Russian Developer Q&A Stream - Some interesting bits!

MM Frontline new map Gold ammo Chaffee Race Arty rebalance Bond shop

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 10088 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

EDIT 2: Full Official English transcript by WG: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/704476-developer-and-blogger-stream-qa-english-transcript/

A new Q&A of 3 and a half hours long went up on the Russian WoT YouTube channel and it was added to Reddit.

If you want to watch the Video (it's in Russian btw) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9YRqi_-3E

IF you want to read the Reddit Page - https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/b758uu/russian_developer_stream_qa_add_unwanted_maps_to/

Below I copy/pasted the summary by the User named smak748. Enjoy!!!

It is interesting to listen to several people who are very aware about game details (streamers) discussing issues with people who are even more aware about them,but know about pros and cons. I know you guys don't like WG, but you have to give them credit - there is a lot of fine details they are aware of (based on stats) and every decision is carefully weighted. That said, WG has several people and they don't always agree. They went as far as voicing those disagreements publicly on this stream. So nothing is cut in stone.

TLDR:

Everyone on RU server should wait for April 3rd (note: no mention of EU or NA server). MM changes are coming. A lot of further changes depend on MM.

1. Everything began with a 30 minute conversation about arty.

1. Arty stun rebalance will begin shortly. These changes are already announced.

2. This will be followed by at least 4 weeks (minimum) of collecting statistics

3. Arty missions will be reworked based on #2

4. Some other changes are planned. Not everyone is aboard and it all depends on #2

5. As a last resort (if 2 changes fail to pacify players) they are thinking of bringing AP shells back. Arty will have a choice - load HE and have little damage, but do stun. Load AP and damage single tank (no stun) or totally miss (no effect at all).

6. They answered a question about limiting arty to 2 per game. Basically they think it will make things worse as you will only have games with 2 arty per side - with no variations.

2. Gold/Silver ammo rebalance will start on a test server after classic is shutdown (1-2 months).

3. Blacklist for maps is near. Work is almost complete. It can't be done without MM fixes.

4. Frontline is getting an additional map.

5. Kharkov map will be back soon. No other maps for now.

6. New MM will begin rolling out April 3rd (on RU Server).

7. They are working on redesign for physics engine (Havok). This work is necessary to fix slipping tanks, holes in hit models and a lot of other related things. WG said they don't want a small individual bug fixes, but comprehensive physics fix.

8. The guy who did new per tank/per player stats is the same guy who is working on new MM. He must be really good and really busy.

9. Hiding statistics for the duration of the game is in the works. But it requires a lot of related work (and probably guy from #8).

10. Battle royale mode is coming (Tss! It is a secret).

11. CyberSport (Big league sponsored by WG) is dead for now. WG thinks that:

12. Streamers do a much better job of attracting a crowd and interest in the game. Big league pales in comparison.

13. They can get much better ROI in other areas (i.e. hiring another guy who does MM). Even putting this money back into streamers/promotions is a better choice.

14. This is somewhat "chicken and egg" problem. There is no clear solution.

15. Lebwa was given access to tournament functionality. He proposed changes. These changes are in the works, but not a big priority.

16. WG needs to join multiple (ver1 and ver2) tournament platforms into one. It's a lot of work behind the scenes and they are happening, but slowly. This is partly due to #3.

17. Question was raised about wheeled tanks and Frontline. WG answered that Frontline and light tanks in general (not just wheels) need some changes. This is in the works. Changes will be tried on a single server.

18. Question about wheeled vehicles almost started a brawl. Streamers, chat went nuts. Controversial topic. WG was calm and said they are watching statistics for wheels very closely (by server, tier, win rate, sociological group (!) etc).

19. Team damage experiment is in the works.

20. Question about crew for IS-7 forgetting how to drive IS-3. This is a technical problem. Storing information about all tanks a crew can drive will significantly increase amount of data that is needed to be stored. Database/backup costs are real and they don't see that as a positive change for now. See #21.

21. Crew rework is in the works. 6th sense will be permanent. They have 3 versions at the moment. One idea is to have a single crew commander (ala world of warships).

