Move marathons on to one particular server

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

tajj7 #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you insist on flooding us with these marathons, at least give us the option NOT to be involved in it.

The game is just flooded with terrible players, playing tiers they have no idea what they are doing and it results in games that last 3-4 minutes where having a good game is so difficult whether you win or lose. 

These marathons consistently make the gameplay even worse, so just restrict them to one server and let us have some respite from the terrible players. I have been checking on my teams after games and I am consistently seeing players who have like 45% or worse win rates, I have never seen so many players with like 42% or 43% etc. win rates and they make up like 5+ of each team. These marathons seem to pull the worst players out of the woodwork and they all seem to gravitate to higher tier play (which makes no sense as these people are never going to do the marathon ever).

So just give players not doing the marathon an option to play the game without this madness, just normal games. 

Balc0ra #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69698 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

You know what that would do. It would just make one server have 5 to 15K . And then 50 to 120K on the other server. Breaking it in the prosses. As you know how one is when the other dies, it can barely hang on. 

And most of them are on tier 9 and X anyway. So easily avoided.

SWAT0013 #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29282 battles
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V

I would completely support this idea if they add EU3 and most preferably EU4 for those marathons.

Otherwise it is a "duck" move - some players can only play on one server with normal ping, some servers may fall etc.

Dorander #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles
I'm totally fine with the current state of the playerbase, been murdering people left right and center.

xx984 #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 59644 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'm totally fine with the current state of the playerbase, been murdering people left right and center.

this.

More idiots for marathon means more people to farm and kill which also means easier marathon for you.. dont complain its a good thing:playing:

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46710 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

There are healthy sprightly seals and the there are old blind, deaf and dumb seals :P Clubbing is only fun when they fight back a bit :P

It worked well when you needed to get the 500hps damage, not so well when you needed the Exp.

I did a couple of matches 5k combined in a T8 tank and still on losing teams, half my team on 0 dmg etc. Literally held a flank on my on vs 7, while the opposing enemy 8 defeated my 14 team mates.

Tajj is right about the playing level and impact on enjoyment level its been at its very worst last few days for me, just utter trash in some matches. 

Ringo_Star #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 56922 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Maybe I am a terrible person, but abundance of bad players is the reason I love these marathons.When I see these poor clueless souls roaming the battlefield without any sense or plan, it just brings big predatory smile on my face. Sure they are low hanging fruits, but a kill is a kill. Blood for the blood god. And chaos is always nice, it breaks monotony. There are new situations to adapt, new creative ways to be effecient and to try to squeeze best possible results in short games. Anyways it is just fun, I am hoping for more marathons in the future.

Dorander #8 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 09 April 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

There are healthy sprightly seals and the there are old blind, deaf and dumb seals :P Clubbing is only fun when they fight back a bit :P

It worked well when you needed to get the 500hps damage, not so well when you needed the Exp.

I did a couple of matches 5k combined in a T8 tank and still on losing teams, half my team on 0 dmg etc. Literally held a flank on my on vs 7, while the opposing enemy 8 defeated my 14 team mates.

Tajj is right about the playing level and impact on enjoyment level its been at its very worst last few days for me, just utter trash in some matches. 

Yeah, some matches are utter trash, I agree.

And then you get one where you do that 5k damage and you've found yourself carrying harder than you ever imagined.

Both happen.

Fighto #9 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36560 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
There are players basically killing themselves once they have 500 damage done, its a joke.

tajj7 #10 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Then you have been lucky, simple as that.

Try being in a game with 7, literally 7 people who had below 43% win rate on your team, and then lost in 15-2 in 3 minutes and 25 seconds, bearing in mind that the first 30s to a minute is usually taken up with deploying we were 9-0 down within 1 1/2 minutes of the first tanks being spotted. And this was a tier 9 and 10 games. 

It is impossible to do anything in a game like that. I'd literally had time to fire my gun at about 3 targets before I was surrounded by 5 + tanks. 

And I have consistently got games like that, all fine and dandy if you get luck with teams and you get a good distribution of bad and good, but if you don't you get horrible sessions and most of these teams simply cannot be carried. 

I'd rather not have these 'players' on either team, just so I can play and fight under more normal circumstances. Just had a game where there was ONE other player with above 50% win rate and the rest were basically 47% or overall and since the marathon has started I am consistently getting these teams more often than not. 

