Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24974 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

What are your unpopular WoT opinions?

Mine are:

• HT no. VI is a good tank, it just gets played by bad players a lot
  • Paris is a decent map
  • Modpacks (legal) like solo's modpack and XVM are a necessity if you want to play gooder
  • Removing All chat and giving the options to mute chat were some of the best decisions WG ever made
  • oldboys in this game have a massive advantage a new players should get some ability to hugely accelerate crew training
  • The StuG IV, while terrible, is workable with a very good crew

r00barb #2 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26025 battles
Arty works.

speedphlux #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46719 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

* There was nothing wrong with the old battle weight MM system
* I like arty that is able to one-shot me or fire AP at me, rather than getting stunned all the time.
* I really like Komarin in all its forms and variants.

* No one can convince me that the Hellcat is not OP

* I miss the winter map that had the StrumTiger hidden in a garage on it ... Forgot the name.
* Northwest was a decent map and I have no idea why they removed it.

* Abbey needs to die !
* People that fire premium ammo are normal human beings and I actually enjoy it when people fire that at me. HEAT in particular. Gives me the chance to absorb it with my tracks, rather then to die from an ammorack.

Dorander #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20369 battles
Every game of World of Tanks is enjoyable, fair and balanced.

Bracciano_gatto #5 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2506 battles
This is just a game.

krazypenguin #6 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27666 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I have two:

1 - Passive scouting is still a thing and is fun

2 - IS-6 is still a fun tank to play and when your premium AP ammo doesn't have enough pen, i.e. always, just use HE instead for a) at least some damage and b) lots of delicious critical hits which you know must really annoy the enemy.  Even funnier when you get the odd HE full pen that does over 500 damage.

PowJay #7 Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38236 battles

View PostRenesco, on 29 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Mine are:

• Paris is a decent map
  • Modpacks (legal) like solo's modpack and XVM are a necessity if you want to play gooder
  • Removing All chat and giving the options to mute chat were some of the best decisions WG ever made
  • oldboys in this game have a massive advantage a new players should get some ability to hugely accelerate crew training
  • The StuG IV, while terrible, is workable with a very good crew1

1. A lot of Premiums are played by bad players. If the tier VI Tiger is as good as its tier VII counterpart but with the historical gun, then it shouldn't be bad, but I'd carry premium ammo.

2. Paris is not a decent map, but a lot of that- like many maps- is the way it is played. However: that fact that no-one seems to know how to play it well seems to suggest it is certainly not intuitive and straightforward. Like all maps, the chief complaint I have is when they all come around too often.

3. Mods are not essential, but they add things that WG should add or improve in the standard client.

4. Removing all-chat was definitely one of THE BEST decisions ever and the only way it could be satisfactorily altered is to prevent dead players from communicating with the enemy team but allowing live players to do so (hopefully preventing position revealing).

5. I worked hard to get my crews where they are, and I don't see why anyone who chooses to rush to tier X with a 50% crew and no extended skills should get any advantages.

6. The StuG IV is not a terrible TD. As my stats show I am not awful with it, but the damage that I have compared to my other tier V TDs- and consider that it does not see tier VII- is not reflected in the win rate. However, the last times I took it out it would have been with a three/four-skill female crew and I still lose and lose and lose. The teams I get with it are abysmal.

The lowest win rate of all of my tier V TDs despite having the third lowest damage. (two with lower average damage have positive win rates) That damage is also more significant because it is only against tier VI max!

My unpopular opinion is that there is nothing wrong with playing lower tiers. (III upwards) because there are plenty of idiots with a couple of thousand games ruining higher tiers and there are plenty of experienced players ready to hand you your backside on a plate in the lower tiers.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
Never thought the irish were that cunning!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32464 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
The opinion of everyone is equally valid. 

Renesco #10 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24974 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 March 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

The opinion of everyone is equally valid. 

Disgusting!

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 March 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Never thought the irish were that cunning!

We're basically sneakier hobbits

View Postkrazypenguin, on 29 March 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

I have two:

1 - Passive scouting is still a thing and is fun

2 - IS-6 is still a fun tank to play and when your premium AP ammo doesn't have enough pen, i.e. always, just use HE instead for a) at least some damage and b) lots of delicious critical hits which you know must really annoy the enemy.  Even funnier when you get the odd HE full pen that does over 500 damage.

