Jump to content


I have an Idea: Weather effects and night maps


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SgtMany #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7604 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016
Hi, i would be very happy to see weather effects like rain and something else and of course nightmaps. I hope you will think about it wargaming. (Computer of course)

wsatnutter #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:34 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • 9,072
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
its been suggested many moons ago

Dr_Oolen #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23291 battles
  • 1,827
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

Never saw anyone suggest that, certainly not in 2014.

 

 



The_Naa #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 666
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

PS4 has weather. PC has not. 

After all consoles are the Master race in terms of perfomanse. 



Captain_Kremen0 #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38257 battles
  • 1,929
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostThe_Naa, on 09 April 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

PS4 has weather. PC has not. 

After all consoles are the Master race in terms of perfomanse. 

 

Of course - take all the bits out of the box that allow you to do work and put more potatoes in.

Laiskamato #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47188 battles
  • 443
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostThe_Naa, on 09 April 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

PS4 has weather. PC has not. 

After all consoles are the Master race in terms of perfomanse. 

 

My graphics card has more computing power than console

StinkyStonky #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31613 battles
  • 2,441
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

And smoke grenade ...

And mine fields ...

And infantry troops with RPGs

And the ability to call in air strikes

And the ability to fly the plane for those strikes.

And anti-aircraft guns to shoot the planes down.

 

:facepalm:



Jigabachi #8 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 20,761
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Use the search function. It has been suggested many times and there also were people who bothered to think about it for more than just 5 seconds.

The_Naa #9 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 666
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostLaiskamato, on 09 April 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

My graphics card has more computing power than console

 

good. but where is your weather and night maps?

i have mine on console.

there is no mods for weather on PC either? such a pity 


Edited by The_Naa, 09 April 2019 - 04:51 PM.


RinTin_NL #10 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17025 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    08-08-2014
Lots of clouds please so arty can't see your tank!  :trollface:

DuncaN_101 #11 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 54589 battles
  • 2,576
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Ow look... This again

(tbf I don't think it's a bad idea its just been suggested many times before)

Balc0ra #12 Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69705 battles
  • 18,740
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 09 April 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

PS4 has weather. PC has not. 

After all consoles are the Master race in terms of perfomanse. 

 

Reason for that is simple. A: Everyone plays on the same systems more or less. So they know for sure everyone is not affected by it in terms of performance etc. And B: Night mode works on console for one simple reason. Tracers are visible from everyone, even un-spotted targets. So your bush lights up when you fire... so everyone knows where to hit, not leaving everyone blind. And considering how PC works, that would be hidden info waiting to be abused. 
 

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 April 2019 - 02:14 PM.


The_Naa #13 Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5239 battles
  • 666
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 April 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

 

Reason for that is simple. A: Everyone plays on the same systems more or less. So they know for sure everyone is not affected by it in terms of performance etc. And B: Night mode works on console for one simple reason. Tracers are visible from everyone, even un-spotted targets. So your bush lights up when you fire... so everyone knows where to hit, not leaving everyone blind. And considering how PC works, that would be hidden info waiting to be abused. 
 

 

indeed. every one on consoles is just as strong as the other in performance.

but on PC you have hew who have top notch gaming computers  and others have either meh or low performing PCs so everyone suffers.

the only good thing i can say to defend PC is that K&M are better than joysticks, but after WG Chicago figures out how to program the game so that you can drive with DPAD, even that advantage is kinda lost.

but even still i will stay on PC just because i have my money here not in PS4 so i dont want them to go to waste.



arthurwellsley #14 Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53131 battles
  • 3,653
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostSgtMany, on 09 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hi, i would be very happy to see weather effects like rain and something else and of course nightmaps. I hope you will think about it wargaming. (Computer of course)

 

WG had a night time map and it was a complete disaster, which is why it was removed.

Each time I got that map it gave me a head ache just looking at the damn thing.

Good riddance.



Balc0ra #15 Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69705 battles
  • 18,740
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 April 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

 

indeed. every one on consoles is just as strong as the other in performance.

but on PC you have hew who have top notch gaming computers  and others have either meh or low performing PCs so everyone suffers.

