Disabling Team Damage - Yay or Nay?

team damage HP TK kill killer feature update vote

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Team Damage Be Disabled? (228 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should Team Damage Be Disabled?

1. Yes (93 votes [40.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.79%

2. No (124 votes [54.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.39%

3. I don't care (11 votes [4.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.82%

Vote Hide poll

NUKLEAR_SLUG #21 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32485 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

I for one look forward to being able to spend my time in game pushing my allies out of cover safe in the knowledge my team will now be able to do absolutely nothing to stop me.

Yeah, voted no.

rageman4u #22 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16800 battles

Team damage should be disabled.

Today i was playing my ism and one guy with 43 wr playing his t95 behind the cap circle start to say noob ism.  I tried the 50m rule to spot the enemies, this guy just hit me  from my back as he wants me to rush to t10 tanks to spot for him.  Can you imagine? I will just die for 43 wr guy for like a slave. So i couldnt survive much there and t95 was all blind. He paid back his stupid actions but still telling me  that i am noob in the battle. 

SuedKAT #23 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Overall the positives outweigh the negatives in regards to removing team damage, however the most noticeable change is how arty now can shoot at targets you're circling/face-hugging without risking to hit you. Then again they do that all the time anyhow and since it's very rare that I see anyone get team damaged from anything but arty the end result will be better than what it currently is and I must admit that look forward to not having to eat a HE shell in the rear from "friendly" arty all the time when I'm circling/face-hugging a target.

Edited by SuedKAT, 02 April 2019 - 04:37 AM.

zsplintersz #24 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1921 battles
Keep it realistic. Friendly fire exists. Enough fantasy already with shooting cars

Yaccay #25 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34751 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

I think disabling teamdamage is just dumbing down the game.

I also suggest WG to disabling turning over tanks, because it is also inconvenient for the players.

Personally I think 6th sense also a bad thing. I remember without 6th sense it was an excitement to go spotting, because it was a risk. Now with 6th sense, risk gone, excitement gone.

satakuua #26 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12517 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View Postzsplintersz, on 02 April 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

Keep it realistic. Friendly fire exists. Enough fantasy already with shooting cars

+1

Jahpero #27 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

• 10863 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Hello everyone, 

I edited few inappropriate posts. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your point of view in a constructive way, without offensive content. 

Regards,
Jahpero

Kozzy #28 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 40701 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Amount of times my game has been negatively impacted by blocking/pushing ~ 20-30

Amount of games negatively impacted by team damage (accidental and intentional) ~ 1,000+

Forum user A) "Don't remove team damage!  If someone blocks you just shoot them!"

Also Forum  user A) "Never shoot green tanks."

Dorander #29 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20369 battles

View PostSlenderMoose, on 02 April 2019 - 12:52 AM, said:

Come back after another 1k games in KV-1... I'm not really feeling your padding hard enough to talk to me. 

Please use the correct head to think.

First of all, the amount of battles I've played in the KV-1 is irrelevant to any argument about team damage.

Secondly, how good a player is is irrelevant to the quality of any post or argument.

Thirdly, you being inconsistent is not my fault, then again it's not surprising that if you said something really nonsensical and contradictory you rely again on something nonsensical as a rebuttal.

Fourthly, the KV-1 used to be my tank to grind credits in as I was a pure free to play player for a very long time and I have barely touched it since those days, so the only thing it was used to pad is my credit wallet.

If you don't want people to talk to you and point out when you're not making sense, get off the Internet. In fact, protect yourself from all human interaction because it will occur again otherwise. Alternatively you could grow up and admit you made a mistake because you failed to read and understand what the thread is asking you to vote on.

JCD3nton #30 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25803 battles
There is no team dmg in Frontline and it feels very good. I'm sick and tired of people shooting you just because you don't do what they want.

Homer_J #31 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No.

it was disabled in FL and I had idiots piling in front of me especially when taking down the objectives.  It was extremely annoying to just lose a shell into the back of an ally and it do nothing.

Sirebellus #32 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21940 battles

Not being able to do team damage would make having arty support more desirable... get a couple of facehugging heavies, drop a shell on them, damage, track, injure crew and stun the enemy but leave your own teams tank untouched... that seems fair

Rati_Festa #33 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47620 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSignal11th, on 01 April 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

nah needs to be kept, how can you run  "tk a tard day"  otherwise? 

​I had that day yesterday, the amount of french auto loader bots attempting to complete the Amx50b missions by sniping at the back of the map was infuriating. I was playing my newly researched jgpze100... I noticed they move quite quickly when I dumped 1k into them :)
09:32 Added after 3 minutes

View PostDorander, on 02 April 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Please use the correct head to think.

First of all, the amount of battles I've played in the KV-1 is irrelevant to any argument about team damage.

Secondly, how good a player is is irrelevant to the quality of any post or argument.

Thirdly, you being inconsistent is not my fault, then again it's not surprising that if you said something really nonsensical and contradictory you rely again on something nonsensical as a rebuttal.

