• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Zoltan1251 #1 Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13113 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Ok, so whats so bad?

Bond missions... first of, you get very little.... second, right now, only the best of the best have improved equipment... so how does it make sense to have unicums be even better?.... having missions with PA is good, whats bad is that free to play will be in worse situation.... what will it change? nothing... bad players will be just as bad and good will still be good... i dont plan to ever put in improve e., its just so mini advantage that its not worth it... have you ever thought to yourself "oh that guy sitting in the middle of malinovka, if he just had improved equipment he would kill us all"???

ban 2 maps.... have anyone considered that if enough players ban certain maps, nobody will be playing those maps?... not even free to play players, so they will get advantage for free.... 

there is overreacting to every change in this game.... this is literally one of the most unnoticeable changes in recent history and we still have overreaction... i was affraid of wheeled the most and it turned out fine

Balc0ra #2 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69743 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 April 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Bond missions... first of, you get very little.... second, right now, only the best of the best have improved equipment... so how does it make sense to have unicums be even better?.... having missions with PA is good, whats bad is that free to play will be in worse situation.... what will it change? nothing... bad players will be just as bad and good will still be good... i dont plan to ever put in improve e., its just so mini advantage that its not worth it... have you ever thought to yourself "oh that guy sitting in the middle of malinovka, if he just had improved equipment he would kill us all"???

Most don't waste bonds on equipment, as most wait for the bond store. And the point of the new premium account bonuses is due to personal reserves that everyone uses vs it now. And you also have directives that they throw at you constantly that gives the same % bonus as improved equipment does. And it's not like good players will have it on every one of their 200 tanks. Nor will having a 0.05 sec faster reload make a bad player win way more if he has it. 

ban 2 maps.... have anyone considered that if enough players ban certain maps, nobody will be playing those maps?... not even free to play players, so they will get advantage for free....

If everyone but you bans Paris, then you won't see Paris for 4 hours. As it's based on time vs locked forever and a one time pick. It will be based on what most play. Like LT's doing LT-15 don't want urban maps. And HT's doing HT-15 don't want open maps etc. And the next day they might play meds or TD's and want different maps. It will rotate and you won't even notice it besides the map you have picked I suspect. 

Personally I think the new PA changes are fine. As again most have personal reserves that give the same bonuses. Thus less and less bought premium time. Now you get more smaller stuff, inc the platoon XP bonus that is nice.

The only thing I don't get is the piggy bank stuff. Most want the 10% now as they are saving for a new tier X. Not 7 days later when the sale is over.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 April 2019 - 12:41 AM.

Bucifel #3 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34364 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

Ok, so whats so bad?

there is overreacting to every change in this game.... this is literally one of the most unnoticeable changes in recent history and we still have overreaction... i was affraid of wheeled the most and it turned out fine

whats so bad?? 

LIES !

about bonds? Here

oh yes..this is a problem and a big one

doesnt matter if the reward is 1000 , 10 , 25 or even 5 bonds....their "solemn" promise is still broken and FALSE from now !

bonds for money ! No matter how many, are still FOR MONEY ! WICH THEY SAID THEMSELVES THAT WILL NEVER BE !

can you all understand where is the problem now??

they LIE AGAIN and ask us to pay for this ! Thats the problem :facepalm:

how can you as a company say such promises and after few months just spit on them AND ask me to buy your miserable lie??

how can you play this and be pleased when they just lie you in face??

and its not first time !

overreacting to any change?? Yes

because any change is in not what comunity asks and problems are ignored !

because we are bombarded with p2w changes to that point where anything new is considered already bad and disgusting and made only for money, not for players

and you know whats the worst part?? Thats TRUE !

thats why 

:facepalm:

Edited by Bucifel, 10 April 2019 - 12:39 AM.

VarzA #4 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24613 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Ok, so whats so bad?

Bonds were not handled very well by WG, for almost 2yrs they are trying to get ppl to use them but most ppl refuse ... maybe 200 bond unmount cost is the problem ?

And the insane cost of the bond equipment ?

Most ppl won't ban 2 maps, it's an opt-in system so by default .... not many ppl will bother.

The 'overreacting' comes from the fact that to many players who invested in the trifecta of 'world of ...' titles (most of them whales), it means having to pay much more for the same lvl of access, as they usually have one primary game (WoT) and 1-2 secondary.

What i suspect will happen is that WG will massively reduce interest in their 2 other titles.

