Wheeled vehicles - must be nerfed

whelled light tanks french

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Wheeled Vehicles vs Light Tanks (170 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think that wheeled light tanks are OP at this moment when they engage another light tanks, and that they should be nerfed?

1. Yes (96 votes [56.47%])

Percentage of vote: 56.47%

2. No (74 votes [43.53%])

Percentage of vote: 43.53%

Vote Hide poll

tarhon #1 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22781 battles

The wheeled vehicles are to OP / unbalanced at this moment. In numerous games no matter what I played I've seen the welled vehicles owning any other light tank, especially tier by tier.

They are unbalance comparing with other light tanks. In 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 1 the wheeled vehicle almost all the time will come victorious thanks to the following reasons:

1. improved aiming system, witch is a bad joke when u are trying to play with another light tank versus this ones;
  2. speed and the fact they can't be de-tracked vs classic light tanks;
  3. the camouflage value in comparison even though they have less view range they can outspot every other single light tank tier by tier.

As a conclusion I want to raise awareness of the unbalanced games that are taking place between light tanks and I want to pray everyone who read this thread to answer the pool.

The observations and conclusions are the result of around 80 games played by myself in tier 8 B-C 12 t. and observing other players in many other games as a spectator. The players (who played wheeled vehicles or other light tanks) had average ratings as me included  ( WN8 : 1840 ) - I wanted to point that out in order to exclude unicorn players witch are good most of the time no matter what they play and also new or less experienced players.

Feel free to contradict me with facts, statistics and any other things that come in your mind but don't forget to vote (personal opinions are welcomed):)

Have a nice day !

Edited by tarhon, 28 March 2019 - 05:19 PM.

gpalsson #2 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 24349 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

The observations and conclusions are the result of around 80 games played by myself in tier 8 B-C 12 t. and observing other players in many other games as a spectator. The players (who played wheeled vehicles or other light tanks) had average ratings as me included  ( WN8 : 1840 ) - I wanted to point that out in order to exclude unicorn players witch are good most of the time no matter what they play and also new or less experienced players.

Feel free to contradict me with facts, statistics and any other things that come in your mind but don't forget to vote :)

Have a nice day !

Soo...you can say stuff that stems from "feels" but to contradict you I would need facts and statistics?

tarhon #3 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22781 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 28 March 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Soo...you can say stuff that stems from "feels" but to contradict you I would need facts and statistics?

That's why I added "and any other things that come in your mind". :)

Feel free to post your personal opinion.

Edited by tarhon, 28 March 2019 - 05:18 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1. improved aiming system,

Never played them have you.

Whenever anyone says that you just know they have not tried it because it's rubbish.

barison1 #5 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40861 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

1. improved aiming system, witch is a bad joke when u are trying to play with another light tank versus this ones;

if you are referring to the auto aim; its the exact same as normal auto aim, just TINY bit bigger zone to lock on. often being more a drawback than actual advantage as often no clue if it really locked on or not, or randomly targetting a tank behind it

gpalsson #6 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 24349 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

You are right. That's why I added "and any other things that come in your mind". :)

Well ok then. I don't think they are OP. They are quite annoying to play against, and extremely fun to play (well not the tier 6) but I don't think they are OP at all. I have just tried the tier 6, 7 and EBR 75 and to me they don't feel OP.

tarhon #7 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22781 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 28 March 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Never played them have you.

Whenever anyone says that you just know they have not tried it because it's rubbish.

Didn't try it because I have other tanks in mind to get at this moment.

Please take the question as it is : 1v1, light vs light in the middle of the battle both of us will use auto-aim. I am right if I state that the welled vehicle will find his target > 80% and your opponent (any other light tank) <30 % ? (are just random numbers but I hope you get what I want to point out).

Sfinski #8 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34093 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Please take the question as it is : 1v1, light vs light in the middle of the battle both of us will use auto-aim. I am right if I state that the welled vehicle will find his target > 80% and your opponent (any other light tank) <30 % ? (are just random numbers but I hope you get what I want to point out).

Picking situations like that makes every tank OP.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32035 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

So what if they have a 1v1 advantage? You have much better view range so should see them coming. If you've ended up in a 1v1 then you fucked up and deserve to get kicked.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
1: Besides giving a wider arch for auto-aim to work on. Once locked it works the same way as for any tracked light, there is no extra bonus.

