Since latest Update, My Game Jumps out of game Help?

Bert-the-Cosh Vanishing Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Bert_the_Cosh #1 Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30456 battles

I click play, if I'm lucky game starts and runs. Sometimes in loads to the Garage screen and instantly jumps out of the Garage right back to the Start 'PLAY' screen.

Sometimes the game starts normally and can run for 10 minutes, an hour or possibly 2 hours before jumping out of game and back to the Start 'PLAY' screen again!

What is going on?

I'm here asking this because I cannot understand what support said when I posted a ticket last week!

I'm 74 this week end and am asking for an in game friend to help me sesolve my problem. Please no redeness. I have been told in game to "Go and die in pain with cancer!". Seriously I don't need any more cruelty. Just help. If I am in the wrong part of the forum. Would an Admin kindly move this to the correct place?

Thanks. Bert.

IIAtomicToastII #2 Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29354 battles

Firstly happy birthday in advance!

Ignore the man-children of this game, they're sad lonely shells of people who have nothing better to do than insult others because they'd have nothing were it not for this game.

I'll try help you troubleshoot your issues as best I can.

The first things to check:

- Are you able to provide the specs of your computer? By that I mean; Processor, RAM, Storage type (SSD or Hard Drive), and Graphics Card. - If you don't know this then you can just tell me if it's an overall powerful computer or not.

- Next, do you have any mods installed? Try to run the game in safe mode.

- Maybe also give restarting your machine a go? I don't know if you just put it to sleep mode or turn it off when you're done, so that's a shout.

Let's start off with that and we'll go from there!

Bert_the_Cosh #3 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30456 battles

Atomic Toast, fantastic mate. Big thank you. Im buzzing right now erm right ok!

This is a msi custom i7 bought for me by my daughters.

Its the Gaming G Series i7

4 x USB3 4 x USB2

QuodxCore Active which I believe means they all run rather than have  2 dozing in a corner somewhere! But ? I don't rem,ember how to find the spec sorry!

It has 1 x CD DVD Drive C Drive is 1 or 2 TB

NVidea GForce GTX

Thats all I recall plus I read a sticker!

Windows 10 Home 64

I had Aslain on my other old 1050 machine. Tried to load it on this one (by the way I bought this summer 2018)

I loaded Aslain here but messed up the choices so uninstalled Aslain. Tried World of Warships Mod Station. Its Updated but I have not used it in Ships. I have no other mods I know of.

I think I can get my wife to help me take a screen shot of the 'load out' as far as whats on the system. She is 73 and more computer savve than me!

I shut down every night and reboot when I need the machine.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you

IIAtomicToastII #4 Posted 28 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29354 battles

View PostBert_the_Cosh, on 28 March 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

Atomic Toast, fantastic mate. Big thank you. Im buzzing right now erm right ok!

This is a msi custom i7 bought for me by my daughters.

Its the Gaming G Series i7

4 x USB3 4 x USB2

QuodxCore Active which I believe means they all run rather than have  2 dozing in a corner somewhere! But ? I don't rem,ember how to find the spec sorry!

It has 1 x CD DVD Drive C Drive is 1 or 2 TB

NVidea GForce GTX

Thats all I recall plus I read a sticker!

Windows 10 Home 64

I had Aslain on my other old 1050 machine. Tried to load it on this one (by the way I bought this summer 2018)

I loaded Aslain here but messed up the choices so uninstalled Aslain. Tried World of Warships Mod Station. Its Updated but I have not used it in Ships. I have no other mods I know of.

I think I can get my wife to help me take a screen shot of the 'load out' as far as whats on the system. She is 73 and more computer savve than me!

I shut down every night and reboot when I need the machine.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you

Well your computer is waaaaay more than powerful enough, no need to go out and take a photo! The details you gave are good enough.

Usually a reboot would fix any problems that have something to do with your computer. And if you don't have any mods installed then I find it really strange that the game isn't working.

---

One other thing to suggest is to try to run the game in safe mode, once you've opened the "Game Center", you'll see the play button, on the right of the play button, you'll see a little arrow pointing down. Press on that and try both options, so launch the game with default graphic settings, and then try again in safe mode.

This option with either revert graphics to default, which will act as a way to check if the graphics are causing an issue, and "Safe Mode" will disable any mods that you might have forgotten of.

---

The next best thing to try is probably to check and repair the game. The way to do this is when you open up the "Game Center", in the "World of Tanks" tab, at the top left, you should see a box that says "Game Settings" - Click that and in the menu that it opens, you're looking for the second option named "Check and Repair". Click that and press continue to allow the operation to run.

What this will do is scan through every game file and re-dowload/fix any broken code. The games platform "Steam" also has this option and it has fixed a lot of things for me before.

---

Given the information that you provided I think it's possible that Aslain's modpack left some old files behind. In which case you should also check if that's the case. To do this, open up file explorer > Navigate to This PC > Open Local Disk (your main hard drive) > Find Games > Find World of Tanks > At this point, if it's a clean install, then you won't see a folder named "Aslain_Modpack", but if you do see this, then open it and look for an uninstaller, then uninstall it.

Running the game in safe mode would identify this issue, but try this method too.