Tealo #5 Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37526 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

It's just increasing the grind even more or another way of looking at it: Is starting another grind for modules (improved equipment) Grind for all your tanks!!

To do this grind you have pay for it!! AGIAN after paying for the original prem account and premium tanks, which in effect have been nerfed!! Unless you buy the new improved prem account and grind again..:coin: For all the tanks you want to play including all the premium tanks in the garage..:teethhappy:

This is worse than Rubicon patch..Is Wot dying?? :popcorn:

Edited by Tealo, 10 April 2019 - 01:33 AM.

Zylon0 #6 Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8951 battles

PA changes for instance the 1 extra map exclusion will affect marking tanks and tank mastery.

Lets say 2 players player A and B are evenly skilled.

Player A excludes an open map on his slow super heavy,

Player A did not get flanked and increased his rating.

Player B plays the same tank and got the open map player A excluded.

Player B got flanked and died. Rating decreased.....

Edited by Zylon0, 10 April 2019 - 04:59 AM.

SuperOlsson #7 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22766 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

The part i dislike most is that they once again decrease the value of gold, (the first time was when they stopped selling new premium tanks for gold). What can you do with gold after this change? Besides convert to credits/free exp or buy some extremely powercreeped premium tank of course? Well i guess I'll have to suit myself for being such gullible to have a large amount of gold on my account.

OllieCromwell #8 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43481 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

I have been running on a premium account for as long as I can remember  playing this game actively, and got some premium tanks in the process as well.

It payed, together with the money of all them other Premium Account owners and Premium tank drivers towards keeping the game moving forward and running.

As such I don't feel particularly guilty about getting some (minor ?) advantages over all the free-loaders that are not prepared to contribute towards the game.... 

In itself that is a choice and there is nothing wrong with that, but don't complain and accept the simple fact that you can play the game for free because others pay for it is enough compensation ...

:hiding:

and given my mediocre skills I can use any advantage I can get (there .. I said it).

Edited by OllieCromwell, 10 April 2019 - 07:00 AM.

Cobra6 #9 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16463 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

People are not overreacting at all. 

There are 0 reason, for the player, not to add these bonuses to the already existing premium account. There was no reason to invent a special premium account for WoT other then financial gains on Wargaming's part.

Cobra 6

jack_timber #10 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36828 battles

Ok, so whats so bad?

Well to me it looks good, perhaps some don't like change....

Frostilicus #11 Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22735 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View Postjack_timber, on 10 April 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

Ok, so whats so bad?

Well to me it looks good, perhaps some don't like change....

Every change provokes a scream of outrage - even if there's been a forum crusade for that particular change

It's the reason why the Eu forum is ignored and labelled as drama queens, fair enough imo

250swb #12 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:09 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23225 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think the people paying to support the game should have some sort of sweetener, after all they have to play against people who don't pay and don't care and who still feel vindicated to whine about how unfair the world is. All WG need to do next is fix the game.

undutchable80 #13 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 10088 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I play WoT and only WoT. I dont play WoWPs or WoWs, so for me these changes are very nice indeed.

However, I can understand where the multiple game players are coming from...somewhat. The benefits from the regular premium account still apply and will keep on applying. Nothing changes in that regard. And since I dont play the other two titles, I may not understand properly, but not being able to buy it with ingame gold is ok with me as well. How many times have WoWP players come on these (WoT) forums to tell us they have some easy missions for gold rewards in WoWPs which can also be spent in WoT (on premium time for instance, whereas I as a WoT-only player have to pay with real money)? Didnt hear anybody complain about that 'exploit'. Heck, a couple of times I have bought a gold & credits package in the WoWPs premium store since that was at a far greater discount than in the WoT premium shop and used it in WoT. Now all this stays the same, except WoT-only players get some additional benefits? Fine by me.

HOWEVER, I do believe that if you want the best of both world (so premium for WoWP & WoWs AND premium+ for WoT) you should not have to pay double. If you own one and want (to extend) the other, you should be able to do so at 50% discount or something like that. 

Also the missions for bonds imho is a slippery slope. I am an average player who just has over 5k bonds and would I like to buy enhanced equipment or even tanks from the future bond shop? Sure I would, so I would welcome more possibilities to earn bonds, but I am not that desperate for them that this new proposal sits well with me. I can happily live without those missions and keep that part of the game - earning bonds - universal for everyone.

