• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Miepie #41 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3317 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

There are very few tanks available as I am writing this comment in the Premium shop that you guys suggested.
No UK mediums, no Lt432. Only Chinese medium is the Patton currently. 112 sounds nice but I feel like those pen values and accuracy for the most part will be the death of me.

Russia only offers t54 FP and STG.

Any opinions on T54 and STG?

Tomorrow it's wednesday, though, so there'll be a new Tier 8 premium up for sale then. And on thursday a new tier 5-6 one... :teethhappy:

Verblonde #42 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2610 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View PostMiepie, on 26 March 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

What *is* the playstyle of the IS2?

It used to be, pretty much, classic heavy 'peek-a-boom' play; ideally suited to more built-up areas, due to the typical Russian combination of lousy view range, and pray-to-Stalin accuracy. Things have changed a bit with time, mainly due to the increasing prevalence of 'superheavy' tanks; you're now more of a 'heavium'.

I'm not a great player (I think the best I've ever managed was the giddy heights of 'average' on the NA server), but what I tend to do varies a bit with relative tiers, and specific opponents.

I still head for areas with lots of hard cover to lurk behind whilst reloading (arty safe too is a bonus). Try to stay vaguely with your allies; your armour is flaky by current standards, so try not to be the first thing that people spot. If you're against scarier opponents, try and flank them, if possible, or blow their tracks off with HE, so your harder mates can damage them (if desperate, you can sometimes get HE to blow up underneath an enemy tank, which can do a lot of damage). If you have an allied superheavy to hide behind, yay!

If MM has decided to spank you hard, until your botty is raw, you can sometimes play 'fat medium', but (as you say) your accuracy means you can't snipe. The ideal state of affairs is to be with allied mediums, at least one of which has good view range - they can find the enemies, and you close with them to make them regret their life choices. Keep an eye on what you're facing, and switch ammo accordingly. Don't get isolated, if possible - an enterprising Light/Medium will gladly circle a lone IS of any variety.

I have mine equipped with the usual build: Rammer, GLD, and Vents; I don't recall hearing of any other viable builds, but there might be one or two?

In essence, you have decent armour, but not excellent armour; you have a powerful gun, but it can't shoot straight; also, you're more mobile than most heavies. Let your harder mates tank for you; ignore people who don't know what an IS2 can/can't do and whine if you don't always tank. Charge the enemy if you're scarier than they are (but don't expose yourself needlessly between shots), but play second line and/or flanker, if you're not. After that, suggest asking better players for advice, as they'll be able to provide more advanced tips...

22:32 Added after 6 minutes

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Any opinions on STG?

and 
Chinese 59 Patton?

I rather like it, but it does play funny - rear turret and all that. I would suggest establishing if you dig that kind of thing via the equivalent silver tree before buying the premium.

I don't have the 59 Patton, mainly because I have several other premiums that do essentially the same thing. No idea how good (or otherwise) it really is; it seems to be a bit marmite, as far as players' opinions are concerned...
22:39 Added after 13 minutes

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

There are very few tanks available as I am writing this comment in the Premium shop that you guys suggested.
No UK mediums, no Lt432. Only Chinese medium is the Patton currently. 112 sounds nice but I feel like those pen values and accuracy for the most part will be the death of me.

Any opinions on T54FP and STG?

Unless a) you have a 30% off voucher and/or b) you absolutely *must* have a shiny new toy now, I would suggest waiting; WG seem to cycle through the interesting premiums over time - artificial scarcity, and all that!

There will almost certainly be a selection of blandishments to get us to part with our money just before the next FL thing opens, for example.

Re: T54FP: to me, it seems pretty much like a vanilla Russian medium; it's fine, but not remarkable. I find the STG more interesting (if an acquired taste), and the T-44-100 flat-out better - the latter is probably worth waiting for.

BTW all this stuff assumes full price; if there is ever a 30% off promo, a lot of the borderline T8 premiums become more viable propositions. e.g. FV4202, since it was variously buffed, isn't actually much worse than 5/1 is - I got good use out mine (NA again) in the original FL; it's just that other things are better, albeit slightly...

seXikanac #43 Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13265 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

I am looking for suggestions for a good credit earner. I mainly play Heavy tanks (but I wont be offended if you suggest a medium as well)

Could be from Russia, China or USA.

P.s -maybe a stupid question but. Are premium tier 8 tanks better than premium tier 5-6 tanks when it comes to crew training (in terms of speed)? For example is Churchill 3 better or worse than IS6 for speed crew training. Because Churchill 3 feels like ages to level up a crew.

