Really?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Laur_Balaur_XD #1 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

I know that discussing moderation is not permitted for some reason, so will just ask you people if this post that i made today in another topic is so bad worded and offensive to be completely deleted and punished:

''I think i can consider myself a good/decent player, and i can tell you that i got fed up of adapting with all the crap WG trows at us:

- terrible mm that sucks up all the joy of playing anything besides tier 9

- retarded stun mechanic

- corridor maps and now maps with op camping positions on the red line

- overarmored tanks

- premium tanks that are always better than tech-tree ones

- high tier he derp guns (type5) and tanks that have huge alpha and HE mechanic (4005)

- and now mario karts with high pen he, improved aim and best stabilization on the move in the game that make regular lights obsolete, the same lights that already were the worst performing class in the game

Usually i get irritated after just a few games of WOT, so what is the point in playing something that brings no joy? I really hope WG wake up and bring back the game i/we loved, and i hope the 200k less active players less than last year on the same time make them do that.''

This post was just a reply to what some guy said, something like ''good players always adapt to the changes''. So i tried to say that i am fed up with those bad changes and adapting to all bad gameplay mechanics that WG introduced in the last 2 years.

Edited by Laur_Balaur_XD, 04 April 2019 - 08:16 PM.

lnfernaI #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30856 battles

1.Consider not using any bad words when creating arguments.

2. Consider not using any bad words when creating arguments on topics that have been discussed to death.

TPpie #3 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16230 battles

I don't expect this thread to last long :hiding:

Maybe someone looked at your post and went "Ah shaddup!". Also you used a baddy bad bad word :c

Dorander #4 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles
Best guess, it was the use of the word "retarded". You basically used that slur to describe the development team. If I were a moderator I probably wouldn't have deleted your entire post for it, just changed the offensive word and given the warning.

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostlnfernaI, on 04 April 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

1.Consider not using any bad words when creating arguments.

2. Consider not using any bad words when creating arguments on topics that have been discussed to death.

So how exactly i am supposed to describe those bad things i talk about?

I changed the words ''terrible'' and ''retarded'' with the word ''bad''. My post got deleted again....

18:11 Added after 0 minutes

View PostDorander, on 04 April 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Best guess, it was the use of the word "retarded". You basically used that slur to describe the development team. If I were a moderator I probably wouldn't have deleted your entire post for it, just changed the offensive word and given the warning.

Exactly. I would be perfectly fine with that. But why deleting the whole post???

MeetriX #6 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21971 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 04 April 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

If When you grow up you will know.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Exactly. I would be perfectly fine with that. But why deleting the whole post???

Moderation RNG. Why are you still surprised? 

But at the end, there is a very simple conclusion to draw: Use normal words, stop raging and everything will be fine.

Your name, avatar and behaviour make guessing your (biological) age rather difficult, but I guess you are older than 12, so you should perfectly know some more civilized options.

Edited by Jigabachi, 04 April 2019 - 07:22 PM.

kubawt112 #8 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Best guess is that the post lacks any real point to it. I mean, you make a good argument, but fail to bring forwards a topic to discuss. I recommend asking for advice towards having fun, or the opinions of fellow 'good players', that likely struggle with similar issues. That would honestly be a solid topic and grounds for discussion.

(Anyone can make a really stupid thread if it has some substance to it. One example would be the one asking people to post their RushRating. It's not really quality content, but it had a stated point: To figure out who on the forum ranked the highest. That one also included some rude words ...in Old Norse, which someone was apparently offended by. Wasn't locked, though, due to the above.)

Edited by kubawt112, 04 April 2019 - 07:20 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #9 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View Postkubawt112, on 04 April 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Best guess is that the post lacks any real point to it. I mean, you make a good argument, but fail to bring forwards a topic to discuss. I recommend asking for advice towards having fun, or the opinions of fellow 'good players', that likely struggle with similar issues. That would honestly be a solid topic and grounds for discussion.

(Anyone can make a really stupid thread if it has some substance to it. One example would be the one asking people to post their RushRating. It's not really quality content, but it had a stated point: To figure out who on the forum ranked the highest. That one also included some rude words ...in Old Norse, which someone was apparently offended by. Wasn't locked, though, due to the above.)

