Supertest News: Vehicles Changes: Type 4 Heavy, Type 5 Heavy, FV4005

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

eekeeboo #1 Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46254 battles

Greetings Commanders!

Both Japanese heavies will have the stats of their top guns (14-cm and 15-cm) tweaked. The former’s rounds will increase in armour penetration (from 249 mm to 252 mm for the standard shell and from 282 mm to 290 mm for the special shell). The changes to the 15-cm cannon “HE gun” will be more severe. The damage of its basic HE round will decrease from 1,100 to 900 points, and the special round will change from HE to HESH, with armour penetration increasing to 192 mm and damage decreasing from 1,400 to 750 points.

Besides all that, the top Japanese heavy will become more mobile, gaining 4 km/h in top forward speed, 3 km/h in top reverse speed, and 3 degrees in hull traverse rate. Its specific power will grow, and gun dispersion on the move and while turning will decrease.

These stat adjustments will reduce the overall HE damage output on the top Japanese heavies, without revising basic concept of these vehicles. The changes described above will make the 15-cm gun less efficient, especially against high-tier adversaries. At the same time, the alternate gun will fare better, in part because of the general changes to the parameters of the Tier X tank, and players will have a more substantial choice between the two playstyles

The stats of the British queen of alpha strikes, the FV 4005, are about to change too. Most of the tweaks deal with the chassis. The top forward speed will decrease (from 35 km/h to 32 km/h), and the top reverse will drop from 12 km/h to 8 km/h. The same will happen to the engine power (down to 850 hp from 950 hp) and the hull traverse rate will reduce to 26 degrees from 30 degrees. The gun itself will have less accuracy (with dispersion upped from 0.38 to 0.42) and will take longer to aim (3.75 seconds vs 3 seconds).

With these adjustments implemented, the FV 4005 will retain its key feature—HESH shells with high armour penetration allowing for colossal alpha—with the overall effectiveness of the vehicle decreasing only slightly. The FV 4005 will continue to be a mighty combatant able to take out an enemy with a single strike, yet it will need more time to prepare that shot.

As always, these values may be subject to change depending on the test results, remember to stay up to date with the news for any changes. 

Type 4

Type 5

FV 4005

Good Luck and Good Hunting, 

eek. 

Edited by eekeeboo, 29 March 2019 - 05:57 PM.

Hezs #2 Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27491 battles
Finally some balancing! Good changes.

SWAT0013 #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29282 battles
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V

In which universe getting worse engine keeps the same power to weight? Also do not understand why FV should be getting this bad reverse speed...

Otherwise seems OK

cmgamesro #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14422 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR
that 0.42 will make shitbarn so competitive...

Objec7 #5 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14729 battles

View Postcmgamesro, on 29 March 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

that 0.42 will make shitbarn so competitive...

It needed nerfs, I think the problem was the gun not the handling and mobility but whatever. 

LordSkyFury #6 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14070 battles
  • [R_D1] R_D1
HESH on FV4005 II should have like 1500 dmg per shot so it will be in the middle between AP and HE with dmg/pene.

Objec7 #7 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14729 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 28 March 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

Greetings Commanders!

Both Japanese heavies will have the stats of their top guns (14-cm and 15-cm) tweaked. The former’s rounds will increase in armour penetration (from 249 mm to 252 mm for the standard shell and from 282 mm to 290 mm for the special shell). The changes to the 15-cm cannon “HE gun” will be more severe. The damage of its basic HE round will decrease from 1,100 to 900 points, and the special round will change from HE to HESH, with armour penetration increasing to 192 mm and damage decreasing from 1,400 to 750 points.

Besides all that, the top Japanese heavy will become more mobile, gaining 4 km/h in top forward speed, 3 km/h in top reverse speed, and 3 degrees in hull traverse rate. Its specific power will grow, and gun dispersion on the move and while turning will decrease.

These stat adjustments will reduce the overall HE damage output on the top Japanese heavies, without revising basic concept of these vehicles. The changes described above will make the 15-cm gun less efficient, especially against high-tier adversaries. At the same time, the alternate gun will fare better, in part because of the general changes to the parameters of the Tier X tank, and players will have a more substantial choice between the two playstyles

The stats of the British queen of alpha strikes, the FV 4005, are about to change too. Most of the tweaks deal with the chassis. The top forward speed will decrease (from 35 km/h to 32 km/h), and the top reverse will drop from 12 km/h to 8 km/h. The same will happen to the engine power (down to 850 hp from 950 hp) and the hull traverse rate will reduce to 26 degrees from 30 degrees. The gun itself will have less accuracy (with dispersion upped from 0.38 to 0.42) and will take longer to aim (3.75 seconds vs 3 seconds).

