Discrimination from WG in my opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

_DeadWolf #1 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

Old PC player here (stuck on console until a replacement PC can be bought). While sifting through the WoT Noobs facebook page, I found out that players on WoT blitz get gold for selling their premium collector tanks... seriously? 

After playing console for a few months I saw that they're doing occasional tank trade-in offers, fairly good offers, a selection of tanks get cycled each time the offer comes around, you get a big discount on the gold required to buy a premium. I had the 50tp Pr heavy tank, got bored of it so traded it for a special edition Dragon Type 62 to collect more chinese premiums. Only paid 1000ish gold in the end for the Dragon and also got over million credits in return too.

So my question is, why de fack do kids on android and tablets, on Blitz, and console get these great deals to save some cash or even gain gold without spending a single penny. While the PC players have to fork out huge amounts of money for anything released on PC, AND no offers that are even close to the level of generosity that players receive on console and Blitz?

I understand that the PC market has been around longer than Blitz or console and WG want to entice new players to the game on other platforms, but the fact that WG think that PC players are statistically more wealthy than players on other platforms is just a load Bull...

I know lots of PC players who don't have wallets stuffed with money, they and myself feel like we get the short straw simply because we prefer a particular gaming platform.

I've not been keeping up to date as much as I used to, I've heard discount tickets for premium tanks are now being given on PC, and iirc there was 1 tank trade-in offer while I was still on PC but then there was nothing for months, still don't know if tank trade-ins have been brought back on PC since then. 

A few years ago I knew WG was treating it's PC player base, especially Europe, as it's cash cow but the feeling has been amplified since learning of all these generous offers being given to players on Blitz and console.

I am getting more titled while player console, seeing how WG as a whole are treating their customers.

I will just quickly touch on the Chieftain mk6 uproar as well, it was my first tier 10 on console, less than 500 battles played on the British heavies line to get the Chieftain. Free xp to Churchill VII then grind with boosters... since playing the Chieftain in its current state, I cannot fathom why WG are still holding off from introducing a tank that probably 80% of the community has been fighting for. It's not stupidly OP, it has some serious drawbacks and the turret is nowhere near as strong as previously stated by others. The L11A1 gun is the Chieftains crown jewel, and that's it, every other aspect of the tank is fairly well balanced compared to its peers. Again this is just another sign of 'favouritism' from WG giving the other less developed platforms very enticing content, meanwhile the PC community get shafted simply because we are SUPPOSEDLY more wealthy than the players on other platforms....

GRRR I'm seething here >_<

Captain_Kremen0 #2 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38257 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Well Blitz is all a bit......crap really I just don't get the hang of it.

Verblonde #3 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

Bear in mind that the collectors tanks in Blitz are not the same as premiums in PC - they are liable to be messed with (i.e. nerfed) at WG's discretion/whim. A number of premium tanks were changed from premium status to collectors status a few months ago.

The selling for gold thing is a way for WG to diffuse *some* of the anger over this - basically, they've set the precedent that none of your Blitz premiums are safe, although (so far) it's only been lower tier premiums that were impacted i.e. changed from premium to collectors status.

At the moment, higher tier Blitz premiums are still premiums as we know them in PC, and you can't sell them for gold. That said, why would anyone spend real money on Blitz now that WG have set the precedent that premiums may not stay the same as (or get better than) what you paid for?

Jigabachi #4 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

First of all: Please google what "discrimination" means.

Those are different games, and I think different tanks, too. The main thing for WG still is WoT PC. That's still their money-printing machine. The other games need to keep their customers happy. And mobile gaming is crap anyway.

Why should they offer anything like that here, when people still buy every crap they offer and even when the game is in a poor state like now? Just take yourself: You own 20+ hightier premium tanks. You seem to be as happy as you can be.

jack_timber #5 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36781 battles

Me thinks you are comparing apples with pears....

Different games(s)

kisli #6 Posted 27 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36278 battles
  • [HOOP] HOOP

Technically it is discrimination (1. Discernment, the act of discriminating, discerning, distinguishing, noting or perceiving differences between things, with intent to understand rightly and make correct decisions.). i'm sorry.

Just not the bad (illegal, if you're lucky) kind of discrimination.

The most obvious difference is the size of playerbase.

Solution:

Spoiler

Edited by kisli, 27 March 2019 - 04:06 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

What you need to understand first is that tho those 3 games are all under the WG banner. It's run by 3 different companies, in 3 different ways, with 3 different goals. The main WG office that runs PC doesn't interfere too much with the other two. They get to do what they think is best, work with who they think is best. It's why console gets all that Dark Horse comic stuff.

The other 2 studios like the Chinese server has access to their dev server. And can take anything, and do anything with it. It's why console sells tanks that are still on super test here. It's why the Chieftain is in their tech trees. They added it when WG PC was still testing it. And console has balanced it what? 10 times since then to make it work? They run their own boat, on what works for their customers indubitably. It's nothing more than that. 

_DeadWolf #8 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

View PostJigabachi, on 27 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

First of all: Please google what "discrimination" means.

Please refrain from projecting your lack of understanding of a words meaning onto others, thank you :)

Back to the post... I know the different platforms are run by different departments under the WG flag though my main argument is the fact that PC players (which is where I prefer to be) get worse offers than other platforms when the platforms are so similar irrespective of the little details on each version.

I hate that many businesses, whatever service they provide be it public service, gaming, media, etc. Their main focus is profit profit profit, and their justification is "if we have more money we can give you a better service"... well if you state that then youre technically admitting that you already provide a poor service so you want ppls money to make it better? Very negative impression to those who know to look past the surface and read through the distractive BS

Verblonde #9 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

View Post_DeadWolf, on 27 March 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

my main argument is the fact that PC players (which is where I prefer to be) get worse offers than other platforms when the platforms are so similar irrespective of the little details on each version.

We don't. For example, try using your WOT Blitz premium time on WOWS Blitz; consider that premiums generally cost a similar amount on PC and Blitz, whilst the latter is clearly the poorer version of the game, and so on.

That's not to say that PC is actively good value, but rather that Blitz is (IMO) rather worse.

Edited by Verblonde, 27 March 2019 - 06:55 PM.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_DeadWolf, on 27 March 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Back to the post... I know the different platforms are run by different departments under the WG flag though my main argument is the fact that PC players (which is where I prefer to be) get worse offers than other platforms when the platforms are so similar irrespective of the little details on each version.

It's still completely different games - on different systems, run by different developers, catering different playerbases and following different business strategies.

You are basically yelling "Discrimination! Holy discrimination!" at your local Father Hobbins because the devout believers in the other church (other rural district, too) get a sip of wine everytime they come together while you don't.

Block Quote

I hate that many businesses, whatever service they provide be it public service, gaming, media, etc. Their main focus is profit profit profit, and their justification is "if we have more money we can give you a better service"... well if you state that then youre technically admitting that you already provide a poor service so you want ppls money to make it better? Very negative impression to those who know to look past the surface and read through the distractive BS

That's true. However, you seem to have fallen for it this time.

Asklepi0s #11 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

• 9566 battles
Wait what ? Oh blitz ! 
Thread is closed due to wrong forum.
Please do share your opinion in
Blitz forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users