Jump to content


Give T10 TDs their 850 alpha damage back

#makeoldnewagain

  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Dis4ster #1 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28254 battles
  • 2,982
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

Is there are point in playing E4, E3, obj 268(Foch 155), they have nothing to offer compared to the super heavies with 750 alpha damage. Those old TDs have even lost their camo after shot, there is no diference in camping base/bush with super heavy or one of those old TDs because of that and they even have similar accuracy, however super heavies have the big advantage in HP.

So how about giving those T10 TDs their 850 alpha damage back, to set them apart from their T9 predecessors and T10 super heavies, this would also give them their old and deserved DPM back(all the old TDs have the worse DPM compared with new TDs).

 

#makeoldnewagain

 

PS: Don't forget to rebalance armor when the premium ammo changes arrive or scrape of 25% healh from every armor monster tank if premium ammo loses 25% damage in exchange for 25% more pen, weakspots might also work.



_Yunalesca_ #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6638 battles
  • 551
  • Member since:
    10-01-2014

Those mentioned TDs are *edited* useless tanks, everyone knows that.

But WG gives a crapabout old tanks, look at TigerII or KV-4.

So you could just open an empty thread, this would have the same effect as your post ->nothing

The best tanks are the latest ones(maybe except polish tree)


Edited by G_Bg_82, 07 April 2019 - 09:16 AM.
edited due to swering


r2pp2r #3 Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 35741 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    11-02-2013

How about no? Already getting games with 7 TDs per side. Buffing would mean that they would get more popular and that's going to be even worse meta.

Wait for ammo re-balance and you get something extra.


Edited by r2pp2r, 04 April 2019 - 08:40 PM.


WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:10 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18452 battles
  • 2,912
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

No thanks.

 

We already have too many high alpha damage vehicles in the game. If anything that figure should be reduced.



Strizi #5 Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 40086 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
Nerf TD alpha to 650, its stupid game design and favors bush camping tomatoes.

wEight_Tanker #6 Posted 05 April 2019 - 03:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9735 battles
  • 939
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
So we've got the biggest gun in the game that got its damage nerfed to the point where a Type 5 premium HE round (Soon to be gone forever) does 100 more damage and this guy is talking about TDs.

Ehern #7 Posted 05 April 2019 - 05:25 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19542 battles
  • 304
  • [DTM] DTM
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012
heavies just shouldnt have that high alpha dmg

1ncompetenc3 #8 Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 37824 battles
  • 11,618
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

Are you trying to apply logic to WG decision making? Allow me to refresh your memory.

 

"850 is far too much damage for a tier X TD, so we're bringing that down to 750. What? No, of course we're not touching JPE-100 and Deathstar, why do you ask?"

"T-50-2 zipping around the map being impossible to hit is terrible for gameplay, let's remove it altogether. (years later) Hmm? No, those wheeled French thingies don't actually remind me of anything, why?"

"Arty is in the game to break deadlocks, raining death and destruction on heavily armoured campers that would otherwise be impossible to dig out... which is why we're removing their AP/APCR/HEAT rounds and nerfing alpha damage on their HE shells to the point where light tanks can still be one-shotted from full health but anything with armour doesn't have anything to worry about."

"Autoloaders are incredibly powerful, which is why they should suffer significant penalties to accuracy and gun handling/aim time in the name of balance... except when they aren't French. Then they get single-shot gun stats with at most half the intra-clip reload time of any tech tree baguette."



LordSkyFury #9 Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 14042 battles
  • 136
  • [R_D1] R_D1
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
TDs do not need to increase alpha damage back to 850. They already offer superior penetration values compare to other tank classes except Grille 15 and Foch B, but those 2 are specialized TDs.

DeadLecter #10 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
Anyone with 10% brain knows that the only reason battles end so fast is thanks to gold ammo and huge guns. I think OP only and only wanted a heated argument seeing as he is not even here to defend his opinion.

FatigueGalaxy #11 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 05 April 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Are you trying to apply logic to WG decision making? Allow me to refresh your memory.

 

"850 is far too much damage for a tier X TD, so we're bringing that down to 750. What? No, of course we're not touching JPE-100 and Deathstar, why do you ask?"

 

JgPz E-100 was nerfed as well - it had 1150 alpha. Deathstar was nerfed several times afaik and the gun is so derpy you can safely say it has 575 alpha because you will miss half of your shots or fail to do damage... Of course, HESH is a problem.

