Jump to content


Some Tanks are harder to Ace than others

rental vehicles

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

arthurwellsley #1 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:15 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53127 battles
  • 3,651
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

I played a game in my AMX 50 100 for old times sake. This was once a meta tank in team battles (many years ago). It has been hanging around in my garage with a three perk crew, unused and unloved for at least three years now. So I played one game in it as ToTT gives a decent batch of rewards for that one game in the AMX 50 100. I won the game, nothing special, but also got a rental on a Somua.

 

So then I thought I may as well run the Somua rental with my 50B crew for the added exp.

In that battle the Somua was top tier and I got the following results;

5,055 damage
138,038 silver credits
8,840 wn8
3 kills
Steel Wall
High Calibre

Base exp = 1,327

 

But only 1st Class. If 1,327 base exp only gives first class, how much base exp do you need to get an Ace in the Somua? I am really surprised that the requirements for what I have always thought of as a pretty lack lustre tier VIII are so high.

 

So this post is about my surprise at the Somua having such a high base exp requirment for Ace. Why?

 

Replay or it never happened =http://wotreplays.eu...llsley-somua_sm


Edited by arthurwellsley, 02 April 2019 - 09:16 AM.


PontusJanssonsMagic #2 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51185 battles
  • 898
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
I had and ~1700 xp battle and only first class, Was when Frontline mode was on so wondered if that somehow messed up the average xp for ACE. really 1300 and above should Ace in most tanks

Laatikkomafia #3 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • 4,870
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010
Because some tanks are better than others.

Objec7 #4 Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14729 battles
  • 531
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

View PostPontusJanssonsMagic, on 02 April 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

I had and ~1700 xp battle and only first class, Was when Frontline mode was on so wondered if that somehow messed up the average xp for ACE. really 1300 and above should Ace in most tanks

 

ACE comes from how better others plays on that tank. You just have to play better ^^

divsmo #5 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35038 battles
  • 383
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Yup generally the better the tank the higher the requirements, had a 1455xp base game in the tier 8 prem wheelie and that was only a first class.

Seem to remember when the elc even 90 came out the ace was set somewhere around 1500base xp as well.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 45858 battles
  • 9,528
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

Mastery requirements are based on what results the general player population has achieved with the specific tank in the last two weeks (I think). The more a tank appeals to the better playerbase the higher the ace requirements are. In general premium tanks will have higher requirements than comparable techtree tanks, as esp. good players will use them over their techtree counterparts and premium tank results aren't dragged down by stock grinds (best example: Cromwell vs. Cromwell B, almost identical tanks but very different results overall).

 

Don't know if it is still the case, but in the past it was almost impossible to ace certain T1 tanks, as rerolls got insane results with them in the initial training matches against bots.



eldrak #7 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 50120 battles
  • 1,213
  • [GR-W] GR-W
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011

Somua has a requirement somewhere around 1430-1470 right now for Ace.
 

You need to up your game a bit more :)



arthurwellsley #8 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:35 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53127 battles
  • 3,651
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Posteldrak, on 02 April 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Somua has a requirement somewhere around 1430-1470 right now for Ace.
 

You need to up your game a bit more :)

 

Clearly you are correct I need to git gudderer.

 

I am just surprised that good players bother with the Somua and that the requirement has got as high as 1430-1470 base exp. I only played it for one battle, and although I did OK in it, the long reload and inter clip time did not exactly make it feel a particularly strong tank.



TungstenHitman #9 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26363 battles
  • 4,923
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

It's a solid battle, but 1327 base which for some of the more popular tanks used by really excellent players, you're looking for something like 1450+ base xp. You're only talking a couple about another 3-5 shots or a tracked kill on a tank with some meat on it for your teammates to demolish. It can seem tough given you just had a really good battle but for some tanks, you really need that extra moment of brilliance during a battle, you can almost feel when the battle is that special enough and almost feel when it's a "mmmmm.... not sure about that one, will be close... probably needed a few more shots"

 

There was some tough ones to mark because they are played by excellent players and also the timing of them makes them tough because they were just released so the standard was particularly high, of around the 1500 base xp mark, as a minimum standard for a chance. Premiums can also be that little bit higher even though average Joes also drag the standards down reason being, there is no stock grinds with poor layouts, it's as good a tank as it's going to be crew skills not withstanding and average Joes will drag down tech tree stock tanks even more than they can premium tanks, so just a little bit tougher to mark on average. Not 1500 base tough mind you, so I guess it's a much fancied tank with excellent players right now. Can lower too though, as these same good players are distracted by something new to try in the game and move off.



Jauhesammutin #10 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23031 battles
  • 372
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View PostPontusJanssonsMagic, on 02 April 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

I had and ~1700 xp battle and only first class, Was when Frontline mode was on so wondered if that somehow messed up the average xp for ACE. really 1300 and above should Ace in most tanks

 

With what tank?

Geno1isme #11 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 45858 battles
  • 9,528
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 April 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

I am just surprised that good players bother with the Somua and that the requirement has got as high as 1430-1470 base exp. I only played it for one battle, and although I did OK in it, the long reload and inter clip time did not exactly make it feel a particularly strong tank.

 

Well, the reload and aimtime are way better than on the 50 100 or the Lorraine, the only thing that really holds the tank back is the poor mobility. I had it as rental for a few battles a couple months ago, and while it got some very good damage numbers out I wasn't really enjoying the tank as it simply was to slow to actually engage+isolate targets.

Edited by Geno1isme, 02 April 2019 - 12:24 PM.


Baldrickk #12 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31951 battles
  • 15,806
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostGeno1isme, on 02 April 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

 

Well, the reload and aimtime are way better than on the 50 100 or the Lorraine, the only thing that really holds the tank back is the poor mobility. I had it as rental for a few battles a couple months ago, and while it got some very good damage numbers out I wasn't really enjoying the tank as it simply was to slow to actually engage+isolate targets.

