Jump to content


Solo Win rate. Across a wide range of tiers and classes.


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Obsessive_Compulsive #1 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

I currently sit at just over 61% WR, a long with marking tanks I see my win rate as the only other stat I actually would like to see go up. the issue is it fluctuates and I find it just does not go up.

I have some tanks that are higher, some that are lower and I do not wish to pad my stats I simply want to win more games no matter what tank i chose to play. In essence I want to get better at winning.

 

I could platoon, I could use some OP tanks but thats defeating the point. With my battle count ( bare in mind I had a seperate closed beta account so approx 45k battles total) How can i start to unlearn the mistakes I have made and where do i go from here?

 

has anyone got a much higher solo win rate across a wide range of tanks? if so are they just spamming more gold or am I lacking some essential skills.? maybe sobriety?

 

 

Opinions,advice and also what do you think is the highest solo win rate achievable without cherry picking tanks and classes. thanks.

 


Edited by Obsessive_Compulsive, 27 March 2019 - 02:20 PM.


divsmo #2 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35039 battles
  • 387
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Whats your point exactly? How much higher are you wanting it to go?

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 23426 battles
  • 10,744
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

That's a really impressive WR for playing solo. I don't think many can do that, I know I can't. I'd say I've hit my skill ceiling and perhaps you have too.

There's only so much you can do yourself in 15 Vs 15 game. Be happy with your performance.



UserZer00 #4 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11925 battles
  • 768
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View Postdivsmo, on 27 March 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Whats your point exactly? How much higher are you wanting it to go?

I had 100% WR at one point 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Then I played my 2nd battle)



Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postdivsmo, on 27 March 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Whats your point exactly? How much higher are you wanting it to go?

 

I want to excel and wish to discover the means to do so and also perhaps just to open a discussion here about what key factors influence win rate ( aside from the tank you play because we are all aware of what tanks are less able to carry reliably or at least should be)

 

It is not a case of how high it is a case of aiming for the stratosphere. I am a firm believer that evo9lution has not gifted anyone with the ability to game well it is simply hard work and dedication with a little genetic propensity thrown in for good measure. I feel I can do better, I need a little help realising how to achieve that.

13:32 Added after 2 minutes

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 27 March 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

That's a really impressive WR for playing solo. I don't think many can do that, I know I can't. I'd say I've hit my skill ceiling and perhaps you have too.

There's only so much you can do yourself in 15 Vs 15 game. Be happy with your performance.

 

Very kind of you. :honoring:

jabster #6 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • 25,218
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 March 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

I want to excel and wish to discover the means to do so and also perhaps just to open a discussion here about what key factors influence win rate ( aside from the tank you play because we are all aware of what tanks are less able to carry reliably or at least should be)

 

It is not a case of how high it is a case of aiming for the stratosphere. I am a firm believer that evo9lution has not gifted anyone with the ability to game well it is simply hard work and dedication with a little genetic propensity thrown in for good measure. I feel I can do better, I need a little help realising how to achieve that.

13:32 Added after 2 minutes

 

Very kind of you. :honoring:

 

One would suggest you upload some replays and then get others to comment on them.

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postjabster, on 27 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

One would suggest you upload some replays and then get others to comment on them.

 

That is a good idea. I will do so. if anyone is willing to take the time to put a critical eye over them.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,760
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

You are a good player in general, but you also have lots of overperforming/OP or just good tanks among your most played tanks. If you are just interested in getting a higher WR number, play more of those and skip the ones that would drag you down. Otherwise... yeah. More info needed.

 

I did the exact opposite - I found two tanks that are rather bad but incredibly fun to play and so I decided to not give a single hoot about stats anymore. Not that I did before, but seeing them rise was always a happy feeling.



Emerald_322 #9 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12098 battles
  • 1,004
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

Things that affect WR

 

-RNG ( can't do anything)

-Team ( can't do anything) 

-Map knowledge ( learn each ''perk'' of every map ie if x happens to x line then i move to x spot and defend from there) 

-Minimap awareness ( you can predict if a flank is about to fall and escape or reinforce it accordingly) 

-crew-consumables ( something that a lot of people totally ignore, a skilled crew especially with max view range, spotting enemy tanks means more damage assisted + you can see the enemies movements and act accordingly, i run food on all my tanks cause usually my profits per game can cover the costs)

-Platoons ( you dont want it) 

 

Tips:  Don't be a Hero, share your HP when it's needed,don't camp, try to coordinate with your team


Edited by RenamedUser_503555599, 27 March 2019 - 03:01 PM.


