heavies; it does seem to have been rather power-crept these days though.

I haven't tried my IS-6 since the buffs (probably ought to, really); my expectation would be that it'll be okay for FL, but there are plenty of better choices - you've identified the key one (if it gets sold again): I have 252U on NA, and it really is a monster... If Defender comes on sale again, buy it, if you dig Russian heavies; yes, a lot of people have it worked out now, but it's still an excellent credit earner.

Venom7000 #10 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

View PostVerblonde, on 26 March 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Rewards tend to be vaguely in proportion to how well you do in the tank (not surprisingly), so it's often a good idea to pick things that mesh well with your play style, and you can expect to do well with.

@XxKuzkina_MatxX's point about FL mode is very valid - it's an excellent way to bump up your earnings, but does lend itself to different vehicles, compared to standard randoms.

I would suggest that there are a number of (sometimes contradictory) things to consider when selecting a premium:

• Is it fun? If you're going to play something a lot for credits/xp, you want to avoid it being a chore - get things that are fun to play.
  • How well does it uptier, if you're going to play a lot of standard randoms?
  • How well does it spot? A good way to get 'bonus' rewards is via spotting damage; things like the US Mediums, and Patriot have excellent view-ranges which can generate useful rewards. I run my Vanilla Patriot with a medium build (Rammer, VStab, and Optics) for this reason, for example.
  • Is it fast(ish)? Decent mobility is very useful if you want to do well in FL.
  • Does it do lots of damage (ideally without excessive gold use)? Damage = rewards, of course.
  • Can it take a decent crew that you already have, or does it fill a training need? Good crews help in FL, plus being able to train existing crews is very helpful.
  • Does it come with a zero skill BIA crew? These crews can be really helpful, but are mainly lower tier (I've bought several 'spares' just for the crews). For FL, I bought a Caern AX, *and* a Bromwell, and converted the crew from the latter to the former.

As to specific recommendations:

• Patriot/Vanilla Patriot: technically a heavy, but acts more like a tubby medium. Works well in FL.
  • Progetto (I have one on NA): probably the best FL tank overall.
  • Oz Centurion/Caern AX: both great for FL, and not hopeless the rest of the time.
  • T-34-3: I actually really like this tank, although I suspect I may be in a minority. Decent mobility, okay armour, and good alpha - works well in FL, and gets pref MM the rest of the time.

Personally, I have too many premiums - across two servers - so picking just one for everything is difficult; I tend to have a few favourites, and tend to pick according to what I'm doing. I'm mainly logging in for FL at the moment, so the above might be where I would start.

I see where you are coming from mate. I totally agree with you. And yes the most credits are earned by being a good player in the match. Which is usually tied to if you are in a tank that suits your play-style.

Its true. I dont have any tanks in my garage currently that I can call "mobile" or fast enough to be useful in FL. However I am looking for a tank that is not just suitable for FL but mostly for Random Battles. 

TBH I haven't tried much the FL and I will start so the next time its available. Because yeah its a good place to be. I saw Circonflexes play it. And he uses fast lights and mediums.

wEight_Tanker #11 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9735 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
SU-100Y

Venom7000 #12 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 26 March 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

Churchy the third is a weird tank, usually tanks in this line have some usable armor. This isn't the case here, combine that with the pew pew gun and the low pen and you'll start to get bored real quick. I played '3' battles in this tank and it felt like a disaster so i stopped and i am happy about that decision. :)

IS-6s, defenders and all slow tanks really suffer in FL, they're just easy prey for arty, air strikes and sniping TDs. Think about this, a hull down 5/1 got better chances than a sluggish heavy with no gun depression and crappy gun, it's cheaper too. ;)

I dont plan to play much of FL or to buy a premium just on the merrits of whether its good for FL. But I get what you are saying. Big map terrible for slow stupid heavies xDDD
Also when you think about it. With the MM and gold at the state where they are. The heavy tanks have suffered the most. Their only argument "armor" is nullified with either bad MM or just pressing the 2 key. Otherwise they are slow and inaccurate boxes.

Most people do much better (be they Unicums or regular Joes) in mediums or premium mediums. I feel like HT is a dying role since most mediums are now suited for a hybrid role like you said a hull down 5/1.

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 26 March 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

SU-100Y

Heard a lot of things about it. Good TD trainer.
However I am looking for Heavy or at least medium premium. 

Edited by Venom7000, 26 March 2019 - 09:43 PM.

Verblonde #13 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I see where you are coming from mate. I totally agree with you. And yes the most credits are earned by being a good player in the match. Which is usually tied to if you are in a tank that suits your play-style.

