Jump to content


Rhm BWT? How to play this?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_50080245721 #1 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10978 battles
  • 481
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

I use the 12,8 gun: 490dmg 246pen, 0,35dispersion

I look at the 15 gun: 750dmg, 215pen, 0,4dispersion

 

Erm wait what? A long range slow open roof sniper TD with 215pen that faces tier 10's all the time? Erm... Yeah okay the goldpen is better for the 15cm but god really I have to spam gold ammo? It has a 20sec reload so you can't just switch ammo back and forth and after the gold ammo nerf. How do you play this gun?

 

Also the 0,35-0,4 dispersion = omg... Skorpion G is faster and has only 0,3 dispersion and 490dmg with 246pen. The Rhm has more camo which is COMPLETELY useless because after firing it only has ~4% camo left (Skorp G ~3%) so that 1% makes no difference. Camo while not firing is kinda pointless in relatively slow tank like the Rhm.

 

I noticed that after 360.000xp the waffentrager gets the 246pen gun with 750 alpha. But it's a tier 9...

 

So I cannot relocate fast, I'm probably stuck to the 490 alpha gun, I'm open roof and get sometimes oneshot by high tier arty, wheelies that spam HE also obliterate me and basically erm... Aside from redline sniping with my horrible accuracy what can I do? I cannot brawl with this low alpha and open roof and relatively low mobility. I can hide really well sure as long as I never shoot. How the hell do I play this tank that is supposed to be so good? I keep failing miserably at it. I missed so many max zoomed in shots it ain't funny.

Ohyeah if I get lit up in a map with 3 arty, I might as well already return to garage if it weren't for the penalty.


Edited by RenamedUser_500802457, 28 March 2019 - 07:19 PM.


TPpie #2 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16230 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014

The gun choice is there simply for the sake of variety, The 12,8cm is the reliable and consistent choice, the 15cm is for when you're drunk to whatever degree you prefer and want to oneshot tier 6s for giggles. (some like to use gold in liberally for gibbing tier 9/10s) of course, it is RNG who decides if you can have fun or not.

 

With that said, I use the 12.8cm 85% of the time and the 15cm 15% and usually just end up crying in a corner. on occasion I get to oneshot VK30.01Ps, though.

 

I have Camo net/binos/rammer on my Rhm, the Camo net combined with skills+camo skin gives me a total of 59+ camo, which when behind sufficient bushes allows me to fire my gun and remain spotted in very ridiculous instances (i.e remaining spotted at 80m-100m~ after firing, of course its not always 100% foolproof but eh, it funneh.

 

My advice is to stay cautious but proactive, the tank is very map dependent (imo) you need to pick your spot and your moment very carefully. And try to avoid long routes unless you really really have to go there, and avoid staying back for too long.

 

Personally I can't give much else advice than the basics - the Rhm. has advantages so make the best of them, but don't be tunneled visioned by said advantages.

 

besides that, pray for Prokhorovka every game, and if you get Himmelsdorf, just snipe the people at the hill.



OMG_Abaddon #3 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11789 battles
  • 744
  • [BDCP] BDCP
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

Stock it's got a strong DPM gun, top gun puts more alpha with goldspam ammo, and 1k HE damage.

 

You move somewhere and hope nobody gets in melee.



RenamedUser_50080245721 #4 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10978 battles
  • 481
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

Isn't the camo-net kinda pointless? Increases firing-camo from 4%->6% for me. 2% aint worth an equipment slot I think that the camo net is only good for passive scouts but pointless on TD's.

Yeah if you can get like a double bush >15m away from you (or 1 bush + enemy far away) then you can fire. But I often fail to find such good spots within time. And scouts relatively often just yolo me. Especially the EBR's just ain't funny for the Rhm not to mention that they will do about 500ish damage every 8 seconds to you with HE (which is on par with your DPM.. for a scout... (2700ish HE DPM)). They can almost sit still in front of you and facetank you.

 

Yes it is a VERY map dependant tank imo. I think the 15cm gun is better for if your team loses really hard and pray to get 1-2 shots in before you die so you still do good damage. But yeah, gold spam... required.... Gonna be a terrible gun after gold ammo nerf or will this gun be buffed?

 

This tank feels like a crappy Skorp G and because the turret is so low it's hard to shoot over certain hills and objects that are designed for bigger tanks. Your hitbox is still large because of the length of your tank.

18:47 Added after 4 minutes
Also what is the point of the Grille15? It is ~11% more accurate than a Skorp G but it 2 tiers higher. About 50% more damage but 100% more reload and 80% more HP (but still open roof so still super fragile).

