How possible is 8k combined damage & assisted anymore?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47425 battles

I've been trying to do LT15 for the Obj 260 lately which requires 8k combined damage & assisted damage. About the nearest I've got was 7k(ish) in several hundred games. Maybe this used to be easier when games weren't awash with wheeled vehicles (effectively doubling the lights and splitting the spotting) but it feels stupid hard for me at the moment. 

I'm trying to do it in an AMX 13 90 with camo net, binocs and coated optics. Crew has camo, BIA, 6th sense. I'm using the designated target directive (for a longer spot time) but maybe the camo directive might be more useful? I'm using a tier 9 in the hope that a few tier X TDs might weigh in with some damage. 

The problem is that I'm only ever hopeful when Malinovka or Prokhorovka show up and they barely ever do (maybe once in 40 or 50 games). Then when you do get one of these maps you need fairly balanced, patient, half competent teams to ensure the game will be long enough to have a chance of hitting the target. And when one of these one in a million situation arises all it takes is a wheeled vehicle or bored heavy to yolo directly at the enemy to set your spotting right back. So much is out of your control but also needs to go right it feels like playing the lottery.

Highway, Lakeville, Redshire and Steppes sometimes feel like they could have potential but they never quite prove campy enough.

Any sensible advice, locations on maps, etc? 

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12028 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
No sensible advice because it's way to hard for me, but maybe try later, there are simply too many light tanks on the battlefield right now to do spotting mission. 

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 09 April 2019 - 08:17 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #3 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23236 battles
It is possible, probably in a full tier X game in one of the few LT friendly maps in the game, but you really need the stars aligning for you, to get it, and you really need enemies to not get back in to cover when they get spotted, and teammates that actually shoot what you lit up.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18452 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostWintermute_1, on 09 April 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

I've been trying to do LT15 for the Obj 260 lately which requires 8k combined damage & assisted damage. About the nearest I've got was 7k(ish) in several hundred games. Maybe this used to be easier when games weren't awash with wheeled vehicles (effectively doubling the lights and splitting the spotting) but it feels stupid hard for me at the moment. 

I'm trying to do it in an AMX 13 90 with camo net, binocs and coated optics. Crew has camo, BIA, 6th sense. I'm using the designated target directive (for a longer spot time) but maybe the camo directive might be more useful? I'm using a tier 9 in the hope that a few tier X TDs might weigh in with some damage. 

The problem is that I'm only ever hopeful when Malinovka or Prokhorovka show up and they barely ever do (maybe once in 40 or 50 games). Then when you do get one of these maps you need fairly balanced, patient, half competent teams to ensure the game will be long enough to have a chance of hitting the target. And when one of these one in a million situation arises all it takes is a wheeled vehicle or bored heavy to yolo directly at the enemy to set your spotting right back. So much is out of your control but also needs to go right it feels like playing the lottery.

Highway, Lakeville, Redshire and Steppes sometimes feel like they could have potential but they never quite prove campy enough.

Play Tier X LTs + Enable Grand Battles.

I got mine like that.

Wintermute_1 #5 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47425 battles

View PostRilleta, on 09 April 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Play Tier X LTs + Enable Grand Battles.

I got mine like that.

That basically means the AMX 13 105 for me, unless I'm prepared to grind a whole new tank line, and I was resisting it because the 13 105 is apparently pretty bad. It's an option.

barison1 #6 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40899 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostWintermute_1, on 09 April 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

That basically means the AMX 13 105 for me, unless I'm prepared to grind a whole new tank line, and I was resisting it because the 13 105 is apparently pretty bad. It's an option.

13105 isnt that bad, best tier x LT in dealing dmg, 2nd best in spotting i would say, 1390 and 13105 are more than capable in doing the mission, do like 4k spot and 4k dmg

DeadLecter #7 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28812 battles
Right map and right teams, you will get over 15k combined. It's just pure luck.(And of course some skill is needed)

OreH75 #8 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50821 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Its a combination of right tank on the right map with the right (enemy) team players..happens to me like once every 2 weeks or so?

PointZero #9 Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45290 battles

The last time I pulled it off was four days ago on the first day of the marathon http://forum.worldof...9#entry16795779

Signal11th #10 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40752 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Considering the amount of 48% WR players I see in 260's these days  I have to assume its fairly easy......................................................... for the person they are paying to complete it for them..

MeetriX #11 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21971 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Git Luc.

