WG has a funny way of balancing tanks.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

DeadLecter #1 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28812 battles

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but if you look at it this way you might see my point. Type 5 gets a nerf. A huge and well deserved one. But WG has no real plan to balance the tank. Yes it has an armor that's tough against standard ammo and paper against premium ammo.

It had a stupid HE gun which was the only thing that made grinding it worth it. Now the HE gun has been nerfed and you will have to trade 250~300 alpha against heavy tanks that can shoot you 2~3 times with their gold ammo. And the HESH ammo is a joke. Who are you going to pen with 192 mm pen? Which means we have to go with 14 cm gun. Now WG has added 3 mm to the standard rounds and 8 mm to premium rounds.

Now let's compare this tank with E100. E100 has a lower plate that get's penned with standard rounds. To get a reliable pen in the turret you need gold. Type 5 gets penned everywhere with gold. E100 has better mobility, far better HEAT rounds, better alpha and ironically better HE shells now. Is there any reason to choose Type 5 over E100 now? After premium ammo nerf E100 will have lower damage and so will Type 5. Still E100 gets 334 HEAT shells vs 290 AP shells. No brainer, E100 wins.

This is WG's strategy now. If there are two tanks (that are no from USSR) who are identical but one is apparently worse than the other one, instead of buffing or changing the one that's weak, nerf the hell out of the other tank. Like 30B and Leo 1.

WG can't nerf premium tanks because then they would have hundreds of angry customers. What about tech tree tanks? We invested time and our life to grind a tank and now we are being delivered something else. I want to get all the XP back. In fact every time WG changes a tank, the player should be allowed to choose to whether keep the tank or get the XP back. This is not the tank I grinded. Not what I spent my time for. And I want all that XP back. 

Edited by DeadLecter, 31 March 2019 - 07:47 AM.

cro001 #2 Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31982 battles

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 31 March 2019 - 09:34 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

Dorander #3 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

DeadLecter #4 Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28812 battles

View Postcro001, on 31 March 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Edited

View PostDorander, on 31 March 2019 - 01:34 AM, said:

Edited

You two are the perfect example why the entire player base is horrible. Always taking a discussion to the sidelines. Never discussing the matter at hand. And never being constructive. If what I have said is stupid then enlighten me. If you are not comfortable with my writing style then don't bother to comment. No one asked you to, no one forced you to. And honestly if you can't contribute, it's better if you just stay quiet. It's not your job to comment on every post saying irrelevant stuff. I used to be like you two and I am changing myself. If I find something stupid, I either try to be constructive or not say anything at all. I suggest you to do the same.

FrantisekBascovansky #5 Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19313 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 31 March 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

You two are the perfect example why the entire player base is horrible. Always taking a discussion to the sidelines. Never discussing the matter at hand. And never being constructive. If what I have said is stupid then enlighten me. If you are not comfortable with my writing style then don't bother to comment. No one asked you to, no one forced you to. And honestly if you can't contribute, it's better if you just stay quiet. It's not your job to comment on every post saying irrelevant stuff. I used to be like you two and I am changing myself. If I find something stupid, I either try to be constructive or not say anything at all. I suggest you to do the same.

welcome to WOT forum

Dorander #6 Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 30 March 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

So basically, in your attempts to better yourself and show how much of a better poster you are than other people, you go off-topic in your own thread to write a personal attack against those people which consists of faulty generalizations? Good job on the "be constructive or not say anything at all" effort.

If you think I don't discuss "the matter at hand" and am "never constructive" you either haven't read my posts or don't agree with my arguments. I frequently discuss topics, but I do so when they consider facts which are worth discussing, not pointless tallies of personal preferences, off-topic remarks irrelevant to gameplay, or the results of outlandish imagination. Subsequently far from commenting on every post, I skip most of the threads on this forum section. Sometimes when a topic is irrelevant but funny, it gets a lighthearted comment.

