bug bots afk notfair

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Globetitan #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19058 battles
  • [B_P_K] B_P_K
Can anybody explain me what is going on in this game?

I had low chance of winning at the end of the game so I basically went suicide (lets not go into what ive should have done or not...). The game ends 14:14 but we still lost because our last player was AFK and he was killed by the system but if he wasnt killed by the system it would have been a draw.
Is this bug? or am i suppose to know my teamplayers are AFK and gonna be killed by the system or what?

Im also asking the support what is going on and im gonna post the result here.

If this is a feature (and I am suppose to know that this can happen because the best UX design is not gonna tell me that - LOL) let me imagine a situation when there are 15 bots in number one team and 15 normal players in number two team. Basically even though if noone does any damage or cap the flag - the number two team is gonna win just because they are not bots.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4841274#live_oaks-globetitan-object_14
----
My english is not perfect, sorry for that.

Edited by Globetitan, 09 April 2019 - 11:12 AM.

In_Flames90 #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10965 battles
  • [STRV1] STRV1
Not being rude or anything, but does it matter? A draw is considered a loss either way, both in terms of winratio and victory condition.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31993 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
If a player is afk or has left the battle early, his tank is destroyed just before the battle ends.
This means AFK players have to pay full repair costs, even if the tank winds and they took no shells.

Victory is decided after the battle ends and by this point he was dead. You'll note in the team results screen,  you lost 15:14, not 14:14.

Blame the loss on the afk player, not the game.

Dorander #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20349 battles

Well you explained it yourself, looks like some AFK detection system kicked in and killed him, or perhaps the player had been disconnected for a while. It's just a coincidence that it happened at the last second.

You knew he was AFK, would you have done anything differently had you not known? Do you value a draw higher than a loss, given that a draw is just a loss for both sides when it comes to the rewards of victory?

Baldrickk #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31993 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

It's just a coincidence that it happened at the last second.

Not really. 

For a short time, leaving the battle blew up your tank instantly. 

Ofc people abused this to quit out on low health to deny people the kill, like drowners nowadays but instant and could be done anywhere. 

WG made it so that the tanks persist to the last second so that the kills can still be had. 

Globetitan #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19058 battles
  • [B_P_K] B_P_K

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

You knew he was AFK, would you have done anything differently had you not known? Do you value a draw higher than a loss

Yes that is my point. I dont see the fairness in this. I would have done it differently but the game didnt tell me that "he is dead". I just gave the enemy free win because of bad UX design (or kinda stupid result maker imho) thats exactly my point.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70161 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

A draw is still a loss for you. So it makes zero difference. As you don't get a win bonus, and your WR drops. 

But yes, afk system destroys idle tanks to give them repair etc. And they are counted as destroyed by the system them. So enemy won by elimination. It's the same as before when you could kill the last enemy that capped to 100% and still win. But now cap goes over elimination. So today that would be a loss even if you killed them all.

But it's rare that I've seen a game won or lost due to it. So it's not like it's a massively common game breaking issue.

View PostGlobetitan, on 09 April 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Yes that is my point. I dont see the fairness in this. I would have done it differently but the game didnt tell me that "he is dead". I just gave the enemy free win because of bad UX design (or kinda stupid result maker imho) thats exactly my point.

Bad design or not. It was what players asked for to punish idle farmers. And thus why it was added. As he is destroyed during those 5 end seconds, it still leaves a narrow window to win by elimination.  And if he did not load in,  the game tells you. As his name is greyed out. Meaning he won't help you. And if he did load in "as he moved 1km". Then the system don't let you know visually he DC indeed. But if he don't move at all for long. Then you should have fallen back and used him as bum bait. But Capt Hindsight and all that. 

But as you said you had a low chance of  winning so you yoloed. Would you have done that if you knew he was afk or not? As it sounds like you did not know, yet you still pushed to hard as you said.

Edited by Balc0ra, 09 April 2019 - 11:38 AM.

AliceUnchained #8 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 38977 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostGlobetitan, on 09 April 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

I just gave the enemy free win because of bad UX design (or kinda stupid result maker imho) thats exactly my point.

No you didn't. You gave the other team the free win because of the choice that you made. Your point is a feebly one, and simply born out of a necessity to blame someone or something else. 

divsmo #9 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35215 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
How can you moan about what is fair in game after suiciding?

vorlontank #10 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25670 battles

View Postdivsmo, on 09 April 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

This, you threw the game, your bad attitude lost this

Dorander #11 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20349 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 09 April 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Not really. 

For a short time, leaving the battle blew up your tank instantly. 

Ofc people abused this to quit out on low health to deny people the kill, like drowners nowadays but instant and could be done anywhere. 

WG made it so that the tanks persist to the last second so that the kills can still be had. 

Thanks, didn't know that.

View Postdivsmo, on 09 April 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Did you watch the replay? He didn't suicide so much, he just made a tactically unsound decision based on the idea that even if he died, it'd still be a draw. He got killed by the enemy, he didn't drive into water or something.

View PostGlobetitan, on 09 April 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Well especially after what Baldrickk just told me, it's not a bad design. You were just unaware of it, and now you are. I can see how it's frustrating to not have something you expected to happen, happen, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't affect your output one way or another. If I were in your shoes I'd take comfort in that and not be too concerned with 15 random people who got a win instead of a draw, none of which are you.

divsmo #12 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35215 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Did you watch the replay? He didn't suicide so much, he just made a tactically unsound decision based on the idea that even if he died, it'd still be a draw. He got killed by the enemy, he didn't drive into water or something.

No i was just going off of what he said in his first post (i basically suicided). Then a draw is essentially a loss in this game anyway so i can't really see what the big deal is.

Also tagged with bug, bots, afk, notfair

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users