Edited by RenamedUser_500802457, 28 March 2019 - 07:49 PM.


PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32726 battles
  • 3,216
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

It's like a UDES. You get spotted, you die within 5 seconds or less.

 

The key is not getting spotted, at all costs. Use the 15m bush opacity technique frequently. A full camo crew is essential.

 

The stock gun is the better option for regular players, but if you want to REALLY spank some tanks, simply equip the 15cm, glue down the 2 key and experience an emotional rollercoaster as you miss half of your shots.



lnfernaI #6 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 30879 battles
  • 4,000
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
I used 15cm with HEAT,AP and HE. Much more effective at trading. It's up to preference.

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014
interestingly enough there are a shed load of RHM threads in the vehicles section under german TD's of all places.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,332
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 28 March 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

I use the 12,8 gun: 490dmg 246pen, 0,35dispersion

I look at the 15 gun: 750dmg, 215pen, 0,4dispersion

 

Erm wait what? A long range slow open roof sniper TD with 215pen that faces tier 10's all the time? Erm... Yeah okay the goldpen is better for the 15cm but god really I have to spam gold ammo? It has a 20sec reload so you can't just switch ammo back and forth and after the gold ammo nerf. How do you play this gun?

 

The 12.8cm gun is for the traditional sniper role which still exists on open maps but it has limited effect on the battle in the current WOT.

 

The 15cm is the in-your-face, heat-shooting, no-aimming type of gun. It requires careful planning, timing and more innovative game play on your part. No sniping with this gun, you need to be among your heavies. As you can see, playing with this gun is horrible in open maps and long range engagements.

 

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 28 March 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

Also the 0,35-0,4 dispersion = omg... Skorpion G is faster and has only 0,3 dispersion and 490dmg with 246pen. The Rhm has more camo which is COMPLETELY useless because after firing it only has ~4% camo left (Skorp G ~3%) so that 1% makes no difference. Camo while not firing is kinda pointless in relatively slow tank like the Rhm.

 

The skorpion was the beginning of a new wave of stronger premiums. It's better than the borsig but using the strengths of either of them is necessary to have good games.

 

The skorpion is a big unarmored target with crappy camo but it got speed and an accurate gun. You get spotted in a bad position while moving around the map and you're dead!

 

The borsig excels at area denial, you won't see him unless you're meters away or he's being dumb and firing without proper cover. You got more DPM than the skorpion, same pen and you're a smaller target. On top of that you've the 750 alpha option which is ****ing scary even for tier 10 tanks!

 

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 28 March 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

I noticed that after 360.000xp the waffentrager gets the 246pen gun with 750 alpha. But it's a tier 9...

 

So I cannot relocate fast, I'm probably stuck to the 490 alpha gun, I'm open roof and get sometimes oneshot by high tier arty, wheelies that spam HE also obliterate me and basically erm... Aside from redline sniping with my horrible accuracy what can I do? I cannot brawl with this low alpha and open roof and relatively low mobility. I can hide really well sure as long as I never shoot. How the hell do I play this tank that is supposed to be so good? I keep failing miserably at it. I missed so many max zoomed in shots it ain't funny.

Ohyeah if I get lit up in a map with 3 arty, I might as well already return to garage if it weren't for the penalty.

 

I wouldn't call 0.31 accuracy (with BIA and food) horrible.

 

Good use of camo and view range allows for much more than this...

 

  • Moving from point A to point B on the map unspotted (camo).
  • The minimum distance from which you'll get spotted (camo).
  • The time required to run away from a dangerous position (mobility). <== Skorpion

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 28 March 2019 - 08:15 PM.


TPpie #9 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16230 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 28 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

Isn't the camo-net kinda pointless? Increases firing-camo from 4%->6% for me. 2% aint worth an equipment slot I think that the camo net is only good for passive scouts but pointless on TD's.

Yeah if you can get like a double bush >15m away from you (or 1 bush + enemy far away) then you can fire. But I often fail to find such good spots within time. And scouts relatively often just yolo me. Especially the EBR's just ain't funny for the Rhm not to mention that they will do about 500ish damage every 8 seconds to you with HE (which is on par with your DPM.. for a scout... (2700ish HE DPM)). They can almost sit still in front of you and facetank you.