I did not say that what you said was stupid. I didn't read it because it's a clump of text that appears to be a single run-on argument that jumps from one statistic to another. If you have a point you wish to discuss, making your post decently readable isn't irrelevant, it's conducive to the discussion as it will cause more people to actually consider its content. It's not that hard, group the relevant arguments together in a paragraph with the conclusion they support and end with the conclusion before you go to the next paragraph, where you may or may not use the conclusion as a new argument. That way people can see the logical structure of your point.

barison1 #7 Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40899 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

to be honest im glad type5 got nerfed hard now, it had it great days where it could just no brain around right click left clicking doing some 600 dmg, those days are finally over. it is god awful horrible to fight type5 with near any heavy, as you need to aim your shots carefully to actually pen it (yet prem will still bounce occasionally) and he just slams your turretface for 500+ while ruining your modules aswell.

sure the 14cm could use some better buffs, thats one thing i would agree on

cro001 #8 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31982 battles

1st of all, he is right, your post is just clutter of words. It helps to make opening post as clear as possible.

Secondly, you're the reason why the player base is horrible. The second you heard that your favorite broken PoS gets nerfed you come here moaning and weeping - despite Type 5 being the plague of tier 10 for more than a year now. You don't care about game balance, you just want your gimmick tank that you ground out to be better than everyone else's(God forbid what would've happened if they nerfed tanks you paid for). Furthermore, your post is just as nonconstructive and irrelevant as mine - it doesn't offer anything constructive other than "I want muh exp back" whine and some tin foil comparison with E-100.

If you really want to make your case, you should at least try to make a decent opening post - maybe then I won't make "unconstructive" post.

Edited by cro001, 31 March 2019 - 01:07 AM.

northwind789 #9 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21668 battles

How can it be possible that a little tiny light tank should be able to penetrate a Maus that weigh 192 tons..
Maus used to be the King of the Hill, now it can be overrun by some tiny little shitty French light tank... That should NOT be possible!!

Plus this small little tanks running around with a speed of 60-70 km/h with a Gun that would be so heavy to be able to pen a Maus... Like in Never ever land story. :facepalm:
00:35 Added after 4 minutes

View PostDeadLecter, on 30 March 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but if you look at it this way you might see my point. Type 5 gets a nerf. A huge and well deserved one. But WG has no real plan to balance the tank. Yes it has an armor that's tough against standard ammo and paper against premium ammo. It had a stupid HE gun which was the only thing that made grinding it worth it. Now the HE gun has been nerfed and you will have to trade 250~300 alpha against heavy tanks that can shoot you 2~3 times with their gold ammo. And the HESH ammo is a joke. Who are you going to pen with 192 mm pen? Which means we have to go with 14 cm gun. Now WG has added 3 mm to the standard rounds and 8 mm to premium rounds. Now let's compare this tank with E100. E100 has a lower plate that get's penned with standard rounds. To get a reliable pen in the turret you need gold. Type 5 gets penned everywhere with gold. E100 has better mobility, far better HEAT rounds, better alpha and ironically better HE shells now. Is there any reason to choose Type 5 over E100 now? After premium ammo nerf E100 will have lower damage and so will Type 5. Still E100 gets 334 HEAT shells vs 290 AP shells. No brainer, E100 wins.This is WG's strategy now. If there are two tanks (that are no from USSR) who are identical but one is apparently worse than the other one, instead of buffing or changing the one that's weak, nerf the hell out of the other tank. Like 30B and Leo 1. WG can't nerf premium tanks because then they would have hundreds of angry customers. What about tech tree tanks? We invested time and our life to grind a tank and now we are being delivered something else. I want to get all the XP back. In fact every time WG changes a tank, the player should be allowed to choose to whether keep the tank or get the XP back. This is not the tank I grinded. Not what I spent my time for. And I want all that XP back. 

Type 5 never existed, not even on a drawing today, so all with that tank is a guess. :P

OMG_Abaddon #10 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

I guess my thoughts are the same as the vast majority of the player base... basically screw all HE oneshot tanks in the game from tier 1 to 10. Screw all those guns that are a coin toss, if heads deal one-shot-kill, if tails still deal unblockable damage in a way that you can peel enemies who are perfectly angled on a heavy tank. Screw all those tanks that don't simply rely on HE to deal damage, but those tanks that simply shoot HE exclusively and don't even have to aim, that deal enough damage in auto-aim mode to nuke light tanks and severely damage heavies.

