Solved constant game crashes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Beany_ #1 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41308 battles

Ok this post may help someone who is in the same boat that I have been in for over 2 years.

My game had crashed constantly at startup and occasionally mid game up to 10 times every time I started it. It's been a constant nightmare and nothing I did solved it.

I recently bought a new pc and still the same thing I quickly filled up my reports folder,

Turns out the problem ended when i bought my new headset. I'ts a nice usb plugin one name of it doesn't matter,

The name of the product it replaced does though.

Steelseries Artic 3. Now I don't know if it's the steelseries software that was causing it or the realtek hd drivers. But whatever it was problem has ended for me after 2 years of heartache.

Hopefully this may help someone in the future!

Good luck on the battlefield!

SuedKAT #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Did you keep the SteelSeries Engine software and Realtek driver up to date, reason I'm asking is since there have been a lot of changes related to sound in WoT over the last year or so and it really don't like old drivers etc right now. Also as a side note I use a SteelSeries headset, keyboard and mouse as well as Realtek without any issues what so ever, but note that the Realtek driver is updated quite frequently.

_Patrol #3 Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 39676 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/668189-crash-crash-and-crash/page__st__20__pid__16286583#entry16286583

SuedKAT #4 Posted 05 April 2019 - 03:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Strange, I've had SteelSeries engine running on 3 different computers I play WoT on without any issues what so ever for a long time, of course I keep it up to date (v3.13.10 at the moment) but that's about it. Then again I've never had issues with other things that's quite common like Nahimic and Realtek drivers, but I keep them all up to date as well as regularly check my drivers etc so that most likely have something to do with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users