 

WG have pointed this out as a reason for not adding stuff in the past, or even pushing it further. it would leave too many behind. And even steam charts of system hardware shows many are still not even on the 1080 bandwagon and are a few gens behind, even thothe 2080 has arrived.  Even on ram the gap is fairly huge as many still use DDR 2 even. I see no reason why it would be close to the same on WOT. Even XP is still getting around on steam. WG made a video about that OS recently. As DX and GPU drivers etc can't or won't support it anymore. So neither can they if they want to push the engine forward. And if some still game on XP? Well.

 

View Postarthurwellsley, on 10 April 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

 

WG had a night time map and it was a complete disaster, which is why it was removed.

Each time I got that map it gave me a head ache just looking at the damn thing.

Good riddance.

 

Most complained about not seeing anything either. As It was the big world engine. And light/bloom effects was not it's strong side or used much on that map. Night maps on consolefeels a bit better tho due to the light sources etc. They have a night map version of Ruinberg. And house fires and barricades lights up most of the map rather good. As the background is ablaze too. So it gives you less of a... headache. The old PC version of that map had more or less zero light sources. Even from fires that was the theme of the map.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 April 2019 - 02:45 PM.


Bordhaw #16 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13422 battles
  • 3,631
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostSgtMany, on 09 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hi, i would be very happy to see weather effects like rain and something else and of course nightmaps. I hope you will think about it wargaming. (Computer of course)

 

Turn your screen brightness down to minimal - and there you will have a night map!

 



unhappy_bunny #17 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19256 battles
  • 3,193
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostSgtMany, on 09 April 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hi, i would be very happy to see weather effects like rain and something else and of course nightmaps. I hope you will think about it wargaming. (Computer of course)

 

There could be several new features.

 

Night vison perk/equipment for driver, gunner and commander.

Nearby explosions reduce view range due affect on night vision.

Camping on Red line cause rust damage to vehicle.

Heavy rain cause vehilce to bog down in mud and shed tracks. 

General view range reduced considerably.

View range further reduced by heavy rain. 

Umpires stop play due to poor light and Duckworth-Lewis rules determine outcome of the battle.



Balc0ra #18 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69705 battles
  • 18,740
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 10 April 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

 

There could be several new features.

 

Night vison perk/equipment for driver, gunner and commander.

Nearby explosions reduce view range due affect on night vision.

Camping on Red line cause rust damage to vehicle.

Heavy rain cause vehilce to bog down in mud and shed tracks. 

General view range reduced considerably.

View range further reduced by heavy rain. 

Umpires stop play due to poor light and Duckworth-Lewis rules determine outcome of the battle.

 

Console 100% ignored that. Night or bad weather don't affect driving or view range. It's just a visual change. WOWS however do. But if you play on low details, it looks like a light breeze vs a typhoon. 

jimbobjammybob #19 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 620 battles
  • 255
  • [TH1NK] TH1NK
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015

View Postarthurwellsley, on 10 April 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

 

WG had a night time map and it was a complete disaster, which is why it was removed.

Each time I got that map it gave me a head ache just looking at the damn thing.

Good riddance.

 

I clicked on that image to see it a bit better and guess what....

Renesco #20 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 24692 battles
  • 753
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostDuncaN_101, on 10 April 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Ow look... This again

 

View PostDr_Oolen, on 09 April 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Never saw anyone suggest that, certainly not in 2014.

 

View PostStinkyStonky, on 09 April 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

And smoke grenade ...

And mine fields ...

And infantry troops with RPGs

And the ability to call in air strikes

And the ability to fly the plane for those strikes.

And anti-aircraft guns to shoot the planes down.

 

:facepalm:

 

View PostBordhaw, on 10 April 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Turn your screen brightness down to minimal - and there you will have a night map!

 

Oh look, a bunch of passive aggressive forum NPCs with thousands of forums posts who immediately show up to share their very important opinions.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users