TS-5 American TD trash

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Lentomies1 #21 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30115 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I'm doing well in it and from MY experience it's one of if not the best tier 8 tank. I'm doing way more damage and getting more wins with it than I'm getting with the Defender.
Loving it so far.

AliceUnchained #22 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 38977 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postbarison1, on 09 April 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

when having witcher3 finished with dlc (so like after a month or so) then go play witcher 1 and 2 aswell if not done yet, even more time away from WoT then 

Well it would make more sense to start with The Witcher 1, then 2, and only then move on to 3... And there's the books of course, I have yet to finish them but the come highly recommended as well. And contrary to what quite a few Muricans seemed to believe, the books came (long) before the games. 

Blubba #23 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 57981 battles

Well you bought it. 

You didn't have to. It's not outstanding but it's potentially free. Trains any American TD crew and some suggest it prints silver.

I don't really see the issue. I'd much rather see this than half their recent releases (and re-releases).

Kids these days, I must be getting old....

Fibonachi #24 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28531 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

View PostBlubba, on 09 April 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

Well you bought it. 

You didn't have to. It's not outstanding but it's potentially free. Trains any American TD crew and some suggest it prints silver.

I don't really see the issue. I'd much rather see this than half their recent releases (and re-releases).

Kids these days, I must be getting old....

Yes, I don't really get his point of spending 10 euro (?) to get it after doing mission 8. If you are already on mission 9, can't you just play casual and complete the marathon for free? You have 4 more days to grind. What's the rush?

On the point of it being crap - it's a slightly buffed T28. Pretty strong for a premium. Keep in mind this is on the tier of Ferdinand and AMX ac mle 48. They can't just put a T95 on tierVIII.

Annonym_theSoviet #25 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8166 battles
  • [HARDB] HARDB

View PostFibonachi, on 09 April 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

Yes, I don't really get his point of spending 10 euro (?) to get it after doing mission 8. If you are already on mission 9, can't you just play casual and complete the marathon for free? You have 4 more days to grind. What's the rush?

On the point of it being crap - it's a slightly buffed T28. Pretty strong for a premium. Keep in mind this is on the tier of Ferdinand and AMX ac mle 48. They can't just put a T95 on tierVIII.

I'll be abroad for a week starting tomorrow

barison1 #26 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41665 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostAliceUnchained, on 09 April 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

Well it would make more sense to start with The Witcher 1, then 2, and only then move on to 3... And there's the books of course, I have yet to finish them but the come highly recommended as well. And contrary to what quite a few Muricans seemed to believe, the books came (long) before the games. 

makes most sense story wise yes but its just too tempting to start off with the best game of the 3, witcher 3 ofc :hiding:

started reading the books aswell, altough didnt come far yet #BlameWoT and #BlameWeebNovels, still good read, would recommand it to others aswell :great:

Zoltan1251 #27 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13360 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostLentomies1, on 09 April 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

I'm doing well in it and from MY experience it's one of if not the best tier 8 tank. I'm doing way more damage and getting more wins with it than I'm getting with the Defender.
Loving it so far.

thats just luck dude... it will run out... but yeah, i thought its great assault TD... i loved JGTiger so i am looking forward to this

DA_ZOHAN #28 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56713 battles
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-

I am at 80% discount, and was planning to go to 90%.

It will be worth 6.3 Euro for sure lol.

VarzA #29 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24891 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Some misinformation in the OP, i think it needs some addressing.

Block Quote

The TS-5:

• Cannot snipe due to crap dispersion values
  • Cannot facehug due to large tumour on top of hull.
  • Cannot fight midrange due to trash LFP. Tier 7's will have no trouble getting through your LFP.
  • No fear-factor for attacking opponents due to measly 400 alpha.
  • The only redeeming quality is the DPM, which is quickly nullified by the above four points

-> You are confusing accuracy with dispersion.

It has good dispersion, accuracy blows.

