8 replies to this topic

Soniqueta #1 Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 658 battles
  • [OGW] OGW

Heya All..!!

A returning player here with a tech issue;

I´m experiencing huge fps drops (with VS on: from 60 to 10 and with VS off: from 100+ to 10 also..)

My FPS frequently drops drastically destroying game play. When this happens the sounds also stutters like crazy.

Ping is always in the green.

My specs:

(laptop)

Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-55W9

i5-8250U (1.6Ghz with turbo 3.4Ghz) (4 cores)

Nvidia GeForce MX150 (2GB VRAM)

8gb DDR4 ram

250gb SSD

Monitor: attached through HDMI cable: 23.8inch BenQ GW2480 (full hd / IPS) (laptop screen turned off)

Windows: W10 home (1809 / 17763.379)

Nvidia GeForce 419.35 (dx12)

Antivirus: standard W10 integrated av.

Antimalware: Malwarebytes + CCleaner

Mouse: Logitech Gaming Softeware 9.00.42

In game temps: CPU: 60c-65c / GPU: 50c-60c

No background apps or browsers running. / No mods installed.

Read lots of posts on the internet but no solutions founds..

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated..!!

:)

jack_timber #2 Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37419 battles

Do you use wi-fi?

If you do try cable, one less thing to "cross off".

Soniqueta #3 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 658 battles
  • [OGW] OGW

View Postjack_timber, on 30 March 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Do you use wi-fi?

If you do try cable, one less thing to "cross off".

I do, but wouldn't that be lag related instead of fps related? Anyways, I only suffer FPS drops in WoT and in no other game that I play..

jack_timber #4 Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37419 battles

Used to use wi-fi when had laptop and even though I had a 'good' signal/connection still used to get FPS stutters.

Switched to cable and all FPS/connection issues disappeared.

Maybe worth a try even if it's only for a few battles.

Homer_J #5 Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Is this a laptop with two video systems?  If so make sure it's using the GEForce.

Quit a few people have found it defaults to using the onboard video.

_Patrol #6 Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 39840 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE

+ uninstall KB4482887

https://www.ghacks.net/2019/03/07/kb4482887-for-windows-10-1809-causes-game-performance-issues/

SuedKAT #7 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Patrol, on 01 April 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4482887/windows-10-update-kb4482887

After installing KB4482887, users may notice graphics and mouse performance degradation with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2.

-This issue is resolved in KB4489899-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489899/windows-10-update-kb4489899

• Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.

However it does not mention any other games that may have been affected so it's hard to tell if there is still games affected by it.

Regarding OP's issue: I would have a look at your drivers etc and check so everything is up to date, there have been a lot of issues related to audio drivers recently so especially make sure those are updated, same goes for any software related to audio. Another thing I would have a look at is overlays, stuff like Discord overlay, Nvidia overlay etc disable all similar things, also you wrote DX12 after your drivers, WoT utilize DirectX 9.0c so I would grab this and install that along side your current DX installation, in case the first one don't work grab the second one, it's basically a huge pack of DX legacy stuff that most older games require to run:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Soniqueta #8 Posted 07 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 658 battles
  • [OGW] OGW

View Postjack_timber, on 01 April 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Used to use wi-fi when had laptop and even though I had a 'good' signal/connection still used to get FPS stutters.

Switched to cable and all FPS/connection issues disappeared.

Maybe worth a try even if it's only for a few battles.

Ok, I will surely keep this in mind although I still recon that if Wifi was the cause I assume I would had noticed it also at other games, right?
15:01 Added after 3 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 01 April 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Is this a laptop with two video systems?  If so make sure it's using the GEForce.

Quit a few people have found it defaults to using the onboard video.

Yep, indeed its a laptop with 2 GPU´s although I have the GeForce MX150 set as default in Win10 and GeForce Experience and never suffered the issue of games switching to my integrated Intel GPU. As far as I know WoT doesn´t provide a in-game option to force this, right? I assume if this was the case I would notice it through constant extreme low fps?
15:03 Added after 5 minutes

View Post_Patrol, on 01 April 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Atm I´m running KB4490481
15:12 Added after 15 minutes

View PostSuedKAT, on 02 April 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4482887/windows-10-update-kb4482887

After installing KB4482887, users may notice graphics and mouse performance degradation with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2.

-This issue is resolved in KB4489899-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4489899/windows-10-update-kb4489899

• Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.