2: Take something away you have to give something back. They have their speed as they are blind as a bat. If they are slower the any tracked light. Then 445m and binocs should be added to them.

3: If they are passive spotting and you move in the open? Sure. If you both are moving in the open? No, just no, won't happen. Even a bad 75% TD with binocs will spot my wheeled light before I see anything. For it to spot an enemy light moving in the open, they have to be closer than 200m in most cases. And sub 100m if they have cover.  As the range you spot a target at, is decided by their camo value vs your view range. And with 300 base. That's not happening often.

You should. As everyone that hates them and wants them nerfed. Never played them. While those that have, say they are only good support guns and bullies. Because for every superb bully round you get. You have 9 terrible rounds where you can't even spot anything. I mean I get amazed if I see more then 1K assist on my tier 7 atm. I suspect there is a reason why you see less and less of the normal tier 8+ wheels atm. I've not seen a tier X wheeled in days.

Please take the question as it is...

Once locked, it don't work any different. If you can lock on too, you are both on equal ground agian. The closer the target is, the more you have click on it for it to work. The improved auto-aim wide away, only works at long range.

The observations and conclusions are the result of around 80 games played ...

For most it's an issue of adapting. As we do with each new meta. And most light players stick to their old ways and still expect them to work vs the new wheels.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 March 2019 - 06:17 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #11 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

Probably not op, but for sure annoying af and changing the meta in a bad way.

I liked this game exactly because it was a slow paced tactical shooter. Now it looks like WG is chasing after the money of the regular shooter players (like CS,PUBG,Fortnite, etc.)

Edited by Laur_Balaur_XD, 28 March 2019 - 06:15 PM.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 28 March 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Annoying is not the same as strong or OP to justify a "nerf". As it's not every game I get to bully with the speed even. Or rush paper targets to HE them down. On most maps, you are basically a blind TD more so then an annoying light. And I suspect they will die out soon the more people see how useless they are once people adapt vs them for it to matter. As I said above. I've not seen a tier 9 or X wheeled light in awhile, nor the Lynx. As tier 8 now is one wheeld premium pr map, vs on each team like tier 6 has. Even my tier 7 don't see a fellow Hotch that much anymore.

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles

Light tanks in general are completely crippled ATM, not much better mobility or view range than mediums, more challenging to drive due to new physics, worst gun in the game,

with only one gimmick, camo on the move. No, weelies are also light tanks with better mobility but even worse view range, and the same awful guns. So no, no need for nerfs.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 28 March 2019 - 09:12 PM.

tarhon #14 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22781 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 March 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

1: Besides giving a wider arch for auto-aim to work on. Once locked it works the same way as for any tracked light, there is no extra bonus.

2: Take something away you have to give something back. They have their speed as they are blind as a bat. If they are slower the any tracked light. Then 445m and binocs should be added to them.

3: If they are passive spotting and you move in the open? Sure. If you both are moving in the open? No, just no, won't happen. Even a bad 75% TD with binocs will spot my wheeled light before I see anything. For it to spot an enemy light moving in the open, they have to be closer than 200m in most cases. And sub 100m if they have cover.  As the range you spot a target at, is decided by their camo value vs your view range. And with 300 base. That's not happening often.

You should. As everyone that hates them and wants them nerfed. Never played them. While those that have, say they are only good support guns and bullies. Because for every superb bully round you get. You have 9 terrible rounds where you can't even spot anything. I mean I get amazed if I see more then 1K assist on my tier 7 atm. I suspect there is a reason why you see less and less of the normal tier 8+ wheels atm. I've not seen a tier X wheeled in days.

Once locked, it don't work any different. If you can lock on too, you are both on equal ground agian. The closer the target is, the more you have click on it for it to work. The improved auto-aim wide away, only works at long range.

For most it's an issue of adapting. As we do with each new meta. And most light players stick to their old ways and still expect them to work vs the new wheels.

Nice answer with very good points ! Thanks for your response !

Jigabachi #15 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The wheeled vehicles are to OP

Stopped reading there. You should stop using terms you don't understand, that kills every motivation to keep reading, because you know that the author has absolutely no clue. And I'm not talking about the "to" with the missing "o".

Bordhaw #16 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

The wheeled vehicles are to OP / unbalanced at this moment. In numerous games no matter what I played I've seen the welled vehicles owning any other light tank, especially tier by tier.

