Jump to content


Upcoming nerf for FV4005 Stage II


  • Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Poll: Upcoming nerf for FV4005 Stage II (294 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is it necessary?

  1. Yes (127 votes [43.20%])

    Percentage of vote: 43.20%

  2. No (167 votes [56.80%])

    Percentage of vote: 56.80%

Vote Hide poll

Sowa_95 #1 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26679 battles
  • 95
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

Is it really necessary to nerf FV? I dont have this tank, I'm not even close. But in my opinion, they should leave it alone. It's not OP by any means. Sure, you can get one shoted, but how often does it happen?

The tank has literally nothing that stands out, apart from the gun, which is already trollish. What do you guys think?



krismorgan #2 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34762 battles
  • 495
  • [UKT] UKT
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013
I dont have one but voted no because as you say its not that big of a problem.

DangerMouse #3 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 28052 battles
  • 982
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010
Still find 268v4 more of an issue.

Japualtah #4 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29810 battles
  • 1,117
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

One-shots are bad game design.



Sowa_95 #5 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26679 battles
  • 95
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View Postjaptank, on 30 March 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

One-shots are bad game design.

 

Why so?



VarzA #6 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24544 battles
  • 1,753
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    06-17-2011

View PostSowa_95, on 30 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Is it really necessary to nerf FV? I dont have this tank, I'm not even close. But in my opinion, they should leave it alone. It's not OP by any means. Sure, you can get one shoted, but how often does it happen?

The tank has literally nothing that stands out, apart from the gun, which is already trollish. What do you guys think?

 

I think it is necessary, but not like this.

 

I think they should have buffed pen on HESH but kept the damage lower, something like 1300 HP, 280mm of HESH pen.



DantePerez #7 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12941 battles
  • 212
  • [GOT] GOT
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
It's necessary but i feel like they went too far with the nerfing. Now the shitbarn will be an actual shitbarn and nobody will play it anymore

DeadLecter #8 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
Well it's not OP, it's broken. Shooting someone for 2k damage is just bad bad game design. I have it and admit it's both P2W and broken.

Sowa_95 #9 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26679 battles
  • 95
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostDantePerez, on 30 March 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

It's necessary but i feel like they went too far with the nerfing. Now the shitbarn will be an actual shitbarn and nobody will play it anymore

 

Even now you don't see them too often. It's a good tank for lols (I think) but nothing more.

If one shots are not cool, should WG disable ammoracks as well?

 

btw I thought the community is unanimous, but I was wrong. Interesting.


Edited by Sowa_95, 30 March 2019 - 11:37 AM.


Strizi #10 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40086 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
They should remove the stupid hesh too.

RenamedUser_50080245721 #11 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10978 battles
  • 481
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

It's not op at all. That tank is slow, sluggish, bad aim, paper armor, ~29sec reload, etc. etc. I mean I rather get hit by the FV4005 than by the JGPZE100 because there is a chance that the 4005 does no damage. This tank has never been a problem for me in battle. I have more problems with certain other tanks...

 

Also there is this: Did you ever try shooting a HE shell back at it's 14mm armor? JGPZE100 has also 1400HE damage vs 14mm armor meaning the FV4005 can also be oneshot by some tanks as well. It goes both ways at high tiers. Or arty hitting it. Even a tiny scout can HE spam this thing to death.


Edited by RenamedUser_500802457, 30 March 2019 - 11:43 AM.


SlyMeerkat #12 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17585 battles
  • 2,691
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Indifferent 

Suurpolskija #13 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:55 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20950 battles
  • 1,752
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

Where are the sources for these nerfs we see on the forums lately? 

 

On topic, I don't like one shotting so I don't like s**tbarns either. There's almost 1-2 per side every game on tier x and it makes the already campy tier x gameplay even more so. 