WindSplitter1 #12 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18452 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postbarison1, on 09 April 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

13105 isnt that bad, best tier x LT in dealing dmg, 2nd best in spotting i would say, 1390 and 13105 are more than capable in doing the mission, do like 4k spot and 4k dmg

Indeed. This was exactly the vehicle I made the mission with.
21:37 Added after 0 minutes

View PostWintermute_1, on 09 April 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

As stated ^

ihateclowns #13 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34293 battles
  • [TROP] TROP
Have you got elc even 90?  

spamhamstar #14 Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

For us slightly less than amazing players I'm afraid it does take a certain persistence waiting for the stars to align. 

I completed it on Malinovka spotting from f5 in the 13 90.  Basically yolo to the bush using the bushes in the dip as cover & pray you make it unspotted.  Risk is usually worth the reward if you make it, if not it's probably an early bath.  Did just over 9k spotting damage, which is just as well, cuz I didn't do great in the late game and only managed 745 dmg.  I've a feeling I also completed all the earlier spotting missions using the same tactic as I have several 8k+ replays on that map although none of them will play any more.

As you also said you need to be lucky with the teams as well, especially in regard to the lights, both on your team & the enemies.  If any of them are any good your chances are hugely reduced as you're less likely to be able to out spot or out play them.

With regard to equipment I had a more balanced set up with optics, vents & vert stabs as I thought I'd have to be doing damage as well as spotting, but in the end I did enough spotting not to need any damage.  Should be noted my crew have 5 skills tho, so am able to mitigate a lot of the cons with camo & situational awareness etc.

As there is so much luck (right team, right map) involved in this strategy it might be worth listening to some of the better players suggestions of "git gud" or do lots of damage, as it gives more scope on other maps.  Otherwise just leave the mission turned on & keep an eye out for when you get that special alignment where it just might be possible & throw everything at it & play normally the rest of the time.  That avoids a lot of frustration. I was also helped by the fact I enjoy playing light tanks so it wasn't taking me away from the tanks I would normally play & these were the 1st missions I completed.  I found it far more frustrating doing the arty & td missions as I had to buy & play tanks I didn't want to, just to be able to complete these missions.  Seems stupid, but I suppose it got us all playing/buying every class.

Can't help with the wheeled vehicles I'm afraid as it was only WoT & spgs when I played.

Best of luck, have faith cuz you'll get there if you stick with it.

Schepel #15 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62525 battles
Did it today - in a td. :P Scout died on prok like a 'very smart person', so I took over. The big problem with this mission is that you will get a lot of maps on which you won't do it. On a select few maps it is quite possible, but you only get those once every thirty games and THEN you need an exceptional game. It is a grind. Best of luck.

Renesco #16 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24692 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
It's pure RNG, you just gotta click that battle button 300+ times and hope for the best. I've come close (7k) in WZ131 though and once got about 6k in SP1C

PervyPastryPuffer #17 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32726 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostWintermute_1, on 09 April 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Patience is your only hope for completion.

I just played a combination of peek-a-boo/ring-around-the-rosie with a T57 Heavy driver in my 1390 on Glacier, I bet he was steaming mad after I pumped two full clips in him over several runs. You can go berserk in the 1390 and just drive around shooting up tanks, the spotting will come on its own hahah!

Balc0ra #18 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69705 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

13 90 did that one for me.

South side Malinovka on the left side mini hill works if they have lots o tier X armor camping base. Or F1 on Prokhorovka is one that did it for me. I don't camp the red line bush, but the one below it as all the blind fire goes on the top one. And just pray they have a Maus or Type 4/5 that yoloes the 1 lane to "scout". As if there are no super heavies to spot. It's a bit tricky. LT-15 for the T-55A then I spotted a 3x Maus platoon camping base on Malinovka. 

It's as much luck as it is skill tbh. Knowing where to spot don't help if the enemy team is all going hill on Maliovka vs camping base etc.

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26363 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Fresh from the game.... easy peasy at top tiers really.... well when you're as sexy as me it is. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4842422#sand_river-tungstenhitman-t49

WojtekTheBear #20 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27793 battles
I got almost 10k damage in a tier 8 light on Malinovka. I drove up the hill from the south side and kept spotting everyone. So yeah, it's very much possible, you just need some (well, a lot) luck. Fiery silent might be good if you are (again) lucky, sometimes it's enough to sit in a bush and see enemy  tanks melted if they try pushing through that forest.

Edited by WojtekTheBear, 09 April 2019 - 11:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users