As a conclusion I want to raise awareness of the unbalanced games that are taking place between light tanks and I want to pray everyone who read this thread to answer the pool.

Feel free to contradict me with facts, statistics and any other things that come in your mind but don't forget to vote (personal opinions are welcomed):)

Have a nice day !

Homer_J #17 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttarhon, on 28 March 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

You don't even know what the difference between the autoaim on regular light tanks and wheeled vehicles is.

The only difference is that you don't have to have the red outline lit up to lock on.  After that it works EXACTLY THE SAME.  And the improved lock on is terrible, half the time it doesn't even lock on when you DO have the outline.

1v1 if you can't beat a wheelie with a regular light then the problem is between chair and keyboard.

QUADRANT_16 #18 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17202 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0

Wheeled vehicles are the worst addition to the game i have seen so far.

A decent player doesnt need to play them to see their full potential and how they can affect the game.

When played by a good player (randoms or CW):

• They are very fast and agile, extremely hard to hit (even for a good player)
  • They can reach key positions of certain maps so fast that the enemy team has to take a defensive role to avoid being obliterated
  • They can spot almost the entire enemy team in the first minute of the game and still have a very decent chance to survive (what i would call a properly performed yolo). A decent team can deploy accordingly using this information and have a huge advantage for the rest of the game
  • They can take care of enemy lights pretty well, due to the speed and improved auto-aim function. They can just rush the usual spotting spots and light enemies up. Just dodge a few shots with their superb agility and their auto-aim and the tanks on his team will do the rest.
  • They can change flanks absurdly quickly. No need to take a detour and waste time
  • They make arty obsolete in CW. Arty can be spotted in the first 30 seconds and is too slow to react to that.

When played by the average tomato player (mostly randoms):

• 80% of WV players will yolo to enemy spawn spamming HE to kill the artillery because they dont know how to do anything else with the tank. Average players dont understand WV's full potential. This usually ends with them dying in the first minutes of the game, placing their team at a disadvantage and frustrating the arty players (sorry, i had to say this)
  • They are frustrating to play due to the physics and uneven or hilly terrain. Many of them will crash because they dont even know how to drive faster than 40kph with a regular tank, let alone a WV
  • 20% of WV players will camp a useless bush for 6 minutes, spotting nobody because of their poor view range

Now a few interesting questions come to mind:

- Why do only good players invest the time or resources in grinding this line to the end? Why do they perform so well in these vehicles?

- Why are the results of these vehicles so polarized? (either an amazing carry or a death in 30 seconds)

- What about the stupidly high win rates they have? (http://www.noobmeter.com/tankStats)

Too hard to answer?

Dont worry, i will do it for you!: 

Because they are op (or broken, whatever you like) and have a huge skill cap. They are frustrating to play with or against. They can break the games. They have been intentionally designed to make games faster, making more profit for wargaming. They have no place in this game whatsoever. They cant be adapted to without turning this game into another different one. If i wanted even faster games than they are recently becoming i would play WOT Blitz.

PS: And please stop with the "but they have soooo poor view range" thing. Thats a pathetic excuse. A unicum EBR 105 player can reach almost 450m view range. They dont need more view range than they already have. Sure they will get outspotted, but what does it matter?, you still have to expose yourself to fire (in a bush or slope) and then you will get spotted. If you dont fire you allow them to get even closer. And lets all be honest, 95% of the players dont know what double-bush means or have skill enough to aim properly and give adequate lead to the shots. 

rageman4u #19 Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16540 battles
It is so rewarding to reload 12 seconds and shot these wheeled tanks and miss, yet you manage to hit them again and  no damage received, rng or wheel. They dont get tracked and move on 60kms. After he puts a two shots while moving and module damages, they have legal aimbot system. They will be nerfed after wargaming takes  the profit from them. So wait a couple of months, t

satakuua #20 Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12204 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 28 March 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

I liked this game exactly because it was a slow paced tactical shooter. Now it looks like WG is chasing after the money of the regular shooter players (like CS,PUBG,Fortnite, etc.)

I tell people who ask about World of Tanks that it is like old man’s Counter-Strike, which fits me quite nicely.

Wheeled vehicles do feel too fast. Might not be OP, but the way they change the game is not to my liking. Tactics over reflex shooters. (And turn-based over real time.)

Edited by satakuua, 29 March 2019 - 08:21 AM.

Also tagged with whelled, light tanks, french

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users