Obsessive_Compulsive #10 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostJigabachi, on 27 March 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

You are a good player in general, but you also have lots of overperforming/OP or just good tanks among your most played tanks. If you are just interested in getting a higher WR number, play more of those and skip the ones that would drag you down. Otherwise... yeah. More info needed.

 

I did the exact opposite - I found two tanks that are rather bad but incredibly fun to play and so I decided to not give a single hoot about stats anymore. Not that I did before, but seeing them rise was always a happy feeling.

Thats exactly what i want to avoid. I want to get the tanks I dont do well in to go up as longas they are fun to play.

View PostRenamedUser_503555599, on 27 March 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Things that affect WR

 

-RNG ( can't do anything)

-Team ( can't do anything) 

-Map knowledge ( learn each ''perk'' of every map ie if x happens to x line then i move to x spot and defend from there) 

-Minimap awareness ( you can predict if a flank is about to fall and escape or reinforce it accordingly) 

-crew-consumables ( something that a lot of people totally ignore, a skilled crew especially with max view range, spotting enemy tanks means more damage assisted + you can see the enemies movements and act accordingly, i run food on all my tanks cause usually my profits per game can cover the costs)

-Platoons ( you dont want it) 

 

Tips:  Don't be a Hero, share your HP when it's needed,don't camp, try to coordinate with your team

you have just hilighted something I no longer do anymore and that is to know the maps inside out. I used to go into TR every time a map was updated or added and spend hours just finding good places, not done that in a long time and there are still some maps I just seem to fail miserably on. I shall look into that very deeply indeed. thank you.



Jumping_Turtle #11 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 65425 battles
  • 6,171
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 March 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

 

Opinions,advice and also what do you think is the highest solo win rate achievable without cherry picking tanks and classes. thanks.

 

 

Perhaps you are at the highest achievable percentage when playing solo and not cherry picking tanks. After all there are 14 people every battle you can not control and sometimes will lose battles for you.

60+% is pretty impressive but if it get any higher or much higher I doubt. No matter how good you are there will always be other players making you lose.



Jauhesammutin #12 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23031 battles
  • 372
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 March 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I currently sit at just over 61% WR, a long with marking tanks I see my win rate as the only other stat I actually would like to see go up. the issue is it fluctuates and I find it just does not go up.

I have some tanks that are higher, some that are lower and I do not wish to pad my stats I simply want to win more games no matter what tank i chose to play. In essence I want to get better at winning.

 

I could platoon, I could use some OP tanks but thats defeating the point. With my battle count ( bare in mind I had a seperate closed beta account so approx 45k battles total) How can i start to unlearn the mistakes I have made and where do i go from here?

 

has anyone got a much higher solo win rate across a wide range of tanks? if so are they just spamming more gold or am I lacking some essential skills.? maybe sobriety?

 

 

Opinions,advice and also what do you think is the highest solo win rate achievable without cherry picking tanks and classes. thanks.

 

 

Play the tanks you enjoy and do good in. I think it's easier to get a high winrate in T9-10 rather than T8 just because you are going to see more lower tier tanks when playing T9/10.

 

People say that Chinese lights are bad. I like them and had a good run with them. (99% of the games were solo).

Chinese Lights

 

Recently I've been playing tanks only to 3-mark them. I play solo because I want to focus. I play the same tank almost exclusively to get a good grip with it. If I swap tank types and tiers at random I'm not going to do as well as when I stick to 1 tank. If I have around 100 battles that means 99% of them are solo. Whenever I platoon, I platoon with my real friends and they aren't as good as I am. I mostly use the same tanks (tanks with +150 battles).

My T9/10

 

Getting over 60% is really good. You have almost 30k games so it's going to take a long time to see any effects in it. How many players can pull off a 70% winrate? You would need to play like 25k games at 70% winrate to raise your own winrate to 65%. It's slow.


Edited by Jauhesammutin, 27 March 2019 - 03:43 PM.


divsmo #13 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35039 battles
  • 387
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 March 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

I want to excel and wish to discover the means to do so and also perhaps just to open a discussion here about what key factors influence win rate ( aside from the tank you play because we are all aware of what tanks are less able to carry reliably or at least should be)

 

It is not a case of how high it is a case of aiming for the stratosphere. I am a firm believer that evo9lution has not gifted anyone with the ability to game well it is simply hard work and dedication with a little genetic propensity thrown in for good measure. I feel I can do better, I need a little help realising how to achieve that.

13:32 Added after 2 minutes

 

Very kind of you. :honoring:

When i commented first it was only showing the first sentance :P but yeah when your rocking a 61% WR already i don't know how much more you can boost that. I don't know if it's just me loosing interest in the game a bit but i find it harder and harder to carry games recently.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users