Questions re crew and tank discounts & weekend specials

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

krazypenguin #1 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27634 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Questions from a returning player please.

1 - I have four new tier 4 tanks that I want to start grinding so I need about 16 crew trained.  I'm not playing them at anything less than 100% qualified and no way I am paying 200 gold per person.  Do WG still offer reasonably frequent 50% discounts on crew training & retraining? 

2 - Sooner or later I will need to buy four tier 5 tanks.  Years and years ago, when I was a newbie, I always used to wait for 50% discounts on tanks, because they came up very frequently.  Now that the game is more mature and has many more lines, do WG still put a load of mid tier (5) tanks on discount very often?  Once I have unlocked them do you think it's worth waiting for a 50% sale, or will it take too long?  I'm not hugely desperate for credits (got 15 million at the moment) but I am on a standard account so am wary of wasting credits, knowing that I need to grind 4 lines up to tier 7, maybe 8.  Nations I am grinding are Czech, Swedish (med line), Polish & Italian.

3 - Do WG still do Weekend Specials?  I tried googling it but couldn't really find anything later than a few years old.  Is it all missions now?

Cheers for replies.

krazypenguin

TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 47206 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

1.- I think you just missed a crew reset thingy, two weeks ago and they are quite rare nowadays. Most players train to 80% then use the 200/300% crew XP boosters to get them to 100% in a few games

2. - Sorry I've no idea on lower tier tank discounts as i only really care about discounts at T8-10. They are running Fronlines one week every month now and it is a great silver earner. I just buy a prem account for that week and grind my premium tanks in that format. It usually nets me +20mil and then i can slurge away the rest of the month without worrying about income

3. - Yes they do still have week and weekend specials, but again i rarely check them. this weekends special:

https://worldoftanks...fficulty-march/

and it nets you +50% XP ...i assume for you tank

Nice to see another forumite back

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 29 March 2019 - 03:33 PM.

Bracciano_gatto #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2167 battles
1. there is no real need for a 100% crew until tier 5 or maybe 6 in my opinion. Theorically you should get out of tier 4 and 5 pretty fast, just spend 20k/crew to get a 75% crew.

arthurwellsley #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53131 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postkrazypenguin, on 29 March 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Questions from a returning player please.

1 - I have four new tier 4 tanks that I want to start grinding so I need about 16 crew trained.  I'm not playing them at anything less than 100% qualified and no way I am paying 200 gold per person.  Do WG still offer reasonably frequent 50% discounts on crew training & retraining? Yes but you just missed one and I reckon two months and two weeks approximately to the next one.

2 - Sooner or later I will need to buy four tier 5 tanks.  Years and years ago, when I was a newbie, I always used to wait for 50% discounts on tanks, because they came up very frequently.  Now that the game is more mature and has many more lines, do WG still put a load of mid tier (5) tanks on discount very often?  Once I have unlocked them do you think it's worth waiting for a 50% sale, or will it take too long?  I'm not hugely desperate for credits (got 15 million at the moment) but I am on a standard account so am wary of wasting credits, knowing that I need to grind 4 lines up to tier 7, maybe 8.  Nations I am grinding are Czech, Swedish (med line), Polish & Italian. The old 50% sales are a thing of the past for the most part. Nowadays sales of this nature tend to fall under "Tank of the Month". The huge difference this year is that Frontline mode will play for one week duration every four of five weeks. If you have a couple of tier VIII premium tanks and play FL for the one week, you will soon be swiming in silver credits.

3 - Do WG still do Weekend Specials?  I tried googling it but couldn't really find anything later than a few years old.  Is it all missions now? Weekend specials still occurr, they tend to be announced on the portal front page late on a Friday.

Cheers for replies.

krazypenguin

Edited by arthurwellsley, 29 March 2019 - 04:19 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Not that often on crew training etc. And you just missed one. And on tier 5's? Well besides the top of the tree etc. They usually toss a few mid-tier discounts here and there on major events vs just weekend specials. And since WOT's 8 year anniversary is right around the corner. I suspect you might be lucky there. As that's currently set for the 12th to the 15th of April.

chubbysnake #6 Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16230 battles
Heres an announcement with the specials coming in April
https://worldoftanks...eek-april-2019/
Crew is crucial is on 6-8th April. Should have 50% discount on crew trainining/ reset then.
8th anniversary is on 12-15 April. Usually most tanks are discounted this weekend.

krazypenguin #7 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27634 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thanks for everyone's responses - much appreciated!  Looks like I should be able to get the crews sorted within the next few weeks :-)

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 29 March 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

1. there is no real need for a 100% crew until tier 5 or maybe 6 in my opinion. Theorically you should get out of tier 4 and 5 pretty fast, just spend 20k/crew to get a 75% crew.

Eh, I was hoping to get away with it until tier 5 but having played all 4 lines with "stock" crews in tiers 2 and 3 it's just too painful - your spotting range is gimped, the gunner takes too long to aim, the loader takes too long to reload and the tank is slow to accelerate and turn.  It's bad enough being a tier 4 in a tier 6 game with a fully trained crew but without 100% qualification?  No thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users