Jump to content


Major changes during the past 2-3 years?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Mahtistondis #1 Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9031 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013

Been quite a while since I've played this game. I'm curious to know the biggest gameplay changes which have occured, since I've been thinking about starting to play again once I buy a new comp.

It was a TD fest around the time I stopped playing.

What are the main issues nowadays?



xx984 #2 Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 59710 battles
  • 2,841
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

Game is better despite what people say, yes there is issues but overall it has improved.

 

- Tier 10 light tanks are in the game now

- Template MM system

- Artillery rework, less damage and pen, higher splash and can stun your crews for a certain period of time

- Reusable consumables, 90 second cooldown. medkits can be used to remove the stun from arty. 

- Swedish tech tree was added, which includes a campy TD line.

 

Main down sides;

 

Japanese heavies - Stupid over buffed armour, and huge derp guns that can just auto aim and do 600 damage, getting nerfed soon luckily 

Arty - Still in the game and not limited to one per side

Gold spam - Its needed at the moment but still frustrating, cant blame people for loading it with all the heavily armoured tanks going around now though

MM - While MM has just been 'fixed' for when you play solo, it is much worse when playing in tier 10 platoons, seeing as tier 10 is the endgame content and you are being punished for playing it with friends, thats a big issue

 

Stuff i can think of off the top of my head :) hope it helps



Retro_Drops #3 Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3324 battles
  • 19
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

View Postxx984, on 08 April 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Game is better despite what people say, yes there is issues but overall it has improved.

 

- Tier 10 light tanks are in the game now

- Template MM system

- Artillery rework, less damage and pen, higher splash and can stun your crews for a certain period of time

- Reusable consumables, 90 second cooldown. medkits can be used to remove the stun from arty. 

- Swedish tech tree was added, which includes a campy TD line.

 

Main down sides;

 

Japanese heavies - Stupid over buffed armour, and huge derp guns that can just auto aim and do 600 damage, getting nerfed soon luckily 

Arty - Still in the game and not limited to one per side

Gold spam - Its needed at the moment but still frustrating, cant blame people for loading it with all the heavily armoured tanks going around now though

MM - While MM has just been 'fixed' for when you play solo, it is much worse when playing in tier 10 platoons, seeing as tier 10 is the endgame content and you are being punished for playing it with friends, thats a big issue

 

Stuff i can think of off the top of my head :) hope it helps

 

 

how can you be punished playing tier 10? 

 

not like its matching you up with tier 11s



Toni112007 #4 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11057 battles
  • 708
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
Arty. It's still annoying tho.

xx984 #5 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 59710 battles
  • 2,841
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostRetro_Drops, on 08 April 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

 

how can you be punished playing tier 10? 

 

not like its matching you up with tier 11s

 

full tier 10 24/7.

 

1) Boring, no variety at all, shooting the same tanks, on the same maps over and over gets old fast, while it shouldn't be against tier 8s every game for obvious reasons, full tier 10 when in platoons every game is punishing platooning and discouraging it.

 

2) No tier 10 tank is that good in full tier 10, you get ones that are better but still not great. Type 5, armour is bad and gets penned by everything in full tier 10. Same goes for 430U which also has a terrible gun for full tier 10, same goes for 268 V4, etc. The only tank i can really think off that is decent in full tier 10 is the 907, bouncy armour, good gun. But thats not in the tech tree and most players cant get it. And when you add the factor that there is nearly always atleast 2 artillery in every full tier 10 game, and maps either have no arty cover, or are city maps which are not good for some tanks. then yes it is very punishing to play in platoons at tier 10



Homer_J #6 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31189 battles
  • 33,735
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMahtistondis, on 08 April 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

It was a TD fest around the time I stopped playing.

 

 

Must have been just after the first big arty nerf.

 

Since then they changed the matchmaker, all classes get +/-2 matchmaking (though some individual tanks still have exceptions), light lines got extended to tier X, they reworked the physics again, now you can go upside down, and everything is pretty and HD.



Balc0ra #7 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69743 battles
  • 18,764
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMahtistondis, on 08 April 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

It was a TD fest around the time I stopped playing.

 

What fest it is comes and goes. TD fest is still around now as there is a marathon on, or when the new campaigns start with damage missions etc.

