Jump to content


STRV 1


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MajorSheetStainz #1 Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11703 battles
  • 95
  • [KOSTA] KOSTA
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014

What is the best equipment load out for this TD?

At the moment I have vents, rammer and optics but I feel I need to swap out the optics for maybe binos?



FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24459 battles
  • 8,974
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
I'd go binos since iirc, you don't lose the vr increase when turning when in siege mode.

hasnainrakha57 #3 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15212 battles
  • 818
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostMajorSheetStainz, on 05 April 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

What is the best equipment load out for this TD?

At the moment I have vents, rammer and optics but I feel I need to swap out the optics for maybe binos?

Or maybe kick vent and get camo net! Because camo net still applies if you traverse your tank whereas other tds dont!



XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 53200 battles
  • 3,331
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Rammer, vents and binocs.

 

The rammer, camo net and binocs setup is more dependent on the map IMO.



DeadLecter #5 Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28812 battles
  • 1,395
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
On my Strv 103B, I take Binos, Rammer and Vent. I dropped camo net for vent since even without camo net, the camo rating is very high and honestly you don't need it. I got 47% stationery camo in mine with full camo crew, BiA , camo style and vent. That's more than enough. Those 60~70% camo ratings are overkill.

MajorSheetStainz #6 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11703 battles
  • 95
  • [KOSTA] KOSTA
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014
Thanks guys.

FatigueGalaxy #7 Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostDeadLecter, on 05 April 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

On my Strv 103B, I take Binos, Rammer and Vent. I dropped camo net for vent since even without camo net, the camo rating is very high and honestly you don't need it. I got 47% stationery camo in mine with full camo crew, BiA , camo style and vent. That's more than enough. Those 60~70% camo ratings are overkill.

 

What counts is the camo when firing. Camo net adds a solid 3%. My Strv 103-0 has ~13% camo when firing which means I can safely keep firing at most tanks from ~390 m and remain unspotted (assuming they have maxed view range and not much above it which means most heavies, TDs and some meds).

SuedKAT #8 Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 06 April 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

What counts is the camo when firing. Camo net adds a solid 3%. My Strv 103-0 has ~13% camo when firing which means I can safely keep firing at most tanks from ~390 m and remain unspotted (assuming they have maxed view range and not much above it which means most heavies, TDs and some meds).

 

In a perfect scenario I would run mine with camo net as well, but there are so few maps when it's useful and I'd rather have vents for the 90% of maps when it's not useful.

FatigueGalaxy #9 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 April 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

In a perfect scenario I would run mine with camo net as well, but there are so few maps when it's useful and I'd rather have vents for the 90% of maps when it's not useful.

 

I considered vents but I quickly realized it's a waste of a slot. Vents improve your mobility, gun handling, aiming time, view range, reload... but on Strv103:

- you use mobility only to relocate so bonus from vents is meaningless (in 95% cases you are dead in close combat - vents or not), btw. vents give you less than 1o better traverse speed...

- gun handling and aiming time are extremely good in siege mode and so crap outside of it that bonus from vents is meaningless,

- view range is so bad you need binoculars anyway (or you can say goodbye to 50% XP and be even more team-dependant which sucks) so bonus from vents is meaningless.

 

So realistically you only gain faster reload from vents. This is no medium or heavy tank where vents are worth it because you gain a boost to every statistic - you only gain 3% better DPM (~2,5% from vent and 0,5% from additional 1% crew skill increase from higher commander's bonus). And when it comes to 3% better reload vs 3% better camo when firing - I rather take the latter. Exactly because most maps suck for swedish TDs, every % of camo counts since it opens up more positions from where you can safely fire without being spotted.

13% camo when firing allows you to safely shoot at almost everything from the distance of ~400m, except some tier 10 meds which run optics. Most tier 10 heavies have 400 m view range and 456 m with all perks, BiA, vents and food. With 13% camo you can fire at them until they reach 395 m with max DPM - then you can play with "15 m from bush" rule or keep relocating.



reklakazala #10 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21917 battles
  • 267
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B
  • Member since:
    04-15-2015

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 06 April 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

What counts is the camo when firing. Camo net adds a solid 3%. My Strv 103-0 has ~13% camo when firing which means I can safely keep firing at most tanks from ~390 m and remain unspotted (assuming they have maxed view range and not much above it which means most heavies, TDs and some meds).