22. Experience for ranked battles has been reworked. Portion of that re-work might migrate to Randoms.

23. New content for people who have everything is in the works. ETA 2 years.

24. Tanks for bonds (for random) are coming.

25. Tank rebalancing needs to wait for MM and ammo changes.

26. No loot boxes are planned.

27. Question about tank that is on the side. WG thinks repair kit is not a fix. But marking turned tank on the map is possible.

28. Chaffee races are coming - new improved version.

29. Historic event is coming shortly (this year, but not in May). PVE. Shaping to be good. Stay tuned.

30. Rebalance for tanks at tier 6,7,8. There is a plan - it was discussed by WG this morning (!). Planning changes after MM and ammo rebalance (as well). They need to clone that person who is working on MM changes. Changes across the board are coming that will rebalance 50% of tanks. Rebalance 3.0.

31. WG wants "Game of Thrones" in clan wars. In the works.

32. Question about maps, grand battles etc. People like Frontline. WG sees that and prefers to invest in new maps for Frontline for now. Higher priority.

33. Social features (big ban list, friend search etc) were cut to make room for higher priority items. Yes, they know people want them. There is a plan for them. But not this year.

EDIT: So, MM changes are coming April 3rd to RU server. I cannot imagine EU being more than a month behind, so its coming soon! AFTER MM, WG will rebalance premium ammo. And after all that, WG can and will finally start rebalancing individual tanks. Yay!

Edited by undutchable80, 01 April 2019 - 07:37 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12047 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Sounds promising! 

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18476 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Question was raised about wheeled tanks and Frontline. WG answered that Frontline and light tanks in general (not just wheels) need some changes. This is in the works. Changes will be tried on a single server.

Hopefully, changes for the better. As right now, it's punishing to play either. Bur from what I've read earlier, it sounds a lot like they want to limit WVs.

Question about wheeled vehicles almost started a brawl. Streamers, chat went nuts. Controversial topic. WG was calm and said they are watching statistics for wheels very closely (by server, tier, win rate, sociological group (!) etc).

Lemme guess... Steve, The Braindead IS-7 Driver feat. Disciples of Murazor want nerfs because they're too much of complete idiots to deal with them. *sigh* Can't have anything good unless HT players are OK with it. Pathetic.

Edited by Rilleta, 31 March 2019 - 08:17 PM.

DeadLecter #4 Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28893 battles

It all sounds good. But there are two things on my mind. 1) What do they mean by MM changes? Are these the same changes that were tested on EU server?

2) In this game T8 and T9 and T10 tanks kinda have a similar gameplay. Example, P44 , Standard B and Progetto 65. Then why the hell does the T8 Czech tank not have an autoloader?

Bucifel #5 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34364 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View Postundutchable80, on 31 March 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

1. As a last resort (if 2 changes fail to pacify players) they are thinking of bringing AP shells back. Arty will have a choice - load HE and have little damage, but do stun. Load AP and damage single tank (no stun) or totally miss (no effect at all).

2. They answered a question about limiting arty to 2 per game. Basically they think it will make things worse as you will only have games with 2 arty per side - with no variations.

1. Gold/Silver ammo rebalance will start on a test server after classic is shutdown (1-2 months).

2. Battle royale mode is coming (Tss! It is a secret).

3. Question about crew for IS-7 forgetting how to drive IS-3. This is a technical problem. Storing information about all tanks a crew can drive will significantly increase amount of data that is needed to be stored. Database/backup costs are real and they don't see that as a positive change for now. See #21.

4. Tank rebalancing needs to wait for MM and ammo changes.

5. Historic event is coming shortly (this year, but not in May). PVE. Shaping to be good. Stay tuned.

6. Rebalance for tanks at tier 6,7,8. There is a plan - it was discussed by WG this morning (!). Planning changes after MM and ammo rebalance (as well). They need to clone that person who is working on MM changes. Changes across the board are coming that will rebalance 50% of tanks. Rebalance 3.0.

thats my priorities

bringing back AP as a 2nd choice is simply best choice. Not only reduce the stun problem but brings diversity and some skill requirement

i cant wait for that test server with no p2w ammo anymore...(if PRICES are BALANCED too !! )

finally BATTLE ROYALE ! :great: was just a gem on SB

Why is this considered such a problem when the best solution is so easy..?? Just make all ELITED TANKS able to use same class crew or same crew wich was before on them. So easy...