 

To add on what was pointed out above. You missed 3-5-7 MM. As that's the template he talked about. It was terrible, and not many did enjoy it. Now we have more templates, but MM also gives you less +2 games and more +0 games. So tier 8 is a bit nicer now if you run stock grinds etc. Polish and Italians are also now in the game. The Polish have the worst tier 6 med around. But their HT's are not to bad. Italians don't really get good until tier 8. They have clip guns on their meds then. But not magazine fed. But one shell at the time. The fewer shells they have, the longer the pr shell reload is. And your E25 has been sold a few times. So it's a more common sight again now. French got wheeled lights. They are fast, but blind as a bat as far as spotting goes, as mid-tiers have 300 base view range. They all have HE pen = to their caliber. But their AP dpm is really low for a light.

 

Your most played tank got some buffs, but his tier X med brothers have changed. 430 went to tier 9, and a new tier X was added in his place. In fact several lines have changed on higher tiers. French TD are now clip guns. But the tier X is not a common sight. Foch 155 was removed. FV 183 was swapped with a Badger. German Maus line got reworked and there are some new super heavies for you to face there. British also lost their tier X HT.  Your T-54 has seen a turret buff and some gun changes. And with the addition of tier X lights... all lights got +2 MM. And thus some has seen drastic changes like a lower clip size on the French lights, but a faster reload etc. 

 

 



Mahtistondis #8 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9031 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013

Thank you for summing it up neatly xx984 and Balc0ra.

The arty rework and replenishing consumables seem interesting. 

How's the map design at the moment? I played meds mainly and disliked city maps because they often lacked the aspect of scouting and sneaky flanking.


Edited by Mahtistondis, 08 April 2019 - 01:49 PM.


Jigabachi #9 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,794
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMahtistondis, on 08 April 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

How's the map design at the moment? I played meds mainly and disliked city maps because they often lacked the aspect of scouting and sneaky flanking.

Got a lot worse. Only a few new maps (not a single good one) and the ones we had got mostly fixed for the worse with only minor improvements, turning everything into corridors.

Bonuspoints for the new soapy movement mechanics on every surface that isn't flat...



Balc0ra #10 Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69743 battles
  • 18,764
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostMahtistondis, on 08 April 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

How's the map design at the moment? I played meds mainly and disliked city maps because they often lacked the aspect of scouting and sneaky flanking.

 

New maps since you left are not wide open, but are either more corridor or one half is open for "meds". So depending on if you like to play aggressive or supportive in your meds. It can go both ways.

 

Tho... soon you will get a map veto option for one map. And that map will never be picked for you when you solo. But you might see it when platooned, as then they go by the platoon leaders veto.



xx984 #11 Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 59710 battles
  • 2,841
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostMahtistondis, on 08 April 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Thank you for summing it up neatly xx984 and Balc0ra.

The arty rework and replenishing consumables seem interesting. 

How's the map design at the moment? I played meds mainly and disliked city maps because they often lacked the aspect of scouting and sneaky flanking.

 

map design isn't the best but certainly not as bad as most people on this forum make it out to be.

 

2 really nice new maps, Empires border and Ghost town. Ghost town is completely symmetrical and lots of options to take any class of tank. there are some truly bad maps in the game, such as Fishermans bay. But the majority of the time you can do well in every class of tank on any map. You just need to learn to adapt and be flexible. 


Edited by xx984, 08 April 2019 - 02:29 PM.


pallie_the_artillerist #12 Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19133 battles
  • 1,271
  • [TRTD] TRTD
  • Member since:
    01-12-2013
why do people hate fishermans bay? I can think of many worse maps

Rati_Festa #13 Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 46823 battles
  • 2,084
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View Postxx984, on 08 April 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

map design isn't the best but certainly not as bad as most people on this forum make it out to be.

 

2 really nice new maps, Empires border and Ghost town. Ghost town is completely symmetrical and lots of options to take any class of tank. there are some truly bad maps in the game, such as Fishermans bay. But the majority of the time you can do well in every class of tank on any map. You just need to learn to adapt and be flexible. 

 

Empires Border.... good..err... am I reading that correctly. Fishermans bay is far superior to Fjords as well.

 

There are 2 new good maps, Glacier and Ghost town :)

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users