Possibly battle results bug?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nishi_Kinuyo #1 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8294 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Noticed something odd after playing my Type 5 Heavy this evening.

The battle results view appears to be incorrectly listing the number of hits on the personal score tab.

No GUI mods are installed, and I'd imagine it odd if one of my other mods would cause the issue, since it shows fine for my P.43 Ter.

Maybe it is related to HE hits in some way?

Either way:

As the image in the spoiler below shows, the personal view registers only 8 hits, when the detailed report lists 10 direct hits, of which 1 is a penetration and 9 are non-penetrating splash hits.

Not counted is the ramming hit on the SConquerer that killed him.

The thing is: I hit the SConquerer twice with HE, as well as the Obyekt 140 twice with HE, but it registers only 1 hit for each on the personal results tab.

Replay link in spoiler.

I'd love to hear theories on the cause of this.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 05 April 2019 - 08:57 PM.

S1dew1nder #2 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4508 battles
always been that way for me 100+ battles in the kv2 and just now in the renault g1 i think it's cuz they dont pen i swear i penned something twice with the british 3 inch and it showed a number by the damage 

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 05 April 2019 - 08:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8294 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostS1dew1nder, on 05 April 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

always been that way for me 100+ battles in the kv2 and just now in the renault g1 i think it's cuz they dont pen i swear i penned something twice with the british 3 inch and it showed a number by the damage 

Maybe it is not a recent change/bug.

I don't really play derp tanks much these days, but I definitely remember differently.

And so does wotreplays.

Just compare the replay in my post above in terms of hits listed, with this replay:

http://wotreplays.eu...yo-type_5_heavy

Which clearly lists the number of hits.

Hm... seeing as that old replay is from 0.9.21, maybe it got changed in 1.0?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That's how HE works, and have been shown for ages. You had 10 shots fired and 9 splashes. So 9 failed pens as such. I suspect you hit the 50B more than once? As he has 1452 damage taken from you, but still only 1 hit shown.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 05 April 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just compare the replay in my post above in terms of hits listed, with this replay:

http://wotreplays.eu...yo-type_5_heavy

Which clearly lists the number of hits.

Hm... seeing as that old replay is from 0.9.21, maybe it got changed in 1.0?

What is the main difference between those two? Both have 10 hits. But the old replay has 10 hits and 10 penetrations. The new replay has 10 hits and 1 penetration. And that's why it shows as a bit off on the new one. As on the personal score page, all failed HE pens are shown as 1 hit. As you did not "pen them" as such. It's been shown like that for as long as I can remember.  

Same if you shoot them and ram them. It will still only lists one hit, but takes the damage combined and shows it there. Or even if you don't fire on them, but just rams them. It's still showing as a "hit" on that list with the damage done. Much like failed HE pens do if you see my point.

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8294 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 April 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

That's how HE works, and have been shown for ages. You had 10 shots fired and 9 splashes. So 9 failed pens as such. I suspect you hit the 50B more than once? As he has 1452 damage taken from you, but still only 1 hit shown.

What is the main difference between those two? Both have 10 hits. But the old replay has 10 hits and 10 penetrations. The new replay has 10 hits and 1 penetration. And that's why it shows as a bit off on the new one. As on the personal score page, all failed HE pens are shown as 1 hit. As you did not "pen them" as such. It's been shown like that for as long as I can remember.  

Same if you shoot them and ram them. It will still only lists one hit, but takes the damage combined and shows it there. Or even if you don't fire on them, but just rams them. It's still showing as a "hit" on that list with the damage done. Much like failed HE pens do if you see my point.

Except that only some of the shots from the old replay penned.

It is just that direct hits counted as penned rather than splash.

Or are you telling me that 3 penetrating gold HE shells on a Pz7 do only 1.6k dmg?

No, those were clearly non-penetrating HE.

So TL;DR: they changed how it is shown when it concerns HE hits back when 1.0 happened.

Direct HE hits that failed to pen are now counted as splash rather than pens (some logic to that).

But I still think it would be nice to show how many times you hit each particular enemy.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 April 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Or are you telling me that 3 penetrating gold HE shells on a Pz7 do only 1.6k dmg?

Unless you did 1400 on one of them that is. As sub 800 hits on that is still a failed pen. Or not a full breach. As in inside dentonation vs splash that did pen some of the armor.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 April 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Direct HE hits that failed to pen are now counted as splash rather than pens (some logic to that).

But I still think it would be nice to show how many times you hit each particular enemy.

That's how it's been for as long as that score screen has been around. But yeah. I see your point, it would ofc be nice to see how many hits. They could have had failed HE pen hits or splash in brackets etc.

Take this game I just had. 26 shots fired. 19 hits, 12 full pens. 25 of them were HE.

Spoiler

As you can see I fully did pen the T71 3 times with HE out of 3. I hit the JPanther twice, but no hits as I only got 100 combined. O-I had 2 hits for a total of 20 damage. The Skoda T25 I hit 4 times. But 2 of those were side hits that fully did pen. The other two did not. Type was hit twice, Hotch was hit twice to name a few. Only fully pens show.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 April 2019 - 07:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users