Unless fighting up close, the accuracy does not allow you to go for weakspots that well, cupola's and such, but you can hit stuff if you go for sillhouette, side shots and so on ...

-> Facehugging is a problem for the T28 as well, it has 2 cupola's and you can pen the hull by aiming down on it with 210mm of pen

-> Yes, the LFP is a problem, but it  is 200+ effective head on, you angle it because you have very good dispersion values, try not to give a good shot.

-> 400 alpha at t8 is not bad tbh, it will set in anyway once you start with the follow up shots

Block Quote

Defender, in comparison has:

• Even worse dispersion values, but neither the TS-5 or the defender are snipers;
  • The ability to facehug due to INSANE front armour and ABSOLUTELY no weakspots;
  • The ability to fight midrange, due to extreme LFP, which no tier 7 can go through and most tier 8's will have trouble dealing with;
  • Fear-factor due to having one of the best alphas (440) of heavies in its tier.
  • Crap DPM. But when you actually have a turret it is way easier to exploit a high DPM rather than when you are a slow-moving sack of crap.
  • A higher top speed of 35km/h (compared to 26km/h of TS-5) and a higher specific power.

-> it has worse accuracy and gun handling, Defender actually has a serious problem aiming a shot at mid-long range, you either snap it and pray to RNGesus or aim for ages

-> Defender can facehug only poor players, very poor ones ... it's cupola's are easy to hit from the front, and located on both left and right; also they are weaker than TS-5's cupola's

-> it can handle damage from mid-range, because of the LFP, but it won't be returning damage easily with that gun handling.

The TS-5 is an american version, much better too, of the Ferdinand with JP II levels of gun traverse and aim time, which is why a large part of the playerbase doesn't understand it.

Top/mid tier vs other armor, push, be the pushing anchor.

You don't have the armor for pushing, 2nd line dpm or snipe for hulls, the 248mm of pen is good enough to give you a chance against hulls/side turret.

Annonym_theSoviet #30 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8166 battles
  • [HARDB] HARDB

View PostVarzA, on 10 April 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

Some misinformation in the OP, i think it needs some addressing.

-> You are confusing accuracy with dispersion.

It has good dispersion, accuracy blows.

Unless fighting up close, the accuracy does not allow you to go for weakspots that well, cupola's and such, but you can hit stuff if you go for sillhouette, side shots and so on ...

-> Facehugging is a problem for the T28 as well, it has 2 cupola's and you can pen the hull by aiming down on it with 210mm of pen

-> Yes, the LFP is a problem, but it  is 200+ effective head on, you angle it because you have very good dispersion values, try not to give a good shot.

-> 400 alpha at t8 is not bad tbh, it will set in anyway once you start with the follow up shots

-> it has worse accuracy and gun handling, Defender actually has a serious problem aiming a shot at mid-long range, you either snap it and pray to RNGesus or aim for ages

-> Defender can facehug only poor players, very poor ones ... it's cupola's are easy to hit from the front, and located on both left and right; also they are weaker than TS-5's cupola's

-> it can handle damage from mid-range, because of the LFP, but it won't be returning damage easily with that gun handling.

The TS-5 is an american version, much better too, of the Ferdinand with JP II levels of gun traverse and aim time, which is why a large part of the playerbase doesn't understand it.

Top/mid tier vs other armor, push, be the pushing anchor.

You don't have the armor for pushing, 2nd line dpm or snipe for hulls, the 248mm of pen is good enough to give you a chance against hulls/side turret.

Everything you say is correct and sorry for using "dispersion" instead of "accuracy". I was a bit hot-headed when writing this review. The only thing I'll point out is that it's impossible to hit 252U's cupolas when facehugging as a TS-5. The gun is simply too low and your line of sight to the cupolas will be blocked by defender's impenetrable cheeks.

VarzA #31 Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24891 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostAnnonym_theSoviet, on 10 April 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

Everything you say is correct and sorry for using "dispersion" instead of "accuracy". I was a bit hot-headed when writing this review. The only thing I'll point out is that it's impossible to hit 252U's cupolas when facehugging as a TS-5. The gun is simply too low and your line of sight to the cupolas will be blocked by defender's impenetrable cheeks.

