WoT client losing focus in Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Vilmetzy #1 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8554 battles

From time to time, several times per day but seemingly at random, my WoT client loses focus and is automatically minimized; so suddenly I have either my desktop or whatever other window I have open in front of my screen. This is quickly remedied with Alt-TAB, but of course in the middle of a battle this can be highly annoying.

I am running Windows 10, the client is in full screen. I have set up all the relevant focus settings in Windows 10, and even put "game mode" on in the Windows 10 game bar. World of Tanks is the only game in which this is happening.

A possibly related thing is that once in a while, not every day, on starting the World of Tanks client, I am in windowed mode instead of in fullscreen mode, although when I closed the client last it was still in fullscreen mode.

jack_timber #2 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36781 battles

Yes I had that also appears it was mods causing this problem. One thing to try is in safe mode, if problem disappears get rid or update mods.

Might be worthwhile checking for gpu updates also.

thwQ #3 Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20930 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Mods, shortcuts .. check your keyboard also if it has game mode button. Win 10 and many stuff opened in the background, maybe even in taskbar prompting and minimizing .. maybe Wargaming launcher?!

Could give it a try to play in borderless windowed mode?

Vilmetzy #4 Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8554 battles

View PostthwQ, on 10 April 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Mods, shortcuts .. check your keyboard also if it has game mode button. Win 10 and many stuff opened in the background, maybe even in taskbar prompting and minimizing .. maybe Wargaming launcher?!

Could give it a try to play in borderless windowed mode?

Thank you, thwQ, the borderless windowed mode seems to have solved my problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users