However it does not mention any other games that may have been affected so it's hard to tell if there is still games affected by it.

Regarding OP's issue: I would have a look at your drivers etc and check so everything is up to date, there have been a lot of issues related to audio drivers recently so especially make sure those are updated, same goes for any software related to audio. Another thing I would have a look at is overlays, stuff like Discord overlay, Nvidia overlay etc disable all similar things, also you wrote DX12 after your drivers, WoT utilize DirectX 9.0c so I would grab this and install that along side your current DX installation, in case the first one don't work grab the second one, it's basically a huge pack of DX legacy stuff that most older games require to run:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Regarding drivers; I´m running latest Win10 (1809 / KB4490481) and Nvidia GeForce (419.67) updates. According the Intel Driver and Support Assistant all drivers should be up to date.

Regarding your comment towards audio drivers; I´m running a Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) driver: 6.0.1.8555 / driver date: 16.10.18. It should be the most downloadable up to date driver. However every time my FPS drops and start stuttering like crazy I first hear the audio like crashing. It´s feels like to audio goes berserk causing the FPS shuttering but this is just my impression I can´t prove this; maybe its just the other way around: the FPS drops causing the audio to shutter. Can you provide me some info regarding the known audio issues please? Maybe there is something there that I can use?

All overlays are deactivated when playing WoT.

I just installed the DirectX package you suggested. It just unzipping the package, running the setup.exe and it automatically installs the drivers I assume? I just did that but my system keeps telling me that I´m tuning ver12 but I guess that´s normal. I will fire up WoT and let you guys know if the FPS shuttering has stabilized.

Tx for all the feedback, much appreciated!

Edited by Soniqueta, 07 April 2019 - 04:41 PM.

SuedKAT #9 Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSoniqueta, on 07 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

Regarding drivers; I´m running latest Win10 (1809 / KB4490481) and Nvidia GeForce (419.67) updates. According the Intel Driver and Support Assistant all drivers should be up to date.

Regarding your comment towards audio drivers; I´m running a Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) driver: 6.0.1.8555 / driver date: 16.10.18. It should be the most downloadable up to date driver. However every time my FPS drops and start stuttering like crazy I first hear the audio like crashing. It´s feels like to audio goes berserk causing the FPS shuttering but this is just my impression I can´t prove this; maybe its just the other way around: the FPS drops causing the audio to shutter. Can you provide me some info regarding the known audio issues please? Maybe there is something there that I can use?

All overlays are deactivated when playing WoT.

I just installed the DirectX package you suggested. It just unzipping the package, running the setup.exe and it automatically installs the drivers I assume? I just did that but my system keeps telling me that I´m tuning ver12 but I guess that´s normal. I will fire up WoT and let you guys know if the FPS shuttering has stabilized.

Tx for all the feedback, much appreciated!

KB4490481 applied some sound related fixes and since that update was released after your initial post it might have addressed some of your issues. The latest Realtek driver is actually 6.0.1.8668 however that might not be compatible with your laptop at the moment since you most likely need to wait until Acer produce some OEM drivers suited for your laptop and the other stuff Acer have put on it, however 8555 sounds awfully old even for Acer. Personally since I use multiple systems and OS both at home and at work I utilize Snappy Driver Installer ( https://sdi-tool.org/ -) to save time. I've downloaded the lite version and just the indexes to tell me what I'm missing rather than every driver possible, so when I got a driver that's out of date it looks like this (the popup info appear when you hover the mouse over the driver):

You can create a restore point and download the driver straight from there or just use it as a pointer to what drivers your missing and go to the official sites and get them there instead depending on what you prefer. 

There have been multiple threads with people having sound issues, however all of them have been resolved by either updating drivers and/or updating sound related software like Nahimic or Sonic Studio, both come bundled with many drivers but at times you need to grab the newest version from the official site. I'm using Nahimic my self but I had to manually grab the latest version 2.5.31 (there is a 3.0 branch but that's not compatible with my laptop) since the older version I was using before had severe compatibility issues with WoT.

Yeah when you unzip the DX "legacy" driver it should just be to run the setup and install it, however when you run DXDiag it still say that you're using DX12 but now you also have support for DX9.0c.

Edit: Got rid of the damn auto generated smiley :P

Edited by SuedKAT, 07 April 2019 - 07:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users