DeadLecter #14 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016

View PostRenamedUser_500802457, on 30 March 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

It's not op at all. That tank is slow, sluggish, bad aim, paper armor, ~29sec reload, etc. etc. I mean I rather get hit by the FV4005 than by the JGPZE100 because there is a chance that the 4005 does no damage. This tank has never been a problem for me in battle. I have more problems with certain other tanks...

 

Also there is this: Did you ever try shooting a HE shell back at it's 14mm armor? JGPZE100 has also 1400HE damage vs 14mm armor meaning the FV4005 can also be oneshot by some tanks as well. It goes both ways at high tiers. Or arty hitting it. Even a tiny scout can HE spam this thing to death.

 

Actually it is not slow or sluggish. Aim time is OK considering the caliber. And the reload  with vent, rammer and BiA is 24 seconds if you take food then 23 seconds. And a good FV driver does damage with every shell. In this tank you wait for an opportunity and you take it. And if case you have forgotten, it has 10 degrees of gun depression and a 180 degree turret. 

Edited by DeadLecter, 30 March 2019 - 11:57 AM.


m00h #15 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 87339 battles
  • 1,456
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    09-30-2011

The thing with tanks like FV4005 or 183 is, they are not overpowered but still broken.

 

If you ask me, they should just remove it completely and do something else. As you won't

get into a situation where it's balanced + fun to play. The result of this value tweaking will be:

You have a tank that is shitty, bloody annoying to play, and still broken...



WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18452 battles
  • 2,912
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostSowa_95, on 30 March 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

Why so?

 

Old arty

Obsessive_Compulsive #17 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:04 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28622 battles
  • 8,443
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostDeadLecter, on 30 March 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

 

Actually it is not slow or sluggish. Aim time is OK considering the caliber. And the reload  with vent, rammer and BiA is 24 seconds if you take food then 23 seconds. And a good FV driver does damage with every shell. In this tank you wait for an opportunity and you take it. And if case you have forgotten, it has 10 degrees of gun depression and a 180 degree turret. 

 

consider every tier 10 in the game and tell me where on the slow and sluggish scale FV4005 sits. Relative perspective is important! is the FV one of the faster vehicles? are you a politician?

tajj7 #18 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27070 battles
  • 14,656
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Really they need to tackle the alpha of these tanks, that is what is broken and why they will always struggle to balance them. But considering they are annoying and there are lots of them currently in the tier 10 meta I think changes that put people of playing them is a good thing IMO.

 

Too many of these tanks just ruins games, its a bit like 3 arty, there are so limited amount of routes on maps that 2-3 FV4005s in a team can mean that your team just doesn't want to push because there are sniping tanks that can one shot people, and thus the gameplay becomes stale and campy. 



Sowa_95 #19 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 26679 battles
  • 95
  • [1PAPD] 1PAPD
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostRilleta, on 30 March 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

 

Old arty

 

Yeah, but explain why its a bad game design. What do you mean by that? There are still ammoracks in the game, which results in "one shot". In other games you have headshots as well.

FatigueGalaxy #20 Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View Postm00h, on 30 March 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

The thing with tanks like FV4005 or 183 is, they are not overpowered but still broken.

 

If you ask me, they should just remove it completely and do something else. As you won't

get into a situation where it's balanced + fun to play. The result of this value tweaking will be:

You have a tank that is shitty, bloody annoying to play, and still broken...

Remove HESH, reduce HE damage and reduce AP damage to ~850-900 (dpm stays the same). Here you go - slightly derpier TDs but with semi-turrets and higher alpha compared to their 750 alpha counterparts. Tbh, even with current alpha they are somewhat ok, because you take 1k damage but you can punish them a lot during their reload. And there is still a possibility for a bounce, a miss or a tracking zero damage shot which screws them a lot.

It's just that alpha is unhealthy to the game and makes them annoying to play because if you fail to do damage, you are screwed (which is another reason why HESH is preferred choice since it always does damage). Lower alpha would make them more balanced and more flexible.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users