 

A lil pic of my Rhm for reference :

Spoiler

That 59.77 camo (after camo net) is very strong, it's kept me hidden even in the open and or behind the tiniest of bushes. that 9.15 camo after firing,  when behind bushes also adds up so you can shoot away at targets even in spotting range. Or just use the 15cm trick. either way, shooting at essentially blind Ruskies never stops being funny.

The advantage of the tank is its camo, therefore it would be wise to further augment said ability, besides, what else are you going to put on a Rhm? a repair kit?

 

In the end, the RHM is a passive, fragile TD that can infact be very deadly and can potentially carry games. unfortunately, such TDs really aren't that consistent due to how map (and team) dependent they are - if your team does poor your boned. if your team does super well your boned aswell. if you get a crappy map combined with one of the aforementioned scenarios then your gonna be nice n sore for a day or two.

 

You can pad some nice damage in it though, if your willing to redline/close to redline camp. just bring a good book to read.



RenamedUser_50080245721 #10 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10978 battles
  • 481
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostTPpie, on 28 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

 

if your team does poor your boned. if your team does super well your boned aswell. if you get a crappy map combined with one of the aforementioned scenarios then your gonna be nice n sore for a day or two.

^ This I noticed. And then you finally get a good map and teams and are fully aimed at the side of a heavy and miss... next 2 shots miss and get lit up... I think that was when I drove into enemy team and hit the enemy on full speed (of course...) and after that I died and alt+f4-ed. Tomorrow again maybe.

 

Block Quote

 if you want to REALLY spank some tanks, simply equip the 15cm, glue down the 2 key and experience an emotional rollercoaster as you miss half of your shots.

And yeah the 15cm = goldspammer all the way. Feels so badly designed. Why give it 215AP pen on a T8 paper open roof TD BUT give it even more gold-pen? Was it purposely designed to spam gold? Yes T10 tanks will fear these gold shells.

 

Anyway I think the 15cm is gonna fit my playstyle better because I will probably atleast do 750dmg after enemy bumrush and you could always yolo for an extra 750 dmg pre-death. After gold ammo nerf the dmg will be only 563 so the 15cm gun probably needs a complete overhaul during that patch as well.

 

But I see no more point in grinding this tank further. I think my Skorp G's do everything that this tank line does but better (okay aside from the camo and not having the 750 option). But by the time you get 6th sense, BIA and camo skills and put on tank-camo for gold you probably finished this tank's grind. In the right hands by using the camo properly you can do well in this tank for sure but sorry I don't have the skills/knowledge and the 2 tanks after this look meh.


Edited by RenamedUser_500802457, 28 March 2019 - 09:04 PM.


DeadLecter #11 Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
When I had it I only used the 12.8 cm gun. 15cm is just way too inaccurate and unreliable. Plus you need to either load full gold or HE. With 12.8 cm you are like a less mobile Skorp G but with much much better camo. Same story with Wt Auf Pz IV. Go with the smaller gun. You get better DPM, Pen, Accuracy and reliability. Sacrificing all of that for alpha seems unwise to me. You may have more fun when hitting TXs for 750 but the times you miss, it's not worth it.
Forgot to say if you know the bush camo mechanics you can literally go unspotted during the entire match

Edited by DeadLecter, 28 March 2019 - 10:43 PM.


Solstad1069 #12 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41844 battles
  • 3,358
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

15cm gun with HE can be a lot of fun :P 



lnfernaI #13 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 30879 battles
  • 4,000
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 28 March 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

 experience an emotional rollercoaster as you miss half of your shots.

that never happened to me.



Gremlin182 #14 Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 53267 battles
  • 8,766
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

You max out the camo and get to shine on open maps and stick with some friendlies and take shots of opportunity on others.

 

Both guns have their uses

Mostly the 12.8 is the best but I have certainly used the 15 cm when I was doing some personal missions as with premium you can penetrate an awful lot of tough tanks even when they go hull down, 334 pen is great in those games but you are doing it for the better results and you will probably lose credits unless you have a very good game.

 

 



samuelx43a #15 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24126 battles
  • 1,088
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

I exclusively used the 15cm, and the AP can still be useful because the small chance you get to meet certain tanks you can overmatch them. The infamous obj257 can be overmatched with that gun for example.

I went with 20 AP, 6 HEAT and 4 HE, but this was because I dislike using too much gold(even now when I have 11M credits) though if you want a balanced loadout you can do ten of the three shells for example. Either way this tank is actually really nice to use, and one of the few where it has one of the best stock guns for its tier



RenamedUser_50080245721 #16 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10978 battles
  • 481
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

 

 

We had no scouts so I had to blindshoot. I got blindshot myself by Skorp G (was my fault for camping too long I should snapshoot more) and I hit at least 4 blindshots I think for about 1600 damage. 43.75% hitratio with all of those random shots somehow.

