How much are the different medals/achievements worth?

Rewards XP credits

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

HansiVonHinten #1 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47336 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I have tried to find some information about the rewards/medals/achievements worth, but so far no luck.

Does anybody knows what they are worth?

Eg. often players are platooning up to get brothers in arms, but what do we get for it,10% extra credits, 20% extra XP or something else?

How much extra is high calibar or top gun worth, do we get more for those in higher tiers than lower tiers?

Why are Wargaming so secret about those numbers?

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

They are worth a few bonds depending on which medal and the tank tier.

You get no exp or credits for them though.

There is no secret.  Until bonds for medals arrived you got nothing but a warm feeling inside.

Edited by Homer_J, 03 April 2019 - 01:20 PM.

HansiVonHinten #3 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47336 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostHomer_J, on 03 April 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

They are worth a few bonds depending on which medal and the tank tier.

You get no exp or credits for them though.

I know some gives bonds, but I thought they also gave some extra XP or credits. But then again, this is Wargaming :bush:.

Kozzy #4 Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42114 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 03 April 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

I know some gives bonds, but I thought they also gave some extra XP or credits. But then again, this is Wargaming :bush:.

So YOU thought something that wasn't true and it was someone ELSE'S fault that it wasn't?!

This forum...

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23618 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 03 April 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

I have tried to find some information about the rewards/medals/achievements worth, but so far no luck.

Does anybody knows what they are worth?

Eg. often players are platooning up to get brothers in arms, but what do we get for it,10% extra credits, 20% extra XP or something else?

How much extra is high calibar or top gun worth, do we get more for those in higher tiers than lower tiers?

If you recieve a Battle Heroes medal (Top Gun, High Caliber etc.) from a lost game you get extra XP and credits as if you were on the winning team.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 03 April 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

The keyword here was "thought". But in fact they have never done so. As some medals reward bad play as well as good if you will. Most Kolobanovs are given out on Assault for the last defender hiding vs more guns more so than taking it out as an example, as he sat there all game as he lacks WSAD keys.

Then again you get the 1.5x bonus if you do get battle heroes, epics or platoon medals on a loss. Known as the courageous resistance bonus. That's the only thing medals give in terms of more income or XP. 

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 03 April 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Most numbers are secret or vague. Like how much extra XP do you get for capping? Or getting first spots, killing shots or even how much lights get extra for doing module damage to HT's. As all we know is that they all give a small bonus. But if we knew exactly that this gave me 100 extra XP, and that only gives me 20 extra XP, or 1% on that and 10% on that. Everyone would just sit back and farm the XP that gives the most bonus all the time, or yoloing to get first spots as that gives more then sitting back doing damage etc, changing the flow of the game. Vs just knowing everything is a "small bonus" and take it as you go.

Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostKozzy, on 03 April 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

So YOU thought something that wasn't true and it was someone ELSE'S fault that it wasn't?!

This forum...

He was just asking the question - not demanding something he thought he should have, so wind your arsiness neck in.

This forum eh....

Kozzy #8 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42114 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 03 April 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

He was just asking the question - not demanding something he thought he should have, so wind your arsiness neck in.

This forum eh....

Nah, he made an assumption (based on what? f**k knows) and then whined that his imaginary scenario was just that.  Typical entitled cry baby, that is all.  These snowflakes should not be given a safe space on this forum.

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78930 battles

View PostKozzy, on 03 April 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Nah, he made an assumption (based on what? f**k knows) and then whined that his imaginary scenario was just that.  Typical entitled cry baby, that is all.  These snowflakes should not be given a safe space on this forum.

But we do get extra on a loss, so there's that. 

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 03 April 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

If you recieve a Battle Heroes medal (Top Gun, High Caliber etc.) from a lost game you get extra XP and credits as if you were on the winning team.

This. If nothing else, they're well worth focusing on if the battle win looks unlikely. Something like a Confederate for shooting 6 tanks I think, is one of the easier ones to get and you get something called heroic defeat I think, which is about the same xp, crew xp and credits you would have received for a win. Not sure if it's exactly the same as a win but probably close enough to that. 

Just be aware of it and once you are, it's possible to play to it during what's looking like a defeat and according to your tank class and proximity to whatever is unfolding. For example if the loss is clear, maybe it's easier to race back and reset a cap before you get smoked if someone was capping for a long time to bag a defenders medal or maybe you can easily get in behind for a quick kill on 2 SPG for Pascucci, just keep that in mind. Maybe you might be sitting on 4 or 5 kills with several enemy tanks on 1 shot so go get 6 or set the highest damage since you might already be sitting pretty on a big damage count. 