Do not need to load the game with data like you say...just make them some kind of "reward" class and able to use old crews...

Just like a premium or reward tank....EASY FIX for ELITED TANKS once again.

what needs to wait?? ALL what you must do for a great rebalance is to ADD PROPER WEAKPOINTS ! Thats the main imbalance in this game - moronic armor without weakpoints wich require current p2w premiu ammo. Just add PROPER WEAKPOINTS and 90 % of your balance problems are GONE. :facepalm:

So hard...

Historic PVE ..?? FINALLY ! Wellcome !

I just hope that rebalance for lower tier do not means that you turn this game more in something like CounterStrike with HP buffs and things likethat....

This game needs to feel like a TANK GAME, not just a generic shooter game...:facepalm:

VarzA #6 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24613 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Sounds too good to be true tbh ... hopefully they also decide to do something about HE at mid-tiers.

gpalsson #7 Posted 01 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

General

• Player
  • 24381 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Video version.

Cobra6 #8 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

They finally fixing the "Wet Soapstone Physics(tm )"? Could it be after 1,5/2 years?!

We can finally drive our Light Tanks again without having to worry about sliding off or spazzing out on an almost level stone surface? Hallelujah!

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 01 April 2019 - 09:08 AM.

WhoCares01 #9 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15551 battles

View PostRilleta, on 31 March 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

Question about wheeled vehicles almost started a brawl. Streamers, chat went nuts. Controversial topic. WG was calm and said they are watching statistics for wheels very closely (by server, tier, win rate, sociological group (!) etc).

Lemme guess... Steve, The Braindead IS-7 Driver feat. Disciples of Murazor want nerfs because they're too much of complete idiots to deal with them. *sigh* Can't have anything good unless HT players are OK with it. Pathetic.

Let me help you put it into perspective: Russian devs discussing with Russian CCs/community. Now take a close look at the tech tree, esp. the Russian one. Find WVs there? No!!! Any more questions?

CraftyVeteran #10 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6053 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-
hopefully they can figure out how to balance roflstomps. so tired of 15-3 or 15-5 matches every game. 

tajj7 #11 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27094 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRilleta, on 31 March 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Probably, we see all the over top hysteria about these tanks on the forums here, the bob masses don't like their stale gameplay being challenged.

We are not allowed nice things, especially nice things that have mobility and a high skill cap. 

Hopefully WG stick to their guns here and just go by the stats, which I think will die down, I also think that matching WVs vs WVs in the MM is probably the best long term option. and I think that is what that last bit might be talking about - 'sociological group'.

----------------------------------------

Block Quote

1. Some other changes are planned. Not everyone is aboard and it all depends on #2

2. As a last resort (if 2 changes fail to pacify players) they are thinking of bringing AP shells back. Arty will have a choice - load HE and have little damage, but do stun. Load AP and damage single tank (no stun) or totally miss (no effect at all).

Hopefully this means more nerfs, as the stun/splash changes are pretty minor. 

Block Quote

Frontline is getting an additional map.

Hope this is soon, really it should have been in place from the start of this new run IMO.

Block Quote

1. The guy who did new per tank/per player stats is the same guy who is working on new MM. He must be really good and really busy.

2. Hiding statistics for the duration of the game is in the works. But it requires a lot of related work (and probably guy from 

Is this a translation issue or is really one guy working on all this? How can it not be more than one?

Block Quote

Question was raised about wheeled tanks and Frontline. WG answered that Frontline and light tanks in general (not just wheels) need some changes. This is in the works. Changes will be tried on a single server.

Why does this make me think they are going to nerf lights somehow on Frontlines, we finally have a mode where the game does not revolve around armour and alpha, and yet it seems Steve the IS7 driver is going to get pandered to here as well.

Block Quote

Crew rework is in the works. 6th sense will be permanent. They have 3 versions at the moment. One idea is to have a single crew commander (ala world of warships).

Interesting, I think the WOWs approach is probably better from my experience. Though will be interesting to see how they compensate all those massively skilled crews people have.

Block Quote

Rebalance for tanks at tier 6,7,8. There is a plan - it was discussed by WG this morning (!). Planning changes after MM and ammo rebalance (as well). They need to clone that person who is working on MM changes. Changes across the board are coming that will rebalance 50% of tanks. Rebalance 3.0.