---

The last and final thing that I could recommend is more an option of last resort, which would mean uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it all over again. It's up to you whether you want to try this but maybe first report back to me after carrying out the previous steps and we'll see if there are any other options.

This option will remove any traces of files that may be causing the issue, and a clean install will work - If this does not fix it, then we can safely say that the problem is with your computer and not the game, but let's hope it doesn't come to that!

---

---

---

Hopefully these suggestions fix your issue, let me know :)

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Bert_the_Cosh #5 Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30456 battles

Thank you. Its late or early?

Im off to bed and will attack these suggestions when I get up 

One last thing. You lost me a little with some of this infornation and suggestions but I am committed to trying anything!

Good night and hope I can speak with you later?

IIAtomicToastII #6 Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29354 battles

View PostBert_the_Cosh, on 29 March 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Thank you. Its late or early?

Im off to bed and will attack these suggestions when I get up 

One last thing. You lost me a little with some of this infornation and suggestions but I am committed to trying anything!

Good night and hope I can speak with you later?

I'm back online now so let me know how it goes and if you want me to clarify anything!

Bert_the_Cosh #7 Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30456 battles

Hi. Well I did just as you suggested. Changing the start up mode makes no difference. Today I started and entered the game in Safe mode.  Had a great game in my Scorpion G and finished in top 4. Next game chose Arty in my Hummel but died after 2 minutes. back to the garage and bam! I was at the First screen and PLAY option. I had timed this session. Exactly 20 minutes from game opening to closing!  So launching in "Default Graphics or Safe Mode". Makes no difference at all to when or how long I can or cannot get into a game. Or how long I can stay in game if it opens leaves no time markers. But something is triggering this to happen?

My daughter who knows nothing about games wondered in the Graphics or Cashe was clearing. Or if Cashe was full and if some memory in game was not clearing forcing a shut down_ I have no idea what she meant. She had no idea what she meant, but knows some stuff about graphics not games? Anyway she tried her hardest 2 week end to find a solution without success!. 

I just don't know where to turn! It's so depressing!

13:47 Added after 5 minutes
In Addition I should mention that this is not "Heat Related!". I have run the system hardware with extra external cooling. Nothing changes. I had the game running 3 hours with extra 3" fans forcing clean air through the casing before it kicked me out of game!
13:48 Added after 5 minutes
This is defo a software issue!

Bert_the_Cosh #8 Posted 29 March 2019 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30456 battles

Thought I would let you know I am close to getting banned I trhink. I have had my ultimate warning and removal of my winnings and XP etc because I am being accused of In game Violations in that I was Inactive in game!

Because when my machines dumps me out of the game my tank is still in game, and that is seen as a violation in that I abandoned my tank and game!

Its breaking my heart that this is happening to me and I cannot control outcome.

I have written to the Senior Admin, but I don't know if it will help. 

I have been here since 2011 and they have had thousands of Euros of my pension and yesterday I had 2 including FINAL warning and removal of my winnings. They just took it!

So if I am banned they take my Gold and Credits 8 years of tanks and crews and hard work, and the door shuts on my life!

14:02 Added after 3 minutes
This was not an issue until this years updates. Something in the Update my new computer cannot cope with? It was fine after Christmas and suddenly Update and my game crashes every day and it's my fault?

IIAtomicToastII #9 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29354 battles

View PostBert_the_Cosh, on 29 March 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Thought I would let you know I am close to getting banned I trhink. I have had my ultimate warning and removal of my winnings and XP etc because I am being accused of In game Violations in that I was Inactive in game!

Because when my machines dumps me out of the game my tank is still in game, and that is seen as a violation in that I abandoned my tank and game!

Its breaking my heart that this is happening to me and I cannot control outcome.

I have written to the Senior Admin, but I don't know if it will help. 

I have been here since 2011 and they have had thousands of Euros of my pension and yesterday I had 2 including FINAL warning and removal of my winnings. They just took it!

So if I am banned they take my Gold and Credits 8 years of tanks and crews and hard work, and the door shuts on my life!

14:02 Added after 3 minutes
This was not an issue until this years updates. Something in the Update my new computer cannot cope with? It was fine after Christmas and suddenly Update and my game crashes every day and it's my fault?

To clear one thing up first, you will not get banned if your system crashes. The removal of credits and XP is the final punishment and will not escalate any further. So don't worry, that will never get you banned. I can suggest that you're better off sticking to low tiers for now until everything is fixed as AFK players are much more common there and there's less to be lost.

Now to address the other issues in order. - Overall this issue seems very strange, I think we can rule out it being anything related to game settings.

When exactly did this all start? Was it after a game update or after a windows update?

I doubt it would be related to any system related caches, as those are managed automatically. I really think the best option is to completely uninstall and reinstall the game again, if you do that then we can pretty much rule out the game all together and we'll know that there's something else causing it, and we'll be able to focus more on the computer itself to try and figure out what's going on, but remember that it may take a while to download and install again depending on the speed of your internet connection.

As I said before, I'll be able to better diagnose your issue if I know exactly when this started and what caused it.

Looking forward to your reply.

An extra note, if it was after the latest game update, it's most likely the game itself, in which case uninstalling and reinstalling it is the best bet as it would clear any problematic files that may have been left over since the last update that might be causing that. I think it's the best thing to do.

Edited by IIAtomicToastII, 29 March 2019 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users