With every action there is a reaction. Being able to block 2 maps will be interesting to see how much it will influence the MM. I personally think the impact overall will not be as doom-and-gloom as some players think; that you will not see any HTs anymore on prokharovka or malinovka. Maybe you will see less, but maybe not as much as some players think, since I believe that there are some maps that are just badly balanced that it doesnt matter what class of tank you are playing at the time, and those will be the most blocked by players.

Lastly, the things proposed with regards to PA are still subject to change. So voicing your opinion is good in order to influence the devs (I am an optimist, yes); but the way some people react to this goes beyond me. Taking things out of context, misquoting, attacking people for their opinions or just stating things without proper arguments is defeinately not the way to do it...

tajj7 #14 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27094 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Is the community over reacting? I see two threads on it, one of them is this one. 

Wheeled Vehicles, now there is a topic the community has over reacted on, this one? meh.

These are pretty minor changes to be honest, the only gripe I have with it is the fact you are not going to have unified premium account across multiple titles which is cheeky from WG, something they started by not allowing gold to be used in WOWs. 

And are people really making a fuss about bonds? There are multiple ways of getting bonds for free in larger numbers than I reckon this PA missions will be and bonds are not some amazing resource, improved equipment is very minor in its impact its barely noticeable and we don't even have the tanks bond shop yet. 

Jauhesammutin #15 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Posttajj7, on 10 April 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

And are people really making a fuss about bonds? There are multiple ways of getting bonds for free in larger numbers than I reckon this PA missions will be and bonds are not some amazing resource, improved equipment is very minor in its impact its barely noticeable and we don't even have the tanks bond shop yet. 

It's because WG said that they aren't going to sell bonds for real money. And now they are selling a service which will give bonds.

Customers don't like being lied to. I don't really mind since (until bond shop comes) bonds are pretty useless.

Zoltan1251 #16 Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13113 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 April 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's because WG said that they aren't going to sell bonds for real money. And now they are selling a service which will give bonds.

Customers don't like being lied to. I don't really mind since (until bond shop comes) bonds are pretty useless.

i like discussion here...but come on, its really not that big of a deal.... bond earnings are so low for average player that its criminal.... they dont "sell" them, you have opportunity to earn them..i know its just play with words but still, why not give other opportunity other than "play for dozens of hours weekly or you get nothing".... bonds are broken from the start so why complain about it now?.... bonds should not be a thing in my opinion... two currencies are enough

Jauhesammutin #17 Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23031 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostZoltan1251, on 10 April 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

i like discussion here...but come on, its really not that big of a deal.... bond earnings are so low for average player that its criminal.... they dont "sell" them, you have opportunity to earn them..i know its just play with words but still, why not give other opportunity other than "play for dozens of hours weekly or you get nothing".... bonds are broken from the start so why complain about it now?.... bonds should not be a thing in my opinion... two currencies are enough

I agree, that's why I said that I don't really mind it. The same case was with the Mutant M6A2E1. When it was sold they said that they are never going to sell it again. Fast forwards couple of years and it was on sale. I do understand why players were upset.

You shouldn't be able to buy improved equipment or directives. Instead if could be used to buy different cosmetics (like the X-mas, IS7 T57 Grille and BC camo).

Steve8066 #18 Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14687 battles

. i was affraid of wheeled the most and it turned out fine

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 11 April 2019 - 09:32 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

Bordhaw #19 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 April 2019 - 10:52 PM, said:

Community overreacting to PA changes

Whatever you define "the community" as always over-react to anything in WoT. 

If you mean this forum and a handful of youtubers then yes you are correct. 

WG give the players what they want and they want OP tanks. If anyone doesnt see that by now then they will never see it. 

Tealo #20 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37526 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostBordhaw, on 10 April 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Whatever you define "the community" as always over-react to anything in WoT. 

If you mean this forum and a handful of youtubers then yes you are correct. 

WG give the players what they want and they want OP tanks. If anyone doesnt see that by now then they will never see it. 

Yes your right within a year of these changes to bonded equipement with prem account whats left of the playerbase will be moaning about balance again, the effect of improved equipement on balance?? WG in their wisdom of course didn't forsee this :sceptic: And have to come up with a solution?? After much whining and complaining will magically come with something like this??

Being to reblance all the tanks based on improved equipment by taking a big nerf bat to all the tank stats in a global rebalance! Which will be including all the premium tanks as WG will not be picking on the stats of indvindual tanks brought for money but a global "Rebalance" on the global base values on which the game is based  :D It's not the first time they have done this with the global accuarcy nerf, or Global HE nerf...

ie Bait and switch.. :trollface:

Edited by Tealo, 10 April 2019 - 06:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users