[1.4.1.0] Pansy's Customisation Edits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:11 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So anyone watching my Custom Camouflage thread is already aware of these changes, and my Paint Edits are included as part of this (though I will atleast keep them as a separate mod as well), but now we have the full pack. This includes:

-edits to camouflage patterns (some custom, some using Milky's old camo edits and some just making parts of existing camos transparent to make the paint system usable)

-edits to paints (refer to my Paint Edits thread for more specifics)

-edits to styles (this means styles now uses different camos, have paints added to them and also some use different Marks of Excellence)

-edits to decals (these are optional though, you can just delete them if you don't want any of the changed ones)

I have to state it now that please do not make rash decisions based on this. By that I mean, buying one of those 700 Gold styles just because of this on a whim and then no longer using it later. Otherwise for now I'll quote myself from the Camouflage thread on some of the style edits in particular and I'll edit this tomorrow to try to make it perhaps a bit more in-depth. Here's the link, and you can look at some of the edits in the quote below that (some of them have been edited since):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13SL-vNQI5nzZEhFjjGMs_wok7b9BmV_M

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 19 March 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Alright, a second compilation of my changes. I haven't modified the Frontline styles or the Italian marathon style since my previous post on them and I'm not 100% Sold on my swap to the Christmas stuff atm (just made them all the 23Feb camo).

My new plan was to swap existing camos on each nation (except Poland, as I can't, so that is unfortunately unchanged) and then use paints to match the colours as closely as I could to the original schemes. This way, it eliminates the tiling issue, though it does mean you'll can get a bit uglier combinations of camos that aren't using the styles but damn it, I'm willing to make that sacrifice. It also means my camo pack won't be uploaded by itself as a camo pack, as it's heavily based on this so this'll all have to be one thing I upload at a later date (also, without paints a LOT of the camos look quite ugly, but oh well). Some camos aren't 100% Final, but I'm mostly happy with them.

I plan on modifying a few more, namely all of the patterns using my winter white paint for their base paint (except for the Gamescom/IDF Style, since it makes sense there) as I'm not happy with that and honestly, I can just make them all a dark green or something and then the snow effect in-game can handle the rest. ANYWAY, images.

All of the "Beutepanzer" styles except for Sweden now also swap MoEs to the respective new nation (Italy is unchanged at the moment as well, but that's because I personally use the same marks for German and Italian tanks, which I'll swap out when I upload it). The French roundel has also been swapped to the Free French emblem for obvious reasons. The IDF and Finnish styles aren't final. I'm not sure about an IDF Emblem, the Finnish marks are still questionable and I plan on trying to add some camos for the Finns too (IDF Won't use camos though, for obvious reasons).

Spoiler

Also, I highly recommend getting Notepad++ or the like and messing with this stuff yourself. I only edited the styles that I own, so stuff like the football styles and so on received no changes since I don't have them and wasn't going to use replays to modify them, nor modifying them without being able to check them. I can upload if necessary a clean version of the styles.xml and such so you can start fresh without any of my edits. 

This is of course currently unfinished. Well, it is and it isn't. It's in a state that I'm happy to upload it, but I'm still messing with stuff on my end as well. I wanted to maybe add some camos to the Finnish style but there wasn't really any other camos I could pull from without editing existing ones already (problem is mostly that I have to use a camo that's tiled for all nations, otherwise it would look good on some and terrible on others). I'm also still making some custom camos that mean I might change an existing one later on.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Right, perhaps a better way to show the changes than the above. This is of course not everything, which I'll list below the spoiler (or atleast, all I can think of off the top of my head), but just some examples.

Original style on left, modified style on right

The changes to styles, as far as I remember, are:

-all rental styles. Some have had the camos changed while others stayed as they were and paint has been added to all of them.

-all Gold styles. Excluding the Swedish one, they have been changed to "Beutepanzer" styles, using different nation camos and emblems. To get this to work meant I had to unfortunately replace some of the existing camos for each nation so that there are no tiling issues, so in some cases that colours aren't perfect, but it works. This includes MoE Changes, meaning using the example, the German marks would be replaced with the Soviet ones. This might cause issues on some tanks, but I've not seen any on mine yet.

