premium tanks credits

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #21 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5385 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

112 because you will get help if you call there.

Any experience with 112. Are you satisfied with yours?

View PostMiepie, on 26 March 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

...My KV2 ( r ) does quite well, since it does not care a lot about the skills of the crew in it [1], nor does it care a lot about being top tier or bottom tier. It just goes "boom" in an inaccurate way, so if you can manage to get close enough to enemies and make sure you have some team mates as back-up during your long reloads, it generally makes a nice profit per match. :justwait:

[1] the reload time and accuracy (and big size and soft armour) are the main issues, just like the normal KV2

I already main Kv2 regular. Buying Kv2 R would be silly for me. But i definitively see a strong argument for it in other cases (gives middle finger to MM and earns more than regular KV2). If I wasn't already in love with my regular Kv2 (which btw is a good credit earner) I would buy the R version. Good suggestion fellow mental patient from KV2 ward. :B

Homer_J #22 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31443 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

Do you remember the price they usually set for Defender?

Last time it was available on the EU server it was a random drop in loot boxes so anything from a fiver to your first born child.

I prefer the Lowe for credits though.

hasnainrakha57 #23 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16032 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
1)Lowe
2)t26e5p

XxKuzkina_MatxX #24 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

Also when you think about it. With the MM and gold at the state where they are. The heavy tanks have suffered the most. Their only argument "armor" is nullified with either bad MM or just pressing the 2 key. Otherwise they are slow and inaccurate boxes.

Most people do much better (be they Unicums or regular Joes) in mediums or premium mediums. I feel like HT is a dying role since most mediums are now suited for a hybrid role like you said a hull down 5/1.

That's also what happened IRL during the second half of the 60s. Heavy tanks, the last cuirassiers, fell out of favor to those midget tanks! :(

Quint_Gen #25 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17148 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Don't know about anything above tier 7 but I find the best earners are either tanks I would play anyway even if they weren't premiums because they are a bit OP. Good examples would be T34-85M and Thunderbolt (if you can get it) or the Type 64. SU-100Y has already been mentioned. The IS-2 seems good but I have only played it a few times. My best earner is the Panther M10. Unlike the others it isn't OP but it does have preferential matchmaking which helps.

I'm definitely a low skill player but even I can make decent credits with these tanks. A better player will do much better.

Edited by Quint_Gen, 26 March 2019 - 09:57 PM.

Venom7000 #26 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5385 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 26 March 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Crew training they are about as good because they have a bigger premium tank bonus to crew exp despite earning less.

For credits though a tier 8 which doesn't need much premium ammo is best.  Some of the tier 7 premiums are also a good alternative.

We are getting in to IS2 Berlin territory there. Which was one of my earliest thoughts when starting the game. :)

Verblonde #27 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2610 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

LT432 any good? You say that light premiums are not good credit exp earners? I would play passive scout for the most part. 

LT432 is excellent, if you know what to do with it (I don't!); my initial impression is that it's kind of a super fast medium, but you really want input from someone who knows what they're doing in one.

Lights can be excellent earners, but you need to know how to use them effectively; I'm a bit hit-and-miss in mine (most games are on NA), but tend to play most of them as active spotters/fighters - most of the maps don't have enough cover for passive spotting these days. My favourite premium light is probably the AMX 13-57, but you can't use it in FL.

Regarding Defender price: when I got mine (NA again) it was roughly on par with other T8 heavies; these days it seems to be bundled and/or used as bait for loot boxes, now everyone knows how good it is...

Edited by Verblonde, 26 March 2019 - 10:03 PM.

CyberRage #28 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT

Defender / Progetto / EBR 75 are the most easy premium credit earners in the game and also generally pretty overpowered.

Of the tech tree premiums that can be gotten with gold, probably the Lowe is the best credit maker and a solid heavy tank.

Superpershing is also decent, balanced tank with good turret and low running cost but a bit on the slow side for a medium.

T-34-85M is a great tank and also makes decent credits.

Of the regular tech tree tanks KV-2, M4 Derp, PzIV H Derp and O-I are actually surprisingly profitable. On average derps seem to make the most credits by the statistics.

Verblonde #29 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2610 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

We are getting in to IS2 Berlin territory there. Which was one of my earliest thoughts when starting the game. :)

I love that tank - have it on both accounts (comes with a zero skill BIA crew too). Well worth having, if you dig the play style.

