Who would love some radio operator cool skills?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

OMG_Abaddon #1 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

It's no news that radio operators are trash. More radio range when your radio already extends further than you need, what's the point? 3% view range is the only useful skill on them. So I'm just saying because I doubt new skills would come in the future, but I would really like to enjoy leveling up my radio operators beyond the common skills, here are some suggestions:

1. Artillery shell prevention: Warn other crew members when an artillery shoots at you. Crew has time to cover their ears and duck to protect themselves. -10% stun duration duration, stacks with large medkit, spall liners, etc.

2. Improved radio receptors: Radio gets better coverage and can play the new Tanks FM hits, with some music your crew are more energized. +5% all crew skills, stacks with vents, food, etc.

3. Comms interceptor: Radioman learned to decipher enemy codes and knows their next step! This information can be used to find enemies before they know we're here. Increased view range vs enemies within own radio range.

4. Radio jammer: Radioman knows how to jamms communications for the enemy team, while you are targeting them (similar to Eagle eye) you can jamm their radios and reduce their effective range. Reduce enemy targeted radio range.

There may be more, but with these 4 I'm sure people would start treating their radiomen to some first aid at times instead of being neglected for their useless contribution.

Miepie #2 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
...for my tanks that keep their radio operator, I'd like them. But my heart weeps for the poor commanders that also have the radio operator job. They are overworked already as it is... :unsure:

tank276 #3 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52363 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 01 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

It's no news that radio operators are trash. More radio range when your radio already extends further than you need, what's the point? 3% view range is the only useful skill on them. So I'm just saying because I doubt new skills would come in the future, but I would really like to enjoy leveling up my radio operators beyond the common skills, here are some suggestions:

1. Artillery shell prevention: Warn other crew members when an artillery shoots at you. Crew has time to cover their ears and duck to protect themselves. -10% stun duration duration, stacks with large medkit, spall liners, etc.

2. Improved radio receptors: Radio gets better coverage and can play the new Tanks FM hits, with some music your crew are more energized. +5% all crew skills, stacks with vents, food, etc.

3. Comms interceptor: Radioman learned to decipher enemy codes and knows their next step! This information can be used to find enemies before they know we're here. Increased view range vs enemies within own radio range.

4. Radio jammer: Radioman knows how to jamms communications for the enemy team, while you are targeting them (similar to Eagle eye) you can jamm their radios and reduce their effective range. Reduce enemy targeted radio range.

There may be more, but with these 4 I'm sure people would start treating their radiomen to some first aid at times instead of being neglected for their useless contribution.

Dude, you can have a radio operator with BIA, repairs ,camo and sit. awareness.

How many 5 skill crewmembers you have in general?

And most of the tanks dont even have a dedicated radioman anyway.

The_Naa #4 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5247 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

One Such skill could be: "decoded message"

Radio operator caught a message from enemy tank requesting fire support to your tank and warns you about it. 

Edited by The_Naa, 01 April 2019 - 01:27 PM.

DuncaN_101 #5 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54592 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
The entire skill set could do with a bit of an update so... Don't hold your breath I'd say

TPpie #6 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16230 battles

I think the Loader needs a bit more love than any other crew member, personally.

Alternatively I'd like to see a perk/skill that increases module's HPs (much like the loader's safe stowage perk - guess he can be exempt)  via 'refined maintenance' or something. (i.e driver can have a skill/perk to increase the module HP of a tanks tracks/engine/fuel tanks - modestly, of course.)

But I don't think that crew skills/crew mechanics are in WGs priority for now (as per the recent Q&A they had)

Edited by TPpie, 01 April 2019 - 01:32 PM.

barison1 #7 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41043 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
for kv5 the radioguy should be able to train "increased personal protection"  50% less chance to die   :trollface:

OMG_Abaddon #8 Posted 01 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View Posttank276, on 01 April 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

Dude, you can have a radio operator with BIA, repairs ,camo and sit. awareness.

How many 5 skill crewmembers you have in general?

And most of the tanks dont even have a dedicated radioman anyway.

I know, about skills it's just the point of giving the radioman some skills that aren't just common ones, add something to them that isn't worthless like giving your allies greater coverage range (seriously who cares about allies, this game's about ultimate egocentrism). If everyone just gets all the useful spells every time what's the point of having different skill sets anyway? For the sake of variety I'd say.