With these adjustments implemented, the FV 4005 will retain its key feature—HESH shells with high armour penetration allowing for colossal alpha—with the overall effectiveness of the vehicle decreasing only slightly. The FV 4005 will continue to be a mighty combatant able to take out an enemy with a single strike, yet it will need more time to prepare that shot.

As always, these values may be subject to change depending on the test results, remember to stay up to date with the news for any changes. 

Type 4

Type 5

FV 4005

Good Luck and Good Hunting, 

eek. 

Don't understand why you nerf Types' standard damage on the 15 cm gun... You effectively give Types tier 8 O-Ho gun which is useless on tier 10. You will do 100-350 damage to other heavies and 192 mm of penetration on HESH on tier 10 is useless when you use derp gun on a heavy. I agree that Types needed a nerf to their guns and removal of that op special ammo was the right choice but I don't get nerfing gun to tier 8 level. People will start to hunt light tanks with superheavies.

14 cm gun in other hand is useless as special ammo penetration on such a derpy gun is way too low. You do nothing with 293 penetration against real armor and you still have 0.42 dispersion and 2k dpm making aiming at weakspots impossible and people will just yolo you.

leggasiini #8 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15767 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Type 4/5 changes are a step in the right direction. The nerfed derps are now garbage (KV-2 derp is arguably superior to the nerfed Type 4 derp, as it has similar reload with higher pen and alph, and the O-Ho derp is superior to the derps of both Types as it has both better reload and alpha than even the Type 5). Introducing the derp guns for the Types was a mistake, anyway. The 14cm AP gun buffs and armor changes is what you should have done in the first place back in 9.17.1 when the Types got buffed. Since the full removal of the derp guns seem impossible, I welcome this solution, too. It's probably the closest we get to the removal of the guns, anyway.

The AP gun pen buff might seem small but it seriously helps, especially with the gun handling buff. The premium special ammo pen is now enough to go through other Type 5s, Maus and E 100 turrets more reliably, which were the tanks the current AP gun struggles even with the "special" ammo.

The mobility buff is unexpected, but I don't mind it, makes the tanks more comfortable to play.

As someone who played Japanese heavies a lot back when I still played the game (I 3 marked the entire line), I still think that you should do two additional changes to the Type 4/5:

• make the weakspots (the hatches and cupola) weaker, lower them both by around 20-30mm
  • buff the 14cm gun bit further, increase the DPM and/or buff the penetration a bit more

If those two changes above were added to the listed supertest changes, then it would be almost perfect. However, the derps becoming far less oppressive and AP gun becoming finally decent is actually a great change. The disgusting premium HE slinging derps doing 600 to hulldown super-heavies was extremely idiotic and the fact it was in the game for 2 years is just wrong. Also I really appreciate the fact that the AP gun Type 5 is finally viable. It took 4 years for the AP gun Type 5 to be decent and 2 years for the derp gun to get fixed, but hey, better late than never, I guess?

FV4005 change isn't really going to do much, though. It still oneshot tanks, while the accuracy and gun handling change just makes the gun more frustrating. In fact, it actually encourages the usage of HESH even more because now the AP shells are even more unreliable thanks to worse aimtime and accuracy.

Edited by leggasiini, 29 March 2019 - 07:02 PM.

Dr_Oolen #9 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23291 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

The type nerfs... ok, i can live with them still having no weakspot armor if their derps become fairly bad and hopefully bad enough that most will start using the AP guns.

But the 4005 nerf does nothing (apart from the initial wave of people not playing it anymore just because it got nerfed, who will after half a year realize that these nerfs mean nothing at all considering the playstyle of the thing) as the thing stays just as broken, except even more unfun to play with that sort of aimtime/speed. Basically it is now turne dinto fv 183, except withouz any of that "sometimes bounce armor". It should be rebalanced in a completely different way... nerf the AP/HESH, buff gun handling and general comfort of the tank... Should have been something like 850 AP, 1250 HESH with a bit more pen (like 250), buffed aimtime/dispersions/accuracy and reload to keep same dpm as now...

Bucifel #10 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34364 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

excellent step in right direction. Next they just need to get rid completely of P2W element from all ammo (reducing prices to standard level along with damage nerf) and add weakpoints on tanks. Excellent step.

about FV...dont think thats a good change especially on gun stats. If this paper FV will get such a bad gun...what will happen with FV183..? Im afraid to imagine...

Edited by Bucifel, 29 March 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Objec7 #11 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14729 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 29 March 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Type 4/5 changes are step in the right direction. The nerfed derps are now garbage (KV-2 derp is arguably superior to the nerfed Type 4 derp, as it has similar reload with higher pen and alph, and the O-Ho derp is superior to the derps of both Types as it has both better reload and alpha than even the Type 5). Introducing the derp guns for the Types was a mistake, anyway. The 14cm AP gun buffs and armor changes is what you should have done in the first place back in 9.17.1 when the Types got buffed. Since the full removal of the derp guns seem impossible, I welcome this solution, too. It's probably the closest we get to the removal of the guns, anyway.

