Jump to content


SPG 15/Obj 260 Help/Guide


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28807 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

I know, I'm a filthy pig, a noob, a [edited]. Now that that's out of the way let's get to the problem.

I am 2 mission away from SPG 15 and I need to do it soon. And I need to do it with honors to get the order to unlock my other last mission to get my 260. Now I have 3 arties. M40/43, French T8, and M53/55. My crew in M40/43 sucks at 84%. My French arty has 100% crew but no skill and my M53/55 has the best crew. Full BiA and some other stuff. I have unlocked T92 and to the last mission I need a crap ton of assist and own damage. It seems impossible to that mission in normal battles where they end in 5 minutes. I thought maybe I should buy T92 and try to get into grand battles and finish the mission there. Those who have completed the mission since arty and mission changes, could you please help and tell me what I should do?



grensu #2 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 36929 battles
  • 352
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-25-2011
easiest .. get a tier 10 arty and enable grand battles ;)

thetopcat #3 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:40 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25346 battles
  • 48
  • [EVITA] EVITA
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012
I wish you good luck, im trying to do spg-15 for the t55a with honors and im having a real hard time 

Geno1isme #4 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:42 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 45858 battles
  • 9,528
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Completed it last weekend with the Fv207, but with just 2k damage without honors.

 

Arties with long reloads usually struggle to get the required stun damage as you can't perma-stun enemies that much, but on the other hand the high alpha is definitely good for getting the damage for the secondary condition, so you need to see which condition is more of a problem for you. T10 arties obviously have the issue of not getting any XP bonus for higher-level targets, you'll definitely need some killshots with those to get the XP.

 

Haven't bothered with grand battles for ages, so no idea if those would improve the chance.

 

In the end it mainly depends on teams and luck: You want both teams to be rather defensive so you have enough time, but not too passive so you still get spots and assist. And you don't want anybody to perform exceptionally good either so you'll rank top on XP.



tank276 #5 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52353 battles
  • 730
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostDeadLecter, on 28 March 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

I know, I'm a filthy pig, a noob, a [edited]. Now that that's out of the way let's get to the problem.

I am 2 mission away from SPG 15 and I need to do it soon. And I need to do it with honors to get the order to unlock my other last mission to get my 260. Now I have 3 arties. M40/43, French T8, and M53/55. My crew in M40/43 sucks at 84%. My French arty has 100% crew but no skill and my M53/55 has the best crew. Full BiA and some other stuff. I have unlocked T92 and to the last mission I need a crap ton of assist and own damage. It seems impossible to that mission in normal battles where they end in 5 minutes. I thought maybe I should buy T92 and try to get into grand battles and finish the mission there. Those who have completed the mission since arty and mission changes, could you please help and tell me what I should do?

 

For me ,the best way is play several battles in a row in the M53/55 with the stock gun.

 



DeadLecter #6 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28807 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View Posttank276, on 28 March 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

For me ,the best way is play several battles in a row in the M53/55 with the stock gun.

 

 

That way I can't get the 4k damage for secondary requirements. Yesterday I played arty for maybe over 6 hours just to finish as the top player by XP. Every time I did a great job with 6 or 7k damage combined, I ended up second by XP. I almost went crazy. Today I got it with 5.4k combined and a potato team. But 4k damage is really tough with either the stock or the top gun. I just bought T92. I hope I finish my last 2 missions and then SPG 15.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53052 battles
  • 1,136
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
I did it (spg15.4 with honors) with an obj261 after ±100 battles, after a gazillion of battles in the 212a. I often had the damage, but not the assistance then. Or vice versa. Or some kill stealer got top xp. Also played some battles with m53(friend's account), 6k dmg  + 6k stun. But that was a draw (=no secondary)... Ideally I would pick a tier x arty or the m53, but not the 261 or bc arta cuz of their low alpha. I don't like the grand battles, so I would play normal randoms, although it might take a lot of patience/time. Also, it takes skill, so gl.

pallie_the_artillerist #8 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19056 battles
  • 1,269
  • [TRTD] TRTD
  • Member since:
    01-12-2013

View PostDeadLecter, on 28 March 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

That way I can't get the 4k damage for secondary requirements. Yesterday I played arty for maybe over 6 hours just to finish as the top player by XP. Every time I did a great job with 6 or 7k damage combined, I ended up second by XP. I almost went crazy. Today I got it with 5.4k combined and a potato team. But 4k damage is really tough with either the stock or the top gun. I just bought T92. I hope I finish my last 2 missions and then SPG 15.

 

Don't forget to enable grand battles, these really give good chance of completing your arty mission

DeadLecter #9 Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28807 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View Postpallie_the_artillerist, on 28 March 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

 

Don't forget to enable grand battles, these really give good chance of completing your arty mission

 

I have. So far no luck. Not even 1 grand battle. All I get is random battle against T8s.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users