Players that never cap & pointless flamers...

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_50080245721 #1 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

Warning: shitpost.

So I just had a game were we are losing but we have 5 tanks near their base and enemy is too slow to get back in time. However nobody caps even though they are told to cap and everybody goes for a tiny bit of extra damage (or they just die). We are behind in tank-count and hp and the enemy unicum player is still alive.

Result: we lose a game that we should have won.

Last time the players whom didn't cap were all green and yellow so it's not like they are tomatoes who don't know and green players are actually pretty good. What is this? Why? Is there such a stigma associated with capping? Is capping only for noobs? 'Pros' don't cap or something? Or did they watch a guide that said: "you get less xp for capping" and they can't think for themselves and be like "oh, maybe I should cap for double xp/creds which is likely more xp than losing + 1-2 extra shots".

The only reason not to cap would be to get 3 MoE right? Which by itself is a slightly flawed mechanic then.

Something else that also never ceases to amaze me:

Spoiler

Always getting flamed by the bottom 5 lowest tanks in the team. On average I would say that I get flamed about 2-3x a day and flames towards others I estimate about roughly every 3 to 4 games. Is there any point to not turning chat off? These players are so bad they need to blame others so they don't have to look at their own lack of skill/experience or something?

Btw in that case above I was repositioning since I was getting attacked from 2 sides and went to a corner with a bush so I could take down another tank (which actually worked because enemy team was too greedy to work together). I was even brawling because no arty and good hills for me. GL hitting my 6 pixels. But nope I'm the bot again. I even just unlocked the Udes didn't even had Rammer and such yet. I survived the battle because enemy team was too scared to come after me after that.

13:55 Added after 1 minute

Oh erm the forum-spoiler is bugging for me, here is the 2nd screenshot:

Spoiler

Edited by JaculatingEroticElephant, 02 April 2019 - 02:56 PM.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Capping is never a good idea unless there is literally no other way to win the match.

In the case you describe capping would have been needed.

In 95% of the other cases when idiot team mates cry "cap!!!1!" in the chat, it's not needed and just robs your team mates of their XP and credits.

Doing damage is the best way in this game to get credits and XP, capping just shortens the match for everyone meaning people can't get the maximum out of the match.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 02 April 2019 - 02:57 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJaculatingEroticElephant, on 02 April 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

The only reason not to cap would be to get 3 MoE right? Which by itself is a slightly flawed mechanic then.

Not really, sometimes it can just be about doing a bit more damage for a bit more XP. I think you're giving too much credit to greens and the like to be able to recognise why purely going for extra damage would be wrong if going for that will likely result in a defeat.

pecopad #4 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26379 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
Say you need the cap for a mission...

RenamedUser_50080245721 #5 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

I agree and I feel that so many players are unable to see when capping is required. I also estimate that a lot of players do not use mods that shows team hp. Not capping when we there are 8:8 tanks left but the team-HP score is something like 2000:9500. Even worse if most of your team is out-of-position and are about to be attacked from multiple sides. It's a ~98% loss, cap or lose imo.

Yeah maybe I give greens too much credits there. But maybe WG should add team-hp to the default GUI because it gives a lot of info regarding bumrushes & capping.

View Postpecopad, on 02 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

Haha yeah that could work maybe.

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:04 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postpecopad, on 02 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

If anything that makes people less likely to cap in my experience. :teethhappy:

RenamedUser_50080245721 #7 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 April 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

If anything that makes people less likely to cap in my experience. :teethhappy:
When I had the mission and asked for it 2 tanks actually helped me but this was only just once so maybe I got lucky. We let the last enemy tank live on low hp. So nice. Sometimes WoT players can actually be nice to teammates but it is somewhat rare.

Homer_J #8 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Capping is very rarely a good idea but it takes a better player than just yellow or even green to be able to tell when it is.

So the default position of going for the kills is better than a default of going for the cap as it was back in ye olde days.

pecopad #9 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26379 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostJaculatingEroticElephant, on 02 April 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

When I had the mission and asked for it 2 tanks actually helped me but this was only just once so maybe I got lucky. We let the last enemy tank live on low hp. So nice. Sometimes WoT players can actually be nice to teammates but it is somewhat rare.

Well, I say this because I'm struggling with cap missions....

But I avoided being TK because I stated I was in a mission, but most of the times nobody cares, but at least they will not be toxic

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:08 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJaculatingEroticElephant, on 02 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

If someone says it's for a mission I tend to gladly help them unless, as I see it, it's actually a bad idea (which thus far, hasn't happened). Same with kill stuff, though there was atleast a case recently where much as I wanted to give the guy the kill for his mission, I ended up having to take the shot and kill the enemy otherwise we'd lost, though I atleast apologised to him for that. 

tajj7 #11 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

People who tend to cap often = more often than not bad players.

