• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Hello :)

i Think most of you know that WG don't nerf premium tanks because their customers would get mad and saying: ''i did not pay for this'' and would ask for a refund.

all that WG has promised ( I CANT NOT CONFIRM THAT THEY HAVE, AS I MY SELF HAVE NEVER HEARD OF WG SAYING THIS: ) ''we will never again sell this tank'' because its OP.

My solution to this problem is: when you now are done selling your OBJ.252U's, you cant nerf them because customers would get mad, i would get mad.

but what you can do is: nerf the tank that you are going to sell,

make a OBJ.252U(2) or OBJ252V

Defender to Attacker or something like that.

now you are selling the same pixel but with nerfed stats and those who bought the tank while it was OP are happy and can play their OP tank, while those who did not buy it can only get their hands on the nerfed version of the tank and they cant complain as they paid for the nerfed tank and everyone else will be happy.

i get to keep my OP OBJ.252U, others can buy the nerfed version and the number of OP tanks in battles will no rise after the nerf. :)

Homer_J #2 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Buff everything else.

The_Naa #3 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostHomer_J, on 29 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Buff everything else.

works and proofs my money milking scheme if it does happen.

RenamedUser_50080245721 #4 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 March 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

while those who did not buy it can only get their hands on the nerfed version of the tank and they cant complain as they paid for the nerfed tank and everyone else will be happy.

Actually I will complain. Because if other people can drive a unnerfed tank and I can't (and can never buy it) then that is imo unfair on the battlefield. I have no chance to drive one myself nor to learn how that tank works.

Also I would never buy a nerfed Defender lol. Well maybe if it would cost like 2$. The only reason to buy a Defender if you already own an IS3 is because: IT IS MUCH STRONGER (and makes more credits/xp).

Buffing everything else feels a bit less painful as compared to nerfing a 40-80$ tank that you bought.

The_Naa #5 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 29 March 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Actually I will complain. Because if other people can drive a unnerfed tank and I can't (and can never buy it) then that is imo unfair on the battlefield. I have no chance to drive one myself nor to learn how that tank works.

Also I would never buy a nerfed Defender lol. Well maybe if it would cost like 2$. The only reason to buy a Defender if you already own an IS3 is because: IT IS MUCH STRONGER (and makes more credits/xp).

Buffing everything else feels a bit less painful as compared to nerfing a 40-80$ tank that you bought.

but if WG would hold on to their ''promises'' of never selling defender again you would not be able to buy it anyway.

Homer_J #6 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 March 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

but if WG would hold on to their ''promises'' of never selling defender again you would not be able to buy it anyway.

*Checks premium shop.*

I'm not sure they actually said never.  It was more along the lines of "no current plans".

The_Naa #7 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostHomer_J, on 29 March 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

*Checks premium shop.*

I'm not sure they actually said never.  It was more along the lines of "no current plans".

yeah i noticed it and as i said i myself have never heard of WG saying they would not sell a particular tank again.

could be rumors or lies for all that i know

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18476 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostHomer_J, on 29 March 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

*Checks premium shop.*

No problems against selling them (there are plenty of those already and SH/CWs are pretty much KIA, so who cares). Besides, with the amount of high alpha and high pen TDs in the queue, this is simply more food for Skorpions, ISUs, WZs, etc.

But WG, must you really sell this thing for NINE days? Can't it just be the weekend? Also... 40 euro? No bundle-only offer as crowd control? Honestly...

Edited by Rilleta, 29 March 2019 - 09:44 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Nerfing premiums happened before and could happen again same as refunding people for nerfing their premiums (super pershing). My guess is most of this money won't leave anyway. It'll just be reused on some other product.

The symptoms we're currently experiencing with some "bad" premiums are the sign of a scared and greedy management. If the developers team made a mistake and this threatens my future income or market share, management should own that crap and make the right decision not just sweep it under the "OMG, we just can't nerf premiums!".

RenamedUser_50080245721 #10 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 March 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Yes and I complained about that lol. But now it is for sale but now I complain about it being too expensive haha. I guess I'm an annoying customer.

Fr33nzyFighter #11 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17178 battles
  • [G0D_S] G0D_S

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 March 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Hello :)

i Think most of you know that WG don't nerf premium tanks because their customers would get mad and saying: ''i did not pay for this'' and would ask for a refund.

all that WG has promised ( I CANT NOT CONFIRM THAT THEY HAVE, AS I MY SELF HAVE NEVER HEARD OF WG SAYING THIS: ) ''we will never again sell this tank'' because its OP.

My solution to this problem is: when you now are done selling your OBJ.252U's, you cant nerf them because customers would get mad, i would get mad.

but what you can do is: nerf the tank that you are going to sell,

make a OBJ.252U(2) or OBJ252V

Defender to Attacker or something like that.

now you are selling the same pixel but with nerfed stats and those who bought the tank while it was OP are happy and can play their OP tank, while those who did not buy it can only get their hands on the nerfed version of the tank and they cant complain as they paid for the nerfed tank and everyone else will be happy.

i get to keep my OP OBJ.252U, others can buy the nerfed version and the number of OP tanks in battles will no rise after the nerf. :)

Lol, i have the Defender and the IS-3A, you know why i got them? To kill others that have no chance in hell to pen me, i bought it because it is OP, hell, i have 30 something T8 premium tanks, i can make money and xp in any of them, i want the tank because its better than others, and no, i dont complain when i meet it, im no unicum but i can deal with them, all those hypocrites claiming it should'nt be sold, etc, etc, why the hell you have it for? You do have other premiums!

