I've got a problem

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Kamil_cruiser #1 Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5740 battles
I can't buy any tank nor using tech tree nor clicking RMB on tank in tech tree and then buy button, I don't know what happened as yesterday I was able to do it, I don't have any mods but just in case opened WoT in safe mode and problem does still exist, what to do? 

Bordhaw #2 Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View PostKamil_cruiser, on 03 April 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

I can't buy any tank nor using tech tree nor clicking RMB on tank in tech tree and then buy button, I don't know what happened as yesterday I was able to do it, I don't have any mods but just in case opened WoT in safe mode and problem does still exist, what to do? 

You have run out of credits. 

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54589 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Get a new mouse?

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19256 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

My set up is to use the left button on the mouse, have you checked your settings?
22:08 Added after 1 minute

View PostFr33nzyFighter, on 03 April 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

Edited

With such a constructive contribution like that, its obvious the OP is not the only one with a problem. 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 04 April 2019 - 09:19 AM.

Dorander #5 Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

Running mods?

If so try without the mods, see if the problem persists.

AvengerOrion #6 Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27429 battles

A bugged modpack once did that to my WoT, so a bad mod sounds like a plausible cause.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Buggy settings might indeed be an issue. Check your key bindings.

PowJay #8 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37771 battles

View PostDorander, on 03 April 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

Running mods?

If so try without the mods, see if the problem persists.

View PostAvengerOrion, on 03 April 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

A bugged modpack once did that to my WoT, so a bad mod sounds like a plausible cause.

It's so nice to see how you properly read the OP. He doesn't use mods and he has started WoT in Safe Mode. :facepalm:

Sorry, Kamil_cruiser, but if you hadn't mentioned it I would have said the same thing. I had a buying/research problem with mods as well. There is some sort of file verification action you can do which might help, but as I've never done it, I can't even recall what it is. Good luck.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
try support they may have an idea

Homer_J #10 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 04 April 2019 - 06:48 AM, said:

It's so nice to see how you properly read the OP. He doesn't use mods and he has started WoT in Safe Mode. 

Trouble is that when pressed that so often becomes "no mods only XVM".

And even safe mode won't help if a mod has messed with core game files.

Next step is uninstall, delete the game folder, delete everything in the wargaming.net folder under %appdata% and reinstall.

250swb #11 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23225 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I can't buy any tank nor using tech tree nor clicking RMB on tank in tech tree and then buy button,

It's always been the LMB by default that you click to buy with. Unplug your mouse and plug it back in again. Also on the Launch screen there is a 'Settings' tab, in this you will find a 'Repair' button, see if that works.

Edited by 250swb, 04 April 2019 - 08:26 AM.

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:25 AM

General

• Player
  • 38974 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostPowJay, on 04 April 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

It's so nice to see how you properly read the OP. He doesn't use mods and he has started WoT in Safe Mode. :facepalm:

Sorry, Kamil_cruiser, but if you hadn't mentioned it I would have said the same thing. I had a buying/research problem with mods as well. There is some sort of file verification action you can do which might help, but as I've never done it, I can't even recall what it is. Good luck.

Well in all fairness we do have a trackrecord with players insisting they're not using any MODs only later to state they're using the XVM option from an installed MOD pack or some such. Still, OP indeed did clearly state in the opening post not to be using any MODs.

@OP: Key bindings would be my first guess.

Dorander #13 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

I'm human, I get tired and miss things sometimes. Thanks for immediately implying it's out of disinterest or malice instead, that too is "nice to see".

That said Homer_J and Alice_Unchained rightly point out it wouldn't be the first time it turns out they had some mod installed after all and "I have no mods" actually meant "I have no mods that affect the functionality of the problem at hand so I don't see how the ones I have could've broken it."

It'd be in the (old) launcher or Game Center somewhere, depending on how you run your WoT. I use the old launcher, so I press Settings (top right of the launcher screen), click the Support tab, and press the Check button to start a file verification process. I imagine the Game Center has a similar structure.

PowJay #14 Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37771 battles

View PostDorander, on 04 April 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'm human, I get tired and miss things sometimes. Thanks for immediately implying it's out of disinterest or malice instead, that too is "nice to see".

That said Homer_J and Alice_Unchained rightly point out it wouldn't be the first time it turns out they had some mod installed after all and "I have no mods" actually meant "I have no mods that affect the functionality of the problem at hand so I don't see how the ones I have could've broken it."