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

If you are buying premium tank only for credits/silver, I would suggest Lowe or Strv S1 from those that are always available. If you can wait, go for Defender, Skorpion G or Centurion 5/1 as well. But you can't go wrong with Lowe as that's one of most versatile tanks in the game right now

Venom7000 #44 Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5320 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 27 March 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

If you are buying premium tank only for credits/silver, I would suggest Lowe or Strv S1 from those that are always available. If you can wait, go for Defender, Skorpion G or Centurion 5/1 as well. But you can't go wrong with Lowe as that's one of most versatile tanks in the game right now

Noted commrade. Defender is definitivly on my next list. Right now probably going to catch a good quick/accurate medium for FL. :)

Homer_J #45 Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31427 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yes, they are overpriced.  Hmmm actually the T-54 with a month of premium isn't bad.

Wait a month and get IS-2 or get KV-122 now.  Or T-34-85M if you want a medium crew trainer (apart from it needing a loader radioman).

Edited by Homer_J, 27 March 2019 - 01:40 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #46 Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostHomer_J, on 27 March 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Or T-34-85M if you want a medium crew trainer (apart from it needing a loader).

All of them need a loader, you must mean a radioman!

VarzA #47 Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25072 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

LT-432 is basically t8.5 light in the russian style, which are usually 1 tier lower meds. Like, for instance, T-54 light at t9 is both t9 light and t8 medium, which can be very powerfull vs other lights.
LT-432 if you know how to play it, is obscenely OP.

T-54 FP is basically heavy-medium if top tier, if bottom tier you are support medium.

STG is basically support medium, pure support .... personally i think the Revalorise does the job better because of shell velocity.and gun handling, also gun depression is much better, not to mention the tank being much much cheaper.

If you are looking in the 10k gold or more bracket, get the wz-120-1g ft or Progetto 46 ... both are good.

Emerald_322 #48 Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13344 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

For me lorraine is the king of credit makers, ''burst'' damage, good standard pen which means less gold shells required and decent mobility, the con is that it has a high skill cap in order to work.

other than that any t7-8 premium light tank can make tons of credits 

Maauru #49 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21284 battles

If you can accept it's specific playstile (siege mode and camping) STRV S1 is good credit maker.

It have great standard penetration so you have no need to fire premium ammo and also it doesn't suffer from MM like other T8 premiums.

Even in T10 games it have gun that can penetrate T10 tanks without problems because it have standard penetration better than any T10 medium or heavy (even better than some T10 TDs) and as it is anyway comping in bushes doesn't much matter if oponent is T8 or T10 (except T10 have better view range so you need to be more carefull about not being spotted).

It is not as good as some fast tanks for FL but even there there is lot of positions from where you can farm oponents.

SuperOlsson #50 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22884 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Lorraine 40t, Skorpion and progetto 46 are my best moneymakers. Avoid single-shot 240-alpha meds generally, you will have to work your bum off for a good game as bottom tier, which is most of the times.

Verblonde #51 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2610 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

According to this: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sneak-peek-april-2019/ there are going to be cheapnesses on premiums in the middle of April ("massive discounts on vehicles", whatever 'massive' actually ends up meaning!).

If one has an interest in any of the 'standard' premium vehicles, at least, this might be worth a look...

RenamedUser_50080245721 #52 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

Skorp G might be the best credits printer atm for mediocre players. Spam gold ammo and still print creds. High alpha, high pen, insane accuracy, good mobility. Can snipe, brawl, scout, everything. Just don't try to get oneshot by arty/derps.

Lorraine 40T might be the best if you are a complete noob since you can yolo into enemy team at start of battle, fire 3-4x and die and still make profits in < 1min. Also great for cheesing events where you heave to be top10 of the team x times.

I think (not sure) that scouts are the best pro credit printers. They are so cheap and so easy to get spot damage and the mobility is so important now for any tank but skill requirement...

wEight_Tanker #53 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9918 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Heard a lot of things about it. Good TD trainer.

However I am looking for Heavy or at least medium premium. 

I heard Skoda T40 being a very good credit maker, if not the best premium credit maker out there.

Bordhaw #54 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13839 battles

View Postcicis2016, on 26 March 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

defender or another premium tanks

Defender is that even a thing anymore. Lost count of the number of "we demand" the Defender forum posts. Now..... none.

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 27 March 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Skorp G might be the best credits printer atm for mediocre players. Spam gold ammo and still print creds. High alpha, high pen, insane accuracy, good mobility. Can snipe, brawl, scout, everything. Just don't try to get oneshot by arty/derps.

Lorraine 40T might be the best if you are a complete noob since you can yolo into enemy team at start of battle, fire 3-4x and die and still make profits in < 1min. Also great for cheesing events where you heave to be top10 of the team x times.

I think (not sure) that scouts are the best pro credit printers. They are so cheap and so easy to get spot damage and the mobility is so important now for any tank but skill requirement...

I guess it depends on how much you can avoid squirting out the premium ammo.