Japanese heavy lines are the ultimate form of useless tanks, no angling power, all they do is move forward and shoot tanks, usually dealing too much damage for the brain effort they require. They are the melee artillery, the armored versions of FV4005, the kind of tank that takes much fun away from the game for those who have to fight against them.

They'd be fun on an event, give everyone Type 5 and fight to the death, but there's no point on armored fortresses with 1500+ damage derp guns that other people have to aim properly if they want to contest a fight.

lnfernaI #11 Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30879 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 31 March 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

I guess my thoughts are the same as the vast majority of the player base... basically screw all HE oneshot tanks in the game from tier 3* to 10. 

Nobody cares about low-tier derp guns. The HE broken garbage in the competitive tiers is what matters.

Type 5 deserves all the nerfs it can get,it's a broken,gimmicky,idiot-proof piece of trash.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You two are the perfect example why the entire player base is horrible. Always taking a discussion to the sidelines. Never discussing the matter at hand. 

The second guy you quoted merely asked for some paragraphs for better readability. That's not horrible, that's just a friendly reminder to put some basic effort in whatever you write. Especially if you expect a vivid discussion.

Toni112007 #13 Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11057 battles
Just remove all of tier 10s from the game. Game is suddenly much more balanced.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

This removal of the HE gun (more or less) is the best balance move WG have done in like a year or two.

Also, WG can change any tank, especially tech tree tanks, for whatever reason they see fit, and you have no rights to claim anything from it.

You grinded tank with different characteristics but you did so knowing fully well that the tank might be changed sometime for some reason.

You should also have noticed the huge negative feedback WG have got about the derp gun on these tanks, so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that eventually they get changed. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #15 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 28622 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 30 March 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but if you look at it this way you might see my point. Type 5 gets a nerf. A huge and well deserved one. But WG has no real plan to balance the tank. Yes it has an armor that's tough against standard ammo and paper against premium ammo. It had a stupid HE gun which was the only thing that made grinding it worth it. Now the HE gun has been nerfed and you will have to trade 250~300 alpha against heavy tanks that can shoot you 2~3 times with their gold ammo. And the HESH ammo is a joke. Who are you going to pen with 192 mm pen? Which means we have to go with 14 cm gun. Now WG has added 3 mm to the standard rounds and 8 mm to premium rounds. Now let's compare this tank with E100. E100 has a lower plate that get's penned with standard rounds. To get a reliable pen in the turret you need gold. Type 5 gets penned everywhere with gold. E100 has better mobility, far better HEAT rounds, better alpha and ironically better HE shells now. Is there any reason to choose Type 5 over E100 now? After premium ammo nerf E100 will have lower damage and so will Type 5. Still E100 gets 334 HEAT shells vs 290 AP shells. No brainer, E100 wins.This is WG's strategy now. If there are two tanks (that are no from USSR) who are identical but one is apparently worse than the other one, instead of buffing or changing the one that's weak, nerf the hell out of the other tank. Like 30B and Leo 1. WG can't nerf premium tanks because then they would have hundreds of angry customers. What about tech tree tanks? We invested time and our life to grind a tank and now we are being delivered something else. I want to get all the XP back. In fact every time WG changes a tank, the player should be allowed to choose to whether keep the tank or get the XP back. This is not the tank I grinded. Not what I spent my time for. And I want all that XP back. 

I am unable to read this without a severe cranial implosion so alas I will not read it all properly, forgive me..( dyslexia)

I scanned it and picked out the important aspects ( 8 or 9 words) and discovered it was a rant about type 5 and you wanting your xp back.

You are not having your XP back. That much I know for a fact. I started the O-I grind 2 days ago and I understand why you posted this but thats the nature of the game, if you want something broken you have to get it faster!

I agree with some other comments, you need to put more effort into your posts if you want more effort in the responses. but given you seem like a petulant child thats not likely. is it?

wsatnutter #16 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
It's a wall 

DeadLecter #17 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28812 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 31 March 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

This removal of the HE gun (more or less) is the best balance move WG have done in like a year or two.