Its true. I dont have any tanks in my garage currently that I can call "mobile" or fast enough to be useful in FL. However I am looking for a tank that is not just suitable for FL but mostly for Random Battles. 

TBH I haven't tried much the FL and I will start so the next time its available. Because yeah its a good place to be. I saw Circonflexes play it. And he uses fast lights and mediums.

Premiums for randoms can be a bit troublesome, because of the whole MM thing - has it got better lately? I read about upcoming improvements, but don't know if they worked - I haven't played randoms this year yet (I'm skipping between FL and Ships).

Nothing much tends to hold up against higher tiers, especially if they are being generous with the gold ammo, although Defender makes a tolerable fist of it. This is why I often go with things with excellent view range: you can switch to 'spotter' mode if you've inadvertently positioned yourself in front of the enemy's top tier AFVs; if they're also fast, you have a better chance of scooting off somewhere else too.

How good are you with Lights? Some of them are excellent premiums, if you can make the most of them (and, if you can't, they can still be fun - you just won't make as much silver/xp), and they uptier reasonably well - your armour is hopeless against any tier, so why worry etc.?

Definitely do give FL a go though - the same tier MM makes a refreshing change, plus the rewards are pretty good. Unless you're fearsomely good, you'll need two-three T8s in your garage, as there is a cool-down between respawns for the same tank...

Venom7000 #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

View PostVerblonde, on 26 March 2019 - 09:32 PM, said:

Churchill III used to be pretty decent, at least as a suitable-for-all introduction for heavies; it does seem to have been rather power-crept these days though.

I haven't tried my IS-6 since the buffs (probably ought to, really); my expectation would be that it'll be okay for FL, but there are plenty of better choices - you've identified the key one (if it gets sold again): I have 252U on NA, and it really is a monster... If Defender comes on sale again, buy it, if you dig Russian heavies; yes, a lot of people have it worked out now, but it's still an excellent credit earner.

Yeah Churchill 3 is cheap and I will keep it. However I need an actual credit earner that wont die after leffueueue french arty sees me. :D

Do you remember the price they usually set for Defender?

Edited by Venom7000, 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM.

The_Naa #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5199 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
112 because you will get help if you call there.

wsatnutter #16 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:48 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25988 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
KV1

Venom7000 #17 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4578 battles

View PostVerblonde, on 26 March 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Premiums for randoms can be a bit troublesome, because of the whole MM thing - has it got better lately? I read about upcoming improvements, but don't know if they worked - I haven't played randoms this year yet (I'm skipping between FL and Ships).

Nothing much tends to hold up against higher tiers, especially if they are being generous with the gold ammo, although Defender makes a tolerable fist of it. This is why I often go with things with excellent view range: you can switch to 'spotter' mode if you've inadvertently positioned yourself in front of the enemy's top tier AFVs; if they're also fast, you have a better chance of scooting off somewhere else too.

How good are you with Lights? Some of them are excellent premiums, if you can make the most of them (and, if you can't, they can still be fun - you just won't make as much silver/xp), and they uptier reasonably well - your armour is hopeless against any tier, so why worry etc.?

Definitely do give FL a go though - the same tier MM makes a refreshing change, plus the rewards are pretty good. Unless you're fearsomely good, you'll need two-three T8s in your garage, as there is a cool-down between respawns for the same tank...

Yeah I will try the FL when its up again for sure. Looks fun but the problem was during the first Frontline I was a sub 1000 battle noob. I had no idea what was this. :D

Lights, I am most likely the worst with them. IDK because I never played them except the initial low tier stages where every nation starts with light tank. LT432 any good? You say that light premiums are not good credit exp earners? I would play passive scout for the most part. 

Miepie #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

...My KV2 ( r ) does quite well, since it does not care a lot about the skills of the crew in it [1], nor does it care a lot about being top tier or bottom tier. It just goes "boom" in an inaccurate way, so if you can manage to get close enough to enemies and make sure you have some team mates as back-up during your long reloads, it generally makes a nice profit per match. :justwait:

[1] the reload time and accuracy (and big size and soft armour) are the main issues, just like the normal KV2

Homer_J #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

Crew training they are about as good because they have a bigger premium tank bonus to crew exp despite earning less.

For credits though a tier 8 which doesn't need much premium ammo is best.  Some of the tier 7 premiums are also a good alternative.

MeetriX #20 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21971 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Do you remember the price they usually set for Defender?

Left kidney & brain.

Also tagged with premium tanks, credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users