I found myself passive spotting while botton tier in a TD a lot lately and racking up 2,000 or 3,000 spotting damage in Ikv 65 and Nashorn sometimes. It's pretty powerful if you have the willpower not to shoot

View PostPowJay, on 29 March 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

My unpopular opinion is that there is nothing wrong with playing lower tiers. (III upwards) because there are plenty of idiots with a couple of thousand games ruining higher tiers and there are plenty of experienced players ready to hand you your backside on a plate in the lower tiers.

I would agree, I often play low tiers in crew-trainer premiums and do enjoy it except when I meet some 60% WR guy in a PZ 1 C, that's never fun

Jigabachi #11 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
- Arty isn't as much of a problem as the whiners claim and indirect damage is perfectly fine when properly balanced.
- When you are looking for teamplay, chances are very high that neither red, nor purple players will provide that.
- When I see the nonsense that some people write here and how they write it, I sometimes wish for some kind of birth control to limit the damage. (No, not aimed at the OP. He is a troll and all, but he isn't that dumb, I think.)

gpalsson #12 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 24477 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRenesco, on 29 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Mine are:

• Paris is a decent map
  • The StuG IV, while terrible, is workable with a very good crew

Hmm ok here are mine:

• HT no. VI is probably OK, too bad that playing in tier 6 isn't
  • Paris is a decent map
  • XVM is cancer and won't make you better
  • Removing enemy chat was good and they should remove general chat from garage too.
  • New players are fcked and will continue to be fcked for 5k battles until they finally understand that WoT is a P2W game and start paying.
  • All low tier tanks are terrible because low tiers are terrible

Here are some more of my own:

• Wheelies are fun and good for the game
  • WG are sometimes doing an OK job with some things if they aren't too complicated.
  • The game is much better now than it was 5 years ago
  • Moderation on this forum is great.

Ok ok the last one was a joke. Moderation is quite terrible.

edit: a word

Edited by gpalsson, 29 March 2019 - 07:58 PM.

Laatikkomafia #13 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23102 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Komarin was a decent map.

SuNo_TeSLa #14 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42932 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
Paris is a decent map :O

CraftyVeteran #15 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6443 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
heavy babies don't camp....

unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19373 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Rush Rating is the only genuine measure of skill. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:50 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17525 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postspeedphlux, on 29 March 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

* I miss the winter map that had the StrumTiger hidden in a garage on it ... Forgot the name.

Severogorsk I believe?

I don't know if they're unpopular opinions but three I can think of (all modding related essentially):

-I would gladly hold adding new tanks into the game and focus on balancing existing ones. At the same time I would like them to work on fixing the quality of HD Models like the T-54/T-55A. There are a few others with questionable quality, but none stand out so much to me as those

-the customisation system is great, but horribly underused. More camos should utilise transparency, paints should cost less and styles should incorporate paints more to really make them stand out. Instead, as it is, most of the focus seems to be on the horrible unhistorical stuff rather than using it with historical stuff (did you know the T-34S Can use paint? However it's unique style literally uses a generic dark green colour for all three seasons)

-more camos should be added for nations like Czechoslovakia, Poland, Japan, Sweden and China. I'm sure there are more we can use. Similarly, I believe styles similar to the NY Styles for the Grille 15, BC 25t, T57 Heavy and IS-7 Should be added. I would love some styles that just offer an alternate visual on stuff like the Tigers and Panthers. Remember the T-54/T-55A Mentioned above? Why not a T-54AM Style or T-55M1? I would totally be into even just "battle-hardened" styles for tanks to add stowage to some of the tanks that look "clean" like the E5 (since tajj mentioned it in the Marks thread).

SoupFork #18 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10072 battles
I'm the best player on the Eu server.

CyberRage #19 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT

Komarin was a fun map.

High tier needs big view range nerfs.

Blubba #20 Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 57981 battles

1: Suiciding artillery isn't half as bad as people think it is in comparison to other classes.

2: P2W means P2W and not 'pay to progress' or 'pay to hide behind a pay wall'.

3: Playing low tier premiums in general does not specifically make a seal clubber.

4: Some tanks are still balance breaking across various tiers.

5: WoT is just a game.

6: XVM should be banned or team rosters should not be revealed until spotted.

7: WG should prioritise balancing their product and refining it rather than new content.

8: WG should employ more native English speakers to proof read announcements or reply to tickets and by native, I mean people with a grasp of their own vocabulary. I can't speak for other languages but I'd be surprised if it's any different for them.

9: WG should make more effort to either not promise something or stand by the promises/statements they make.

10: We have threads created by officials for feedback. There should be some official response every now and then in them otherwise it just becomes a slugfest for the same old posters.

10b: Premium rounds should be limited in number rather than performance as all that will happen is you'll fire more of them so you'll need more earning potential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users