-2017 Christmas camos are now all using the 23Feb camo, with the different palettes of course. I have done nothing to the 2018 Camos though, as I only own one and as mentioned in the OP I avoided editing ones I don't own so I thought it would be weird to edit only the one I own and not the others, thus I left it as it is.

-the Battle of Kursk style for the T-34S Now uses a different paint for each season (bit unsure on the winter one but I also kinda like it). The existing paint was just a slightly darker version of the base USSR Colour and so I wanted to use a different summer paint as well, which is what you see in the example.

-the Battle of Kursk style for all tanks has also been changed. The summer camo remains unchanged while it now uses the Black Widow winter camo and a modified desert camo using I think the Thanksgiving camo. This means it will look a bit eh on tanks that can't apply paint, as these styles use transparency and weren't designed to work on those. I wish I could edit the camouflages.xml and just add different palettes for the Kursk camo, as this mirrors the Italian marathon style except for the desert one, but I can't.

-the Clan Style for just being in a clan or whatever was swapped to CW Digital. It's not the one we're all familiar with probably, but that has tiling issues due to how it's weirdly implemented, so I chose this instead (looks better anyway IMO).

-the Gamescom style has been swapped to an IDF Style with a unique emblem and MoEs and has a different colour per season (IDF Olive Green for summer, a standard Winter White for winter and IDF Sinai Grey for desert). I'm not sold on the emblem and may change it in the future, but for now it works. There are no plans for camo on this style and I like it as is.

-the Dark Runners style has been swapped to a Finnish style with a unique emblem and MoEs and has a different colour per season. I'm a bit iffy on the MoEs but wanted something that looked similar to the German ones while not just using those, so I used an old variant I tested ages back. I want to add camos to the style, but as it is there are none since I need to use camos that are tiled to all nations and have the colours I wanted, which is kinda a big thing to ask considering I can't modify the camouflages.xml. I'm also put off editing some because I've already modified some camos such as the 7th Anniversary one just to make one style work which makes the camo otherwise look quite bad, but oh well.

-the September Marathon "Royal Hunter" style has been swapped to a Berlin Brigade style. I added one of the weathering effects to it as well and in garage the Czech Brown appears darker than normal at some angles, but I'm not sure if that's just on the FV Or not, something I might edit by just removing the weathering.

-the Italian Marathon style has been swapped to use the Battle of Kursk summer camo and Black Widow winter camo, while keeping the Italian marathon camo for desert (where it looks best). IIRC I also applied a weathering effect to it just to make it slightly different to the Battle of Kursk one, but I'm not 100% Sure.

-the Frontline styles have had paints added to them and I think a weathering effect added. It's odd that they didn't originally use paint as the colour seems to fit them pretty well, though IIRC The "Eastern" style or perhaps "Captured" actually used a bit of transparency on the camo which might be why.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:41 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

With 1.5 I've modified a few camos. The main focus at the moment, Sweden:

Spoiler

Current on top, new on the bottom:

-I tried to make the summer splinter highlight the light green more. I'm planning on adding a bit more tan. Since the base colour almost perfectly matches the dark green on the scheme too, that means anyone who's just using the camo without any paint (i.e, not using the rental style, which is what I've currently got it as for testing and might keep it that way) will actually still have a decent looking 3-colour pattern instead, unlike some other patterns unfortunately where the lack of paint makes them look a bit.. euh.

-I replaced the winter "splinter" with a sort of "damaged" winter white, for lack of a better description. Courtesy of Milky, who was polite enough to give me a bunch of WT Camos to work with which I'm also experimenting with for other nations, but more on that in the future. I might try to make an actual winter splinter camo, maybe something more like this if I can actually do 3-colour with the winter camos (which I don't think I can, but it's never not worth experimenting with), but the current one was not actually a pattern made for the slot, I just sort of slapped it on there and called it a day.

-though it's not noticeable, I swapped the desert waves to a different one. Sadly I can't do too much with this pattern, and I'm not a fan of the darker, orange colour but that's literally all there is to the pattern.

EDIT: Updated splinter pattern:

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 13 April 2019 - 05:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users