 

btw. the big difference between 750 and 850 alpha is the fact than 850 can roll over 1k+ damage so if you are lucky you can two shot most tier 9 tanks and some tier 10s which is kinda retarded. 750 alpha practically eliminates that possibility.



tajj7 #12 Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27070 battles
  • 14,656
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

No 750 alpha is fine, I mean the E3 has more armour than most heavies so I do't really understand your comparison.

 

Plus all those TDs have more camo than the heavies. 

 

There are some weak TDs that need buffing like the Grille 15 and E4, but aside from that I'd more want to see tanks like the 183s and JpE100 have their alpha nerfed so they can become less broken and better to play by buffing them in other areas. 

 

We also do not need more encouragement for camping, the bushes since the 1.0 change to maps are broken as hell and already offer far too much camo, giving TDs their camo after firing bonus back would make the game even worse.

 

There are like 6-7 TDs a side in tier 10 games at the moment, we should be making the meta more favourable to mediums and lights as these are barely seen at tier 10, especially outside the 430U. 



wsatnutter #13 Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • 9,072
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
yep to many tds per game sometimes

BlackBloodBandit #14 Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3731 battles
  • 322
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostRilleta, on 05 April 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

No thanks.

 

We already have too many high alpha damage vehicles in the game. If anything that figure should be reduced.

This..



lassekille #15 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14493 battles
  • 79
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • Member since:
    03-23-2014

TDs have better penetration, better camo, better dispersion.

 

The problem is not too low damage on the TDs, but the huge damage some heavies do. No heavies should do more than 500 damage.



gpalsson #16 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 24356 battles
  • 8,842
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View PostDis4ster, on 04 April 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Is there are point in playing E4, E3, obj 268(Foch 155), they have nothing to offer compared to the super heavies with 750 alpha damage. Those old TDs have even lost their camo after shot, there is no diference in camping base/bush with super heavy or one of those old TDs because of that and they even have similar accuracy, however super heavies have the big advantage in HP.

So how about giving those T10 TDs their 850 alpha damage back, to set them apart from their T9 predecessors and T10 super heavies, this would also give them their old and deserved DPM back(all the old TDs have the worse DPM compared with new TDs).

 

#makeoldnewagain

 

PS: Don't forget to rebalance armor when the premium ammo changes arrive or scrape of 25% healh from every armor monster tank if premium ammo loses 25% damage in exchange for 25% more pen, weakspots might also work.

 

No.

DuncaN_101 #17 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 54589 battles
  • 2,576
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
How about nerfing the alpha on heavys instead...

NoobySkooby #18 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16079 battles
  • 4,408
  • [S052] S052
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostDis4ster, on 04 April 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

Is there are point in playing E4, E3, obj 268(Foch 155), they have nothing to offer compared to the super heavies with 750 alpha damage. Those old TDs have even lost their camo after shot, there is no diference in camping base/bush with super heavy or one of those old TDs because of that and they even have similar accuracy, however super heavies have the big advantage in HP.

So how about giving those T10 TDs their 850 alpha damage back, to set them apart from their T9 predecessors and T10 super heavies, this would also give them their old and deserved DPM back(all the old TDs have the worse DPM compared with new TDs).

 

#makeoldnewagain

 

PS: Don't forget to rebalance armor when the premium ammo changes arrive or scrape of 25% healh from every armor monster tank if premium ammo loses 25% damage in exchange for 25% more pen, weakspots might also work.

 

To do that they would have to reverse the type 5 nerf, as that was the only way to deal with them.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • 16,703
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

The maximum damage for *ANY* gun in this game should actually be 750. That way we simply remove all these insane high alpha guns which severely punish even the slightest mis-step on the victims part.

 

Cobra 6



WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:30 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18452 battles
  • 2,912
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostCobra6, on 05 April 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

The maximum damage for *ANY* gun in this game should actually be 750. That way we simply remove all these insane high alpha guns which severely punish even the slightest mis-step on the victims part.

 

Cobra 6

 

View Posttajj7, on 05 April 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

No 750 alpha is fine, I mean the E3 has more armour than most heavies so I do't really understand your comparison.

 

Plus all those TDs have more camo than the heavies. 

 

There are some weak TDs that need buffing like the Grille 15 and E4, but aside from that I'd more want to see tanks like the 183s and JpE100 have their alpha nerfed so they can become less broken and better to play by buffing them in other areas. 

 

We also do not need more encouragement for camping, the bushes since the 1.0 change to maps are broken as hell and already offer far too much camo, giving TDs their camo after firing bonus back would make the game even worse.

 

There are like 6-7 TDs a side in tier 10 games at the moment, we should be making the meta more favourable to mediums and lights as these are barely seen at tier 10, especially outside the 430U. 

 

These.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users