Captain_Kremen0 #11 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostKozzy, on 03 April 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Re-read his post and tell me WHERE he made an assumption. Then wind your'e neck in just a little further before you look like a complete handpump.

spamhamstar #12 Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 03 April 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Re-read his post and tell me WHERE he made an assumption. Then wind your'e neck in just a little further before you look like a complete handpump.

Is it just me, or are the trolls getting very snowflakey about what constitutes whining these days?

View PostKozzy, on 03 April 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Are you sure you're reading the same posts as everyone else? He started with an innocent enough question & it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume you might get some cash or xp reward to go with your new medal.  The only person who seems to be upset about anything is yourself & ironcally that seems to be due to your own imaginary scenario.

Homer_J #13 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well he does go off on one a bit saying how this information isn't there.  A reasonable person might make the assumption that if it doesn't say you get exp and credits for something then you don't, especially since the wiki has an entire section devoted to earning exp and credits which even says....

You will NOT get experience for:

1. Team-killing.
  2. Damaging an ally's tank, even if said ally is "blue" (i.e. the player's name is shown in blue after team damage/team kill).
  3. Shots that deal no hull damage, destroy no module or kill no crew member.
  4. Shots that destroy a module that had already been destroyed prior (except when a repair pack has been used on it).
  5. For receiving damage. As stated above, you must damage your attacker.
  6. For receiving titles in the "hero of the battle" window.*
  7. For receiving medals or completing achievements.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKozzy, on 03 April 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Read again. No assumption. No entitlement and just minimal whining. He just asked a question and showed a little disappointment when it got answered.

Edited by Jigabachi, 04 April 2019 - 07:52 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #15 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostHomer_J, on 04 April 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

Well he does go off on one a bit saying how this information isn't there.  A reasonable person might make the assumption that if it doesn't say you get exp and credits for something then you don't, especially since the wiki has an entire section devoted to earning exp and credits which even says....

1. Team-killing.
  2. Damaging an ally's tank, even if said ally is "blue" (i.e. the player's name is shown in blue after team damage/team kill).
  4. Shots that destroy a module that had already been destroyed prior (except when a repair pack has been used on it).

To be fair there are players who have never heard of the Wiki page and WG are sometimes more tight lipped than Johnny Tightlips when it comes to information. By all means we can point OP to the Wiki but no need to be an arse about it is there?

PowJay #16 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39877 battles

OP thought that medals give bonuses. So did I until Homer_J replied. It might not be much of XP/Credits/both, but I did think that there was a bonus.

Although the first sentence is innocent enough, the last line of this post does seem critical, as in- "I thought they did but this is Wargaming so I'm not at all surprised that they don't". So I consider the post innocent, but unnecessarily critical of WG just because the OP "thought" that he does, or should, get a bonus.

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 April 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

Then again you get the 1.5x bonus if you do get battle heroes, epics or platoon medals on a loss. Known as the courageous resistance bonus. That's the only thing medals give in terms of more income or XP.

Then we get proof that you DO get XP bonus for (some) medals- as I thought we did, but ONLY on a loss. Fair enough. The OP is not completely misguided and neither am I. Medals can give XP, just not all and not in a win.

Question asked and answered. No need to be a moron about it.

HansiVonHinten #17 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47336 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostHomer_J, on 04 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

1. Team-killing.

Thanks for linking to the specific part of WiKi, I missed that part.

Yes it was my assumption that there was a reward for achievements, medals etc., for me it is logical that you will be rewarded (you do if you lose).
So Wargaming, how about making those medals, achievements and titles something worth? :playing: 

Edited by HansiVonHinten, 04 April 2019 - 11:24 AM.

Kozzy #18 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42114 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Starting to think YOU didn't read the post and got all frothy-mouthed at the subject...

I know some gives bonds, but I thought they also gave some extra XP or credits. But then again, this is Wargamin:bush:.

Let me know if you are still having trouble working out where the assumption is being made...

View PostJigabachi, on 04 April 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

Read again. No assumption. No entitlement and just minimal whining. He just asked a question and showed a little disappointment when it got answered.

Again... do you know what the word 'assumption' means?

Honestly, we need some kind of captcha on these forums where people are asked SAT level questions before they are allowed to post.

Edited by Kozzy, 04 April 2019 - 02:23 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39141 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
When you think of "assumptions" do you see yourself in there somewhere?

Kozzy #20 Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42114 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 04 April 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

When you think of "assumptions" do you see yourself in there somewhere?

I'm guessing this is a language issue where English is not your first language...

Oh well, did you at least find the assumption that was being referred to?

Also tagged with Rewards, XP, credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users