• 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

>I go spot.

>I spot 4-5 tanks.

>Barely anyone shoots at them.

>I spot again.

>Nobody shoots at the spotted tanks.

>I'm at 53 HP.

>I fall back to save my arse and try to provide support from afar.

"Allies" be like:

>"report scout base camper"

>"yeah all report pls"

>"noob bot"

Go pick on someone your own size, blithering pillocks...

Balc0ra #2 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

My 13 90 today got the same deal. I did keep 3 tanks perma spotted for about 3 min. Nothing hit them, and they hardly fired. So basically, they are no threat to us in terms of dealing damage, and no one cares. So I left to spot a different group that did get hit and did do damage to my HT's as well. But when I left, then suddenly half my campers was concerned about those 3. And arty fired on me for not spotting them and I was a bot, vs spotting the guns actually doing damage to our tanks that I was currently doing. So go figure.

Those 3 tanks all were bottom 3 on damage on their team. I got 4K assist even with a dead commander from our arty. So not complaining.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 April 2019 - 11:40 PM.

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 24459 battles

Had an RHM today ping my position and told me to scout. So I spotted an RHM driving in the open that he definitely had a shot at. Got absolutely no assist from him :^) Probably spends more time in chat than at the actual game...

Tyburn #4 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12057 battles

Yep. Had that a fair bit last night. Sat in “the bush” on Malinovka, racked in 3.5k spotting damage but still had some idiot scream at me all battle to go spot. I mean. I think he had some brain issues.

Also had a “team mate” panther shoot me twice for sitting in a bush spotting a ridge line because his camping position meant he couldn’t fu***** shoot all the tanks I continued to light up.

Also had a “team mate” td drive half way across the map to push me out of my spotting bush - even though, as always, I was lighting up enough of the enemy to make a difference.

Idiots. Nothing you can do about it. It’s normally always because campers have camped in a stupid position and have literally zero patience. Or brain cells.

And before I get flamed. I’m old school. I both passive and active scout. I, you know, use my brain to adapt to the situation. I try and stay alive whilst doing my job. Every time I gave in to some wally yelling at me to yolo I die. I don’t do it anymore. 

Edited by Tyburn, 06 April 2019 - 07:13 AM.

spamhamstar #5 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

I think part of it is just a need in some people to blame someone else when things aren't going well coupled with a lack of understanding of how the game works.

For example on prokhorovka, if you get a bad spwan & the enemy light is quick off the mark, it can be difficult to spot them passive spotting on the 1/2 line without getting shot by 1/2 the enemy team.  I've had games where I've been typing in chat telling my team exactly which bush they are sitting in, but they still think it'd be more productive to shoot at me, than blind fire the enemy.

It is what it is & there's not much I can see that WG will be able to do about it other than completely remove team damage.  It's sad days that it's coming to that, but that's on us the players, not WG.

Huntingwolf #6 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9732 battles
  • [FA-T] FA-T

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 05 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

It's always the light tank's fault...

>I go spot.

>I spot 4-5 tanks.

>I spot again.

>I'm at 53 HP.

"Allies" be like:

>"yeah all report pls"

>"noob bot"

No it isnt BUT:

i have seen light tank drivers who go spot targets who are:

Completely  out or range or are on  completely different side of the map AND INSIST fire support were NO one could help and are pissed off afterwards that  they the Popped like popcorn. ( it also takes time to relocate... yada  yada yada )

i have seen light tank drivers : Who drive over a Hill AND EXPECT fire support in the deep of Bottom behind of it of it from TD´s...

i have seen light tank drivers who are spot FAR OFF TARGETS EVEN BEFORE THE ARTY HAD RE-LOADED

And i have seen light tank driver who park next to arty and do nothing at all

I would say its a 2 sided coin.

Communication is key but since WOT turned toxic and turned into a solo game in random...it don't work as it should.

Edited by Huntingwolf, 06 April 2019 - 08:55 AM.

spamhamstar #7 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostHuntingwolf, on 06 April 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

No it isnt BUT:

Completely  out or range or are on  completely different side of the map AND INSIST fire support were NO one could help and are pissed off afterwards they the Popped like popcorn. ( it also takes time to relocate... yada  yada yada )

i have seen light tank drivers : Who drive over a Hill AND EXPECT fire support in the deep of Bottom behind of it of it from TD´s...

i have seen light tank drivers who are spot FAR OFF TARGETS EVEN BEFORE THE ARTY HAD RE-LOADED

Communication is key but since WOT turned toxic and turned into a solo game in random...

Yup & they probably get shot or reported in those cases, as well as when they got everything right.  Which is why he says "it's always the light tank's fault". 

Tyburn #8 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12057 battles
Being a [edited]to your LT drivers really only highlights ones lack of patience, competency and selfishness. If I see ANYONE or ANY tank on my team not doing what I would expect/hope for I just let them get on with it. I concentrate on my own game and try to adapt to the situation.

spamhamstar #9 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostTyburn, on 06 April 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Being a [edited]to your LT drivers really only highlights ones lack of patience, competency and selfishness. If I see ANYONE or ANY tank on my team not doing what I would expect/hope for I just let them get on with it. I concentrate on my own game and try to adapt to the situation.