Homer_J #12 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 March 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

yeah i noticed it and as i said i myself have never heard of WG saying they would not sell a particular tank again.

could be rumors or lies for all that i know

Someone already dug up the official statement in another thread and it was "no plans for now".

The_Naa #13 Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostFr33nzyFighter, on 29 March 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Lol, i have the Defender and the IS-3A, you know why i got them? To kill others that have no chance in hell to pen me, i bought it because it is OP, hell, i have 30 something T8 premium tanks, i can make money and xp in any of them, i want the tank because its better than others, and no, i dont complain when i meet it, im no unicum but i can deal with them, all those hypocrites claiming it should'nt be sold, etc, etc, why the hell you have it for? You do have other premiums!

i have it because its one of the hew soviet tanks that actually looks good and the fact that its a good tank makes it even more desirable.

but there are players who wants OBJ.252U nerfed and i dont want that, so i came up with this solution.

Strizi #14 Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40086 battles
Buff every non premium tank (except most russians and other overperformers like sc) by 10% or whatever is needed. Then buff the trash premiums like panther 88 and game is somewhat balanced but wg doesnt care.

PervyPastryPuffer #15 Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32757 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

They should just nerf the broken premiums and tell the unhappy customers to kindly sod off and deal with it because it's a change towards a better future for the game.

You could argue: Playing "broken" tanks means you'll probably get a lotta gold spammed at you! When's the last time you saw anybody firing gold ammo at, for example, the Indien Panzer? :D

There should be a law regarding premium tanks - "Premium vehicles' statistics are subject to change for game-balancing purposes and cannot be refunded. Purchase at your own leisure."

PROBLEM SOLVED gimme a medal...

Balc0ra #16 Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

See... it won't change the issue with the old Defenders. And no one wants to buy a nefed version of it. Depending on what they nerf. As if it's the armor and a paper lower plate as an example. No one would care about it for it to matter I suspect. 

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 30 March 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

They should just nerf the broken premiums and tell the unhappy customers to kindly sod off and deal with it because it's a change towards a better future for the game.

Then you have a new issue. You might be happy with it.  But you won't have many to be happy with. As I suspect 50+% would leave the game rather fast, and more later. Even if they did not own any tank that was nerfed. As then you can't trust WG on anything you buy, so who knows with the rest you own. And most don't want to spend money on it anymore ever. Or even play the game. 

I mean would you be happy if they nerfed your Type 62 to make it work for the current +2 MM and not the old scout MM it had. But slapping the DPM down by 400 and the reload from 5 to 7 seconds. And worse aim time and 20m less view range to match other tier 7 lights. You can honestly say you would stay and keep spending, buying new perms and playing if they did that? 

The_Naa #17 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 March 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

See... it won't change the issue with the old Defenders. And no one wants to buy a nefed version of it. Depending on what they nerf. As if it's the armor and a paper lower plate as an example. No one would care about it for it to matter I suspect. 

Yes it wont but i think it would be better to nerf the New models than it is to sell more of the old ones

You have for example 100 og OBJ.252U owners and some of them might sell the tank because they did not like it, and some of them might stop playing it or the game because wheeled tanks, arty, gold spam...

In the end you have around 60-75 players only playing the OBJ.252U, but if WG keeps selling the unnerfed variant the numbers only rise, we might have 200 players with OBJ.252U's

Edited by The_Naa, 30 March 2019 - 11:51 AM.

RaxipIx #18 Posted 30 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32892 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 30 March 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

You could argue: Playing "broken" tanks means you'll probably get a lotta gold spammed at you! When's the last time you saw anybody firing gold ammo at, for example, the Indien Panzer? :D

There should be a law regarding premium tanks - "Premium vehicles' statistics are subject to change for game-balancing purposes and cannot be refunded. Purchase at your own leisure."

PROBLEM SOLVED gimme a medal...

Problem might be solved for some, but for WG it's not going to be a problem solved, it can actually make them go broke. If they do that, people can have legit  grounds for charge back .

I can argue to PayPal  for ex that WG changed  the product that i bought. Why do you think the pref MM premium tank changes got scrapped?

Yes the account then would be closed, but the money for the tank/ or many tanks  would be credited back to me.

DeadLecter #19 Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28893 battles
There was a time when premium tanks used to be weaker than Tech tree tanks and I'm sure you all know it. But as time passed WG had to sell better and better tanks. So now the result is premium tanks that are far far better than Tech tree tanks. Recently they put Defender on sale again and from what I have seen in randoms it was a failure. Those who wanted Defender have already bought it. WG needs to make money and this is scary because when selling Defender doesn't cut it, you can only imagine what will happen to future premium tanks. T8s with TX guns and TX armor that one shot tech tree T8s all to make people spend money on the game and gain advantage over others. Lorr 40t, Skorp G, E25, Defender, Lowe, and almost all other premiums outperfom tech tree tanks and just look at randoms MM or FL MM. See how many premium tanks are there. Just wait for it. Future T8s will powercreep Defender and even thinking about is scary.

RenamedUser_555746413 #20 Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3108 battles
global rebalance from patch 10.0 simples

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users