Obsessive_Compulsive #30 Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Try it, type any tank and look for reviews. Most are from 2011 or from some jackass who plays WOT Blitz. :amazed:

been using youtube to get info on wot for PC for 7 years.    In depth reviews of premium tanks there, ALL OF THEM!      

10 second search

https://www.youtube....h?v=Xgd3OshxklM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5kNcmf9XAnA    

https://www.youtube....gE             

Edited by Obsessive_Compulsive, 26 March 2019 - 10:02 PM.

Homer_J #31 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31443 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Good choice, I had it on rental, should be on sale at the start of May.

And a good bit cheaper than a tier VIII

There is also the KV-122 which trades some DPM for slightly better gun handling and mobility (at least looking at the figures on tanks.gg).

The_Naa #32 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6690 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Any experience with 112. Are you satisfied with yours?

112 is a tier 8 version of the 113 IMO

112 is a solid heavy i liked it a much more than WZ-111 and WZ-111 M1-4.

dont remember if it had a pref MM or not but i think it had.

but like most tanks in this game it suffers greatly from the plague that is the LFP

and the below average AP pen is not a setback if you know where to shoot.

Venom7000 #33 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5385 battles

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 26 March 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

been using youtube to get info on wot for PC for 7 years.    In depth reviews of premium tanks there, ALL OF THEM!      

10 second search

https://www.youtube....h?v=Xgd3OshxklM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5kNcmf9XAnA    

https://www.youtube....gE             

I heard about the first one and the 2nd one seems nice. However I would rather eat my shoe than listen to QB. That guy would sell you a burning garbage can if WG told him to. He is not honest. 
The videos suggested are good however.
Maybe me and you misunderstood each other. When you are looking for a specific tank say Vk100 or Mauschen or Object 277 you cant find much on the Youtube. Because the reasons I already said (blitz channel, or reviews & opinions from 2012)
The videos that you suggested however do cover the topic that I asked for and thank you for that!
I was just hoping to get more opinions than just that of 1 person from YT. 
I trust you guys more than 1 person on YT.  :)

I will watch DezGames one after this for sure.

View PostCyberRage, on 26 March 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

Defender / Progetto / EBR 75 are the most easy premium credit earners in the game and also generally pretty overpowered.

Of the tech tree premiums that can be gotten with gold, probably the Lowe is the best credit maker and a solid heavy tank.

Superpershing is also decent, balanced tank with good turret and low running cost but a bit on the slow side for a medium.

T-34-85M is a great tank and also makes decent credits.

Of the regular tech tree tanks KV-2, M4 Derp, PzIV H Derp and O-I are actually surprisingly profitable. On average derps seem to make the most credits by the statistics.

Thats 3 times now for the Progetto. I did hear a lot of good things about Italian line in general. 
And yes, the derpies do earn most credits since they do consistent damage regardless of MM and HE is cheap. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #34 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

I heard about the first one and the 2nd one seems nice. However I would rather eat my shoe than listen to QB. That guy would sell you a burning garbage can if WG told him to. He is not honest. 
The videos suggested are good however.
Maybe me and you misunderstood each other. When you are looking for a specific tank say Vk100 or Mauschen or Object 277 you cant find much on the Youtube. Because the reasons I already said (blitz channel, or reviews & opinions from 2012)
The videos that you suggested however do cover the topic that I asked for and thank you for that!
I was just hoping to get more opinions than just that of 1 person from YT. 
I trust you guys more than 1 person on YT.  :)

I will watch DezGames one after this for sure.

if I want to know what a vehicle is like I do a few things.

I check the official stats on tanks.gg website. I watch 2 or 3 different youtubers reviewing the tank, I go to wotlabs website and listen the unicums discussing ( they really do know best and despite the reality that some tanks work for certain players and others do not picking apart the info is fairly easy.) and I check the vehicles section on this forum. the final step is to play it on the test server if that is possible and /or talk to freinds in game or platoon with freinds in game who own it.

the comments sections on youtube videos provide more answers regarding the tanks than you will get here. so each youtube video is 100+ opinions.

you carry on as you chose and GL.

cicis2016 #35 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 786 battles

View PostVerblonde, on 26 March 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Rewards tend to be vaguely in proportion to how well you do in the tank (not surprisingly), so it's often a good idea to pick things that mesh well with your play style, and you can expect to do well with.

@XxKuzkina_MatxX's point about FL mode is very valid - it's an excellent way to bump up your earnings, but does lend itself to different vehicles, compared to standard randoms.

