t5 elc issue

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

S1dew1nder #1 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

um i wont say what it is just have a look at the replays and see if you can spot the difference 

as its been since unlock last night

http://wotreplays.eu...707ed9a7d10cb20

now changed

http://wotreplays.eu...707ed9a7d10cb20

if you guys don't see the problem would you give me a had trying to fix my side obv got mods installed could be that or corrupted game files????

Edited by S1dew1nder, 31 March 2019 - 04:42 PM.

baribal_80 #2 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23837 battles
Wut?

S1dew1nder #3 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles
will explain after someone else has seen my replay so i know its not an issue my side if it is an issue my side i will record what i am seeing for you guys 

Edited by S1dew1nder, 31 March 2019 - 04:33 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32726 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Upload them here: http://wotreplays.eu/

Then link the replay here.

S1dew1nder #5 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 31 March 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Upload them here: http://wotreplays.eu/

Then link the replay here.

cheers for that
15:42 Added after 7 minutes
replays now in op

S1dew1nder #6 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles
replays now in op (was too quick auto edit my last post)

gpalsson #7 Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Is it because you want to advice on how to play the ELC?

I don't understand the purpose of the thread.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I doubt that people will watch two random replays without you giving them a hint on what this is all about...

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8288 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
All I'm seeing is not very good LT gameplay.

PervyPastryPuffer #10 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32726 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostS1dew1nder, on 31 March 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

if you guys don't see the problem would you give me a had trying to fix my side obv got mods installed could be that or corrupted game files????

We can't see what mods you use because when we watch the replay, its played through OUR game. If you see something weird try running an integrity check through the launcher.

S1dew1nder #11 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 31 March 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

All I'm seeing is not very good LT gameplay.

oh good, for me one game i have 360 turret next i have a gun arc and it also changes in the garage stats every thing else is the same tho

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8288 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostS1dew1nder, on 31 March 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

oh good, for me one game i have 360 turret next i have a gun arc and it also changes in the garage stats every thing else is the same tho

:facepalm:

Are you saying that:

In the first replay, you're using the 75mm cannon.

In the second replay, you're using the 90mm cannon.

?

Because if so; that is perfectly normal.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 31 March 2019 - 05:18 PM.

S1dew1nder #13 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 31 March 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Are you saying that:

In the first replay, you're using the 75mm cannon.

In the second replay, you're using the 90mm cannon.

?

Because if so; that is perfectly normal

lol my god what a f tard i am go on guys do your worst in my defence im a ht driver and this is a the first time i've had a gun restrict turret rotation if id had to get a new turret for the 90 would of completely made sense to me, alass you may now proceed at your discretion  

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

No worries, you can check your tank's stats there...

https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-elc-bis

You can also add equipment, change modules, choose crew skills, etc.

PervyPastryPuffer #15 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32726 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostS1dew1nder, on 31 March 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

lol my god what a f tard i am go on guys do your worst in my defence im a ht driver and this is a the first time i've had a gun restrict turret rotation if id had to get a new turret for the 90 would of completely made sense to me, alass you may now proceed at your discretion  

:D Well, don't feel about it, I'm sure we can all relate (well, I can...).

S1dew1nder #16 Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 31 March 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

No worries, you can check your tank's stats there...

https://tanks.gg/tank/amx-elc-bis

You can also add equipment, change modules, choose crew skills, etc.

this is one of those things that slips my mind every now and then esp when i try something i'm not that familiar with lol,

i believe it was because i was i thought it would be kinda like the m5a1 witch is really the only proper light tanking i've done and only cuz i wanted tech tree is2 and then i stalled with type t34 just couldn't get it to work and just when back to my known tanks,

but i want to try new things so have been moving slowly down a few different lines like td's and even my nemesis arty(omg what an eye opener) didn't get on at all with the like's of ikv 103 just couldn't get on with the slow shells and unreliable heat(and i refuse to use prem ill find a weak spot or track or just keep them lit whatever)

i have the t5 wolverine which i like and have my eyes set on the t10 turreted td but then my desire to be back in my comfort zone came back but still wanted that new thing lol, anyway unlocked kv85 almost gave up with the stock grind but i just new that the 100 would make that tank so kept with it finally unlocked the gun and with in about 15 games got my ace tanker,

to cut this thread shorter(had no intention of writing this much to begin with) i went back to kv1 unlocked kv2 and my satas having been going up ever since untill i had the bug to do something else last night and here we are sorry about the long read 

tl;dr im a average ht player who wants to try new things lol

Edited by S1dew1nder, 31 March 2019 - 05:58 PM.

gpalsson #17 Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I recently grinded the wheeled tier 6 via the ELC so I guess I can share a bit about what I did. I'm not sure it was the best thing to do, but I gave up playing the ELC like a light tank.

Instead I played it like a high-camo TD, which means I mounted the 90mm. 