 

aaahh electromagnetic rail gun ??

LordMuffin #11 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50000 battles
  • 12,189
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 06 April 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

What counts is the camo when firing. Camo net adds a solid 3%. My Strv 103-0 has ~13% camo when firing which means I can safely keep firing at most tanks from ~390 m and remain unspotted (assuming they have maxed view range and not much above it which means most heavies, TDs and some meds).

3% camo difference after firing should equal something like 10-15m difference in when you get spotted after firing.

So instead of ~390, you need ~400m without camo net.

 

I don't think this difference is enough to put camo net over vents.

And since bushes are as they are (extremely potent in giving camo) you can sit like sub 100m away from an enemy tank in a bush and shoot him without getting spotted.



SuedKAT #12 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 06 April 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

 

I considered vents but I quickly realized it's a waste of a slot. Vents improve your mobility, gun handling, aiming time, view range, reload... but on Strv103:

- you use mobility only to relocate so bonus from vents is meaningless (in 95% cases you are dead in close combat - vents or not), btw. vents give you less than 1o better traverse speed...

- gun handling and aiming time are extremely good in siege mode and so crap outside of it that bonus from vents is meaningless,

- view range is so bad you need binoculars anyway (or you can say goodbye to 50% XP and be even more team-dependant which sucks) so bonus from vents is meaningless.

 

So realistically you only gain faster reload from vents. This is no medium or heavy tank where vents are worth it because you gain a boost to every statistic - you only gain 3% better DPM (~2,5% from vent and 0,5% from additional 1% crew skill increase from higher commander's bonus). And when it comes to 3% better reload vs 3% better camo when firing - I rather take the latter. Exactly because most maps suck for swedish TDs, every % of camo counts since it opens up more positions from where you can safely fire without being spotted.

13% camo when firing allows you to safely shoot at almost everything from the distance of ~400m, except some tier 10 meds which run optics. Most tier 10 heavies have 400 m view range and 456 m with all perks, BiA, vents and food. With 13% camo you can fire at them until they reach 395 m with max DPM - then you can play with "15 m from bush" rule or keep relocating.

 

I had a look with the WoTInfo camo value calculator, assuming you got camo applied and a camo trained crew a camo net will grant you about 10 extra meters when firing which is about 9 meters extra compared to vents on the same setup. I'll much rather take all the bonuses vents give me than have 9 extra meters of safety when firing since those 9 extra meters will so rarely be an advantage worth having compared to what vents grants. 

FatigueGalaxy #13 Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostLordMuffin, on 06 April 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

3% camo difference after firing should equal something like 10-15m difference in when you get spotted after firing.

So instead of ~390, you need ~400m without camo net.

 

I don't think this difference is enough to put camo net over vents.

And since bushes are as they are (extremely potent in giving camo) you can sit like sub 100m away from an enemy tank in a bush and shoot him without getting spotted.

Firing "disables" bushes for a while so when you press LMB you are only left with your camo when firing.

And while playing "15 m from bush" game is definitely viable for 103-0, it's not possible in 103B, if you want to max your DPM.

View PostSuedKAT, on 06 April 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

 

I had a look with the WoTInfo camo value calculator, assuming you got camo applied and a camo trained crew a camo net will grant you about 10 extra meters when firing which is about 9 meters extra compared to vents on the same setup. I'll much rather take all the bonuses vents give me than have 9 extra meters of safety when firing since those 9 extra meters will so rarely be an advantage worth having compared to what vents grants. 

And vents give you 0,16 s faster reload, 0,01 better accuracy and 0,3% better camo when firing (103-0) because all other bonuses are meaningless for this tank. Suddenly 9 m extra camo when firing doesn't look bad. Remember that we are talking about situation when most skill give you 3-4% better stats so your 3% extra camo is enough to negate somebody's perks. Also, let's not forget about 15% stationary bonus which allows some passive spotting. Strv 103s are worse at it than UDES but it's a still a viable tactic, especially in early battle (sitting in a bush and spotting LTs until they get killed).