I would suggest that there are a number of (sometimes contradictory) things to consider when selecting a premium:

• Is it fun? If you're going to play something a lot for credits/xp, you want to avoid it being a chore - get things that are fun to play.
  • How well does it uptier, if you're going to play a lot of standard randoms?
  • How well does it spot? A good way to get 'bonus' rewards is via spotting damage; things like the US Mediums, and Patriot have excellent view-ranges which can generate useful rewards. I run my Vanilla Patriot with a medium build (Rammer, VStab, and Optics) for this reason, for example.
  • Is it fast(ish)? Decent mobility is very useful if you want to do well in FL.
  • Does it do lots of damage (ideally without excessive gold use)? Damage = rewards, of course.
  • Can it take a decent crew that you already have, or does it fill a training need? Good crews help in FL, plus being able to train existing crews is very helpful.
  • Does it come with a zero skill BIA crew? These crews can be really helpful, but are mainly lower tier (I've bought several 'spares' just for the crews). For FL, I bought a Caern AX, *and* a Bromwell, and converted the crew from the latter to the former.

As to specific recommendations:

• Patriot/Vanilla Patriot: technically a heavy, but acts more like a tubby medium. Works well in FL.
  • Progetto (I have one on NA): probably the best FL tank overall.
  • Oz Centurion/Caern AX: both great for FL, and not hopeless the rest of the time.
  • T-34-3: I actually really like this tank, although I suspect I may be in a minority. Decent mobility, okay armour, and good alpha - works well in FL, and gets pref MM the rest of the time.

Personally, I have too many premiums - across two servers - so picking just one for everything is difficult; I tend to have a few favourites, and tend to pick according to what I'm doing. I'm mainly logging in for FL at the moment, so the above might be where I would start.

wow good job u realy live this game

Venom7000 #36 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5385 battles

Any opinions on STG?

and 
Chinese 59 Patton?

Edited by Venom7000, 26 March 2019 - 10:33 PM.

Miepie #37 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3317 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostVerblonde, on 26 March 2019 - 09:58 PM, said:

I love that tank - have it on both accounts (comes with a zero skill BIA crew too). Well worth having, if you dig the play style.

What *is* the playstyle of the IS2? I got it last summer (in part because of the BiA0-crew) and sucked horribly in it, but that was completely due to my own lack of skill and experience. After playing a lot more games, including in HTs, I recently tried it again a few times, because by then I had used my KV2 to train that crew to 3,8 skills [1], and I still sucked horribly in it. In part because I still have to come to grips with the accuracy and penetration of the 122 mm gun, but most importantly because I seem to consistently be in the wrong place at the wrong time in it. The mobility feels awesome for a heavy tank, but this leads me to often race ahead of the other HTs and be isolated [2]; the gun is nice against soft things, but it's not good for sniping so I want to be close to opponents, but my armour will let me down in face-to-face encounters against a lot of enemy HTs from the same tier or higher [3]... Should I just suppress my urge to be at the front and try to force myself to be more of an opportunistic second line heavy? Should I use the mobility to go back up the mediums and force a decision there instead? :child:

[1] I know, good crew and equipment do not make a tank great; but at least they are no longer a weak part in the equation and now everything is actually due to my personal skills and tactics.

[2] though I can't help myself trying to take a good position on e.g. El Halluf and delay the enemy until our slower HTs get there. Admittedly, this needs more thought, since I occasionally hold them back at places where our arty has no shots, instead of falling back a bit to a place where they can help.

[3] My sidescraping and angling skills are not optimised yet; it is a work in progress.

The_Naa #38 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6690 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Chinese 59 Patton?

59-Patton is one of my many favorite tanks in the game and IMO the best looking one.

21:41 Added after 2 minutes

if you want my opinion of the tank here is a topic of me defending the 59-Patton to my last breath :P

http://forum.worldof...n#entry16325677

Homer_J #39 Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31443 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Chinese 59 Patton?

Ugly as sin and a poor attempt to milk money out of people who were too late to buy a Type 59.

Venom7000 #40 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5385 battles

There are very few tanks available as I am writing this comment in the Premium shop that you guys suggested.
No UK mediums, no Lt432. Only Chinese medium is the Patton currently. 112 sounds nice but I feel like those pen values and accuracy for the most part will be the death of me.

Russia only offers t54 FP and STG.

Any opinions on T54FP and STG?

Edited by Venom7000, 26 March 2019 - 11:10 PM.

Also tagged with premium tanks, credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users