Jump to content


crew rework - solution


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Bucifel #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34332 battles
  • 1,568
  • [QUIET] QUIET
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

we all say in recent Q&As that thing about crew reworks...ability to not forget anymore old tanks...etc

heres an easyer solution :

 

give to all elited tanks ability to use crews without penalty just like reward and premium ones, but without other advantages like extra xp or anything. Just to use crews without penalty.

 

I saw in last W&A that a problem to store all infos about past tanks in crew will overload game..etc etc. So why not change tanks instead if we already have this option?

 

In this way is not necessary even to make 6 sense standard anymore...


Edited by Bucifel, 09 April 2019 - 12:13 PM.


Homer_J #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,683
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

I think this would upset the old player vs new player balance even more.

 

All those tier X crews I have can be recycled back down the next line of the same nation/type.



yessuz #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13299 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

no, actually enough would be if the Crew would not "forget" how to drive a tank which it drove before.

 

for example:

Got T30 with 4 skills crew. Unlock T110E4. Transfer that crew to T110E4, retrain it to it... and that Crew just forgot it used to drive T30.. and T25/2, and T28 prot, and so on - all the line, 6 tanks - all are forgotten.

 

WHY?

 

It is probably the only reason I sell the tank when I unlock a new one - because I move the crews, retrain - and sorry, but I have no will (and no motivation to improve it) to drive same tier 8 or tier 9 without 6 sense, repairs and so on.

 

this is just stupid.

 

moreover, I wonder, how much do WG actually earn from people, who

- Buy new tank

- Keep old tank, and buys new crew in it

- converts gold to FXP.

 

 

probably - minimal.

 

but what you actually get - much less lower tier tanks in MM. Because people finish tank, sells and moves on. And tank is gone from the garage and effectively from MM



Bucifel #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34332 battles
  • 1,568
  • [QUIET] QUIET
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 09 April 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think this would upset the old player vs new player balance even more.

 

All those tier X crews I have can be recycled back down the next line of the same nation/type.

this can be easy solved with some kind of refund

some crews merge between same tank type of same nation in terms of xp from their current skills...to simply add all on one crew

 

for example..you have 2 crews on tier 9 and 10 tanks

that refund can be to simply disolve one crew and get all xp from it available to spend on the other crew. That simply means +1 or more skills or perks to the other crew depending how many you already have.

easy fix..

 

View Postyessuz, on 09 April 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

no, actually enough would be if the Crew would not "forget" how to drive a tank which it drove before.

 

for example:

Got T30 with 4 skills crew. Unlock T110E4. Transfer that crew to T110E4, retrain it to it... and that Crew just forgot it used to drive T30.. and T25/2, and T28 prot, and so on - all the line, 6 tanks - all are forgotten.

 

WHY?

 

It is probably the only reason I sell the tank when I unlock a new one - because I move the crews, retrain - and sorry, but I have no will (and no motivation to improve it) to drive same tier 8 or tier 9 without 6 sense, repairs and so on.

 

this is just stupid.

 

moreover, I wonder, how much do WG actually earn from people, who

- Buy new tank

- Keep old tank, and buys new crew in it

- converts gold to FXP.

 

 

probably - minimal.

 

but what you actually get - much less lower tier tanks in MM. Because people finish tank, sells and moves on. And tank is gone from the garage and effectively from MM

and what the heck i tried to say..? :facepalm:

 

they said to make crews to not forget their old qualifications they need to overload game with this storage on crew...and is not the best solution due to this.

 

what i said will do exactly same thing...but without this work to store all data in crews.

just give to elited tanks this option and they dont need their own crew anymore.


Edited by Bucifel, 09 April 2019 - 01:32 PM.


Retro_Drops #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3312 battles
  • 19
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018

Same crew training as console is needed.

 

The skill gets learnt buy the whole crew as one. one skill at a time



tankqull #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21354 battles
  • 1,604
  • [WBD] WBD
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011
the problem are the number of perks available over time. what needs to be done is a restriction of active perks per crewmember to reduce the gap between old and new players. sth like Tier 1-5 one perk max, T6-10 2 perks max, T10 in pure T10matches unlimited.

Bucifel #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34332 battles
  • 1,568
  • [QUIET] QUIET
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Posttankqull, on 09 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

the problem are the number of perks available over time. what needs to be done is a restriction of active perks per crewmember to reduce the gap between old and new players. sth like Tier 1-5 one perk max, T6-10 2 perks max, T10 in pure T10matches unlimited.

 

since more than 3-4 skills are in fact useless...theres no such a problem

all what you need is camo, repairs and some speciffic on each member...6 sense, SA, and some for driver/gunner + BIA..all others are just for...personal fame :)

 

anyway...a crew rework for skills or perks is another story and more than wellcome since we have so many useless skills

but this have nothing to do with what i proposed.



Homer_J #8 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,683
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBucifel, on 09 April 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

this can be easy solved with some kind of refund

some crews merge between same tank type of same nation in terms of xp from their current skills...to simply add all on one crew

 

for example..you have 2 crews on tier 9 and 10 tanks

that refund can be to simply disolve one crew and get all xp from it available to spend on the other crew. That simply means +1 or more skills or perks to the other crew depending how many you already have.

You completely missed my point and came up with a solution which would make it even worse.

 

At the moment if I want to keep a tier X in my garage then it needs it's own crew.  If for instance I have the IS-4 and want the IS-7 then I need to start a second crew.

 

With your original proposal I could take the IS-4 crew, retrain it, and use it for the 2nd line, so I start at whatever level the lines split now with a 4 skill crew and end up with a 6 skill crew which I can then train for a KV-1 and go stomping newbies with.

 

With your 2nd proposal I will most certainly run out of skills to choose.

 

View PostRetro_Drops, on 09 April 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Same crew training as console is needed.

 

The skill gets learnt buy the whole crew as one. one skill at a time

Just no.

 

Unless you want to go through my 100+ crews and reassign everything.  But even then just no.  Don't need any dumb console ideas here.



Balc0ra #9 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:01 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69698 battles
  • 18,721
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
So what would I do with the 500+ crew members that suddenly are useless because I can use the best crews pr nation to get the most out if it as is? 

Homer_J #10 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31180 battles
  • 33,683
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 April 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

So what would I do with the 500+ crew members that suddenly are useless because I can use the best crews pr nation to get the most out if it as is? 

 

View PostBucifel, on 09 April 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

this can be easy solved with some kind of refund

some crews merge between same tank type of same nation in terms of xp from their current skills...to simply add all on one crew

 

for example..you have 2 crews on tier 9 and 10 tanks

that refund can be to simply disolve one crew and get all xp from it available to spend on the other crew. That simply means +1 or more skills or perks to the other crew depending how many you already have.

easy fix..

 

Not sure what you are going to do with a 10 skill crew but there's your answer.


Edited by Homer_J, 10 April 2019 - 01:10 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users