Maybe this wasn't an extreme example, but we've had them before. Someone titles the thread something to do with SPGs and deliberately talks about light tanks in the opening post. NOTHING to do with SPGs, and the triggered ones just post "Remove arty". "Limit them to one" and other rubbish ad nauseum, which just demonstrates that they haven't actually read a single word of the opening post.

It matters to me, because if I want an answer to something, I've usually tried the obvious things and Googled the problem. I go to great lengths to explain the problem. When someone provides an answer which just proves they didn't read/listen to the problem in the first place, it is kind of annoying.

Although not directly relevant here (in this thread), you can see comments in support groups that just go way beyond the pale. In a local group for military aircraft spotting/photography, someone asked if there are any food facilities at the site. One, really helpful, individual went to great lengths to explain how there is a McDs and a Costa (for example) on top of the hill instead of simply pointing out there might be a burger van or ice-cream van in the car park on the weekend. It doesn't help and it doesn't make him look clever. Great if it's funny. Not if it isn't.

Also, to the ones arguing about XVM and other overlooked mods: he clearly states that he started it in Safe Mode as well. Nice work, OP in doing the right thing before coming here. :great:

Homer_J #15 Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 04 April 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

It matters to me, because if I want an answer to something, I've usually tried the obvious things and Googled the problem.

That's another of my favourites "I've tried everything".  Well if you've tried everything then what do you expect us to come up with, there is nothing else.

PowJay #16 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37771 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 April 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

That's another of my favourites "I've tried everything".  Well if you've tried everything then what do you expect us to come up with, there is nothing else.

OK, I've tried all of the usual stuff and want to know if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. 

One of the strangest things that ever happened to me was a program insisting that documents were saved to the desktop and not My Documents. It turned out that it was only if I started the program from a desktop shortcut and not if I started it from the Start Menu. I deleted the shortcut and created a new one and all was fine. 

Weird stuff does happen and when you've ruled out the obvious then it's time to ask. 

vonadnan #17 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29115 battles
  • [4XIS] 4XIS

Hi guys, I know I'm not new to the game, but can u help me too?

I have a problem since the latest patch, I can not scroll "out" to say so,

I never had problem with this, so I went to settings but can't find anything..

its almost like first person view, very difficult to play, I mean zoom out, 

whatever u call it, I hope u will understand what am I talking about.

Hope some1 can help me, tx

s0r1n3l #18 Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26238 battles
  • [VTL] VTL

Try to do a clear cache. I had a problem where i could not click the mission tabs.

Follow this guide: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10218/

If you don`t want to lose your setting just keep the preferences file and delete the rest.

GL.

Edited by s0r1n3l, 04 April 2019 - 01:59 PM.

nickdragon13 #19 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29942 battles

Yo, same with me.Cant buy Obj 268 v4.Trying everything and nothing

UPDATE: Fixed the game from launcher and now it works.Try it

Edited by nickdragon13, 04 April 2019 - 02:58 PM.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69705 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well if you did try safe mode and have no mods. It could be a connection issue. As in the server not seeing you buying anything to respond to it. Or it could be a cache issue. I doubt it's the last one. But try clearing it anyway.

View Postvonadnan, on 04 April 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hi guys, I know I'm not new to the game, but can u help me too?

I have a problem since the latest patch, I can not scroll "out" to say so,

I never had problem with this, so I went to settings but can't find anything..

its almost like first person view, very difficult to play, I mean zoom out, 

whatever u call it, I hope u will understand what am I talking about.

Hope some1 can help me, tx

Not all input commands are shown in the settings as they are locked defaults. And I'm not 100% sure if all the hidden inputs are listed in the cache cfg files besides the one you can see are listed in the preference settings ingame. So it could simply be an issue related to that. So clearing the cache might help.

You can get to it by typing %appdata%/wargaming.net in your windows run command or file explorer and get right to it. There are some preference files in the WOT folder there. Simply take a backup of that folder if you don't want to redo all of your settings if it does not work. Delete everything in the WOT folder there and try again to see if it works. Just make sure WOT is not running. As then it will just make instant dupilcates of the current known settings. As if there are no settings, they will roll back to default.

You can try and find the input command for it in those files and edit it in. But it's faster just to clear it. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 April 2019 - 02:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users