 

Interesting how the 2 heavy tanks near the end of the battle do not get spotted by my 450 viewrange. I think that the tree that I pushed over messed with my viewrange? I was really hoping getting 1-2 shots in there but nope I spotted way too late and after I spotted it my position was really bad.

Mobility of this tank is just too low to carry endgame I usually always get pwned endgame by some fast tank. I ended up topdamage this time (team sucked) but it was mostly luck. This game it were 2 heavies but I feel like this tank lacks carry potential. But it's probably me still not understanding this tank.

 

Results are a bit better now that my crew reached 100% and 6th sense from commander that I stole from an old tank but usually I miss so %#$%#$%#$ many shots in this tank. This tank must be cursed but this battle I was like 0.o when I killed 2 enemy tanks at random. The small  gun is awesome for blindshooting though. I do that a lot and often get at least 1 random hit while I camp and wait for scout or some suicider. I will trade optics in for camo net if my crew where to become something useful someday.


Edited by RenamedUser_500802457, 29 March 2019 - 06:22 PM.


TPpie #17 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16230 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 29 March 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

 

 

We had no scouts so I had to blindshoot. I got blindshot myself by Skorp G (was my fault for camping too long I should snapshoot more) and I hit at least 4 blindshots I think for about 1600 damage. 43.75% hitratio with all of those random shots somehow.

 

Interesting how the 2 heavy tanks near the end of the battle do not get spotted by my 450 viewrange. I think that the tree that I pushed over messed with my viewrange? I was really hoping getting 1-2 shots in there but nope I spotted way too late and after I spotted it my position was really bad.

Mobility of this tank is just too low to carry endgame I usually always get pwned endgame by some fast tank. I ended up topdamage this time (team sucked) but it was mostly luck. This game it were 2 heavies but I feel like this tank lacks carry potential. But it's probably me still not understanding this tank.

 

Results are a bit better now that my crew reached 100% and 6th sense from commander that I stole from an old tank but usually I miss so %#$%#$%#$ many shots in this tank. This tank must be cursed but this battle I was like 0.o when I killed 2 enemy tanks at random. The small  gun is awesome for blindshooting though. I do that a lot and often get at least 1 random hit while I camp and wait for scout or some suicider. I will trade optics in for camo net if my crew where to become something useful someday.

Well Imo, Fisherman's Bay isn't the best map for soft-skinned TDs like the RHM due to how passive you have to be.

Second your position wasn't really that great. You should've moved forward towards the bushes near G2 (IIRC), it would've made so the Obj didn't spot you. Alternatively you could go that bush near the church in town, since you were in the south spawn - risky but doable, and more things to shoot at.

Third when you were shooting/poking from the bunker - you weren't actually behind a bush, probably a good reason why you were getting spotted.

The Obj player was also a good player so he was the next reason you were being spotted - It would've better to maybe move away from there because of him to a safer/more bushy area.

The multiple bushes between you and the heavies were likely the reason you couldn't spot them. although it looks like the 50TP took the long way.

 

In the end I think it was the map+your tank augmented by your heavies (whom literally all disintegrated in the town) that cost you the win. I think you could've only played better at most.

In regards to  your misses (which I saw) you snaps shotted right after you just moved - and didnt let aimtime kick in. you may get lucky doing this once in a while but most of the time you'll miss, try waiting atleast a second before firing.

Also do you have server recticle enabled? it can also help with aiming.

 

 

PS, it didn't show in the replay but do you have extended minimap features on? (i.e that show render/viewrange) can be useful.



lnfernaI #18 Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 30879 battles
  • 4,000
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 28 March 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

As you can see, playing with this gun is horrible in open maps and long range engagements.

 

What do you mean? I used to snipe with 15cm on 300m> targets,with relatively moderate accuracy. 


Edited by lnfernaI, 30 March 2019 - 05:36 PM.


UserZer00 #19 Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11925 battles
  • 768
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
So far the only way Ive been able to play it is to click the battle button, get spotted, die and repeat.

Needless to say, this thread interests me.

Also, is there a betting pool on how long they'll let you keep your nickname?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,332
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostlnfernaI, on 30 March 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

What do you mean? I used to snipe with 15cm on 300m> targets,with relatively moderate accuracy. 

 

I am sure you're a better player fluttershy! :girl:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users