Lehväslaiho has passed away

panzer ace Lehväslaiho medal achievement R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #21 Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31751 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostFedeita89, on 27 March 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

I don't want to sound unrespectful but I thought he was a WoT player and when I read he passed at 96 I had an small laugh.

Sorry.

this is exactly why history is an important subject.

Bordhaw #22 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13839 battles

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 27 March 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hi.

I have bad news. Beloved and respected finnish veteran and a panzer ace Raino Lehvälaiho has passed away at respectable age of 96 years old. WoT has a medal named after him, so I was wondering if you could make somekind of memorial deal or give away for memorial medal/ achievement for him? That would be very kind of you if you could.

Thank you.

Wow surely he must have been the oldest WoT player! 

Fedeita89 #23 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9820 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

history is such a wide subject that you will never know everything about it.

xx_Candlejack_xx #24 Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • [PR213] PR213

View PostFedeita89, on 27 March 2019 - 09:40 PM, said:

True, but starting from the two biggest conflict over one cantury is a good start. WW1 and WW2 are good subjects to start, bacase there is so much still recorded documents available, that are ferified to be true. In a few tens of years there will be no more WW2 veterans and all that hidden knowledge, that they haven't told us yet is lost. Most of the books are writen from the memoirs of the commanding officers. You don't see many books writen by a grunt. My grandpa diet about 2 years ago at age of 96. As I have grown oldered I wanted to ask him about the wars and battles were he was (winter war, continuous war and lapland war), but he died before I had the gourage. He never talked about it even before I was borned. I will have his war diary's someday though. I regret that I didn't inteview him before his death. Respect to all veterans all around the world.

Vikingmakt #25 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10524 battles
  • [IAAN] IAAN

View PostJigabachi, on 27 March 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

Getting free stuff because someone died is a bit questionable, but maybe a little news article with a bit of history or something like that...

What you wrote is a bit questionable... You did not even ask what he meant. I do not think it was about getting "free stuff" as you called it, but more about to honor the memory of him. I understand it in the way that you can unlock maybe some emblem that you can put on your tank. Ofc I know that there is a medal already but this guy is just asking if maybe WG can do something more to honor the memory of this great tanker.
As you can see there is a lot of ways for interpretation so maybe it nice next time to ask what he meant instead of accusing him of what you think it was...
I do agree in one thing if this is the intention it is a very inappropriate one.
But we do not know what he meant and I think it is only fair to ask first instead of accusing immediately...
Sorry for my reaction but I just do not think it is ok. How he suppose to answer to what you wrote anyway? It was just not ok in my opinion

Jigabachi #26 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 March 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

But that subject won't cover war heroes. Those people deserve some respect and recognition, but there are way more important things to teach kids at school.

xx_Candlejack_xx #27 Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • [PR213] PR213

View PostVikingmakt, on 27 March 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

What you wrote is a bit questionable... You did not even ask what he meant. I do not think it was about getting "free stuff" as you called it, but more about to honor the memory of him. I understand it in the way that you can unlock maybe some emblem that you can put on your tank. Ofc I know that there is a medal already but this guy is just asking if maybe WG can do something more to honor the memory of this great tanker.
As you can see there is a lot of ways for interpretation so maybe it nice next time to ask what he meant instead of accusing him of what you think it was...
I do agree in one thing if this is the intention it is a very inappropriate one.
But we do not know what he meant and I think it is only fair to ask first instead of accusing immediately...
Sorry for my reaction but I just do not think it is ok. How he suppose to answer to what you wrote anyway? It was just not ok in my opinion

Thank you.

Vikingmakt #28 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10524 battles
  • [IAAN] IAAN

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 27 March 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

Thank you.

You are more than welcome! :)

xx_Candlejack_xx #29 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • [PR213] PR213

View PostJigabachi, on 27 March 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

But that subject won't cover war heroes. Those people deserve some respect and recognition, but there are way more important things to teach kids at school.