I'm not sure you're cut out for this game, as that all sounds entirely sensible & rational :amazed:

kaneloon #10 Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29937 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

View PostHuntingwolf, on 06 April 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Completely  out or range or are on  completely different side of the map AND INSIST fire support were NO one could help and are pissed off afterwards that  they the Popped like popcorn. ( it also takes time to relocate... yada  yada yada )

There was probably a history behind this behaviour.

For instance what never cease to amazes me is when arties are still moving at 45s, when they only had to shoot your targets once (almost all the enemy team) and then move on.

And once in their cozy corner they ask for spot ...

iztok #11 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

Spotting is dead for  long time.

• On corridor maps it's not needed.
  • On open maps only fools advance and die. The rest of players camp i good positions and wait for fools and bored players (who can't stand waiting anymore) to come. And when they come, they're spotted without scouts.
  • Because of that scouts need to spot so far ahead no one can fire at spotted targets.
  • And when those campers demand a scout to go spot, that usually means "Make opponents come to me so I can shot them from my safe position I don't want to leave under any condition." OFC it's scout's fault he doesn't provide... :facepalm:

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 06 April 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Bordhaw #12 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 05 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

>I go spot.

>I spot 4-5 tanks.

>I spot again.

>I'm at 53 HP.

"Allies" be like:

>"yeah all report pls"

>"noob bot"

It has always been like that....

Schepel #13 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62525 battles

Playing the ELC even, which can be a lot of fun. Except when you are bottom tier on one of the worst possible corridor maps and everybody and his mother is trying to hide. Literally nowhere to go that doesn't involve frontal combat with stuff that can drive over you, laughing. So I died.

End of the game, the red bot in a TX med (obj 430) with barely 1500 dmg: "noob, 0 dmg!"

Just...

Shacou #14 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21502 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Humanities dead weight is always the loudest.

DeadLecter #15 Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28808 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 April 2019 - 02:09 AM, said:

My 13 90 today got the same deal. I did keep 3 tanks perma spotted for about 3 min. Nothing hit them, and they hardly fired. So basically, they are no threat to us in terms of dealing damage, and no one cares. So I left to spot a different group that did get hit and did do damage to my HT's as well. But when I left, then suddenly half my campers was concerned about those 3. And arty fired on me for not spotting them and I was a bot, vs spotting the guns actually doing damage to our tanks that I was currently doing. So go figure.

Those 3 tanks all were bottom 3 on damage on their team. I got 4K assist even with a dead commander from our arty. So not complaining.

My strategy is I spot once, either they shoot or not. If they don't then I'm done. No more spotting. No point in getting myself killed for a bunch of bots. My tank also has a gun, so I start shooting and avoid spotting. Sometimes I may give them a second chance if there are good players on my team.

CyberRage #16 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2124 battles
  • [ANCAT] ANCAT

Just disable chat to be honest, works much better.

The most annoying thing is people downright trolling or being a general muppet. I'm talking about the people that drive next to you in a heavy tank to attract arty, that use you use a body shield and start shooting or especially the people that push you out of cover to steal a spot that you are using to scout. People crying for me to suicide spot doesn't bother me.

_6i6_ #17 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14494 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 06 April 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

>I go spot.

>I spot 4-5 tanks.

>I spot again.

>I'm at 53 HP.

"Allies" be like:

>"yeah all report pls"

>"noob bot"

tell them to f*ck off and then block them

LordMuffin #18 Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHuntingwolf, on 06 April 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

No it isnt BUT:

Communication is key but since WOT turned toxic and turned into a solo game in random...it don't work as it should.

So many players (probably close to 99% of those who whine in chat about 'go spot stupid light tank) are incapable of moving their tank to a position from where they can actually shoot the tanks the light spotted without getting shot back.

I have had so many Prokhorovka corner campers whine about 'go spot light' with the problem that if I spit something,  they won't be able to shoot it anyway, so I have to risk my entire tank for spotting enemy tanks my team mates aren't capable of shooting anyway. 

Balc0ra #19 Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDeadLecter, on 06 April 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

My strategy is I spot once, either they shoot or not. If they don't then I'm done. No more spotting. No point in getting myself killed for a bunch of bots. My tank also has a gun, so I start shooting and avoid spotting. Sometimes I may give them a second chance if there are good players on my team.

Well that game we had 3 lights. The other 2 was spotting the flank fire. I moved when they died to take over. As I did notice those guns had zero plans to move. As I hoped they would cross the open to "flank".  As there is little point in having all vision on the same grid on the map. But if I'm alone as the only light... then ofc I don't waste to much time on it. As for gun, well I lacked pen for that frontal armor.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 April 2019 - 12:15 AM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #20 Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37100 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

Yeah, i know the feeling.

I haven't played lights lately, but even in meds i love when you are the last med and you have 100-200 hp, and full hp TD's are like:

>'go spot med, stop camping'

>'how about you go [edited] yourself, i am one shot [edited]!!!'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users