SuedKAT #55 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Reasonable alpha/burst and decent pen is pretty much the requirements for a decent credit maker, then you need to pair that with a play style you feel comfortable with and you will have the ultimate credit maker for yourself. For me the Lorraine 40t, Skorpion G and the SU-130PM are the best credit farmers, all 3 don't really care about MM and can do reasonable ok even on a bad map in a bad match-up to grant me a reasonable income. Same goes for most of the tier 5 MT's with a derp like the Pz IV H and M4 Sherman but compared to a tier 8 premium tank you'll need 4-6 battles to match the income of 1 battle with a tier 8 premium tank.

Venom7000 #56 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5320 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 27 March 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Defender is that even a thing anymore. Lost count of the number of "we demand" the Defender forum posts. Now..... none.

I guess it depends on how much you can avoid squirting out the premium ammo.

I tried the Scoripon G its a nice TD I personally never used gold in it. When facing a target that I cannot reasonably expect to pen I load HE and track him for the stronger guns. Scorp G is a good choice I will give you that.

Question:

Historically, how often does T44-100 show up in stores and would that be a good choice if one day it shows up? (maybe starting April)
(Otherwise, I am narrowing it down to T54 1mod or 34-3 so far. However t54 mod 1 is winning me over due to speed and more accurate faster firing gun.)

21:37 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSuedKAT, on 27 March 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Reasonable alpha/burst and decent pen is pretty much the requirements for a decent credit maker, then you need to pair that with a play style you feel comfortable with and you will have the ultimate credit maker for yourself. For me the Lorraine 40t, Skorpion G and the SU-130PM are the best credit farmers, all 3 don't really care about MM and can do reasonable ok even on a bad map in a bad match-up to grant me a reasonable income. Same goes for most of the tier 5 MT's with a derp like the Pz IV H and M4 Sherman but compared to a tier 8 premium tank you'll need 4-6 battles to match the income of 1 battle with a tier 8 premium tank.

I was thinking about SU130M its just that I have only recently started using TDs and I am not sure how well I can utilize it.
Even if I wanted to the store as of today is very short on any premiums to purchase. Most are tier 2-3 tanks. Su130 idk when was the last time I saw it in the shop. :)

Edited by Venom7000, 27 March 2019 - 10:39 PM.

DeadLecter #57 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30298 battles
I have used Skorp G, Lorr 40t, Progetto 46, and Su130 PM. Currectly I only have M4A1 rev, Caernarvon AX, Progetto 46, Su130 pm and EBR 75. I mainly use Progetto and Su and I can farm 1.5 million with a 2 hour booster and premium account in random battles. In FL I can farm 2 million with similar set up. So that is my suggestion. Progetto and Su + Skorp G and Lorr 40t. I had Skorp and Lorr as rental and they were both awesome. I don't like HTs or LTs that much so my preferences and yours might not be the same. Keep that in mind.

Miepie #58 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3317 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostVenom7000, on 27 March 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

I tried the Scoripon G its a nice TD I personally never used gold in it. When facing a target that I cannot reasonably expect to pen I load HE and track him for the stronger guns. Scorp G is a good choice I will give you that.

Question:

Historically, how often does T44-100 show up in stores and would that be a good choice if one day it shows up? (maybe starting April)
(Otherwise, I am narrowing it down to T54 1mod or 34-3 so far. However t54 mod 1 is winning me over due to speed and more accurate faster firing gun.)

21:37 Added after 2 minutes

I was thinking about SU130M its just that I have only recently started using TDs and I am not sure how well I can utilize it.
Even if I wanted to the store as of today is very short on any premiums to purchase. Most are tier 2-3 tanks. Su130 idk when was the last time I saw it in the shop. :)

The T44-100 is a very, very, VERY comfortable vehicle (don't look at my personal stats in random battles, they are what they are because of my limitations, not because of the vehicle) and together with the LT432 my preferred vehicle for Frontline. Mobility is nice but won't win awards for being best, gun handling is nice but won't win awards for being best, armour is nice but won't win awards for being best; but if you add it all up together it is bloody nice. Because most vehicles that excel in something trade it off in other areas. People will say the Progetto outperforms the T44-100 in dpm/burst damage, and they are right, but the t44-100 compensates that with mobility and occasionally bouncing shots. For an almost-mediocre player like me, it is a very good fit. Better players might prefer the Progetto, but with my skills, the T44-100 is a very good fit. :coin:

Tha_Truth #59 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 71486 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostMeetriX, on 26 March 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Left kidney & brain.

lol
23:45 Added after 2 minutes

well, they advertise for almost every premium vehicle regularly. in 3 months, almost every premium tank is advertised for some time, except some.

Edited by Tha_Truth, 28 March 2019 - 12:45 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #60 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:49 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 27 March 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I trust your meth is blue?

Also tagged with premium tanks, credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users