 

Tbh, third slot is debatable. My choice is camo net because getting spotted means trouble so every meter counts but tbh even spall liner might be worth it vs HE spam from lower tiers (happens a lot from ppl with 120 mm guns, especially british tanks because they don't have HEAT) and toolbox for bonds might be even the best choice because 40% faster repair speed seems nuts.



Jumping_Turtle #14 Posted 07 April 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 65425 battles
  • 6,171
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
I even use the Natuaral Cover directive since I noticed I had 185 of them on the 103B. The more cammo the better ;)

SuedKAT #15 Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 07 April 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

And vents give you 0,16 s faster reload, 0,01 better accuracy and 0,3% better camo when firing (103-0) because all other bonuses are meaningless for this tank. Suddenly 9 m extra camo when firing doesn't look bad. Remember that we are talking about situation when most skill give you 3-4% better stats so your 3% extra camo is enough to negate somebody's perks. Also, let's not forget about 15% stationary bonus which allows some passive spotting. Strv 103s are worse at it than UDES but it's a still a viable tactic, especially in early battle (sitting in a bush and spotting LTs until they get killed).

 

Tbh, third slot is debatable. My choice is camo net because getting spotted means trouble so every meter counts but tbh even spall liner might be worth it vs HE spam from lower tiers (happens a lot from ppl with 120 mm guns, especially british tanks because they don't have HEAT) and toolbox for bonds might be even the best choice because 40% faster repair speed seems nuts.

 

Vents also grant you 10 extra meters of view range which when combined with Binos grants you about 460 meters view range, which you can get up to almost 493 with crew skills. I'd much rather spot my target 10 meters further away (or negate that extra bit of enemy camo) than have 9 meters of extra safety when firing. 

 

With vents:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=18.-1.-1

With camo net:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=6.-1.-1

 

All those advantages vents grants me are things that are useful on any map in the game, the tiny advantage camo nets grants is so minuscule and situational that there are only a select few occasions that it's of any use that:

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 06 April 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

 

it's a waste of a slot.

 



LordMuffin #16 Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50000 battles
  • 12,189
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 07 April 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Firing "disables" bushes for a while so when you press LMB you are only left with your camo when firing.

And while playing "15 m from bush" game is definitely viable for 103-0, it's not possible in 103B, if you want to max your DPM.

And vents give you 0,16 s faster reload, 0,01 better accuracy and 0,3% better camo when firing (103-0) because all other bonuses are meaningless for this tank. Suddenly 9 m extra camo when firing doesn't look bad. Remember that we are talking about situation when most skill give you 3-4% better stats so your 3% extra camo is enough to negate somebody's perks. Also, let's not forget about 15% stationary bonus which allows some passive spotting. Strv 103s are worse at it than UDES but it's a still a viable tactic, especially in early battle (sitting in a bush and spotting LTs until they get killed).

 

Tbh, third slot is debatable. My choice is camo net because getting spotted means trouble so every meter counts but tbh even spall liner might be worth it vs HE spam from lower tiers (happens a lot from ppl with 120 mm guns, especially british tanks because they don't have HEAT) and toolbox for bonds might be even the best choice because 40% faster repair speed seems nuts.

It is viable on all Strv? 

You have team mates to help you spot enemies. So you can always stay 15m behind bush.

 

I would take 0.16 faster reload over 9m spotting range always.

 

You can passivespot just aswell without camo bet though. Unless you for some reason want to passive spot without using any bushes.



FatigueGalaxy #17 Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20797 battles
  • 2,220
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 07 April 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

 

Vents also grant you 10 extra meters of view range which when combined with Binos grants you about 460 meters view range, which you can get up to almost 493 with crew skills. I'd much rather spot my target 10 meters further away (or negate that extra bit of enemy camo) than have 9 meters of extra safety when firing. 

