Pathetic automated support system

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Anevfoglalt #1 Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 917 battles

Hi everyone,
I'd love to share my "great" experience with support. I was given this situation:
Three of us were playing in a platoon. When one of us got stuck on a rock, I tried to help him off by slowly sliding after him hoping we both just bump off from it. Well... That did not happen. I got stuck on top of the other player and then slowly both our life started to decrease. Then all of a sudden, I got kicked out of the game and given an our ban. Like really?! I was thinking; its fine I just go to the support they can say something useful about it and resolve it quick. 

I went on the support site and created a ticket which I received a general answer for. It seemed suspiciously generic (clue 1). I reopened the ticket and I got a second generic answer trying to shove the terms and conditions down my throat (clue 2). Then I got a bit mad so I asked proof of watching my replay file. At last I received the EXACT same answer for the third ticket from the exact same bot. They are having a lough.

I understand they try to automate the support because of not so smart people and most of the questions can be answered in a generic answer. However, when someone keep reopening a ticket, it should be flagged to not be answered by a badly designed support bot. Like seriously it is a joke. The first response states: Helping a team mate that was flipped over. My situation clearly fits into this, but no one ever checked the files I attached to the tickets.

So now the questions are:

• Why are they don't use a proper support system? 
  • Why would they not improve? I mean; write in a particular name into the form search and you'll see countless threads in all the different languages about the same thing.
  • With a business policy like this, why should I buy premium content? (which I have done more than once)
  • How am I supposed to solve any issues if the forum rules mention the use of support tickets, but the support responses are automated bot answers?

I attached a screen shot which I received from my friend in the same platoon.

Here is the wotreplay file: https://drive.google...2NDK-lYQhsiN3L5

I have read the forum rules. I am not naming and shaming as the last names of the very helpful support "staff" has been taken off, therefore they are not identifiable. The wotreplay file does not share any illegal content neither, and user names are public. To clarify: this thread is not to create hatred and does not have any bad intentions. I am simply interested in the reasons. Lets hope a community manager will eventually get here.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_016.jpg   1.48MB

Edited by Anevfoglalt, 10 April 2019 - 08:52 PM.

Bracciano_gatto #2 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2167 battles

Stuff happens.

It is unfortunate however if you received a one hour ban it means this is NOT the first time you do team damage, intentionally or not.

The automated system is good, not without faults, however WG will not spend time to verify all those replays.

They used to watched them all, long time ago, but people abused the system and this is what we have now.

Be careful and keep on tanking !

PS: if I were you I would remove the screenshots of the customer support as we are not suppose to discuss such issues in the forums, unless you want to receive other sanctions of course.

Good luck out there !

Anevfoglalt #3 Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 917 battles

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 10 April 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Stuff happens.

It is unfortunate however if you received a one hour ban it means this is NOT the first time you do team damage, intentionally or not.

The automated system is good, not without faults, however WG will not spend time to verify all those replays.

They used to watched them all, long time ago, but people abused the system and this is what we have now.

Be careful and keep on tanking !

PS: if I were you I would remove the screenshots of the customer support as we are not suppose to discuss such issues in the forums, unless you want to receive other sanctions of course.

Good luck out there !

I understand that how it adds up the previous damages as well. It happens to anyone. People can ran into it and tanks not always as precise. My issue is here they specifically sate we can appeal if it was to help someone out. But the reply is another automated answer. I think it gives false hope. Why do they even bother to have support then? 

I answered back to the last one asking if anyone is there. Now they have closed the ticket without an option to reopen and telling me to go to the forum. I have a feeling the moderator will close this too and will tell me to go back to the support system.

Anyways... It is interesting how they make loads of money but don't bother with support.

Bracciano_gatto #4 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2167 battles

View PostAnevfoglalt, on 10 April 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Anyways... It is interesting how they make loads of money but don't bother with support.

The volume of replays they were receiving years ago was just to much to handle.

As far as I know, as the Chieftain mentioned recently, the only replays they actually watch nowadays are for physics abuse/pushing an ally.

Someone pushes you off a rock or stuff like that you can still submit and the offenders will have consequences.

Good luck out there !

Anevfoglalt #5 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 917 battles

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 10 April 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

The volume of replays they were receiving years ago was just to much to handle.

As far as I know, as the Chieftain mentioned recently, the only replays they actually watch nowadays are for physics abuse/pushing an ally.

Someone pushes you off a rock or stuff like that you can still submit and the offenders will have consequences.

Good luck out there !

Well. Lets hope I wont get another ban for some idiotic issue like this.

Orkbert #6 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26911 battles

As regrettably as that accidental teamkill was, you wrote it was a one-hour ban. Before the support can even react that ban will be over anyways, what the heck should they have done then?

Just keep in mind that helping stuck/flipped is a wee bit iffy. Remember two rules:

1) Never try to help from above (and from below you should also be careful)

2) As for flipped tanks, only help those flipped on their side, those who landed on their backs are lost: they got a thirty second self destruct countdown and to help them in that time limit you would have to whack into them hard enough that you gonna cause teamdamage from your try to flip them back. And if that attempt fails and he self-destructs you get flagged as the one who destroyed him. (and in the rare case of a success you still gonna get fined for causing teamdamage anyways)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users