And even for those tanks that don't have a radioman, the point is that you can do something on the tanks that have one. Hell, my favorite light tank is T71 DA and it doesn't have a loader either.

View PostThe_Naa, on 01 April 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

One Such skill could be: "decoded message"

Radio operator caught a message from enemy tank requesting fire support to your tank and warns you about it. 

Uh this looks great too.

View PostDuncaN_101, on 01 April 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

The entire skill set could do with a bit of an update so... Don't hold your breath I'd say

Yeah as I said I wasn't expecting any, I mostly made this to have something that counters the 200+ threads of "this tank is crap, this player shot me and he's not blue but I am after I shot him 7 times, cars are OP, nerf arta...". At least have some fun around before we all go mad I guess.

S1dew1nder #9 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles

all crew should be able to train in temporal mechanics i think 

"hey guys its S1dew1nder from 2021 wg implemented temporal mechanics as a crew training skill about 6 months ago my time and it's not good guys player base has taken a real hit about 18k online at peek but you can save the game just keep being nice to S1dew1nder and liking his posts and he'll stop post about time travel and such nonsense and wg wont see it and get any ideas and things can go back to normal, good luck guys oh and as we like to say at the temporal contingency centre there's no time like the present"  

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18476 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 01 April 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

These are good ideas. I'd make slight changes to them but overall, I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Verblonde #11 Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2552 battles
  • [FUNDB] FUNDB

Sort of on-topic: wasn't there something in the recent Q&A about possibly moving the crews in WOT towards more of a WOWS model i.e. one commander, and all the skills are attached to him.

Source: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/704476-developer-and-blogger-stream-qa-english-transcript/

"We’re leaning towards leaving just one Commander for a tank who’ll represent an entire crew. However, it’s just a concept as of now. Right now, we don’t have an answer on how to rework and reimburse players who poured money and time into training Crew members."

Not sure how I feel about this; it works in WOWS, but WOT...?

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53131 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Efficient Communication - reduce the radio waves emitting from the radio set in your tank which causes enemy SPGs to shoot 10% further away from you than  where you actually are.

Smoke emitters - permit your exhaust pipes to emit enough smoke to hide your presence for 20 secs.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 01 April 2019 - 10:10 PM.

Room418 #13 Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7539 battles
  • [POWX] POWX
It is fine as it is. :-) 

Laatikkomafia #14 Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:56 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Loaders are the role who needs a useful skill / perk. The current ones are either highly situational (be in a one-shot state or actively swap between shell types in a situation where you shouldn't be reloading in the first place) or reducing the chance of blowing up (which shouldn't happen in the first place either).

Two perks for example:

-Standardized ammunition: The loader carefully chooses the ammunition loadout before the battle, reducing the penetration variation from -25% - +25% to -20% - +20%.

-Lubricated ammunition: The loader coats the armor piercing ammunition with a thin coat of lubricant, increasing the shell velocity of AP(CR) ammunition by 10%.

Pandabird #15 Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35602 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I like the first one, could be up towards -20% (progressive with leveling %), Stun is just awful when you try to carry

Miepie #16 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

For reasons of symmetry I wouldn't mind a "first aid" skill to complement the reusable first aid kits, exactly equal to how the "repair" skill works with the reusable repair kits. At the very least, it will please those oldbies who have no new crew skills to learn and reduce their costs of fighting in tier 9 / 10 battles by lessening the need to use their first aid kits. :great:

edit: of course, this will make the "jack of all trades" perk slightly more useless than it currently already is...

Edited by Miepie, 02 April 2019 - 12:24 AM.

TPpie #17 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16230 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 April 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Smoke emitters - permit your exhaust pipes to emit enough smoke to hide your presence for 20 secs.

But don't (most) tanks already have smoke dischargers/tubes (Lack of a better term) attached on them?

WG could just introduce that as a basically ability... (for tanks that can use them) albeit 20 seconds a bit too much, perhaps 5-8 seconds?

RenamedUser_50080245721 #18 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_
I just want to sing over the radio or put on some classic music in your wheely before yoloing into enemy team.

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46823 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postbarison1, on 01 April 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

for kv5 the radioguy should be able to train "increased personal protection"  50% less chance to die   :trollface:

​This would be even better on the T28 f-30 where you have 2 poor souls sat in the suicide pods at the front. The amount of matches I have finished where both or one are dead is hilarious.... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users