Ohhh, i wasn't arguing ts-5 vs defender.

I try not to do that in principal because they are weird hypotheticals that never happen in randoms.

I'm on Stage9 atm, but taking it slow towards the end, should have it done by Sunday.

From what i've seen in reviews, especially from skil and TruVoodoo, it literally is an american version of the Ferdinand.

It has about the same hp/t, but way better armor profile. That is why i am hopefull regarding this tank ... if i made the Ferdi work as a much worse player back then, i can hopefully have some fun with this one too. :)

NillyCHipples #32 Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3924 battles

I am  a very well below average stat player.

I got mine today and I must say I get more money back in the game then I do playing the Lowe, I have found it a great credit maker and I have racked up 2 million credits in just half a day, maybe I have been lucky, but for me it was worth doing the levels, only played 34 games in it and most of the time I am bottom tier, yes I agree it can be awkward to play and sticks out a mile, I have noticed that everyone wants to kill it quick, because she can pack a punch and has very quick time in reloading so I try and stay a bit back 2nd row of attack line, but I love it all the same.

thetoughcookie #33 Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44026 battles

Id say it's done. Took the long route!

Yaccay #34 Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34748 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

Worry not,

While Premium wehicle can not be nerfed; premium vehicles can be buffed .

Edited by Asklepi0s, 10 April 2019 - 12:01 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red color

Cannes76 #35 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70487 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 09 April 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

To the OP, did you not watch the vids on the tube where every CC whilst being able to make it work, said it was borderline crap, sorry to hear that you wasted money, I have done such things myself with the 50TP, as for this thing, the tech tree regular one got sold PDQ, and this looks no better at all.

Except the 50TP is an awesome tank?

Suurpolskija #36 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22076 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I've been facing some and had some on my team. From what I've seen, it's rather balanced tank. Good when the situation is right, sucks when caught out in the open.

Edit: My sick leave was extended so it seems, I'll be getting this for free, whether I play it or not, dunno.

Edited by Suurpolskija, 10 April 2019 - 07:41 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #37 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4611 battles
very funny that once again someone is comparing another tank with no turret to a Defender. great comparison

Wintermute_1 #38 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47901 battles

View PostNillyCHipples, on 10 April 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

I am  a very well below average stat player.

I got mine today and I must say I get more money back in the game then I do playing the Lowe, I have found it a great credit maker and I have racked up 2 million credits in just half a day, maybe I have been lucky, but for me it was worth doing the levels, only played 34 games

Really? 60k credits per game for on average 702 damage per game? Either its the game's best credit maker by far or you're exaggerating quite a bit.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 10 April 2019 - 08:47 AM.

Signal11th #39 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41694 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 09 April 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

I bought The witcher 3 instead on offer at 10. I will be back for FL but that will probably be it

Probably the best tenner you'll ever spend unless somehow Jessica Elba starts handing out "date night" tickets for a tenner.

AliceUnchained #40 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

General

• Player
  • 38977 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postbarison1, on 09 April 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

makes most sense story wise yes but its just too tempting to start off with the best game of the 3, witcher 3 ofc :hiding:

started reading the books aswell, altough didnt come far yet #BlameWoT and #BlameWeebNovels, still good read, would recommand it to others aswell :great:

Oh I know. When I first got The Wither 3 it had been some time since I finished both 1 and 2. Still went for 3 of course. I do think it is the best out of the 3 (but 2 comes close), even though I thoroughly dislike the skill/leveling system (equipping skills, pffff), alchemy, random loot system (precious metals and stones in a poor farmers cabin, sure), and the crafting system leaves some to be desired as well (instant sword crafting, meh). Luckily the game now has tons of amazing MODs available, and I am handy enough with the scripting + merging to make changes to parts in MODs I don't like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users