The post i talk about was a reply in another topic, and there it made sense.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12027 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

This is a nice example of an unconstructive post imo.

I've got posts deleted for less. I agree they censor quite a lot though

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 04 April 2019 - 07:23 PM.

kubawt112 #11 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 04 April 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

The post i talk about was a reply in another topic, and there it made sense.

Oh. Didn't catch that, sorry.

In that case, I don't really get why it was outright removed. May I suggest sending an appeal to BunnyCommander and/or Kenibi? Some moderators are, ahem, prone to 'misunderstand'.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

The point to this post was, at least to my understanding:

"I am bored/tired/irritated trying to adapt to certain new additions to the game which i think is bad"

Fair enough and you make a good point too. With a declining server population, WG should focus on the existing problems instead of introducing new stuff that could have negative effect and thus compounding the problem!

Laur_Balaur_XD #13 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 04 April 2019 - 06:34 PM, said:

The point to this post was, at least to my understanding:

"I am bored/tired/irritated trying to adapt to certain new additions to the game which i think is bad"

Fair enough and you make a good point too. With a declining server population, WG should focus on the existing problems instead of introducing new stuff that could have negative effect and thus compounding the problem!

Yeah, and it was just a reply to what someone said. Something like ''good players always adapt to the changes''.

But i dared to use some really bad words to describe some game mechanics, and it looks like the feelings of mm and arty stun were hurt a lot...

Lego_Fatman #14 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Yeah i think that post is fine, you are entitled to your opinion and i can't see how anyone would seriously be offended by your use of the word retarded.

250swb #15 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23225 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I suspect there is a Mod who's first language is not English. 'Retarded' simply means 'held back', so 'held back stun mechanics' as in 'no progress with fixing stun mechanics' in context. It is perhaps only an error in failing to understand the full meaning of the word to go on and associate 'retarded' with supposedly accusing the development team as being 'retarded' in themselves. Obviously they aren't retarded, they've got a good job that requires a level of intelligence that WG finds exceptional, and I'm sure their mothers love them as well. Yeah go development team! Go! (to quote an Americanism)

Edited by 250swb, 04 April 2019 - 10:28 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #16 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 04 April 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

I know that discussing moderation is not permitted for some reason, so will just ask you people if this post that i made today in another topic is so bad worded and offensive to be completely deleted and punished:

''I think i can consider myself a good/decent player, and i can tell you that i got fed up of adapting with all the crap WG trows at us:

- terrible mm that sucks up all the joy of playing anything besides tier 9

retarded stun mechanic

- corridor maps and now maps with op camping positions on the red line

- overarmored tanks

- premium tanks that are always better than tech-tree ones

- high tier he derp guns (type5) and tanks that have huge alpha and HE mechanic (4005)

- and now mario karts with high pen he, improved aim and best stabilization on the move in the game that make regular lights obsolete, the same lights that already were the worst performing class in the game

Usually i get irritated after just a few games of WOT, so what is the point in playing something that brings no joy? I really hope WG wake up and bring back the game i/we loved, and i hope the 200k less active players less than last year on the same time make them do that.''

This post was just a reply to what some guy said, something like ''good players always adapt to the changes''. So i tried to say that i am fed up with those bad changes and adapting to all bad gameplay mechanics that WG introduced in the last 2 years.

Here, I pointed out the dodgy bits.

It's sad. You will rarely ever encounter a mod that actually reads the post past the first insult, and removes only that bit.

Remember, always thank the bus driver, and always thank the mod for being correct.

If this is fine - I got really [edited] up by that Deathstar

Then there is no reason to delete the whole paragraph, to be honest...

"Do not discuss moderation"...you know...nobody would argue if the moderation was done properly. When I'm aware of what I said, and get warned, that's fine because I know what I said ain't right, but when I get warned for saying things like "go home you're drunk" then you can *Inappropriate description*.

Dorander #17 Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View Post250swb, on 04 April 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

'Retarded' simply means 'held back',

No, it doesn't simply mean that and you know it. It ALSO means that. You could even claim it originally means that. There is a difference between those and 'simply'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users