Edited by tajj7, 09 April 2019 - 03:41 PM.

Dorander #11 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View Posttajj7, on 09 April 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Try being in a game with 7, literally 7 people who had below 43% win rate on your team, and then lost in 15-2 in 3 minutes and 25 seconds, bearing in mind that the first 30s to a minute is usually taken up with deploying we were 9-0 down within 1 1/2 minutes of the first tanks being spotted. And this was a tier 9 and 10 games. 

It is impossible to do anything in a game like that. I'd literally had time to fire my gun at about 3 targets before I was surrounded by 5 + tanks. 

And I have consistently got games like that, all fine and dandy if you get luck with teams and you get a good distribution of bad and good, but if you don't you get horrible sessions and most of these teams simply cannot be carried. 

I'd rather not have these 'players' on either team, just so I can play and fight under more normal circumstances. Just had a game where there was ONE other player with above 50% win rate and the rest were basically 47% or overall and since the marathon has started I am consistently getting these teams more often than not. 

Or you've just been unlucky. Or you've just been lucky all those other times. Or you got used to something that you shouldn't have gotten used to.

Population control because you don't like playing with less skilled players is never reasonable, that discussion has been had many times, whether it's skillbased MM or silly notions that less skilled players aren't supposed to exist by some odd magic.

tajj7 #12 Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27067 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDorander, on 09 April 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Or you've just been unlucky. Or you've just been lucky all those other times. Or you got used to something that you shouldn't have gotten used to.

Population control because you don't like playing with less skilled players is never reasonable, that discussion has been had many times, whether it's skillbased MM or silly notions that less skilled players aren't supposed to exist by some odd magic.

I know I have been unlucky, that literally has NOTHING to do with what I am saying. GG on point missing.

Its about the standard of gameplay, which is terrible, because people play terribly during marathons AND it attracts more casual/lesser experience players to the game and particularly these sorts of marathons because they have a higher tier component that these terrible players somehow think is a good idea for them to try do.

All in all what you get is even worse games than usual.  And then if you get unlucky in that environment it is even more horrible than usual and even harder to do anything about because the actual competent players are spread so thinly and even half of the competent players are playing like idiots because of the marathon. 

So its a simple suggestion, move the marathon to one server, and thus give players a choice as to whether they want to be involved with the mess or not. 

Dorander #13 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19620 battles

View Posttajj7, on 09 April 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I know I have been unlucky, that literally has NOTHING to do with what I am saying. GG on point missing.

View Posttajj7, on 09 April 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

So lucky or unlucky has "nothing" to do with what you're saying even though you're the one who brought it up. Consequentially in your mind, if I do fine under these circumstances it's dismissable as luck but if you don't do fine under these circumstances it can't be dismissed as unlucky and something has to be done.

Whatever man, keep complaining, I'm having a good time.

Rati_Festa #14 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46710 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostFighto, on 09 April 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

There are players basically killing themselves once they have 500 damage done, its a joke.

Yes, lets hope WG learn from that particular mission setting. It's the very core of the problem. Very very bad players picking high tier tanks with +500 alpha getting one shot off and then basically yoloing to get into the next match. Not good for the game at all. This is what happens when a marathon is made to easy to just grind though by anyone with a pulse and an index finger :)

divsmo #15 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35038 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
If there are 5 bad players on each team doesn't that make it an even playing field? Other than the odd person claiming at the start "500 damage then i kill myself" i can't say i've noticed a huge change in gameplay than before

jabster #16 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Posttajj7, on 09 April 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Its about the standard of gameplay, which is terrible, because people play terribly during marathons AND it attracts more casual/lesser experience players to the game and particularly these sorts of marathons because they have a higher tier component that these terrible players somehow think is a good idea for them to try do.

All in all what you get is even worse games than usual.  And then if you get unlucky in that environment it is even more horrible than usual and even harder to do anything about because the actual competent players are spread so thinly and even half of the competent players are playing like idiots because of the marathon. 

So its a simple suggestion, move the marathon to one server, and thus give players a choice as to whether they want to be involved with the mess or not. 

Or just have leagues as that seems to be what you want. You won’t get unlucky then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users