Also, WG can change any tank, especially tech tree tanks, for whatever reason they see fit, and you have no rights to claim anything from it.

You grinded tank with different characteristics but you did so knowing fully well that the tank might be changed sometime for some reason.

You should also have noticed the huge negative feedback WG have got about the derp gun on these tanks, so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise that eventually they get changed. 

The thing is people here think I like the Type 5. I don't. Before today, in the past 3 month I dont think I played over 5 battles in Type. In fact I think WG should remove the HE gun in total and give it a better AP gun. I prefer to play my other TX heavies and literally in every battle there is at least 1 Type 5 and god forbid if you are bottom tier and your high tiers arent willing to load gold.

And even when top tier, I didnt grind the best tanks in WoT. My IS7 has a really difficult time dealing with Type. Or just like last night, my 30B also struggles. My team was bad and I had to go help the heavies instead of our meds. And in both cases I fired only gold.

Unless youyhave a tank with 330~340 HEAT Type will destroy your entire team. Its a stupid and broken tank that needs proper balancing not getting nerfed to obsolete levels.

And I dont think 290 AP is that bad when dealing with sloped armor. It can be compared to 340 HEAT. But when against another Type 5, Maus, E100 the penetration sucks. A super heavy that just cant fight other super heavies.

View PostJigabachi, on 31 March 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

The second guy you quoted merely asked for some paragraphs for better readability. That's not horrible, that's just a friendly reminder to put some basic effort in whatever you write. Especially if you expect a vivid discussion.

I tried to separate the paragraphs. Don't know whether it's better or not but my writing skills are horrible and English is not my first language and it doesn't help at all.

Edited by DeadLecter, 31 March 2019 - 07:59 AM.

Boogeyman44 #18 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21453 battles
  • [SLUTS] SLUTS
To state that the type5 is paper against premium ammo is delusional. It still bounces way more that it should be able to. You still need to aim carefully.

Just keep in mind that as soon as you angle 250 armor, it gets ridiculous values.

Also, premium ammo on tier 8s is also not enough against types.

lnfernaI #19 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30879 battles

View PostToni112007, on 31 March 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

Just remove all of tier 10s from the game. Game is suddenly much more balanced.

You will have to kill me,to get my 121 out of the game. :)

Edited by lnfernaI, 31 March 2019 - 08:21 AM.

DeadLecter #20 Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28812 battles

View PostBoogeyman44, on 31 March 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

To state that the type5 is paper against premium ammo is delusional. It still bounces way more that it should be able to. You still need to aim carefully.

Just keep in mind that as soon as you angle 250 armor, it gets ridiculous values.

Also, premium ammo on tier 8s is also not enough against types.

Well if it was a tank with a proper armor model then yes it would be true. But if you angle Type 5, you are exposing the hull cheeks, if you don't angle you are exposing the entire tank. The turret is very weak against high penetration rounds. The armor of Type 5 is plain stupid and broken. Safe against standard and very weak against premium rounds. Plus I have seen a lot of time people play like a bot against Type 5. Yesterday I was in a battle where I made a mistake and I died. Our 430U and 277 had both loaded gold and were fighting a Type 5 in a 2 vs 1 situation. Every time Type fired they could have shot him twice each, instead after they shot Type they would duck back into cover. Funny thing is one of them was a unicum. 

Again yesterday on Fisherman's Bay, I was in Grille 15, Type 5 was coming my way, I was well hidden behind a bush, loaded gold round. 4 shots and Type 5 was history. I would not have been able to kill him so soon with AP rounds. I killed him quickly and helped my team win because there was a Maus next to me and he was sh1tless scared of that Type and refused to load gold ammo.  

In every situation, where I meet a Type 5, if I have a tank with 330~340 HEAT, I just load them and murder the guy. You can ask anyone, Type doesn't stand a chance against those HEAT shells. And those who can't pen with 340 HEAT, that's not because Type 5 is tough, it's because the guy doesn't know what he is doing or he was just unlucky. This is the exact reason I don't play Type 5 anymore. People load gold and tear you into pieces. And frankly every Type driver deserves it. The tank has a super stupid foolproof armor and if you want to kill it you have to go full gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users