That means in most battles I would do this:

If the team had a a few spotter and I felt like I was most use doing damage I went to a bush where I wasn't useless. 

That means:

• Don't go so far back that I can't shot spotted stuff
  • Don't go so far in front that other LTs will spot me

If I felt I had to spot, I wen't to a bush where I can retreat if things go south and try to spot. When something is spotted, abuse bush mechanics to shoot unspotted.

Ofc there will be about 50% maps where LT's are just useless which means more or less camp a bit (hopefully not uselessly) in the start and wait until ranks are thinning out then go hunt for targets.

That's it for my very general guidelines on how I played the ELC somewhat moderately successfully. My stats in it are pretty bad, but in my defense I played it mostly when I was a noob.

S1dew1nder #18 Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 31 March 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

I recently grinded the wheeled tier 6 via the ELC so I guess I can share a bit about what I did. I'm not sure it was the best thing to do, but I gave up playing the ELC like a light tank.

Instead I played it like a high-camo TD, which means I mounted the 90mm. 

That means in most battles I would do this:

If the team had a a few spotter and I felt like I was most use doing damage I went to a bush where I wasn't useless. 

That means:

• Don't go so far back that I can't shot spotted stuff
  • Don't go so far in front that other LTs will spot me

If I felt I had to spot, I wen't to a bush where I can retreat if things go south and try to spot. When something is spotted, abuse bush mechanics to shoot unspotted.

Ofc there will be about 50% maps where LT's are just useless which means more or less camp a bit (hopefully not uselessly) in the start and wait until ranks are thinning out then go hunt for targets.

That's it for my very general guidelines on how I played the ELC somewhat moderately successfully. My stats in it are pretty bad, but in my defense I played it mostly when I was a noob.

thank you anything i can use i will try, i was thinking do you mind if i upload a game that i felt i did ok in and if someone wants to have a look as unforchnitly im the only person i have to critic my game play bar from the ingame players,

which tbh i don't really get much stick even a t8 in a t10 game when i only do like 1200dmg and i think to myself man that's not even really one full tank i need to pull my socks up lol 

gpalsson #19 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 24356 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostS1dew1nder, on 31 March 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

thank you anything i can use i will try, i was thinking do you mind if i upload a game that i felt i did ok in and if someone wants to have a look as unforchnitly im the only person i have to critic my game play bar from the ingame players,

which tbh i don't really get much stick even a t8 in a t10 game when i only do like 1200dmg and i think to myself man that's not even really one full tank i need to pull my socks up lol 

Ok I'll take a look. But you need to do this yourself which probably will help a lot more than anything I can say:

Ask yourself why you did what you did and where you think it would have been better to go. If you can't think of anywhere better to go, then it might matter what I say but unless you start thinking about it yourself it won't matter what I or any one else are saying.

During countdown it's often a good time to get a look at the enemy team and consider where they will go and what you can accomplish by going to spot A, B or C.

Learning new good spots can often be done by watching some steamers play. Try to find a streamer who won't just show the spot but will also explain why it is a good spot. LemmingRush will often explain a lot of why he is doing something, even if he is some times somewhat annoying to watch because he is so focused on getting damage.

S1dew1nder #20 Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 31 March 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Ok I'll take a look. But you need to do this yourself which probably will help a lot more than anything I can say:

Ask yourself why you did what you did and where you think it would have been better to go. If you can't think of anywhere better to go, then it might matter what I say but unless you start thinking about it yourself it won't matter what I or any one else are saying.

During countdown it's often a good time to get a look at the enemy team and consider where they will go and what you can accomplish by going to spot A, B or C.

Learning new good spots can often be done by watching some steamers play. Try to find a streamer who won't just show the spot but will also explain why it is a good spot. LemmingRush will often explain a lot of why he is doing something, even if he is some times somewhat annoying to watch because he is so focused on getting damage.

cheers mate tbh im ok now i just needed to take a brake and as you said think about each game and not just jump from one game to the next trying implement the same non functioning strat 

so basically what i'm doing is just mixing it up make my decisions based on the map not what i think i should be doing and not rushing anything it took a bit cuz i am use to doing this just at a much slower pace once i started to get past the sensory overload 

quick example on wide park t6 match im still running 90 i think gonna start with a spotting run light peeps up so i do get 7 spots 350 asst then i think still early in the game bet some of the ht are still getting in to position so do a quick check of my surroundings and do a full speed run past the arches on the bridge light up a kv2 for 180 pop the hill at the end of the train nothing there instead of pushing onto the enemy side i double back to where our arty is and then go have a look and see if anything might be over by the train cars on the other side and there is its a half health t5 AT so i'm like ok this is a opportunity but i think no don't rush hes slow go do a quick spotting run then come back and hes still there but this time hes got his butt pointed to me so i was i don't mind if i do but remembered i would be lit soon as i fire so picked an escape route and boom lol 

spent the rest of the time running around relighting until it went quite then ran some interference on the red side kill one more and we won lol 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users