Why I wont spend another pennie on World of Tanks

#whining

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Stoffson01 #1 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18358 battles

Until a couple of things are handled by Wargaming I will not spend more money on WoT.

1. Wheeled vehicles must be removed or nerfed considerable as they are not prone to the physics. Too fast and way too manuverable, making them impossible to hit. Half team is occupied by one vehicle as the enemy team shoots the team to pieces. I know this is a game, but WG brags about connection with reality, and these wheeled vehicles are not realistic at all. Change them or remove them.
  2. Premium ammo must be removed. "Lets create a game about armored tanks. And if players want to they can negate the effect of the armour" = negating the idea of the game...! Balance the super heavies and remove premium ammo. Press 2 for skill is a true meme.
  3. Make grinding matter again. When a purchased tank is way better than the tank someone put hours into game to grind, you kill the reason to play. This policy to never nerf premium tanks are just bogus. All kind of electronic services change over time, removing features you like, adding features you dislike but if the overall experience is good, people stay and pay.
  4. And a small one: remove rng for penetration. Rng on aim and damage is fine, but when your shot lands it must have a non-randomized penetration, as armor is non-randomized.

When all this is solved I will gladly buy premium again (so probably never again).

Kandreev #2 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 362 battles

Psst, this guy here thinks that wheeled vehicles are overpowered....

Lets laugh at him.

Porc0_Ross0 #3 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62304 battles
  • [-CCI-] -CCI-

The truth is that WOT is too complex for the average person.

People think they can get a tank, start a battle and start dishing out death and destruction.
Sorry. For you, I mean.

Pansenmann #4 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35355 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStoffson01, on 30 March 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Until a couple of things are handled by Wargaming I will not spend more money on WoT.
fine, I hope you don't mind if I answer your questions with my sight on things in blue color?

1. Wheeled vehicles must be removed or nerfed considerable as they are not prone to the physics. Too fast and way too manuverable, making them impossible to hit. Learn to lead a shot with [insert tank]
  2. Premium ammo must be removed.  we need more ammo choices, available for all vehicles, with diffrent mechanics, fairly priced for the benefits they give
  3. Make grinding matter again. When a purchased tank is way better than the tank someone put hours into game to grind, you kill the reason to play.  Crew skills and a brain are still a thing you can't buy.
  4. And a small one: remove rng for penetration. Rng on aim and damage is fine, but when your shot lands it must have a non-randomized penetration, as armor is non-randomized. We need RNG to level the impact of player skill.

When all this is solved I will gladly buy premium again (so probably never again). See you on the battlefield.

RenamedUser_50080245721 #5 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View PostPansenmann, on 30 March 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

1. And a small one: remove rng for penetration. Rng on aim and damage is fine, but when your shot lands it must have a non-randomized penetration, as armor is non-randomized. We need RNG to level the impact of player skill.

Yeah great RNG when it rolls between 300pen and 500pen on JgPZE100... On high end TD's this RNG solely determines whether or not you will do damage. The difference between dealing 0 damage or 5000+ is sometimes just pure rng in tier 10 matches. On top of that comes the aim RNG and bounce RNG (some tanks only have HEAT for example so you can even bounce the tiniest of scouts). Some pen RNG is okay but it shouldn't be the same % for Tier1 tanks and Tier10 tanks and everything in between.

Edited by JaculatingEroticElephant, 30 March 2019 - 11:51 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

1. Wheeled vehicles must be removed or nerfed considerable as they are not prone to the physics. Too fast and way too manuverable, making them impossible to hit. Half team is occupied by one vehicle as the enemy team shoots the team to pieces. I know this is a game, but WG brags about connection with reality, and these wheeled vehicles are not realistic at all. Change them or remove them.
  2. Premium ammo must be removed. "Lets create a game about armored tanks. And if players want to they can negate the effect of the armour" = negating the idea of the game...! Balance the super heavies and remove premium ammo. Press 2 for skill is a true meme.
  3. Make grinding matter again. When a purchased tank is way better than the tank someone put hours into game to grind, you kill the reason to play. This policy to never nerf premium tanks are just bogus. All kind of electronic services change over time, removing features you like, adding features you dislike but if the overall experience is good, people stay and pay.
  4. And a small one: remove rng for penetration. Rng on aim and damage is fine, but when your shot lands it must have a non-randomized penetration, as armor is non-randomized.

When all this is solved I will gladly buy premium again (so probably never again).

1. Play a wheeled vehicle and get back to us. As most that hate them, have not played them at all, and just see them "dominate" each game. But driving it, you can count on one hand how often that works and you can get away with that. You die before you see anything 9 out 10 times. Tier 6 is the only one that kinda works. The rest so far? Not really. And if you take their speed away. What are you willing to give back? As they are blind as a bat and can't spot anything with good camo unless they get closer than 200m even in the open. So thus the speed. And if they have no speed. And tracked can turn on a penny and still see further then them, and out DPM them with normal ammo, even if the wheeled light is 1 tier higher. Then what do you give back to balance them and still don't make them useless?