This makes sense, but they need to hurry up, also this seems to imply balance at 9 and 10 is done? Which is clearly isn't, Type 5, Fv4005 we have seen, but bobject, 430U, Sup Conq, E5, Leo 1, T95, Torty, Type 61 etc.? Loads of too good, very bad or broken tanks on tier 9 and 10.

Where is tier 5 as well?  

Geno1isme #12 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 45880 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
@eek/WG-staff: Any chance for an official transcript of that stream in the near future? I'd rather not rely on questionable translations when it comes to critical changes.

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65425 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postundutchable80, on 31 March 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

1. Crew rework is in the works. 6th sense will be permanent. They have 3 versions at the moment. One idea is to have a single crew commander (ala world of warships).

No single commander pretty please. You can not do that halfway through a game when people already spend thousands of hours buidling their crew.

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 01 April 2019 - 09:43 AM.

eldrak #14 Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50121 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

New content for people who have everything is in the works. ETA 2 years.

Sweet, soon there's more stuff for me to do ingame...

Actually a friend yesterday suggested adding Prestige levels to the normal grind; so you can grind the same line several times and get some inscription/camo/gun marks for bragging rights. 

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46823 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 01 April 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Probably, we see all the over top hysteria about these tanks on the forums here, the bob masses don't like their stale gameplay being challenged.

We are not allowed nice things, especially nice things that have mobility and a high skill cap. 

Hopefully WG stick to their guns here and just go by the stats, which I think will die down, I also think that matching WVs vs WVs in the MM is probably the best long term option. and I think that is what that last bit might be talking about - 'sociological group'.

----------------------------------------

​I played my EBR over the weekend, I'll drag those stats down :) for every great game you have in it, I'll have a bad one. 

Does sociological group mean demographic as in old vs young I can imagine a lot of older players play slower traditional tanks rather than WVs.

I'm impressed with the feedback they have given, nearly all of it is the important stuff. Adding that new map to FL will be a great idea, just hope its soon.

tajj7 #16 Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27094 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRati_Festa, on 01 April 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Does sociological group mean demographic as in old vs young I can imagine a lot of older players play slower traditional tanks rather than WVs.

Might be, good point, tough to know without a more direct translation. Could also be talking about 'good' players and 'bad' players, with the latter generally having more trouble with WVs IMO.

Hopefully they will just stick with the statistics and not nerf them prematurely until the playerbase has got used to them, there it a lot noise and myth about them at the moment and also think matching them as their own class would help overall anyway. 

VarzA #17 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24613 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

The WV's are not my favorite introduction either, i hate them with a passion but for other reasons ....

• WV's need to be balanced in MM against one another ... on an open map, the team with WV's can get into the proper or advanced scouting positions much faster and that is a huge disadvantage (on the same idea, bring back superheavy balance in MM)
  • if you don't have good reaction time or good hand/eye coordination (i don't because i never had it, others are well ... oldies), actually targeting these things is a nightmare, because auto-aim features from mods are a contentious issue, unclarified; this issue started for me with ELC Even 90 ... which is so tiny i have problems aiming for it

Edited by VarzA, 01 April 2019 - 03:06 PM.

pallie_the_artillerist #18 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19133 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View Posttajj7, on 01 April 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Might be, good point, tough to know without a more direct translation. Could also be talking about 'good' players and 'bad' players, with the latter generally having more trouble with WVs IMO.

Hopefully they will just stick with the statistics and not nerf them prematurely until the playerbase has got used to them, there it a lot noise and myth about them at the moment and also think matching them as their own class would help overall anyway. 

I think there's merit to changing tanks  on 'annoyingness'  factor. An FV4005 isn't OP or super overperforming per se, but it's super annoying to play against because of its unbalanced nature. Wheeled vehicles are similar in this regard.

OMG_Abaddon #19 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

New content for people who have everything is in the works. ETA 2 years.

This is some next level planning, and I complain when my 15 day sprint doesn't meet my expectations.

Edit: Happy to know I have time to get everything before this change.

Edited by OMG_Abaddon, 01 April 2019 - 03:30 PM.

etody77 #20 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70735 battles
  • [RO-3V] RO-3V
Tanks for bonds, they annpinced this to be done 1 year ago, 1 guy frim WG is really busy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users