The AP gun pen buff might seem small but it seriously helps, especially with the gun handling buff. The premium special ammo pen is now enough to go through other Type 5s, Maus and E 100 turrets more reliably, which were the tanks the current AP gun struggles even with the "special" ammo.

The mobility buff is unexpected, but I don't mind it, makes the tanks more comfortable to play.

As someone who played Japanese heavies a lot back when I still played the game (I 3 marked the entire line), I still think that you should do two additional changes to the Type 4/5:

• make the weakspots (the hatches and cupola) weaker, lower them both by around 20-30mm
  • buff the 14cm gun bit further, increase the DPM and/or buff the penetration a bit more

If those two changes above were added to the listed supertest changes, then it would be almost perfect. However, the derps becoming far less oppressive and AP gun becoming finally decent is actually a great change. The disgusting premium HE slinging derps doing 600 to hulldown super-heavies was extremely idiotic and the fact it was in the game for 2 years is just wrong. Also I really appreciate the fact that the AP gun Type 5 is finally viable. It took 4 years for the AP gun Type 5 to be decent and 2 years for the derp gun to get fixed, but hey, better late than never, I guess?

FV4005 change isn't really going to do much, though. It still oneshot tanks, while the accuracy and gun handling change just makes the gun more frustrating. In fact, it actually encourages the usage of HESH even more because now the AP shells are even more unreliable thanks to worse aimtime and accuracy.

I can agree with this, the AP gun could use some further buffing to really make it relevant choice.

Bucifel #12 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34364 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View PostLordSkyFury, on 29 March 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

HESH on FV4005 II should have like 1500 dmg per shot so it will be in the middle between AP and HE with dmg/pene.

and standard price, of course :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8294 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Finally I'll be able to play my Type Heavies with the AP gun again.

Dr_Oolen #14 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23291 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 29 March 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Finally I'll be able to play my Type Heavies with the AP gun again.

The AP gun is already better than the derp on type 4... as long as you go full gold :) Which is what i did when i grinded the tank.

19.5s to do 600 dmg or 15.5s to do 600 dmg, but having to aim a tiny bit more?

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 29 March 2019 - 07:20 PM.

leggasiini #15 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15767 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDr_Oolen, on 29 March 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

The AP gun is already better than the derp on type 4... as long as you go full gold :) Which is what i did when i grinded the tank.

AP gun is somewhat bearable on the Type 4 and has always been since they buffed it back in 9.15 just because of it's ridiculous alpha. It's the Type 5 really where the AP gun has always been dogsh*t since they introduced the tank; it should finally be decent now (especially with derp being nerfed hard; full gold HE derp outclasses the AP gun more or less completely with also having the benefits of HE mechanics lul).

Edited by leggasiini, 29 March 2019 - 07:22 PM.

Dr_Oolen #16 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23291 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postleggasiini, on 29 March 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

AP gun is somewhat bearable on the Type 4 and has always been since they buffed it back in 9.15 just because of it's ridiculous alpha. It's the Type 5 really where the AP gun has always been dogsh*t since they introduced the tank; it should finally be decent now (especially with derp being nerfed hard; full gold HE derp outclasses the AP gun more or less completely with also having the benefits of HE mechanics lul).

In the end the best thing about these nerfs might not be the decrease of those tanks performance itself, but the general reaction of wot playerbase to any/all nerfs - which is to stop playing the tanks while proclaiming they are now useless for half a year, until they realize the tanks are still ezmode and broken and start playing them again. So at the least we are looking at 6-8 months of almost no FV/type spam.

Denton_0451 #17 Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25195 battles
So you've buffed the FV 4005 back in 9.20.1 just to nerf it back again.

Bad_Mojo_incoming #18 Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22241 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

Yes, blety, let's nerf the Sh*tbarn back as it obviously doesn't have enough handicaps as does is now.

It's not enough that it's tall as the Big Ben, so forget about camo, not enough that it's got 30 mm armor on it's big turret, which means 800+ dmg by arties at the least...and I'm not even talking about other high calibre HE rounds that reck the crud out of it...Oh, and let's not forget that it's gott 22+ seconds reload even with Vents, Rammer, BiA and Pudding...

No, blety, let's nerf it more! Well, congratulations, another master stroke...

Edited by Bad_Mojo_incoming, 29 March 2019 - 09:03 PM.

mgns #19 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35709 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 29 March 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

Yeah it would be a lot more interesting if they made AP a viable choice instead of just making the tank more frustrating to play

4ztec #20 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R
I don't agree with the FV4005 changes. It's already very easy to kill. The nerfs will make it even more easy to kill while taking the fun out of it.
The only problem that I see with the FV4005 is the relatively short reload time for such a powerful shell. Why not increase reload by 10 seconds and leave the rest as it is?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users