And it has some armour too.  Not much but it isn't an auto pen like the 50 100 or lorry.

 

I don't have one, but the reason people don't seem to be yelling it's praises that it's the same tier as say, the Defender, and ofc the 357 MM hurting tier 8.

 

Seems like a very good tank overall, and also one that attracts the better players as opposed to being a n00bmagnet



SuedKAT #13 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,692
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

Aced mine the other day:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4831519#stats

 

I quite like it and it's for sure one of the better premiums out there but since it see the standard bottom tier MM all day I find the Lorraine to be more enjoyable in the current MM.


Edited by SuedKAT, 02 April 2019 - 01:01 PM.


Balc0ra #14 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69698 battles
  • 18,721
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

But only 1st Class. If 1,327 base exp only gives first class, how much base exp do you need to get an Ace in the Somua? I am really surprised that the requirements for what I have always thought of as a pretty lack lustre tier VIII are so high.

 

So this post is about my surprise at the Somua having such a high base exp requirment for Ace. Why?

 

Replay or it never happened =http://wotreplays.eu...llsley-somua_sm

 

Most "lackluster" tanks do have insane ace requirements still on and off due to low population to name one. And I suspect that's the case here going by most stats. Thus that 1% pool is smaller to beat. Take the Churchill GC as an extreme example. One time I can get Ace on a 700 base XP game doing next to nothing. Next time I play it a few weeks later, 1300 XP is not even enough. As 1% of nothing is still just a handful of insane games in it one week vs just bad games in it the weeks before to beat. Compared to the more popular tanks that have a few thousand games in that 1% for you to beat. You see the same when a new line comes, and only a few has the tier 8+ tanks yet. As in less then 1000. Then 1500 is not even enough to ace most of them. 

 

Tho the Souma has close to 100K users on EU, over 3 times less than the 50 100. According to most stat sites "updated before the TOTT rentals", not even 700 of those 90K took it out the past month. And two sites had less than 100 games registered on it in the past 2 weeks. So if we goe on that data. 1% of that is what you need to beat. As in a handful of insane games. Tho with the rentals the population will ofc go up. That and vs the 50 100, it's a way more flexible tank in terms of DPM and reloads. So most will ofc do better in it, lower or higher population numbers.

 

Homer_J #15 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,684
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 April 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

what I have always thought of as a pretty lack lustre tier VIII

 

It's not though.



cicis2016 #16 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 749 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View Postarthurwellsley, on 02 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

I played a game in my AMX 50 100 for old times sake. This was once a meta tank in team battles (many years ago). It has been hanging around in my garage with a three perk crew, unused and unloved for at least three years now. So I played one game in it as ToTT gives a decent batch of rewards for that one game in the AMX 50 100. I won the game, nothing special, but also got a rental on a Somua.

 

So then I thought I may as well run the Somua rental with my 50B crew for the added exp.

In that battle the Somua was top tier and I got the following results;

5,055 damage
138,038 silver credits
8,840 wn8
3 kills
Steel Wall
High Calibre

Base exp = 1,327

 

But only 1st Class. If 1,327 base exp only gives first class, how much base exp do you need to get an Ace in the Somua? I am really surprised that the requirements for what I have always thought of as a pretty lack lustre tier VIII are so high.

 

So this post is about my surprise at the Somua having such a high base exp requirment for Ace. Why?

 

Replay or it never happened =http://wotreplays.eu...llsley-somua_sm

its ilegal to trade acaunts !!

 

reported



Laatikkomafia #17 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 23006 battles
  • 4,870
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 April 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

Most "lackluster" tanks do have insane ace requirements still on and off due to low population to name one. And I suspect that's the case here going by most stats. Thus that 1% pool is smaller to beat. Take the Churchill GC as an extreme example. One time I can get Ace on a 700 base XP game doing next to nothing. Next time I play it a few weeks later, 1300 XP is not even enough. As 1% of nothing is still just a handful of insane games in it one week vs just bad games in it the weeks before to beat. Compared to the more popular tanks that have a few thousand games in that 1% for you to beat. You see the same when a new line comes, and only a few has the tier 8+ tanks yet. As in less then 1000. Then 1500 is not even enough to ace most of them. 

 

Tho the Souma has close to 100K users on EU, over 3 times less than the 50 100. According to most stat sites "updated before the TOTT rentals", not even 700 of those 90K took it out the past month. And two sites had less than 100 games registered on it in the past 2 weeks. So if we goe on that data. 1% of that is what you need to beat. As in a handful of insane games. Tho with the rentals the population will ofc go up. That and vs the 50 100, it's a way more flexible tank in terms of DPM and reloads. So most will ofc do better in it, lower or higher population numbers.

 

SirFoch was playing it for the memes and missions a while ago, might double the ace requirement :hiding:

vasilinhorulezz #18 Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23236 battles
  • 1,398
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
It took over 8000k damage for me to ace the 430U, and still haven't managed to ace the M48 or the T54E1.

PontusJanssonsMagic #19 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51185 battles
  • 898
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011

View PostJauhesammutin, on 02 April 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

 

With what tank?

 

WZ premium TD. It was 1675 base xp


Edited by PontusJanssonsMagic, 02 April 2019 - 11:07 PM.


Dorander #20 Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 19620 battles
  • 4,193
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

Quite honestly I frequently see above average players perform very well in the Somua. I initially underestimated it too, thinking it just another crappy premium, but these days I take more care when facing one. It's like a chunkier Lorraine and you ignore it at your own peril.

 

View Postcicis2016, on 02 April 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

its ilegal to trade acaunts !!

 

reported

 

Euh... wut?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users