2: See the Jap HT change on the Type 4/5 Derp gun to name one on ST? I suspect that's step one on the "special ammo" change they had talked about already. But you gotta step carefully. Or else the circle will just start again. As before we had topics about armor being useless due to high pen tanks and gold ammo. Then they added more armor, and then everyone started to complain that they need gold ammo to fight everything, and then after more changes, we are back to armor being useless due to gold ammo and even higher pen normal tanks. As we see each time a tier 8 TD gets more than 260 pen etc, the HT players come out in force to complain about it.

3: Can you honestly say you would not be upset if they nerfed the camo and speed on your Skorpion G by over 30%? As that's what most complain about that for vs the Borsig? And still say "that's fine" and keep playing it? As WG did learn with the KV-5 here last, and the T26E4 before that. You nerf them, you lose the players trust, as nothing you buy is "safe" there is no reason to buy it. As it will be nerfed once you have had your fun. Then why buy anything and WG can't be trusted? Most buy premiums for a long term income machine that they hope will work for as long. Not a new one as they come. And once the nerfing starts, I suspect the player base would drop faster then you can say gold ammo for this game to live long.

4: RNG for pen? As in 0%. AW did that, they lost half their player base in a week due to it, as 70% of even +2 guns could not pen any MBT's hull down unless they got a high roll. As if you lacked 1 pen, you ran. And that was the late game every round. 5 guns running from fewer more armored tanks for over 5 min. And considering most tier 8 vs the broken tier 8's are on 30 to 40% chance on the weak spots. Then why go the HT lane at all in most of them? Or just run or give up the second you see anything with 1 mm more armor then you have pen. You still need the 25% high roll for balance reasons. But you can put up an argument for low rolls. As 25% low can even screw you over vs lower tier targets. And there 10% would be more than fine.

Miepie #7 Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostPorc0_Ross0, on 30 March 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

People think they can get a tank, start a battle and start dishing out death and destruction.
Sorry. For you, I mean.

Hey now! Those people that think that are completely correct! Every time I start a battle I manage to dish out death and destruction... :izmena:

...to my own tank and crewmembers... :teethhappy::child:

lnfernaI #8 Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30856 battles

tl; dr

pleb complains about things he is clueless about,and craves attention.

CraftyVeteran #9 Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5903 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
btw it's penny.

kpkostas #10 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18956 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
this guy is a troll. Hate people that think that they are better than everyone and know everything.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Would really help to actually THINK about those suggestions before throwing them into a thread. Or to use the search function.
Spoonfeeding people the most obvious things they didn't consider before coming here with their easy fixes and suggestions is getting quite frustrating. (Mildly put...)

DrEsqueleto #12 Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23337 battles
  • [DSNL] DSNL

I totally agree with you on these points.

(though I don't know if there's an rng on penetration, but I do know that there's a lot of bad damage rolls or non pen rolls.)

I also would add the still worthless MatchMaking.

I tell people NOT to install and play this game and show them why.

I show them how bad the MM actually is, 3 tier MM totally s[edited]ks, most of them don't even want to try out this game afterwards. 2 tier MM is more than enough, and 2 SPGs per battle.

And that soooo many people use premium cheater ammo, press 2 for skill. (The low IQ and braindead moron key, without it they can't damage or win anything.)

Gold / Premium ammo is just way to cheap to buy and TO Overpowered to use, hence it's one of the things that ruins the already small game balance even more.!

I LOVE the classic version just because there's NO gold spamming.!

wsatnutter #13 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25988 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Much guffaws OP much Merth 

Obsessive_Compulsive #14 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:39 AM

General

• Player
  • 28622 battles

1: they are annoying at times but to be honest they helping me get my accuracy back, leading a batchat at 400m seems easier now...

2: remove premium ammo and your stock tanks fighting +1/+2 will be next to useless. if you wish to remove premium ammo the entire game mechanics pertaining to penetration and armour must be redisigned. thats a fact!

3: I understand your point here and it is shared by many, the thing is WG wants money and premium tanks that are inferior to tech tree tanks dont sell well and there are too many tanks in the game for WG to make them different and balanced so they go with the only option left which is superior. not sure how that can be fixed...

4. RNG is one reason this game is a success but it could be lowered or tweaked in various ways to make it less frustrating and remain enjoyable.

you are not the first person to threaten WG with an empty wallet and you will not be the last and I promise you this, they only listen to numbers like any corporate entity.... get some freinds, lots of them! then you can effect change!

LordMuffin #15 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

All you claiming that wheeled vehicles are bad or something similar are simply wrong.

Currently, in the current game with current tanks on current maps with current players, all wheeled vehicles overperform.
They are also performing better then most other light tanks in the game. Exception being Even 90, LT-432 and some others.