People who don't cap very often but decap often = more often than not good players.

Capping is generally not a good idea, because you literally are telling the enemy where you are. 

Balc0ra #12 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I suspect the "no cap kill all" mentality has something to do with that.

View PostCobra6, on 02 April 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

In 95% of the other cases when idiot team mates cry "cap!!!1!" in the chat, it's not needed and just robs your team mates of their XP and credits.

Ofc a majority of the cases a cap it's not needed. And most of the time there again, it's a sub 50 hp light racing around that gives the team 2 more XP they rage "no cap at".

But there have been many, many a times where they race past cap to kill arty first with 5 guns just outside the enemy cap zone before they start to cap it when there is 10 sec left on the enemy capping our base. As tbh... Win is still a win. And you have to do 0.1 games extra on the XP lost is not the end of the world. I would rather have them do that. Then giggle around outside the enemy cap looking for damage when half the enemy team is near our cap with no eyes on it anymore. 

Elefantas #13 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51317 battles

what are the purple lines showing in the screenshot ?

Miepie #14 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostElefantas, on 02 April 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Clown juice. :sceptic:

RenamedUser_50080245721 #15 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10978 battles
  • [RWTW_] RWTW_

View PostElefantas, on 02 April 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Yes clown juice :)

They show the grid on the actual terrain so I can better estimate spot-ranges but in the end it is just pointless I will remove it next update I think. Though I still like clown skins on tanks otherwise tanks look so boring.

Dr_Blackshark #16 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13667 battles

What i learned from this game: players rather lose than win by capturing. Why? Absolutely no idea.....

My team almost always fail to recognize if capping is the only way to win a match. I've lost countless matches because my teammates went for +1 shot and losing instead of capturing and winning the match.

If you win a match, you gain more xp and credits with the win multiplier than you get from +1 shot with a lose...

It seems like they don't even know about the 1,3x multiplier on xp and creds for those who participating in the cap.

This game is cursed with players without any tactical sense.

Elefantas #17 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51317 battles

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 02 April 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

What i learned from this game: players rather lose than win by capturing. Why? Absolutely no idea.....

My team almost always fail to recognize if capping is the only way to win a match. I've lost countless matches because my teammates went for +1 shot and losing instead of capturing and winning the match.

If you win a match, you gain more xp and credits with the win multiplier than you get from +1 shot with a lose...

It seems like they don't even know about the 1,3x multiplier on xp and creds for those who participating in the cap.

This game is cursed with players without any tactical sense.

most bobs push only "W"and never look minimap

result for this is to die in enemy base circle 99% of games

DeadLecter #18 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28807 battles
Worse than that is when you see the enemy is aggressively pushing a flank that your team abandoned and your team can push their flank or get back and defend the base. Fight or Flight, right? But instead they choose to FREEZE. They stay where they are, they don't defend and don't attack so they get flanked from all possible sides and dead within 2 minutes.

Objec7 #19 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14729 battles

View PostJaculatingEroticElephant, on 02 April 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

So I just had a game were we are losing but we have 5 tanks near their base and enemy is too slow to get back in time. However nobody caps even though they are told to cap and everybody goes for a tiny bit of extra damage (or they just die). We are behind in tank-count and hp and the enemy unicum player is still alive.

Last time the players whom didn't cap were all green and yellow so it's not like they are tomatoes who don't know and green players are actually pretty good. What is this? Why? Is there such a stigma associated with capping? Is capping only for noobs? 'Pros' don't cap or something? Or did they watch a guide that said: "you get less xp for capping" and they can't think for themselves and be like "oh, maybe I should cap for double xp/creds which is likely more xp than losing + 1-2 extra shots".

Spoiler

Always getting flamed by the bottom 5 lowest tanks in the team. On average I would say that I get flamed about 2-3x a day and flames towards others I estimate about roughly every 3 to 4 games. Is there any point to not turning chat off? These players are so bad they need to blame others so they don't have to look at their own lack of skill/experience or something?

Btw in that case above I was repositioning since I was getting attacked from 2 sides and went to a corner with a bush so I could take down another tank (which actually worked because enemy team was too greedy to work together). I was even brawling because no arty and good hills for me. GL hitting my 6 pixels. But nope I'm the bot again. I even just unlocked the Udes didn't even had Rammer and such yet. I survived the battle because enemy team was too scared to come after me after that.

Spoiler

Just like Cobra6 said and people who say 'cap' are often already dead and wants just to get fast to the next battle, I do that myself. ;)

cicis2016 #20 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 749 battles

View PostJaculatingEroticElephant, on 02 April 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

they just having fun and dont care , sorry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users