 

With vents:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=18.-1.-1

With camo net:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=6.-1.-1

 

All those advantages vents grants me are things that are useful on any map in the game, the tiny advantage camo nets grants is so minuscule and situational that there are only a select few occasions that it's of any use that:

 

 

Vents give you 8 m, not 10 m so it's still better to use camo net and remain hidden for 9 m (when firing!) than spot your target 8 m further. Negligible difference but notice that with BiA, perks and binos you already have ~483 m view range (~503 m with food) which is very good. You don't need vents for extra view range but camo is always useful.

And really? "Minuscule and situational, select few occasions"? You spend 90% of the battle being stationary, firing at enemies 400+ m away and every time you get spotted you are in a lot of trouble. You call "situational" something you rely on in every battle... FFS you rely on camo even on Himmelsdorf...

View PostLordMuffin, on 07 April 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

It is viable on all Strv? 

You have team mates to help you spot enemies. So you can always stay 15m behind bush.

 

I would take 0.16 faster reload over 9m spotting range always.

 

You can passivespot just aswell without camo bet though. Unless you for some reason want to passive spot without using any bushes.

Except when you don't spot, you get 50% of the XP so it's always beneficial to spot for yourself. Strv103's camo is good but not exceptional so passive spotting is risky without camo net, especially now since race cars are in WoT and there are several LTs in every battle.

 

And yes, I often stay in the open field (or behind a ridge) if I can get better line of fire or so enemy can't expect me. Not being limited to bushes opens a lot positions. Also, "good bushes" often get blind-fired by tanks and arty so sometimes it's better to sit next to it, instead behind it.



SuedKAT #18 Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 08 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

,

Vents give you 8 m, not 10 m so it's still better to use camo net and remain hidden for 9 m (when firing!) than spot your target 8 m further. Negligible difference but notice that with BiA, perks and binos you already have ~483 m view range (~503 m with food) which is very good. You don't need vents for extra view range but camo is always useful.

And really? "Minuscule and situational, select few occasions"? You spend 90% of the battle being stationary, firing at enemies 400+ m away and every time you get spotted you are in a lot of trouble. You call "situational" something you rely on in every battle... FFS you rely on camo even on Himmelsdorf...

 

Without vents 450m view range:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=4.-1.-1

 

With vents 459,64m view range:

https://tanks.gg/tank/strv-103b?e=4.18.-1

 

459,64-450=9,64 which is rounded of to 10 meters, besides even if it was 5m I would still take it over 9m of extra camo when firing since view range is so much more important in so many situations (especially now that we got the WV yolo scouts in the game) than camo, the few situations a camo net will be more useful than vents are very rare, the situations vents will be useful happens every game you play in it. The STRV got great camo to being with, I'd rather strengthen my fighting abilities than grant a few more meters of camo, I'm a TD not a passive scout.  


Edited by SuedKAT, 08 April 2019 - 09:32 PM.


LordMuffin #19 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50000 battles
  • 12,189
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 08 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

Vents give you 8 m, not 10 m so it's still better to use camo net and remain hidden for 9 m (when firing!) than spot your target 8 m further. Negligible difference but notice that with BiA, perks and binos you already have ~483 m view range (~503 m with food) which is very good. You don't need vents for extra view range but camo is always useful.

And really? "Minuscule and situational, select few occasions"? You spend 90% of the battle being stationary, firing at enemies 400+ m away and every time you get spotted you are in a lot of trouble. You call "situational" something you rely on in every battle... FFS you rely on camo even on Himmelsdorf...

Except when you don't spot, you get 50% of the XP so it's always beneficial to spot for yourself. Strv103's camo is good but not exceptional so passive spotting is risky without camo net, especially now since race cars are in WoT and there are several LTs in every battle.

 

And yes, I often stay in the open field (or behind a ridge) if I can get better line of fire or so enemy can't expect me. Not being limited to bushes opens a lot positions. Also, "good bushes" often get blind-fired by tanks and arty so sometimes it's better to sit next to it, instead behind it.

My Udes or Strv S1 was never outspotted when in a bush and never with camo net.

With a bush and camo trained, you got enough camo to force enemy to proxy spot you if they want to find you.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users