Math, chemistry, fysics, woodworks, metalworks, language(s)(I had to do obligatory 6 years of english and swedish. I still don't speak swedish...), cooking, gymnastics, history, + all the other studies when I was in school AND... religious studies. No... I didn't go school back in 1800's. Back in Finland the religious studies was a part of a normal studying program till the millenium... i think... I was already doing my conscript time (+3 months in QRF training) in the army... Anyway... The point is, that if you know your history, then you likely wanna respect it too and if you become later in your life some powerfull person or a politician, then you know what NOT to do by default. Yes times change, peoples change, but everyone who has read some history can see the marks of the falling goverment before they themself can. Why? Just because history has this bad habit to repeat itself.

Edited by xx_Candlejack_xx, 27 March 2019 - 11:21 PM.

lnfernaI #30 Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31751 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostJigabachi, on 27 March 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

The only thing schools do is teach you how to be a useful slave to the system.

You learn these things at a higher level,with greater perception. That way,you analyze countless history books and entire archives of unique documents,which go on for kilometers. I'm not joking,it's physically impossible to digitalize all of mankind's recorded history.

Just like Socrates once said: "I know,that I know nothing."

View PostFedeita89, on 27 March 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

You do not need to know everything, but having a simple grasp of your own origins is required, so that you understand the past and how you came to be.

You can never know too much. And if you assume that you know everything,you are a fool. Plain and simple.

Edited by lnfernaI, 28 March 2019 - 12:02 AM.

yaourti #31 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 27 March 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hi.

I have bad news. Beloved and respected finnish veteran and a panzer ace Raino Lehvälaiho has passed away at respectable age of 96 years old. WoT has a medal named after him, so I was wondering if you could make somekind of memorial deal or give away for memorial medal/ achievement for him? That would be very kind of you if you could.

Thank you.

Given that we already have a Levahslaiho's medal what more do you want? A special cheap deal? Sorry but it sounds like you want to get something- maybe I misunderstood?

Rest in peace old warrior we don't need to get anything.

xx_Candlejack_xx #32 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • [PR213] PR213

View Postyaourti, on 28 March 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Given that we already have a Levahslaiho's medal what more do you want? A special cheap deal? Sorry but it sounds like you want to get something- maybe I misunderstood?

Rest in peace old warrior we don't need to get anything.

It's not the free stuff I want. Just something we all players we can have as equal. Memorial medal, that everyone can have when you sign in. Memorial medals for the passed panzer veteran could be a thing... and they should be not earned, they should be given by WG automaticly. There can't be many more alive if any... This would be a great act of kindness.

ShampoTanker #33 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10708 battles
  • [RAME] RAME
RIP Raino

wolfsrain #34 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 58921 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
RIP and here is to hope that someone will actually add to the english wiki a page dedicated to the man. The only wiki page about him is the finnish one. Gotta love how wiki has stuff about crappy things and not about the things that actually matter.

_Hakkapeliitta_ #35 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47778 battles
  • [GENTA] GENTA
:honoring: have a good jorney to the kingdom of heaven:honoring:

SiliconSidewinder #36 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28684 battles

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 27 March 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

True, but starting from the two biggest conflict over one cantury is a good start. WW1 and WW2 are good subjects to start, bacase there is so much still recorded documents available, that are ferified to be true. In a few tens of years there will be no more WW2 veterans and all that hidden knowledge, that they haven't told us yet is lost. Most of the books are writen from the memoirs of the commanding officers. You don't see many books writen by a grunt. My grandpa diet about 2 years ago at age of 96. As I have grown oldered I wanted to ask him about the wars and battles were he was (winter war, continuous war and lapland war), but he died before I had the gourage. He never talked about it even before I was borned. I will have his war diary's someday though. I regret that I didn't inteview him before his death. Respect to all veterans all around the world.

though I personaly feel people, especially in some countries, spend far to much energy on the wars, when they should rather study the preludes.

How did the individual countries end up joining the wars, what were their mistakes or needs?

There are a lot of lessons there, that are often overlooked.

Pi_314159265358979 #37 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7319 battles
  • [BURRO] BURRO
:(

Also tagged with panzer, ace, Lehväslaiho, medal, achievement, R.I.P.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users