Fourthly, the KV-1 used to be my tank to grind credits in as I was a pure free to play player for a very long time and I have barely touched it since those days, so the only thing it was used to pad is my credit wallet.

If you don't want people to talk to you and point out when you're not making sense, get off the Internet. In fact, protect yourself from all human interaction because it will occur again otherwise. Alternatively you could grow up and admit you made a mistake because you failed to read and understand what the thread is asking you to vote on.

:)

eldrak #34 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50311 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 April 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

That and mission rigging. As with no risk of arty damageing their team mates. Platooning with 3-4 super heavies "console platoons is capped at 5, not 3". Tell them to block a target that can't push them and box it in. Your arty can now farm that target with stuns or damage with ease. As he can't go anywhere. Seen that a fair few times.

That's not rigging. Rigging is cooperating with players on the enemy team.

10:09 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 02 April 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

No.

it was disabled in FL and I had idiots piling in front of me especially when taking down the objectives.  It was extremely annoying to just lose a shell into the back of an ally and it do nothing.

What tank are you playing that is so low that you can't shoot the very elevated big guns?

UserZer00 #35 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12053 battles
I'd prefer to see it removed for shots done in the 1st 1 minute of the game  but leaving the collision damage active.

They should reactivate shot damage after 1 minute  but also increase the team damage punishment.

I'm on the line about removing it for arty or not.  

I think thay if they nerf arty too much they should remove team damage to allow them to shoot into combat, even if it feels unrealistic.

Jigabachi #36 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Nay.
For reasons that have been discussed back and forth many times already.
Would make the game a lot more casual and boring.
All we'd need is a better punishment system. But that would require some work, so that's not an option for WG. Same strategy as with the crossteamchat.

baribal_80 #37 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24322 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 01 April 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

So you think it would be fun for allies to randomly detrack you multiple times?

Or arties intentionally trying to stun you?

Or someone trying to intentionally flip you over?

Because if team damage weren't punishable, there would be enough of rear-hole players to do such things.

So your argument is.

Let's not fix one thing because other things are broken?

Ok then. I will go murder someone and my defence will be "but this guy was speeding in his car"

11:37 Added after 0 minutes

View PostJigabachi, on 02 April 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Nay.
For reasons that have been discussed back and forth many times already.
Would make the game a lot more casual and boring.
All we'd need is a better punishment system. But that would require some work, so that's not an option for WG. Same strategy as with the crossteamchat.

Casual? Boring? Yeah I play this game because some imbecil can team kill me, not because I want a challenge. 
11:38 Added after 2 minutes

View Postzsplintersz, on 02 April 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

This game was never meant to be realistic, it isn't realistic. When was the last time you had fully aimed shots fly into the sky in real life? Or tanks sliding on soap rocks, or invisible walls? Or made up tanks? 
11:40 Added after 4 minutes

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 April 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

I for one look forward to being able to spend my time in game pushing my allies out of cover safe in the knowledge my team will now be able to do absolutely nothing to stop me.

Yeah, voted no.

Yeah because people who push allies stop doing it when you shoot them. Seriously when it has ever worked to shoot a guy who is pushing you? Never. Yeah people push but shooting them doesn't stop them and it doesn't prevent other people from pushing you. It's some faulty logic. I know mods think the only constricture criticism here is "you are a beautiful flower and your opinions are as enlightening as the ones that came from moses on stone tablets but sorry you are wrong and your opinion follows no rules or logic and is based on no real observation. 

satakuua #38 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12517 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View PostKozzy, on 02 April 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Amount of times my game has been negatively impacted by blocking/pushing ~ 20-30

Amount of games negatively impacted by team damage (accidental and intentional) ~ 1,000+

Forum user A) "Don't remove team damage!  If someone blocks you just shoot them!"

Also Forum  user A) "Never shoot green tanks."

I do not have anything close to your amount of battles, but really? If I have been the target of ire from my team mates, it is usually someone pushing me. It happens maybe once in a blue moon someone from my own team shoots me in anger.

I really had no clue how prevalent team killers are.

baribal_80 #39 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24322 battles

View Postsatakuua, on 02 April 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

I do not have anything close to your amount of battles, but really? If I have been the target of ire from my team mates, it is usually someone pushing me. It happens maybe once in a blue moon someone from my own team shoots me in anger.

There are many accidental team shots. Also even if someone doesn't kill you it's often a teammate shoots another teammate, then that guy shoots back and you have 2 tanks basically out of the battle. Yeah pushing is bad like some people say but it's better to fix some of the problems than fix none. 

Rati_Festa #40 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47620 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsatakuua, on 02 April 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

​I agree, I get shoved and pushed far more than I ever been shot. Especially in turretless assault tds, I have just been grinding the german td lines, the amount of fools pushing me in heavies is very frustrating, Defender and Oho drivers being the main culprits.

The only tanks I have an issue with friendly fire is td camping bots thinking I should yolo scout for them in my light tanks.

Also tagged with team, damage, HP, TK, kill, killer, feature, update, vote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users