The T9 Wheeled vehicle have a 55% overall Winrate.

When WG introduced the Obj 268 v4, it also had like a 55% or 56% overall winrate, as comparison.

Wheeled Vehicles are the light tank equivalent of the Japanese heavy line, easy to play, average players gets biggest boost in performance by them, good players don't.

Also, so many of your pro-WV argumemts are so similar to the pro-arty arguments, with your 'learn to play', 'learn to lead shots'. Which is exactly what arty players say when they use the 'learn do avoid arty'.

2: Premium shells should be removed and replaced by a shell with normal cost, and then WG should remake many armour models to this change, aswell as many maps. 

3: Agreed, premium tanks should not outclass their tech tree counterparts, that is just a p2w concept.

4: No, RNG is needed on Penetration, maybe not 25%, but definitely needed.

It is needed so you don't have huge differences in performance between tanks with 202 pen and 198 pen. It is 4 mm of Penetration in between, with your change, the high pen gun would have a 100% chance of penning 200mm of armour while the other have a 0% chance.

With RNG, you can make it so thr 202 pen gun have a better chance at penning that surface then the 198 pen gun, but the difference isn't between a pen or a non-pen.

More like 60% for 202 and 40% for 198.

Edited by LordMuffin, 31 March 2019 - 07:51 AM.

HanZi #16 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46590 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostPorc0_Ross0, on 30 March 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

Sorry. For you, I mean.

Too complex all right. Thats why they cheat and use gold ammo all the time.

Also the game is buggy as hell. 

NEVER gonna be a good game.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHanZi, on 31 March 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

Too complex all right. Thats why they cheat and use gold ammo all the time.

Also the game is buggy as hell. 

NEVER gonna be a good game.

Is it really necessary to spam that kind of nonsense into every random thread? You moan and whine all the time, yet you still play the game for 2+ hours every single day and own 20+ premium tanks. So what about growing up a bit and trying to write something borderline intelligent every now and then?

Ch1valry #18 Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39302 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
Haven't spent a dime on this game since 2013, and I've never regretted that decision. Wargaming is a company that does not deserve my or anyone else's money. And they're proving that fact time and time again. So money is better spent elsewhere. Simple as that.

unclexray #19 Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 51509 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE

View PostDrEsqueleto, on 31 March 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

I totally agree with you on these points.

(though I don't know if there's an rng on penetration, but I do know that there's a lot of bad damage rolls or non pen rolls.)

I also would add the still worthless MatchMaking.

I tell people NOT to install and play this game and show them why.

I show them how bad the MM actually is, 3 tier MM totally s[edited]ks, most of them don't even want to try out this game afterwards. 2 tier MM is more than enough, and 2 SPGs per battle.

And that soooo many people use premium cheater ammo, press 2 for skill. (The low IQ and braindead moron key, without it they can't damage or win anything.)

Gold / Premium ammo is just way to cheap to buy and TO Overpowered to use, hence it's one of the things that ruins the already small game balance even more.!

I LOVE the classic version just because there's NO gold spamming.!

AGREE DEF...........

grensu #20 Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36929 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostStoffson01, on 31 March 2019 - 12:07 AM, said:

1. If they are soooooo OP why just not play them yourself .. why hinder yourself and not play the most OP tanks in the game .. oh wait .. deep down you know they are garbage apart from the t10 and t8 prem and tbh i still think those are more useful in SH/CW

2. Go on ..doo eet ! i'm going to love to feast on the tears of every little pubbie with my vk72, maus or bobject .. simply removing prem ammo or nerfing its alpha will make a lot of tanks too broken for the game, there is no "ez fix"

3. grinding is rewarding .. if you intend to go for the "endgame" i.e. t9 and t10 .. also give yourself some goals to go for instead of waiting the game to tell you .. short term : win a game/get your doubles ; mid term : get a couple of T10 meta tanks ; long term : git gud and get into a decent clan for awesome rewards from competative play

4. whilst this is frustrating from time to time the cases when it happens are few and far apart .. why it's ticks you off most likely is because ppl tend to remember the bad and not the good .. i can remember some or most of the times a pen roll or a dmg didn't go my way and i died/lost the game by not killing a oneshot .. but i can't remember every time i get lucky and roll high or rng let's me snipe the most ridiculous pixels .. that's just the human psyche you dismiss the goodna dn remember the bad ..

and classic .. altough there is no "goldspam" there's also -+5 MM hope you're having fun fighting high tiers in you mid-low tiers with unlimited arty on both sides ..

tl:dr .. whilst i agree WG have done some questionable decisions whilst "balancing" WoT it could always be worse .. just remember before the HE nerf (6 or 7 years ago) when every hit you took was 5-8 criticals .. back then i saw maus' with 2k hp left just dead because all the crew was knocked out ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users